Stevenage Travel Answers

change location

Info for travel to stevenage

by cpanting27 Online Now Jan 27, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Hi all

My gf is visiting her friend in Stevenage next Sat for the day and night, her friend lives there and has for around 7 months.

I'am being a over protective bf and am concerned about my gf's safety.

Please can I ask you to advise me if stevenage is a safe friendly place for 2 women to be and walk around doing some shopping without any hassle

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Info for travel to stevenage

by leics Online Now Jan 27, 2012 at 10:16 AM

You are indeed being overprotective, imo.

Stevenage is the UK. Although I have only been there briefly I *really* cannot imagine that it is 'unsafe' for two women walking around doing their shopping. I can't think of anywhere in the UK which is unsafe in that respect. I think we would hear about on BBC news on a regular basis if such a place existed!

If they are going out on Saturday evening then they need to use exactly the ame comnmon sense as they would (I assume) use when going out anywhere in the UK in the evening: dress sensibly, keep valuables safe, keep eye on drinks, don't get drunk, don't go anywhere with people they don't know, don't walk after dark (especially in the early hours) in dimly-lit or deserted areas alone, don't use unofficial mini-cabs..... Just common sense.

I can assure you that you are worrying *far* too much. I don't know where you are living at the moment but I am sure your girlfriend and her friend are more than capable of looking after themselves.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

by taurean_traveller Online Now Jan 27, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Absolutely and totally agree!!

• goodfish's Profile Photo

by goodfish Online Now Jan 27, 2012 at 12:18 PM

As her friend has lived there for 7 months, I'm sure she would have commented to your girlfriend if there were any concerns about safety. I don't know as two young ladies out for a day of shopping would be hassled in most parts of the world.

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Jan 27, 2012 at 10:02 PM

I know Stevenage quite well, and may I set your mind at rest by suggesting that the biggest risk to your girlfriend's health posed by the town is that she might die of boredom! Dull though it might be, it does however offer some good shopping ...
    If you really need something to worry about, then be concerned about the damage done to her credit card as a result of retail therapy - they'll be fine!
    Regards
    Cathy

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines