State of Western Australia Travel Answers

change location

Any suggestions

by Moetdog Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 3:41 AM

Flying to Perth mid April till mid June with husband. We have hired an Around Australia Motor Home ( hope they are good). We are heading south then north ending in Darwin. Asking for any suggestions of places to stay, visit, or avoid etc. Our interests are fishing, shopping, markets, horse riding,we will have push bikes with us, sight seeing, etc Any info will be handy. TIA

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Mikebb's Profile Photo

Re: Any suggestions

by Mikebb Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 3:56 AM

Heading south after a few days in Perth., I suggest you stop for a few days in mandurah only 60km south of Perth on the coast, has a wonderfull inlet 100 square km, great fishing at Dawesville cut etc. Then drive south to Bunbury, stop, then Busselton and Margret River wine district, Continue south to places like Walpole , Denmark and Albany which has a beautiful harbour, 2nd only to Sydney harbour, plenty of history around Albany, waleing station, great fishing , beware of rock fishing as there are king waves.

Then head to Esperance ( coast) then up to Kalgoorlie ( gold mining).

Check these locations on VT, i have some on my pages.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • wise23girl's Profile Photo

by wise23girl Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 12:55 PM

If you check out our group page
    "Official VirtualTourist Australian Local Chapter" - The_Downunder_Mob's Profile
    you will find lots of useful info on Australia.....take a bit of time and explore the sections...WA is covered too.
    Marg from Australia

• iandsmith's Profile Photo

by iandsmith Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Things I found interesting and worthwhile were the WOW tour (I think at Walpole), Albany Whale museum, the Blowholes north of Carnarvon and the one place you MUST see - Karijini NP. There are problems of course because you'll have a hire vehicle and they'll preclude travelling on dirt I suspect, otherwise I'd have recommended other places as well. Cheers, Ian

• Re: Any suggestions

by montvillegrove Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 6:31 AM

Albany, Walpole, Denmark are in a beautiful part of WA. Wineries, beautiful coastline and hinterland, Albany growers' market, treetop walk at Walpole.

• peeanno's Profile Photo

by peeanno Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 4:23 AM

Denmark in the south of WA is a beautiful spot, fishing, sightseeing and shopping too. We stayed at Rivermouth caravan Park and plan to return here. And an absolute must is a meal from the Denmark Tavern - 5 star meals, large servings, don't miss it!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular State of Western Australia Travel Answer Locations