Is the gaol open on Sundays in July for any purpose?
Do you have any children's playgrounds in town
Hi! Can you suggest an itinerary for 3 days in March in Melbourne? I am not that keen in museums or art galleries. I like natural places of beauty, and of course nightlife!
Hi will be in melbourne for 5 days in fen have been a few times done the city etc. but this time driving to geelong and queens cliff then ferry to sorrento was wondering what places are worth going to on way from sorrento to hawthorn saw rose bud and Martha's cove on internet but don't know much about them. We like walking around small towns sight seeing etc. thanks
anyone got any suggestions for wet weather activities with kids in Lorne
I need a cheap solution to travel from the airport to the Mercure Hotel in Albert Park. My work pays for conference attendance but I need to fork out the travel expenses. thanks
which is the most popular area to stay as we are planing to come for 4 days
We are a young married couple, just got granted the PR, and we will be arriving to Melbourne on the 28th 05:30 am , anyone has any idea where can we stay easily without moving too much with our luggage?
We will be travelling to Melbourne in May 2014 and would like to take on a photography tours to the Great Ocean Road, 12 Apostles.
Can anyone recommend a good one ?
I'm coming to melbourne this june.
I will stay a night at Lorne after a day on GOR.
The next day, I'm planning to take a ferry to Mornington and drive to Phillip Island.
Hoping to catch the penguin parade. My question is, should I spend a night at Phillip Island or is there a nice place to stay nearby as the accomodation cost is quite high?
Hi- I will be Melbourne from May 2 to 6. Looking for a traveling buddy. Vegetarians/ vegans preferred.
I am 32, from Singapore.
I am hoping to see the great ocean road, trek, cycle and meet new friends to hang out.
Drop me am email if you are keen. We may be able to work something :)
we traveled from Brisbaine to Melboure. we can sure that we did pass some toll highway.
but how can we check and pay the total amount of toll before they send the toll invoice.
we have 6 pax in group. which transport best for us to travel to city from airport?
There is a tiny little shop a little behind the surf outlets .. It is possibly a secondhand dealer - but of more funky alternative stuff .. It's around the corner from the sushi shop - anyone know what it's called ?
I'm undecided whether to hire a car for our 5 day stay on Phillip Island. I'm starting to think this may be the best option as the island looks quite big, with attractions quite spread out. I'm not certain how convenient the bus services are on the island. Does anyone have any advice??
hi from South Aus., I would like to use the free tram to get around the centre of Melbourne and also visit Harbour Town, is the tram easily recognisable? Does the route always go to Harbour Town or only certain ones?
visiting 5 days in March; using public transportation; any advice on additions, corrections, appreciated! [yes] [yes] [yes]
1. cycling paths, Merri Creek Trail in northern suburbs, Yarra Trail by Yarra River east of city, Bike Share Scheme free if returned within 30 min. See www.melbournebikeshare.com.au. 2. street art, Hosier Lane cobbled pedestrian lane city centre by Flinders Street, Centre Place (btwn Flinders Lane & Collins Street), Canada Lane in Carlton, just north of city centre. 3. Royal Botanic Gardens on Birdwood Avenue, South Yarra, Shrine of Remembrance 4. Lentil as Anything, guests "contribute" what they feel their meal is worth, original restaurant at Abbotsford Convent, historic buildings & gardens transformed into cultural & learning centre, lentilasanything.com 5. Queen Victoria Market, 513 Elizabeth Street, City. Closed Mon, Wed, holidays. www.qvm.com.au 6. Federation Square, city centre, free events, such as live music and dance performances, free Wi-Fi, Australian Centre for the Moving Image 7. Grainger Museum, Univ of Melbourne, Gate 13, Royal Parade, Parkville. Open Tue-Fri, Sun, 1P-4.30P 8. City Circle Tram, circles city centre, passing attractions, incl. Flinders Street Station & Docklands 9. bus or ferry fare: St Kilda beach, city views, sunsets, Brighton colorful bathing boxes. 10. Fitzroy Gardens, SE edge city centre, picnics, weddings, ornamental lake, rotunda, band pavilion, possums, lorikeets, flying foxes, Cooks' Cottage
11. State Library of Victoria, reading rooms Monday-Thursday: 10A–9P; Friday to Sunday: 10A–6P
12. National Gallery of Victoria International, St Kilda Road, The Ian Potter Centre: NGV Australia at Federation Square, The Arts Centre, all within short stroll
13. Old Treasury Building Museum, Spring Street
14. ACCA, Australian Centre for Contemporary Art 111 Sturt Street, Southbank
15. Yarra River Art: outdoor contemporary art gallery, sculpture, paintings, architecture, 'soundscape'
17. Footscray: Vietnamese-Ethiopian-Somalian-Sudanese presence.
a. biggest urban shopping mall-center?
b. urban street or mall popular with teens?
c. same for young adults
d. same for those showing off their taste in fashion
Which hotel, motel or serviced apartment would you suggest that is close to the Corio Leisure Centre at Anakie Road? If possible, by walking or public transport? Thanks.
Which airline is the most economical for a London - Melbourne flight?
Hi We are 2 females who want to take 3 days/ 2 nights for the GOR from Melbourne to Adelaide in May. Id appreciate advice on:
Would it be better (cheaper and worthwhile) to hire a campervan (I hear Britz are good) and camp than to hire a car?
Where would it be best to stop over? Which towns or good camping sites/ backpackers?
What highlights would you suggest given our limited time? We enjoy swimming and non-extreme hiking.
We're on a tight budget and the SA rand/ AUD isn't so good for us - so any other advice would be helpful.
Good evening, I have looked at the public transport website and there appear to be about 5 changes of bus required. It will be the march public holiday monday and I would like to travel either late morning or early afternoon. Will all these changes really be necessary, my friends in Bayswater would certainly drive me to a more convenient station if necessary. I don,t know Bayswater at all.
I just arrived in Melbourne and that's why I'm looking for people to get to know and spend time with exploring the city. I'm 24 years old and from Berlin, Germany. I would be really happy to find someone who's eager to meet new people and/or spend some time.
Thank you for your replies
Back in the eighties we went to the Grampians and followed a crowd of people to a rock formation which arched outwards from the cliff face. Seen side on there was little to support the outer end and it was a daring lad who I saw walk right out onto it.
I thought it was called The Devil's Causeway but can find no trace of it on line.
Can any one help me as I want to tell a friend about it?
Hi, I am going to be in Melbourne for a few days next February and am looking for a quite cafe or a bar somewhere in the CBD.
I know Melbourne, but have not been for a number of years.
HI ! I'm in Melbourne for two weeks and i would like to find someone to meet with and who's eager to show me around the city or is in melbourne right now and would like to visit the city and its surroundings with me.
Thank you for your replies :-)
was the Lylac nightclub in an old church building in Geelong
When i was traveling in Australia 9 years ago bin 2004, i got a 150$ fine for having no ticket in the public transportation in Melbourne.
I am planning on going back to Australia soon, and i was wondering if anyone here knows if i could have a problem getting into the country because of that?
Is there an expiration date on these fines? maybe after 10 years?
Thank you in advance..
How far is the beach from the righton Metro Station ?
Been at a park some time ago, and birds come and feed off your hands (Rosella's etc...), and it's not Healesville sanctuary, does anyone know where this could be?
we are coming by train to geelong for the day on weds 13 nov. Any suggestions where we can walk? is there a jump on jump off bus? interesting sites with in reasonable distance from railway station?