State of Victoria

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• uk to melbourne

Melbourne Mar 18, 2015 at 1:53 PM

Hi there Im 33 and my husband is 36 we have an 11 year old son his 12 September can anybody tell me what year he will be in for Feb 2016? I'm confused thankyou..
      Also I've been looking at the areas my husband will be working in the CBD and doesnt wanna commute no more than 30 mins but I want to.be walking distance to a good school I've been looking at camberwell hawthorn, carton does any body have views of the schools or areas? They all seem so lovely and the schools all look good to.. Help :)
      Also ideally I'd like a house to rent with a garden in not sure this effects the areas.. And my budget would be $2500 a month max 2/3 bedrooms is this possible am I looking at more money? Or less?
      Thankyou so much clare ;)

more
    • Driving in Febuary

Melbourne Mar 27, 2015 at 12:38 AM

I am planning to come to Melbourne next Febuary and hire car for around 10 days......I have noted from the weather reports that there may be one or two days of very hot weather...also there may be one or two days of torrential rain and flooding.......Any views on this for the greater Melbourne area,is the flooding as bad as it appears in reports and if so..any areas to be avoided?

Thanks Geoff

Hong Kong

more
    • Melbourne (after a business trip)

Melbourne Mar 19, 2015 at 5:44 AM

Hi there,

I'm thinking of visiting Melbourne after a business trip in Sydney. But I'm still indecisive on whether or not to stay in Sydney, head to Brisbane or Melbourne. I would like to get a few ideas of what Melbourne has to offer (comparing to other cities in Australia).

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Regards,
      Tum, from Thailand

more
    • A place to stay near Melbourne Cricket Ground

Melbourne Mar 12, 2015 at 4:56 AM

Hi Guys, Can you suggest or lead me to find a decent place to stay near the World Cup Cricket venue?
      My budget is 40 - 60 AUD. Thanks for your time.

more
    • Planning a DIY trip from Melbourne CBD to the Dandenongs

Belgrave Mar 5, 2015 at 4:39 PM

Hi! I would really love to plan a day trip to Dandenongs but using public transportation. From Melbourne CBD, I will take the train to Belgrave and then ride the Puffing Billy.

Any help in where I should get off or back on if I was interested in also checking out:
      - Sherbrooke Forest Walk (doesn't have to be the entire thing but a portion of it)
      - check out a town, walk around and try some Devonshire tea
      - how to head back to Melbourne CBD easiest/cheapest without having to backtrack everything?

A step by step complete with the rides I need to catch would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!! I know that tour operators offer this but if there is an option to do it on my own I always enjoy to do so.

If I get of the Puffing Billy at one stop to look around can I get back on it and continue on to the end of the line? Or does that mean another ticket?

Thank you!!

more
    • Driving in Febuary

Melbourne Mar 27, 2015 at 12:38 AM

I am planning to come to Melbourne next Febuary and hire car for around 10 days......I have noted from the weather reports that there may be one or two days of very hot weather...also there may be one or two days of torrential rain and flooding.......Any views on this for the greater Melbourne area,is the flooding as bad as it appears in reports and if so..any areas to be avoided?

Thanks Geoff

Hong Kong

8 Answers Mar 28, 2015 at 6:46 PM
    • Melbourne (after a business trip)

Melbourne Mar 19, 2015 at 5:44 AM

Hi there,

I'm thinking of visiting Melbourne after a business trip in Sydney. But I'm still indecisive on whether or not to stay in Sydney, head to Brisbane or Melbourne. I would like to get a few ideas of what Melbourne has to offer (comparing to other cities in Australia).

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Regards,
      Tum, from Thailand

8 Answers Mar 25, 2015 at 6:32 AM
    • uk to melbourne

Melbourne Mar 18, 2015 at 1:53 PM

Hi there Im 33 and my husband is 36 we have an 11 year old son his 12 September can anybody tell me what year he will be in for Feb 2016? I'm confused thankyou..
      Also I've been looking at the areas my husband will be working in the CBD and doesnt wanna commute no more than 30 mins but I want to.be walking distance to a good school I've been looking at camberwell hawthorn, carton does any body have views of the schools or areas? They all seem so lovely and the schools all look good to.. Help :)
      Also ideally I'd like a house to rent with a garden in not sure this effects the areas.. And my budget would be $2500 a month max 2/3 bedrooms is this possible am I looking at more money? Or less?
      Thankyou so much clare ;)

5 Answers Mar 18, 2015 at 4:43 PM
    • A place to stay near Melbourne Cricket Ground

Melbourne Mar 12, 2015 at 4:56 AM

Hi Guys, Can you suggest or lead me to find a decent place to stay near the World Cup Cricket venue?
      My budget is 40 - 60 AUD. Thanks for your time.

8 Answers Mar 13, 2015 at 10:10 PM
    • Planning a DIY trip from Melbourne CBD to the Dandenongs

Belgrave Mar 5, 2015 at 4:39 PM

Hi! I would really love to plan a day trip to Dandenongs but using public transportation. From Melbourne CBD, I will take the train to Belgrave and then ride the Puffing Billy.

Any help in where I should get off or back on if I was interested in also checking out:
      - Sherbrooke Forest Walk (doesn't have to be the entire thing but a portion of it)
      - check out a town, walk around and try some Devonshire tea
      - how to head back to Melbourne CBD easiest/cheapest without having to backtrack everything?

A step by step complete with the rides I need to catch would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!! I know that tour operators offer this but if there is an option to do it on my own I always enjoy to do so.

If I get of the Puffing Billy at one stop to look around can I get back on it and continue on to the end of the line? Or does that mean another ticket?

Thank you!!

8 Answers Mar 8, 2015 at 7:35 AM
    • Holiday in Melbourne

Melbourne Feb 5, 2015 at 12:16 PM

I need to know...average cost per day for a couple in Melbourne for food and accommodation

4 Answers Feb 22, 2015 at 12:54 AM
    • Aussie rules

Melbourne Jan 18, 2015 at 3:56 AM

Hi I will be in melbourne from 9th to 15th feb was wondering if any games on like pre nab cup warm ups. I know season is later starting this year cause of the cricket. But wouldn't mind catching a game even if it was a vfl game. Coming from scotland. Thanks. Used to stay in hawthorn when I was younger so was brought up playing footy Still watch it every week on TV here and follow it online

2 Answers Jan 18, 2015 at 4:18 AM
    • Different towns

Melbourne Jan 18, 2015 at 3:47 AM

Hi have been on before we are going to be in melbourne for 6 days in feb Initial plans were going to geelong overnight then getting ferry to queens liff coming back to hawthorn via rose bud and mornington peninsula then onto hawthorn as I stayed there when I was younger. Have done ocean rd on previous trips. But was wondering if it would be better going from geelong to yarraville then on to toorak village then brighton. before hawthorn also never stopped in pahran If I stuck to origional route. Are yarraville toorak village. Brighton and pahran worth going to see. On another day. We like wandering around small towns and shopping or sitting with a coffee and watch the world go by will be doing ferry to williamstown on another day. Thanks for any advise I get

6 Answers Jan 28, 2015 at 2:45 AM
    • Geelong or sorrento and rosebud

Melbourne Jan 5, 2015 at 1:01 PM

We are going to be in melbourne for 6 days before heading to perth we arrive in geelong mid afternoon and was going to stay the night there then go by ferry to sorrento next day. Then drive back to city. Was wondering if we should stay 2 nights there and not go to sorrento is there a lot to do around geelong and surrounding area. Have done ocean rd previously. This will be in feb. Thanks

1 Answer Jan 5, 2015 at 2:42 PM
    • South or North of Wilsons Prom

Wilsons Promontory National Park Dec 28, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Looking for recommendations for a suitable circuit over night hike at Wilsons Prom form End --dec-early Jan. (circuit so to access car at the end again)
      Im planning this for my daughter 16years and myself.
      we have both done short over night hikes separately - but never one together.
      Would love recommendations for good hikes that incorporate beach and not too many hills, and wind protection in the camp sites.
      ps: -Im not the fittest at the moment, but my daughter is :) so a moderate hike at the max.
      Rosey

2 Answers Jan 7, 2015 at 8:37 PM
    • weather pattern

Lakes Entrance Oct 1, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Does lakes entrances have as many cold changes as melbourne

1 Answer Oct 3, 2014 at 3:40 AM
    • Michaeltyt's Profile Photo

How will the weather be in mid to late December?

Melbourne Sep 29, 2014 at 1:32 AM

How will the weather be in mid to late December in Melbourne?

6 Answers Dec 7, 2014 at 8:01 PM
    • Melbourne Accomodation - Southbank or CBD?

Melbourne Aug 19, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Hi can you let me know if its better to stay in the southbank area or on flinders or collin street for first time visitors - we will be in melbourne for 3 nights only, and plan to do two day trips during this time - one to phillip island, the other to great ocean road.

4 Answers Sep 10, 2014 at 11:15 PM
    • Peak season

Lorne Aug 15, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Hi, does anyone know the peak season for Lorne? ie when does the theatre, trampolines etc start to stay open during the week? Thanks, Chris

• A week backpack in Melbourne Australia

Melbourne Aug 13, 2014 at 5:50 AM

Hi guys and all, i will be at Melbourne for a week at this coming Sept. Isn't have any attractions that must do, must see and accommodation recommended around Melbourne (budget limited) :-] Looking forward from your guys feedback soon. Thanks.

2 Answers Mar 12, 2015 at 9:44 AM
    • Castlemaine Gaol

Castlemaine Jul 9, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Is the gaol open on Sundays in July for any purpose?

1 Answer Jul 9, 2014 at 10:19 PM
    • jillian.capuzzi@gmail.com

Port Fairy Jun 21, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Do you have any children's playgrounds in town

2 Answers Jun 21, 2014 at 11:13 PM
    • 3 days in Melbourne.

Melbourne Jun 4, 2014 at 3:59 AM

Hi! Can you suggest an itinerary for 3 days in March in Melbourne? I am not that keen in museums or art galleries. I like natural places of beauty, and of course nightlife!

9 Answers Mar 12, 2015 at 9:44 AM
    • Melbourne

Melbourne May 20, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Hi will be in melbourne for 5 days in fen have been a few times done the city etc. but this time driving to geelong and queens cliff then ferry to sorrento was wondering what places are worth going to on way from sorrento to hawthorn saw rose bud and Martha's cove on internet but don't know much about them. We like walking around small towns sight seeing etc. thanks

6 Answers May 22, 2014 at 6:21 AM
    • wet weather ideas

Lorne Apr 21, 2014 at 1:42 PM

anyone got any suggestions for wet weather activities with kids in Lorne

• Travel options from the airport to Mercure Hotel in Albert Park

Melbourne Apr 16, 2014 at 8:28 PM

I need a cheap solution to travel from the airport to the Mercure Hotel in Albert Park. My work pays for conference attendance but I need to fork out the travel expenses. thanks

6 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 4:58 PM
    • most popular area to stay

Melbourne Apr 15, 2014 at 7:09 AM

which is the most popular area to stay as we are planing to come for 4 days

5 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 1:41 PM
    • Looking for a place to crash in once we arrive!

Melbourne Apr 12, 2014 at 11:03 AM

We are a young married couple, just got granted the PR, and we will be arriving to Melbourne on the 28th 05:30 am , anyone has any idea where can we stay easily without moving too much with our luggage?

4 Answers Apr 26, 2014 at 5:35 AM
    • kroy1811's Profile Photo

Photography Tour Melbourne

Melbourne Apr 12, 2014 at 2:36 AM

We will be travelling to Melbourne in May 2014 and would like to take on a photography tours to the Great Ocean Road, 12 Apostles.

Can anyone recommend a good one ?

Thanks

Wasti

2 Answers Jun 11, 2014 at 11:42 PM
    • should i overnight at phillip island?

Melbourne Mar 31, 2014 at 3:34 AM

Hi,
      I'm coming to melbourne this june.
      I will stay a night at Lorne after a day on GOR.
      The next day, I'm planning to take a ferry to Mornington and drive to Phillip Island.
      Hoping to catch the penguin parade. My question is, should I spend a night at Phillip Island or is there a nice place to stay nearby as the accomodation cost is quite high?

4 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 5:39 AM
    • Travel mate - 2-6 May

Melbourne Mar 23, 2014 at 5:22 AM

Hi- I will be Melbourne from May 2 to 6. Looking for a traveling buddy. Vegetarians/ vegans preferred.

I am 32, from Singapore.

I am hoping to see the great ocean road, trek, cycle and meet new friends to hang out.

Drop me am email if you are keen. We may be able to work something :)

Royteosg@gmail.com

1 Answer Mar 23, 2014 at 5:41 AM
    • Check and pay the toll

Melbourne Mar 18, 2014 at 5:14 PM

we traveled from Brisbaine to Melboure. we can sure that we did pass some toll highway.
      but how can we check and pay the total amount of toll before they send the toll invoice.

3 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 4:47 PM
    • Airport tranfer

Melbourne Mar 17, 2014 at 7:55 PM

we have 6 pax in group. which transport best for us to travel to city from airport?

8 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 4:02 AM
    • Shop name

Torquay Mar 14, 2014 at 5:41 PM

There is a tiny little shop a little behind the surf outlets .. It is possibly a secondhand dealer - but of more funky alternative stuff .. It's around the corner from the sushi shop - anyone know what it's called ?

2 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 6:31 PM
    • Getting around the island

Phillip Island Mar 14, 2014 at 4:39 PM

I'm undecided whether to hire a car for our 5 day stay on Phillip Island. I'm starting to think this may be the best option as the island looks quite big, with attractions quite spread out. I'm not certain how convenient the bus services are on the island. Does anyone have any advice??

5 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 4:31 PM