Stockholm Travel Answers

change location

what to explore in Boden!! plz help

by marklad Online Now Jan 28, 2005 at 10:03 AM

Hiya again.. as u all know i will be off to Boden in 2weeks, hence if anyone has been there, what is it like. Is it really expensive, what about food/drinks etc.. R people friendly, what is the night life like, what is there to explore, any clubs/scenes to look out for.. Can somebode plz tell how i should travel from stockholm airport to Boden? How far if the journey? Any general feedback will be really valued.. cheers x

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • vec's Profile Photo

Re: what to explore in Boden!! plz help

by vec Online Now Jan 30, 2005 at 11:28 AM

Hi, Boden is located in the fart north of Sweden, with a population of about 29000 people. It's the largets military city in Sweden with about 1500 persons doing their military service and 800 officers. More information about Boden on this site: http://www.upplevboden.nu/uk/ The best way to get to Boden is from Stockholm-Arlanda airport. Take the plane to Luleå and from there a bus or a taxi. You can also get to Boden by train, but be aware that the trip takes quite many hours. Train information at: http://www.connex.se Daniel

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: what to explore in Boden!! plz help

by tarjaleena57 Online Now Jan 31, 2005 at 4:47 AM

Hi It is quite a long trip from Arlanda airport to Boden, over 900 km, including 134 km on motorway.By car it takes ower 14 hours. Good luck and be carerefully.

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Re: Re: what to explore in Boden!! plz help

by Sjalen Online Now Jan 31, 2005 at 7:28 AM

Plus you said you travelled to Skavsta. That is not the major Stockholm airport but instead it is in the town of Nyköping south of the city. First you therefore need to catch the Ryanair bus to Stockholm itself and then the train straight to Boden or plane to Luleå indeed. By the way the train to Boden (which I mentioned in your previous post) is also an evening departure (17.20) so you sleep your way up there. If I remember correctly, we were in Boden just before 8 a.m. (that's where they loaded fresh breakfast on board). To get a cheap deal, ask for a couchette rather than a sleeper.

• Re: what to explore in Boden!! plz help

by stevelivinginBODEN Online Now Feb 18, 2005 at 2:51 AM

hi my name is steve and i moved to Boden from Leeds Yorkshire , england to be with a lovely girl anyway in boden at the moment the place is covered in snow and ice , but dont let that put you off ,dress well for the weather , anything up to -13 i can handle above that i die .lol anyway you can get loads of nice walks , a few bars and clubs , good ski-ing nearby , wednesday is known as little saturday ...dont ask , i have no idea , but it is a good night in the bars , olivers and the club above it are good , as is the one on the hotel in the centre ....apart from that mate , good bus service to lulea and the girls up here are georgous enjoy ps if anyone else reads this and is from boden , i would like to get in touch , i could do with meeting new freinds , i dont speak the language yet , so a scottish guy and the accent is what you will get for now , but i like a beer and a laugh steve

• Re: Re: what to explore in Boden!! plz help

by marklad Online Now Feb 20, 2005 at 4:42 AM

Hi Steve, cheers 4that very informative reply! Well im here now in Boden (coming from leicetershire in UK), im living close to the train station, and i tell u what i find Boden preety boring at the moment. I ve been here fro 1week and have another 10weeks to go!!! God help me..im beggining to feel sick..i dont no what to do..as there is not much happening! unless i am missing out or dont no where to look! Over the weekend..what is the usual plan for most peopl ein Boden..i went to the city, all closed, then went to Dumus-i suppoose the onlý place that is open all week (very convinient for me)... anyhow, what made you move from leeds to Boden? and how r u finding the change.. well hope to here from u mate..and spk 2u sn

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Re: Re: what to explore in Boden!! plz help

by Sjalen Online Now Feb 20, 2005 at 12:31 PM

Haha, loooove made him leave :))) Well...here's another Swedish-British couple and the British half, i.e. hubby, would much rather live in Boden than in Malmö that's for sure. He loves the real snow and the northern lights. I wouldn't mind either actually - it's just too far (and expensive) to my parents in Stockholm and the rest of the family further south). Try making some trips away from Boden. Luleå has a World Heritage site in its Gammelstad Church Village. Shame you're not staying until summer as both Luleå and nearby Piteå picks up a lot then, Piteå with a beach (the water gets quite warm up there in the narrow Gulf) full of nightlife. Kiruna is a must with the world's largest mine that you tour by bus! And the Ice Hotel of course...(see my Jukkasjärvi page).

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines