Be the First to Answer

• Where can I go sailing in Albany

Albany 11 hours ago

Who can take me sailing in Albany?

more
    • LarryN3's Profile Photo

accomodations in Perth, airport or downtown

Perth Dec 15, 2014 at 10:36 AM

I will be arriving Perth on sunday night May 3 around 1130pm. Can anyone give any idea where to stay close to airport or possibly going downtown this late at night. All answers would be welcome and appreciated.

more
    • Exchanging GBP for AUD

Perth Nov 26, 2014 at 6:19 AM

Hi guys,
      I am planning on visiting Australia for the first time in Jan next year and I need some advice on where to exchange some sterling for some dollars.

Generally I have been told and actually have experienced that you get a better buying rate of the local currency when buying locally in the country you are visiting.
      Is this still the case for Aus? Currently you get around 1.7 dollars for a pound here in the UK.
      Can anyone give a rough idea of what the exchange rate in Aus is?

Also do the foreign exchange bureaus accept travellers cheques?

I have looked into using a credit card or debit card but there are usage fees and non-sterling fees which i am trying to avoid.

Thanks in advance!

more
    • 7 Day Stay in Perth

Perth Dec 4, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Hi! I'm a Singaporean girl, 21 years old, going to Perth in January 2015 with two friends. I'm wondering how much I should budget for a week's holiday?

Accommodation is accounted for as I'll be staying with a family friend. We are planning to go to Fremantle, Caversham Wildlife Park, Hillary's Boat Harbour, Watertown Brand Outlet Centre, London Courts, Cottlesloe and Coogee Beach. At least, that's the items on our list now but it's open to change!

I don't plan on doing much shopping apart from token souvenirs here and there, and I'm not too big a spender on food... I've been told by a close friend who lives in Perth that I have to budget around $25 for a meal there, is that true? It's my first time travelling with people who aren't family so I'm a bit lost, sorry!

Please advise! Thank you!:)

more
    • Local guides in Kalbarri?

Kalbarri Dec 5, 2014 at 7:14 PM

If I have all the required permits from DPAW and the Museum of WA, are there any local guides who can help me reach the Zuytdorp wreck site from the NW Highway and down the Vermin Proof Fence?
      I can probably do it fine alone, but some local knowledge is always good.
      (I can't go via the Murchison House Station property in January because they're mustering)
      Thanks

more

Popular State of Western Australia Travel Answer Locations

• LarryN3's Profile Photo

accomodations in Perth, airport or downtown

Perth Dec 15, 2014 at 10:36 AM

I will be arriving Perth on sunday night May 3 around 1130pm. Can anyone give any idea where to stay close to airport or possibly going downtown this late at night. All answers would be welcome and appreciated.

3 Answers Dec 16, 2014 at 2:47 AM
    • Local guides in Kalbarri?

Kalbarri Dec 5, 2014 at 7:14 PM

If I have all the required permits from DPAW and the Museum of WA, are there any local guides who can help me reach the Zuytdorp wreck site from the NW Highway and down the Vermin Proof Fence?
      I can probably do it fine alone, but some local knowledge is always good.
      (I can't go via the Murchison House Station property in January because they're mustering)
      Thanks

7 Answers Dec 18, 2014 at 9:33 PM
    • 7 Day Stay in Perth

Perth Dec 4, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Hi! I'm a Singaporean girl, 21 years old, going to Perth in January 2015 with two friends. I'm wondering how much I should budget for a week's holiday?

Accommodation is accounted for as I'll be staying with a family friend. We are planning to go to Fremantle, Caversham Wildlife Park, Hillary's Boat Harbour, Watertown Brand Outlet Centre, London Courts, Cottlesloe and Coogee Beach. At least, that's the items on our list now but it's open to change!

I don't plan on doing much shopping apart from token souvenirs here and there, and I'm not too big a spender on food... I've been told by a close friend who lives in Perth that I have to budget around $25 for a meal there, is that true? It's my first time travelling with people who aren't family so I'm a bit lost, sorry!

Please advise! Thank you!:)

4 Answers Dec 5, 2014 at 1:41 AM
    • Exchanging GBP for AUD

Perth Nov 26, 2014 at 6:19 AM

Hi guys,
      I am planning on visiting Australia for the first time in Jan next year and I need some advice on where to exchange some sterling for some dollars.

Generally I have been told and actually have experienced that you get a better buying rate of the local currency when buying locally in the country you are visiting.
      Is this still the case for Aus? Currently you get around 1.7 dollars for a pound here in the UK.
      Can anyone give a rough idea of what the exchange rate in Aus is?

Also do the foreign exchange bureaus accept travellers cheques?

I have looked into using a credit card or debit card but there are usage fees and non-sterling fees which i am trying to avoid.

Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Dec 3, 2014 at 12:45 AM
    • Two rocks events

Two Rocks Oct 26, 2014 at 8:03 AM

We will be in Two Rocks mid Nov, 15-21. Any special events there or nearby?

1 Answer Oct 26, 2014 at 3:05 PM
    • Ordering beers and other liquors in pub/restaurants with outside seating

Perth Oct 9, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Do the waiters come to ask you what you want to order whilst sitting outside or you need to go to the bar inside and order a beer there ?

3 Answers Oct 19, 2014 at 6:27 PM
    • HYEAM's Profile Photo

West Australia Tour; 11-Oct > 1 Nov 2014 My invite to get in touch

Perth Sep 29, 2014 at 5:43 AM

How many interesting people do you meet on your journey? What did they have to say?

Im preparing my visit to Australia. West Australia to be precise. Touring between Albany and Darwin. My simple goal; to see the country and meet people that I don't know, sharing experiences, stories as I will share mine.

Interested to meet me? Invite you to drop me a line.

I expect nothing, everthing is possible.

Who I am? My Sound Bites of Life;

Peace Ambassador, Dual culture, East/West, Yin-Yang, sometimes not, holistic viewer, open minded, simplicity-is-quality lover, global thinker, local buyer, art-addict, speak different languages, dad, quantum-astrofysihobbist, synthetic biology interested, sharing ideas, creative soul, musically opinionated, cooks tasty, movie maker, image creator, world-curious, digital mind, analogue heart, enjoying life, but have no clue about it, (do you..?) help others, believe in balance, like people, work on awareness, learn every day by doing, play with time and light, follow my hart & my loves; Simone and Jade, married for fourteen years and going, drinking green tea (or hot water is also ok) eating mostly veggies, respect and [heart] our amazing planet.

5 Answers Sep 30, 2014 at 3:19 AM
    • What's The Best Tourist Spot in Australia You Can Recommend?

State of Western Australia Sep 26, 2014 at 1:35 AM

Hi there, this is Angel and I am a newbie in this forum. I was thinking to visit Australia this upcoming November. Any best place you could recommend? I am looking for an one week accommodation.

5 Answers Sep 26, 2014 at 8:41 PM
    • Recommended Itineraries for Family vacation

Perth Sep 21, 2014 at 10:24 PM

Hi,

My name Suria, I would like to ask for recommendation of itineraries - short family vacay for 8 days 7 nights, total 9 people -7 adults,2 kids.

We will be going on the early April,2015

The required info:
      1. Recommendation of Places to go - with budget expenses
      2. Accommodation
      3. Planning schedule for each day
      4. Transportation
      5. What should we bring?

Kindly advice with minimum budget expenses. We still want to have fun and enjoy a great vacation but we want to spend wisely.

10 Answers Oct 2, 2014 at 6:02 AM
    • bar with djs

Kalgoorlie Sep 7, 2014 at 4:35 AM

do any of the bars hav djs playin the music = ]

1 Answer Sep 7, 2014 at 6:24 AM
    • 9 Days 8 nights - Western Australia

Perth Aug 27, 2014 at 2:30 AM

Hi, I am travelling in Oct with two toddlers age 1 and 3. My plans is to rent a car at Perth airport and travel as follows:
      1) a night at bunburry - visit bunbury wildlife. Is it worth going?
      2) two nights at Mageret river
      3) travel to busselton - visit the jetty
      4)Visit Penguin island then travel to swan valley for a night
      5) rest of the days in perth city, return car.

Questions -
      a) Is the itineary covers most of the interesting places?
      b) Am i missing any of the farm stay? Cos the usual farm stays require 2 nights but most of my places I am staying only for one night, except for MR, but I thought of staying at an apartment in MR instead.
      c) read through the forum, no one mentioned about penguin island, is it worth going?
      d) In perth city i will go public, staying around St George, is the public transport nearby and accessible to the places of interest in the city?

Any other suggestions or comments on my plan is most welcome. Hope to hear some ideas. Thanks.

10 Answers Oct 25, 2014 at 11:23 PM
    • Budget to Perth for 3 weeks

Perth Aug 22, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Is AUD 200 enough for a 3 weeks trip in Perth, excluded accomodation and foods? Basically spending more on taking public transport and sightseeing. Shopping maybe as long as its selling with a reasonable price. 

6 Answers Aug 23, 2014 at 4:14 PM
    • old car n war relics? around kalbarri you can visit / look at VF Zoe

Kalbarri Aug 19, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Can you tell me if it is around kalbarri the old war relics n cars etc? Someone's farm you can go and look at?

1 Answer Aug 19, 2014 at 6:25 PM
    • What and how much for a 3 weeks holiday in Perth

Perth Aug 19, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Well, i am going to perth for 3 weeks in this mid of September. I am staying over at my aunt's house. Basically accomodation and food are not a problem, but i am just wondering how much do I need to spend on shopping and visiting places?? Any suggestion on a "must go" places?

3 Answers Aug 19, 2014 at 2:46 PM
    • From Perth Airport to Bunbury

Bunbury Aug 15, 2014 at 4:20 AM

Hi There, I am flying in from Melbourne to Perth on Tuesday at 5.05pm. What is the best way to get from the airport back to Bunbury?? Any suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks
      Heather

• Relocating

Mandurah Aug 14, 2014 at 12:37 AM

Hi all, I am considering relocating to WA from Scotland with my young family. Would Mandurah be a good place to live and bring up my children? plenty of sports and activitys for them? and school for my 5 year old boy plus nursery for my baby girl?

3 Answers Aug 14, 2014 at 4:09 AM
    • Christmas Shop

Northam Aug 12, 2014 at 7:35 AM

Do you have the Xmas decoration shop in Northam?

• Need travel tips

Perth Aug 5, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Hi, I will be visiting Perth in mid September with 3 kids ( 5 yrs, 4 yrs & 9 month) .My parents and siblings will also be following.

We are renting car and staying in Perth city. The stay will be 4 days and will be arriving early morning 1am.

I need traveling tips for 4 days .

Thanks.

• Bernd_L's Profile Photo

Visiting the pinnacles - 4WD needed?

Perth Aug 1, 2014 at 5:05 AM

We are planning a trip around Australia in January. We would like to see the pinnacles in Nambung NP and wonder if we need a 4WD vehicles in the park. So far I've read different advises. One tour guide even said that the road between Lancelin and the Nambung NP is for 4WDs only.

6 Answers Aug 5, 2014 at 5:52 AM
    • 8D/7N Itinernary to share suitable for 2A&2C

Perth Aug 1, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Dear all,
      Really appreciate your help urgently very much as we are going planning a very last minute family trip to Perth next week. Therefore, would appreciate members here to help out with the itinernary.
      Day 1 : Arriving at 6am in the morning, collect rental car for the whole trip at the airport
      Considering between below 2 apartment, please give some comment
      1) http://www.verandahapartments.com.au/
      2) http://www.mounts-bay.com.au/#2 (Sadly, seems like no wifi for this)
      Places which I roughly google that interest me & my kids (age 6 & 4) :-
      1) Fremantle market (open only on fri/sat & sun)
      2) Harbour Town Shopping (friday 9am-9pm)
      3) Kings Park Botanic Gardens
      4) Caversham Wildlife
      5) Nambung National Park - Interested to join day tour to Pinnacles, Koalas and Sand Boarding 4WD Adventure, but not sure whether suitable for my young children
      6) Swan River (Have not google what to do there)
      7) Margaret River (might stay 2 nights here, but have not google about it) - Any recommendation on the places of interest and accomodation?
      8) Any farm stay to recommend, but not confirm I will go for that cos kiddos and me both quite afraid of animals... hahaha....
      9) Yanchep National Park to see the kangaroos and koalas?
      Can someone help to link up my initernary please?
      Really appreciate it very much :)
      Thanks In Advance!!
      Super stressful now, therefore, really appreciate all your help so much :)

7 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 5:14 PM
    • any activity for kids in margaret river?

Margaret River Jul 28, 2014 at 6:06 AM

any activities that is suitable for 3-5yrs old kids in Margaret river?

2 Answers Aug 6, 2014 at 4:02 AM
    • water sports

Monkey Mia Jul 27, 2014 at 11:49 PM

We were hoping there is a jet ski area somewhere close to Monkey Mia,.
      Cheers
      sharnee

1 Answer Jul 28, 2014 at 12:26 AM
    • Kalbarri - best canoing trip for family with 5 year old

Kalbarri Jul 20, 2014 at 10:12 PM

what is the best canoe trip for taking a 5 year old. ideally i would like to go through the gorge. can anyone recommend a company?? a day trip would be out of the question
      xx

1 Answer Aug 6, 2014 at 9:03 PM
    • driving from kalbarri for day trip to see dolphins and....?? best things to do??

Monkey Mia Jul 20, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Hi all
      we are staying in Kalbarri and are getting up v early to travel to monkey mia this week to take my 5 year old to see the dolphins. what would you recommend as the best family things to do during our day and best family friendly eats.
      I am interested in maybe doing a glass bottom boat tour over a reef or other boat trip ?
      advice please

• visiting during winter season

Cottesloe Jul 19, 2014 at 3:19 AM

hi, im hanna
      I'll be travelling to perth this end of july with my family.
      since this will be my first time visiting, im just wondering what it's like at cottesloe beach in the winter? what kind of activities that i can do?

2 Answers Jul 20, 2014 at 11:12 PM
    • Advice for traveling in WA

Exmouth Jul 5, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Hi everyone,
      My husband and I are from England and beginning in September we are starting a round the world trip for 3 months to celebrate my 70th birthday.
      As part of the trip we are traveling in WA for 5 weeks hiring a camper van for that period.
      Our intention is to travel from Perth to Exmouth and back. From what I have read the West coast is not highly populated and I was wondering about buying petrol and the towns where we can buy it, wouldn't want to run out that would be a nightmare.
      Also what are the best places to stock up on food and supplies.
      Should we book our campsites before we go or will this not be a problem booking as we go.
      We pick up the van on the 29th October for 5 weeks.
      Our main interests are snorkeling and walking.
      Oh we are not allowed to take our campervan off unsealed roads but would love to get some walking in the national parks.
      Any advice and suggestions for our trip would be highly appreciated.
      Jean

4 Answers Jul 5, 2014 at 11:43 PM
    • Seakayaking

Geraldton Jun 24, 2014 at 12:54 PM

is there anywhere to learn sea kayaking nr Geraldton?

• How to get to the island in the afternoon

Rottnest Island Jun 18, 2014 at 3:15 PM

How to get to the island after 4pm? My flight delayed!

1 Answer Jun 18, 2014 at 10:06 PM
    • How to get to the island in the afternoon

Rottnest Island Jun 18, 2014 at 3:14 PM

How to get to the island after 4pm? My flight delayed!

2 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 4:15 AM
    • alyssakoi's Profile Photo

Recommendation intinerary in Perth

Perth Jun 16, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Hi,

Am planning a 6 days honeymoon trip in Perth this coming October. Would like to get some advice from all for my itinerary below.

1. Day 1: Reach Perth airport on the Saturday at 3pm. Plan to get taxi and straight down to Fremantle. 2. Day 2: Visit Sunday market in Fremantle. Any other activities to suggest? 3. Day 3: Will get a car and travel to Pinnacles and for sand boarding. Then to city of Perth. 4. Day 4: Perth Zoo
      5. Day 5: Swan Valley
      6. Day 6: Kings Park. Will take 4.25pm flight back to Kuala Lumpur.

Would appreciate your advice on the itinerary and also the transportation options for us to travel from the city to Perth Zoo, Swan Valley & Kings Park.

Thanks a lot!

Alyssa

6 Answers Jun 18, 2014 at 4:20 AM