Stockholm Travel Answers

change location

Tourist sights

by Chatterbox007 Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Are the tourist attraction like the museum and places open in the beginning of May.

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • akkipaa's Profile Photo

Re: Tourist sights

by akkipaa Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Hmm... we ar3e here in Norden struggling with the snow but the live goes on all the time :) I think May is one of the best months to visit Stockholm (and other parts of Sweden also), the spring is almost over and it's bending to summer.

I you are there on the first half of May you get extra benefits, the Ice Hockey World Chanpion ships are ongoing in Sweden and Finland! Semifinals and the final in Stockolm 18th - 19th May! ah, I wish I could be there!

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Muscovite's Profile Photo

by Muscovite Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 2:55 AM

If you are concerned about May 1, it is an official holiday, and many places can be closed - no work on Workers' day! You may want to look up Stockholm's travel guide and find more info about a particular museum or place of interest. they are many!

visitstockholm.com/en/To-Do/...;

• balhannah's Profile Photo

by balhannah Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I did notice some Museums are open throughout May, so perhaps best to google the Museums your interested in visiting. A new Abba Museum is opening on May 7th.
    This is one site
    accessible-sweden.com/index....

by Muscovite Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Good job, Dee!
    You must absolutely write a tip on this link. Sweden is normally accessible, but it's good to know where and how.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

by Sjalen Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 2:28 AM

Yes. You will find that a few things are closed 1 May on Labour Day, but not museums and restaurants.

• Zirpsis's Profile Photo

by Zirpsis Online Now Apr 2, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Skansen is open. It's an outdoor museum area/park with old original Swedish houses brought there from all over the country. You'll find some domestic animals like cows, sheep and pigs but aslo wild life like elk, wolves and bears. It's high up on a hill and has wonderful views over Stockholm so you'll get beautiful panorama pictures. There are some nice restaurants, too.

by Muscovite Online Now Apr 2, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Vote for Skansen, too. It's not what your ususal idea of a museum would be. Take tram # 7, it's a sight in its own right. Then there is a lot to do in Djurgarden besides Skansen - Prince Eugene's house with surroundings is worth seeing, even if you skip its museum. The whole place is really lovely.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines