Stirling

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 3 nights in Skye VS 2 nights in Skye + 1 night in Inverness

Isle of Skye Apr 11, 2014 at 1:48 PM

My husband and I are arriving into Edinburgh on July 8th. We spend 2 nights there - and then rent a car and the plan is to drive to Skye on the 10th. We have 3 nights booked in Skye at the Rowan Cottage Tree House. We then have a flight out from Inverness to London on the 13th at 2PM.

My question is do you think we should do 3 nights in Skye or should we spend the last night in Inverness since we have a flight out from there on the 13th afternoon.

Also any suggestions on good routes from Edinburgh to Skye and any recommendations for what distilleries to visit perhaps on the way to Skye? My husband really enjoys Scotch where as I can be the designated driver.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions!

more
    • 3 weeks in Edinburgh for a single 40 year old woman who likes culture and night life

Edinburgh Apr 22, 2014 at 3:16 PM

I am planning to stay in Edinburgh for about 3 weeks, and want to get a taste for what it would be like to live there. I may check out some advanced education programs, and also want to do the touristy things, and enjoy some pubs and clubs. I would like a central location that feels pedestrian friendly, with lots of shops, restaurants, and easy access to the cultural sights. Night life for people in their 30s and up would be great to find, too. Budget is middle of the road. Where might I stay?

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Cruises that originate from Edinburgh, UK?

Edinburgh Apr 11, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Are there cruises that originate from Edinburgh to mainland Europe or Denmark or Norway?

more
    • Isle of Skye

Isle of Skye Apr 10, 2014 at 1:46 AM

What is the most beautiful remote area of the isle of skye. we want amazing sea views with the possibility of seeing whales, dolphins,seals otters etc.

more
    • ISLAND HOPPING....LEWIS ..HARRIS... THE UISTS ...and so on..

Scotland Yesterday

Does anyone have an experience to share ? Advice ? Way to Go ? Would appreciate any help. Thank you.

more
    • hotel in edinburg

Edinburgh Mar 26, 2014 at 11:27 AM

hi can anyone suggest a good hotel in edinburg central , i have 2 children aged 6 and 1 1 with me ,my budget is between 100 and 150 pounds per night

more
    • Archaeology

Orkney Apr 2, 2014 at 1:29 PM

I will have just 4 days on Orkney in May - want to see as much of the best archaeological sites possible. Will have our own transport. What would you recommend best way to make the msot of a short stay?

more
    • Taking a ferry with a rental car

Scotland Apr 13, 2014 at 2:57 PM

I,ve heard that it's not possible to take a ferry with a rental car. Could you tell me if this is right? We're going to travel all around Scotland and this would be a serious problem.
      Thanks

more
    • Scottisn Referendum & Impact on Tourism

Scotland Mar 28, 2014 at 2:18 AM

We are thinking of visiting Scotland around the Referendum date - possible itinerary - Tobermorr/Sky/Stornoway /Pitterweem = touring in a small caravan, avoiding all major cities - and staying on 5 star sites. What concerns us is will we be welcome as English tourists or is there liable to be some ill feeling towards us. We are completely neutral in our views. All we do know is that Scotland is truly beautiful and we wish we'd discovered it earlier in our lives

Many thanks

more
    • Geetika30's Profile Photo

Isle of skye for 2 days

Isle of Skye Apr 1, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Is it better to hire a Isle of skye tour or one can roam around the whole area with public transport?

more
    • Edinburg and London stay

Scotland Mar 25, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Hi , I am traveling with my 2children to uk and have total 9 nights and want to split between London and Edinburg , can any one suggest how many days to spend in Edinburg and how many in London?

more
    • Selkirk to Stirling

by KALtmcm Online Now Sep 2, 2013 at 9:16 AM

My husband and I (we're from U.S.) will be visiting Selkirk in the Borders in June 2014 for a few days. We want to go from Selkirk to Stirling on Sat, June 28. We need to be in Stirling by 10:00 a.m. for Bannockburn event. We hope to avoid renting a car. What are our options for transportation and about how long does it take to get to Stirling? We'll be in Stirling for a couple of days and then go on to Edinburgh.

2 Answers Sep 2, 2013 at 10:35 AM
    • Andrew_W_K's Profile Photo

What to see on a short break

by Andrew_W_K Online Now Oct 29, 2009 at 1:17 PM

I'm off to Stirling for a couple of days in December and I'll be checking out Stirling castle, the Wallace monument and going up to Callander.
      What else should I not miss. I've looked at a lot of internet sites so don't need pointing in that direction.
      I'd like someone from the region or who knows the region well to make some suggestions. There seems so much and I have so little time.
      Thanks

1 Answer Oct 30, 2009 at 1:54 AM
    • civic1500's Profile Photo

Urgent! Car Park near Stirling Castle

by civic1500 Online Now Sep 18, 2008 at 2:51 PM

I am planning to have a day trip to Stirling castle from Edinburgh and I have to park my car for three to four hour nearby. Anyone here could advise if there is any mult-storey car parking.
      Many thanks

2 Answers Sep 20, 2008 at 3:42 AM
    • Transport

by stefaniadebattista Online Now Aug 20, 2008 at 2:03 AM

anyone knows how can i get from lochearnhead to stirling on a sunday???

will it be possible to hire a car from stirling and then leave it in glasgow airport???

3 Answers Aug 20, 2008 at 10:45 AM
    • Bus or Train??

by Raahat Online Now Mar 26, 2008 at 12:53 AM

Hi all,

I am considering going from Edinburgh to Stirling in the first week of April and am getting a Rail fare of GBP6.50 and a Bus fare of GBP5.40

As the prices are almost the same, I was wondering which route would be more scenic. The time of travel would be early morning like 9am or so.

Thanks.

2 Answers Mar 26, 2008 at 5:52 AM
    • A good chinese takeaway please

by alirsam Online Now Sep 16, 2007 at 4:45 AM

Can anyone suggest a good chinese takeaway please?

1 Answer Sep 25, 2007 at 3:59 PM
    • kevarms's Profile Photo

Stirling and Doune in one day

by kevarms Online Now Jun 13, 2007 at 6:38 PM

Hi, Planning a short break in Scotland. My plan so far is :
      Monday: arrive Edinburgh 14:20, train to Stirling, spend night there
      Tuesday: bus to Doune, back to Stirling for castle and bus tour, train back to Edinburgh in the evening.

Is it feasible to do Stirling and Doune in one day?

Thanks,
      Kevin

2 Answers Jun 16, 2007 at 7:17 PM
    • Rice Milk

by lor.strom Online Now May 24, 2007 at 8:50 PM

Will I be able to purchase rice milk in Stirling?

1 Answer May 24, 2007 at 11:17 PM
    • Castle

by seoras5th Online Now May 12, 2007 at 3:59 PM

to get into the castle cafe does one have to pay for entry to the castle itself or is the cafe a place where i can simply go for lunch without the castle?

3 Answers May 13, 2007 at 3:33 AM
    • phil1908's Profile Photo

accomodation...

by phil1908 Online Now Jul 25, 2005 at 5:10 AM

hi

we will stay 4 days in stirling (and suburbs) in october and need an accomadation hotel/B&B in the city itself; indeed, we have a gig on the tolbooth the first night.
      we need 1 double room and 2 singles.

somebody has an idea?

tnx

phil

5 Answers Jul 30, 2005 at 5:17 AM
    • lou31's Profile Photo

Shopping in Stirling

by lou31 Online Now Sep 3, 2004 at 5:17 AM

I have planned a holiday in Scotland [ next year ] and have chosen Stirling as a home base. I will be arranging my accomodation with a travel agency [b&b's] but would like some local knowledge on day tours. For example to the Highlands etc. Are there any day trips from Stirling and will it be possible to book when I get there or should I make the arrangements before I leave Australia. Also I saw on the net about a shop in a village somewhere outside Stirling where you could buy hand made woollen clothing. Does this place exist or was I just dreaming about it! I intend to buy some nice woollen garments in Scotland and was wondering about how much I'd pay for say a jumper or scarf etc. from a department store. Thanks in advance. Cheers....................Louise

5 Answers Sep 10, 2004 at 8:06 AM
    • How Much time is needed to tour Stirling Castle?

by AlanCorn Online Now May 1, 2004 at 5:41 AM

I plan on touring Stirling Castle on my way to the Isle of Skye. Since I will be driving to Mallaig to catch the ferry the same day, I am wondering how much time I should reasonably allocate for touring Stirling Castle before continuing on my journey.

9 Answers Jun 8, 2006 at 5:19 AM
    • ringleader's Profile Photo

Boat tours in southeast Scotland

by ringleader Online Now Jul 11, 2003 at 9:59 AM

We'll be bringing our high school handbell choir - a group of 30 - to the Edinburgh area in 2004. Right now we're trying to plan a few days of touring. So far we have a half day in the borders (Jedburgh and Floors Castle), a day and a half in Edinburgh (Castle, Royal Mile, Princes Street, Holyrood), and a day in Stirling. We are wondering if there are any suggestions as to what is nice for a day of touring on a boat. How about it?!

7 Answers Jan 19, 2004 at 8:39 AM