Stavanger Travel Answers

change location
cheeleongs's Profile Photo

From Lysebotn to Oygardsttol

by cheeleongs Online Now May 28, 2010 at 4:55 AM

Hi all,

I am going to hike Kjerag this coming August, but i am having a hard time to work out an itinerary. Please advise me.

I would love to take a ferry from stavanger to Lysebotn and then take a bus/taxi up to Oygardsttol(starting point of Kjerag). However, from what i know in a travel book, the road from Lysebotn to Oygardsttol is roughly 7Km. Is it true? is it possible to hike from Lysebotn to Kjerag without any transportation?

Thanks in advance! your helps would definitely make my exploration in Norway more exciting. Thanks

Thanks and regards,
Chee Leong

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • evaanna's Profile Photo

Re: From Lysebotn to Oygardsttol

by evaanna Online Now May 29, 2010 at 10:31 AM

I don't think you will be able to walk up along the main road to Kjerag. There is quite a long tunnel along it quite close to Lysebotn. But I think it may be possible to get there along a different route in the mountains, except that you will need a guide for that. Find out the details from the campsite at Lysebotn. When we were sitting in the harbour a man approached us, asking if we were waiting for a walk to the mountains. He must have been a guide, looking for work.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines