Steamboat Springs

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• recommendations please

by susanlevit Online Now Dec 6, 2014 at 8:00 AM

I am going to Steamboat the 2nd week in January and will need to rent skis, boots, poles and helmet. I know if I want convenience I should stick to the mountain, but it's usually more expensive. Maybe not??? Would appreciate some recommendations, as well as some suggestions for restaurants. Also, which is better for transportation from Hayden airport to Steamboat- Alipine vs. Storm Mountain?
      thank you,
      Susan

more
    • recommendations please

by susanlevit Online Now Dec 6, 2014 at 8:00 AM

I am going to Steamboat the 2nd week in January and will need to rent skis, boots, poles and helmet. I know if I want convenience I should stick to the mountain, but it's usually more expensive. Maybe not??? Would appreciate some recommendations, as well as some suggestions for restaurants. Also, which is better for transportation from Hayden airport to Steamboat- Alipine vs. Storm Mountain?
      thank you,
      Susan

• WILDLIFE VIEWING IN STEAMBOAT AREA

by Davidaistin Online Now Aug 10, 2014 at 8:01 PM

What's the best opportunity to see any wildlife if we took a day off from skiiing?
      Any Eagle viewing options?

thanks

• What to wear

by ARW10 Online Now Feb 2, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Help! I'm going to Steamboat first week of March 2014. I will NOT be skiing and have never been to a ski resort. Please tell me what to wear for hanging at lodge, going to town. Will be with a business group. I'm a 50 year old Florida girl that has no idea. Thanks!

2 Answers Oct 28, 2014 at 9:31 AM
    • shopping + eating

by luksn Online Now May 14, 2012 at 4:11 PM

will be coming thru SS in early June on a motorcoach tour. Interested in an area where the senior citizens can shop (walking) and perhaps eat a reasonably priced evening meal.(preferably in the same area. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

• CaptGraham

by captgraham Online Now Nov 6, 2008 at 5:33 PM

In 1969 I graduated from Colorado Alpine College, Stmbt. I worked at a restaurant which was then called The Gallery. They used to have 2x4's lined with plaques with customers mugs hanging fron them. I was one of the original 'Mug Hangers'and would like to know if they still exist? I don'tknow what the restaurant, if it still exsists, would be called now. Hopefully, someone could help me find the answers. I knew Skeeter & Rusty Warner, Sandy Swinehart(sp) and a Bill Gilbert who used to live there, if that's any help.
      Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
      Capt. Doug Graham
      443-336-3237 Cell
      410-437-0696 Bus.

• visiting in October...help??

by pappabearfishing Online Now Jul 27, 2007 at 12:30 PM

What kind of weather can we expect in Steamboat Springs at that time of the year and the surrounding area? Thanks for you help....traveling from Deeeeep in Cajun country...Bon Temps, mon Chez!

1 Answer Aug 2, 2007 at 6:34 PM
    • Where to stay....

by September9th Online Now Dec 6, 2006 at 9:56 AM

Four guys, late 20's, looking for a cool spot to lay our heads at night. We aren't looking for the Ritz Carlton, nor are we looking for a motel. We are thinking either a nice hotel or a condo. We want to do this trip right and by that I mean, a nice place, very convienent to slopes, and walking distance to bars. We would prefer a location with a younger crowd. Any and all recomendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Place to Stay

by Elguapo1980 Online Now Feb 1, 2006 at 8:03 AM

Hello,

My family and I were planning a trip to Steamboat Springs on February 24, and returning on February 27. We live in Fort Collins Colorado. We were wondering if you happen to know of anyone who has a vacation home or a condo and who is willing to make some extra money, by allowing us to stay that weekend.

Thanks for at least checking into it. You can reach me through e-mail or you can call me at 970-490-3054.
      Thank you

2 Answers Feb 6, 2006 at 1:01 PM
    • Skiing Steamboat in late March

by conniefromnc Online Now Jan 14, 2006 at 4:29 PM

I would like a local's opinion on the ski conditions in late March. We usually ski (and fall a lot) in the NC or VA mountains (which I understand is nothing compared to skiing in CO). I am considering booking a ski trip the last week in March, but am concerned that I may arrive and find there will be very few slopes open (specifically the beginner and intermediate). I've looked at the typical temperatures and snow amounts and it doesn't appear its likely, but I'm not sure I am interpreting the difference between "good" and "great" conditions (they may all seem great to me coming from NC where I ski all weekend on two runs that take about 30 seconds to get down). Please provide some advise if you don't mind. Thanks

• karen_mo's Profile Photo

Airline advice

by karen_mo Online Now Sep 27, 2005 at 2:29 PM

Hi there, has anyone got any tips for getting a cheap flight from New York area or Washington to Hayden airport in March? Any suggestions on the best airine/route to take? I can only find flights at around430. We would probably be flying in the week.

Many thanks, karen

5 Answers Sep 1, 2007 at 5:14 AM
    • Shuttle Service

by massiekj Online Now Dec 21, 2004 at 6:28 PM

Hi. My ten year old and I fly into Hayden on January 12th. We'll need a shuttle to BW Ptarmigan Inn. Alpine Taxi is usually recommended, but on the return to the airport Monday morning, they want to pick us up at 5:30 AM for an 8:20 AM flight. Seems kind of early. Storm Mountain will pick us up about 6:15 AM. My question is twofold: Is 6:15 AM from BW Ptarmigan enough time? And is Storm Mountain a good shuttle choice? Thanks!!! keith

1 Answer Dec 21, 2005 at 10:53 AM