State of Uttar Pradesh

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Teachers in Varanasi

Varanasi Jun 26, 2014 at 7:24 AM

Teachers recommended for hindi and buddhism in Varanasi.

more
    • Visiting Allahabad from Varanasi airport

Varanasi Jul 19, 2014 at 10:31 PM

If one desires to go Allahabad,whether Varanasi is the nearest air port or Lucknow (from New Delhi/Mumbai) ?
      Whether there is any airport at Allahabad or helicopter services to Allahabad.If so,whether it is from - Varanasi or Lucknow and whether daily services are there or not ?
      Whether cab are available from Varanasi airport to go to Allahabad by road. How much money normally they charg,,what is the distance between Varanasi airport to Allahabad city and travel time taken? Whether AC cabs are available?

more

Popular State of Uttar Pradesh Travel Answer Locations

• Visiting Allahabad from Varanasi airport

Varanasi Jul 19, 2014 at 10:31 PM

If one desires to go Allahabad,whether Varanasi is the nearest air port or Lucknow (from New Delhi/Mumbai) ?
      Whether there is any airport at Allahabad or helicopter services to Allahabad.If so,whether it is from - Varanasi or Lucknow and whether daily services are there or not ?
      Whether cab are available from Varanasi airport to go to Allahabad by road. How much money normally they charg,,what is the distance between Varanasi airport to Allahabad city and travel time taken? Whether AC cabs are available?

5 Answers 23 hours ago
    • Teachers in Varanasi

Varanasi Jun 26, 2014 at 7:24 AM

Teachers recommended for hindi and buddhism in Varanasi.

2 Answers Jul 13, 2014 at 11:56 PM
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

Between Agra & Pushkar

Agra Jun 9, 2014 at 1:06 PM

When I leave Agra in October I will travel to Pushkar, but the journey seems to be about 6 hours. Is there anywhere nice to stop at to break the journey?

8 Answers Jul 5, 2014 at 7:24 AM
    • Nainital OR Dehradun for 1N/2D trip

Dehra Dun May 6, 2014 at 2:00 AM

After 6 days in Kashmir I willbe back to delhi at Aug 25th about 4 PM.

As I dont have plans in Delhi I would like to move to either of Dehradun OR Nainital. for next 2 days before I start by return journey from Delhi. And my travel will be in volvo.

I like to stay with Nature with pleasant climate. I know its August ...summer any where in India.

Whicih one I need to opt?

Regards
      Sonny

4 Answers May 6, 2014 at 11:48 PM
    • xelhaw's Profile Photo

Best Indian Souvenirs

Agra Apr 18, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Is it better to make shopping for souvenirs in New Delhi or Agra?

6 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 10:38 AM
    • Budget stay 6 days

Varanasi Apr 18, 2014 at 1:12 AM

would like to bag pack travel and see
      around places neat clean simple
      affordable no frills room

Srini

3 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 6:38 AM
    • Places to visit in Varansi

Varanasi Apr 14, 2014 at 4:11 AM

I have to go to Varanasi for attend 7th may relative marriage ,i will reach @ varanasi on 6th may and i have a full day and morning of 7th may to visit this holy place . Please advice what to do and where to visit in this short of time .I like to visit where i can take pics . Sarnath and evening Ganges arti is in my list already . but i m not sure camera is allowed in sarnath temple or not? so please advice where i can do more fun . Thanks

7 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 9:06 AM
    • cybertraveler14's Profile Photo

Taj Mahal on Holi

Agra Jan 21, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Hello,

We will be visiting the Taj Mahal on March 17 (the only day we will be in Agra), which is Holi. I just wanted to verify that the Taj Mahal will indeed be open on this holiday.

Thanks!

6 Answers Jan 24, 2014 at 9:15 AM
    • drvyveg's Profile Photo

flight kuala lumpur to varanasi india

Varanasi Dec 1, 2013 at 5:36 PM

advise on flights from kuala lumpur to Varanasi departing and arriving the same day.
      Direct or with stops

3 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 3:06 AM
    • REGISTRATION OF OUR PROPERTY

Agra Nov 19, 2013 at 5:46 AM

We are a budgeted two start hotel located in Agra, we wish to get associated with your company. WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE?

4 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 3:06 AM
    • Want to go Delhi to agra

Agra Sep 3, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Is it possible to go Delhi to Agra time :13 pm date is 16th September? Because i arrive in DEL airport at 11:30 am.

4 Answers Sep 3, 2013 at 5:53 AM
    • Island travel

Bareilly Aug 23, 2013 at 10:54 AM

which place should I go for Island travel.?

1 Answer Aug 29, 2013 at 6:15 AM
    • Honest taxi firm in Agra

Agra Aug 9, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Can anyone recommend an honest and reliable taxi firm in Agra, to take me from the train station to my hotel?

6 Answers Aug 10, 2013 at 5:36 AM
    • yumiyun's Profile Photo

Good time to visit?

Dehra Dun Aug 2, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Was planning on a trip to Dehradun and Mussorie this month. But considering recent disaster in the area, is this a good time to visit? Most people seem to avoid going there. Suggestion, anyone?

1 Answer Aug 2, 2013 at 2:19 AM
    • aksh1990's Profile Photo

Going there for the 1st time

Varanasi Jun 25, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Hey! Heading to varanasi soon for a few days. Please help me out with what all to see there,must visit places and things to do. Also mention places that are not common/famous but you know about it somehow.

11 Answers Jun 26, 2013 at 6:05 AM
    • Help me plan a trip to Uttar Pradesh

State of Uttar Pradesh Jun 21, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Hello everyone. Firstly, I again want to say thanks to everyone who helped me plan my trip to Delhi earlier this year. Now, I am planning on going on a trip of Uttar Pradesh during last week of September.

Now, I have a week in my hands and as per my plans, I will reach Allahabad on 24th of September and have a return flight from Lucknow on the morning of 3rd October. Now, I wish to cover Allahabad, Kanpur and Lucknow in these 8 days and I want to cover these three cities completely with visits to almost all places that should be visited especially religious sites.

From what i have researched on the net, I have seen that there isn't much to see in all the three cities that cannot be covered in 3 days each. Here are a list of places I want to visit in Allahabad and Kanpur that I want to visit:

Kanpur: Jajmau, J.K. Temple, Jain Glass Temple, Kanpur Zoo, Kamla Retreat, Phool bagh, Nana Rao Park, Kanpur Memorial Church, Aanandeswar temple, Moti Jheel, Nawabganj Bird Sanctuary, Valmiki Ashram, Patthar ghat @ Bithoor, Kanpur Museum, Dwarkadhish Temple, Panki Hanuman Mandir, Massacre Ghat, Jama Masjid, Iskcon Temple and Gora Cemetry. Would also love to see Lav-Kush barrage and the Ganga Barrage plus I would also like to know if visitors are allowed in to IIT-Kanpur campus.

Allahabad: Allahabad Fort, Allahabad Museum, Anand Bhavan, Khusrao Bagh, Alfred Park, Triveni Sangam, Alopi Devi Mandir, All Saints Cathedral, Sivakoti Mahadev Temple, Nag vasuki Temple, Beni Madhav temple, Hanuman Mandir, Shankar Viman mandapam, Kalyani Devi temple, Mankameswar Temple, Minto Park, Sai Dham Mandir, and Bade Hanumanji Mandir. I also want to have a peaceful calm boating session in the yamuna and would appreciate any details about how can I avail such services and where?

Lucknow one I haven't checked yet and hence I have no ideas about what is there to see. What I really want your help is in planning a schedule that will help me in covering all or most of these places, helping me avoid points which are too far off and hence can scerw my schedule, i.e. i want to cover only parts of the city instead of going outskirts of city limits, Valmiki Ashram being the only exception.

I am going to book a rented car locally for each day with the help of my hotel in the particular cities and hence am hoping I will not be having any problems in travelling but i am still worried about paying higher rents, so can any locals tell me the local taxi rates for Indigo cars??

I know September is still a long way to go but since I will be travelling with my family, I am trying to plan in advance and hence avoid any last minute trouble. Thanks.

6 Answers Aug 2, 2013 at 9:33 PM
    • iswaryamadala's Profile Photo

shops names

Varanasi Mar 28, 2013 at 5:19 AM

where can we get the latest dresses and sarees near vishwanadha temple street , varanasi..?

1 Answer Apr 3, 2013 at 2:36 PM
    • nattybabe's Profile Photo

When to visit Varanasi

Varanasi Mar 23, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I am looking at destinations close to Dubai which can be visited in a weekend over the summer months as I unfortunately have no more annual leave until September, and will go crazy staying in Dubai all that time.

I have found cheap and brilliantly timed flights to Varanasi and I have a couple of questions. Assuming that the weather is going to be hot and humid, when is the best time between May - August to visit? Does the monsoon cool things down at all, or just make it impossible to travel?

Any hotel recommendations also? None of the reviews are any good for any of the hotels, so is there a best of a bad lot? I don't have a budget and can stay 5 star if that is the best on offer.

Thanks for your help! Natalie

20 Answers May 19, 2013 at 3:44 AM
    • stephcdav's Profile Photo

Riskikesh to Darjeeling

State of Uttar Pradesh Mar 6, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Hi everyone,
      After visiting Himachal Pradesh we are looking to head east over to Darjeeling and then down to Kolkata. Heading through Uttar Pradesh and Bihar we are looking for any advice on places to see and do along the way. Some of the places we already have in mind are Lucknow and Varanasi. If you have any ideas on must-sees or good places to go along the way that would be great.

Also, any advice on how best to travel or tips would be appreciate too.

Thanks
      Ant and Steph

4 Answers Mar 6, 2013 at 4:34 PM
    • Need local transport at agra

Agra Jan 26, 2013 at 1:19 AM

on 05.02.2013 at 06.00AM I am at agra railway station along with 9 more members. Need transport arrangement to visit taj mahal and its surroundings, Mathura and back to Agra and catch train to delhi at 07.00PM. Preferably like TATA -WINGER ON INNOVA

5 Answers Jan 26, 2013 at 11:49 PM
    • varanasi

Varanasi Jan 15, 2013 at 8:28 AM

how to go to bydhayanathem, gaya, varanasi to allhabad from vijayawada
      how many days are required

1 Answer Jan 15, 2013 at 9:38 PM
    • Svillegas's Profile Photo

Kumbh Mela

State of Uttar Pradesh Dec 7, 2012 at 6:52 AM

Hello everyone!!

I'm a Spanish girl, photographer, and photography teacher.

I'm thinking of visiting the Kumbh Mela festival, to live this experience and take some photographs. I was wondering if you could help me to prepare my travel because I think it's going to be very difficult with all this people going there for the same time.

For the accomodation I'm looking for something cheap, like a dormitary or something like that, I would like to stay aproximately from the 8th to 19th february, dates are not completely sure beacuse I don't have the plane tickets yet. I have been in India three times before and I'm used to do backpack travels, really cheap, so I'm a little bit worried about the prices that I'm seeing in the webs I founded for accomodation in the camps.

In fact I contacted with some of them that gave me a cheaper price that the ones they have in their sites, but after I founded this: m.timesofindia.com/city/luck... That is talking about fakes and problems with camps' websites... And this is worrying me a little bit.

For the moment I'm travelling alone, thing that doesn't scare me so much in normal conditions, but I'm really concerned about safety as well, with all this people around there... I've seen videos almost scary, lol!

As the purpose of my travel is taking photographs (and living the kumbh experience, of course, I love India and it's culture!), so the best option would be to be inside the whater, do you now if there's any possibility to rent a boat or something like that to be looking from the water to the shore? I think that from the shore, it is going to be so crowded, that it will be difficult to take photos, and I think it could be dangerous as well in the moments where most of people will be there, the risk of being pushed to the water, I mean (my camera doesn't know how to swim yet ....). I would like to find someone in the same situation to be able to share costs.

I can do an exchanges, I can give some photographs, or I can work for you in some way, I can talk English, Spanish, Catalan, French), help you with the tourists, do photography courses (I have worked for travel magazines, for example ELLE magazine, very well reputated in Europe) or I can do whatever to try to make my travel cheaper.

Anyone can help me? I would be very grateful!!!!

Sonia Villegas

9 Answers Jan 12, 2013 at 9:17 AM
    • AjayG's Profile Photo

I will be in Agra on 8th Dec, 2012 alongwith one Foreigner Traveler

Agra Dec 4, 2012 at 6:16 AM

I will be in Agra on 8th Dec, 2012 alongwith one Foreigner Traveler. We will be coming from Delhi.

Can anyone suggest cheap hotel/hostel and quite good accommodation. Last time, I had it at a walking distance from the Taj Mahal itself.

I will also love to know about trains and buses from Agra to Delhi and Jaipur. Are trains better from Agra to Jaipur more specifically or buses? What's the time difference?

How much is the cost of a ticket for Jaipur from Agra, both train and bus costs separately.

Is there any good cheap accommodation in Jaipur? What all can be done in Jaipur? Are there some places in Rajasthan, which are doable within a few hours from Jaipur, and yet be worth visiting?

7 Answers Feb 12, 2013 at 2:27 AM
    • ChristosS's Profile Photo

HELP!! Crossing into Nepal

State of Uttar Pradesh Sep 7, 2012 at 4:44 AM

Hi All,

Just returned from the Indian High Commission empty handed!!
      I have been told I must include proof of departure from India with my visa application before I can be issued with a tourist visa. e.g. flight or train reservation.

As far as I can determine, there are no direct train services across the border.
      I have a train reservation from Varanasi to Gorakhpur in India, and then to walk or take a jeep across into Nepal.

Has anyone experienced the same problem and if so, what was the solution? I would greatly appreciate any advice......

Thanks..

3 Answers Sep 7, 2012 at 3:56 PM
    • Varanasi "Death Hostel"

Varanasi Apr 23, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Hello to everybody. I've heard of a "Death Hostel" in the Varanasi Ghat, where old people go to die. They accept only old mens that are there to die. I would like to have more infos about this place, if anyone has been and knows where it is located. I'm looking also for a picture of the Hostel, if possible.
      Thanks for any help

4 Answers Nov 13, 2012 at 3:18 AM
    • bungi333's Profile Photo

Need to use internet at 7 am in the morning

Agra Feb 23, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Folks, anybody aware of any internet place that would be open as early as 7 am in Agra? Need to take a con. call at that time.

1 Answer Feb 23, 2012 at 10:09 AM
    • JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Varanasi room or accommodation with Ganges view

Varanasi Jan 29, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Going to Varanasi end of March. Done some research and it appears as if Rashmi Guest House is well regarded. Upon an inquiry made they quoted me about125 per night (excl taxes). This seems expensive to me. I am looking for either a room or accommodation with meaningful views over the Ganges, even if only from the rooftop deck. Any suggestions, feedback?

3 Answers Feb 1, 2012 at 3:33 AM
    • easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Driver to Agra

Agra Oct 18, 2011 at 4:47 PM

We've decided to go to Agra as a day trip . Should we arrange a driver before arriving ? Any suggestions ?

16 Answers Oct 20, 2011 at 1:49 PM
    • appleseed81's Profile Photo

1 day in Agra

Agra Sep 5, 2011 at 7:38 AM

Hi ppl,

I would like to find out how much time is required to go to Taj and the Fort?

Any recommendations for any other interesting place to visit in the area?

While in Agra, anyone has any recommended driver that can bring me around? It would be great if the person is the driver + guide.

For the train going back to Delhi, the express train seems to be leaving quite late.

Alternatively, between Chattisgarh Exp and Punjab Mail, which is a better choice?

Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

14 Answers Sep 23, 2012 at 11:47 PM
    • Kaarina's Profile Photo

Worth to visit???

Agra May 17, 2011 at 2:26 AM

We have reserved a three weeks trip to India. I don,t know if we have got time to go to see Taj Mahal. Is it absolutely worth to see? Any backsides? How should I travel to Taj Mahal from Delhi? Is it a trip, which we could do in one day (Delhi- Agra - Delhi)?

26 Answers Feb 2, 2013 at 11:48 AM