State of Yap Travel Answers

change location
Jerry.N's Profile Photo

How to get to Yap island ?

by Jerry.N Online Now Jul 25, 2003 at 6:45 AM

May I ask ? How to get the cheapest (best:-) way to Yap island ? From Europe to Manila or other side to Hawaii and then Yap ? By Air or Ships ? How much cost the ticket from Manila or Hawaii ? I'll be hapy for any information. Thanx lot. Jerry

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • AyurinHiro's Profile Photo

Re: How to get to Yap island ?

by AyurinHiro Online Now Jul 25, 2003 at 7:57 AM

Hi! I think, flying from Guam is the easiest way. (I'm not sure if it is the cheapest way,though...) Are you going to Yap soon?? I've never been there ,but I hear it has very beautiful ocean Have a good time Ayurin

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • thelittlevoice's Profile Photo

Re: Re: How to get to Yap island ?

by thelittlevoice Online Now Jul 25, 2003 at 8:46 AM

just add myself to this conversation cuz i wanna know the answer too

• Re: How to get to Yap island ?

by tangaloa Online Now Jul 28, 2003 at 3:02 AM

Hello! I was in teh FSM, including Yap in september 2001 and the only way to go there was with Continental Airlines via Guam or Manila. There was a weekly Air Nauru flight, but the only plane was grounded in Australia, so it seems they are not very reliable. The transport prices in Micronesia are generally generally hight, comared to other pacific destinations, because ot Continentals de facto monopol on that routes. But check it!

• Re: Re: How to get to Yap island ?

by tangaloa Online Now Jul 28, 2003 at 3:05 AM

Hello! See my posting for flights to Yap !!! You can contact me if you have more questions !

• Cheapest way to Yap

by Yapese Online Now Jun 19, 2004 at 5:58 PM

It is sometimes cheaper to bypass Hawaii going to Yap. I'm going to Yap in August from Texas to visit family and the only way I can pay a cheaper rate is to go throught Tokoyo. My ticket only cost me1,800.00 (Airline ticket plus hotel room. I will be staying at a new called Trader's Ridge Hotel. Probably the best time to see Yap and the culture is in March, March 1st is considered Yap day. It's a great place to visit hope to see you there:-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular State of Yap Travel Answer Locations