State of Tasmania

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• First visit to Australia-4d3n @ perth

Perth Jul 2, 2015 at 11:30 AM

Hi, my friend and I ( both females) are traveling to Perth on the coming 24th-27th July. As we only managed to squeeze out 4d3n for the trip, we would like your kind advice on the following :

1. Given our time constrain, Is the following itinerary feasible?

Day 1: kings park

• (arriving Perth @ 1730hrs)

Day 2: Caversham + Nambung national park
      Day 3: Fremantle
      Day 4: Perth city ( Bell Tower, the Perth Mint...etc)

• return flight @ 1830 hrs

Are there any points of interests not to be missed that can be slotted in, other than those mentioned above?

2. In terms on accommodation, We are currently looking at Hyat/ Duxton/ Hilton/ Holiday Inn/ The Nest on Newcastle. May I know which one is better and more conveniently located, based on our itinerary above?

Thank you so much in advance!

more
    • Transportation

Airlie Beach Jun 28, 2015 at 4:18 AM

We are travelling by train from Mission Beach to Proserpine. I want to know the best way to get to our hotel from the station, whether it be by taxi or the bus service available from the station, which is a $33 for both of us. I'm not sure where our hotel (Martinique) is from the centre of Airlie Beach, so what would be the best form of travel?

more
    • Trees in Northampton

Northampton 7 hours ago

was wondering if someone can help me, sick of searching the internet. I'm curious as to what tall trees grow well in Northampton? thank in advance for any help given :)

more
    • Restaurant

State of Western Australia Jun 19, 2015 at 12:47 AM

Is there a Brazilian Restaurant in Armadale W.A. If so what is the name of it?

more
    • surfing, gold coast, surfers paradise

Surfers Paradise Jun 10, 2015 at 9:54 PM

Hey guys,

Anyone know a cheapish place to hire boards for the day at surfers paradise gold coast? It will be for this sunday coming.

Thanks

more
    • 7 days stay in Coolangatta, Queensland

Tweed Heads Jun 9, 2015 at 6:38 AM

I got a Canadian French lady visiting me in Melbourne. We are flying out to Coolangatta on 9 July and staying for 7 days . She is 59 y.o and I am 68 y.o We love to spend some quiet time together walking on the beach, seeing some places of interests, enjoy good restaurants or eateries, enjoy entertainment like variety / club shows, live performances and some dancing in night clubs, and some good Spa Massage & Facial too !
      Where should we stay ( I mean as in location ) and there are quite a few good resort places mentioned by the TripAdvisor like Ocean Plaza Resort, Outrigger Twins Towns Resort and Meriton Serviced Apartment. Would be most grateful if you could help me pick one of these three places or if you have something better in mind, that would be great !
      Thanking you in anticipation of your reply !

Warmest Regards,

Jimmy Ong

more
    • Swimming at Mackay beaches

Mackay Jun 9, 2015 at 12:00 AM

Where can you swim late September? Are there stinger nets?

more
    • August itinerary, HELP!

Melbourne Jul 4, 2015 at 11:32 PM

Dear all, I am wondering if you could help me for the updating news for itinerary this August. Me and my partner will go to Melbourne on 1st August, and stays for my friend's wedding on 8th (at Melbourne). I am planning on visit Sydney (or maybe other interesting places/cities) during that time, or wander around Melb before 8th. i will go back on 11th.

I am not really into wildlife (like climbing or such) but i am excited to see koala and kangaroo since it's my first time to Aussie. I like taking selfies so i hope there're pretty places included.
      If it possible could you please suggest several places to visit in one location so i wouldn't spend much time on the road. Plus, i couldn't rent a car since we dont have international driving license. Please also suggest the public transport we could have.

Thank you so much for your help! really appreciate it. Hope you could help me.
      Regards
      Mira

more
    • Suggestion for outings that are cheap or free for kids below 5 years

Melbourne Jun 27, 2015 at 12:44 AM

Can anyone suggest some places to visit for kids below 5 years that are cheap or free. Thanks

more
    • How much to budget for 10 days in Melbourne?

Melbourne Jun 27, 2015 at 12:41 AM

Will be traveling to Melbourne in Dec. Staying with friends but plan to rent a car for a week. Any good and cheap car rental to recommend? We are a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 kids (2 & 3 years). How much to budget for the 10 days including car rental? Where and how much would it cost to rent childseats? Thanks in advance

more
    • Weather in Autumn and what to wear

Sydney Jul 4, 2015 at 8:11 PM

Hi all
      I will be going to Sydney in March 16 for a concert. How is the weather like during March? I heard that it rains a lot. What should I wear? If it's in the twenties, will shorts and sandals be sufficient?

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Data plan and mobile network for 10 days

Sydney Jun 22, 2015 at 2:02 PM

Hi
      I would like to get a data plan for 10 days usage while in Sydney.
      Any recommendation on the network provider? I would like to get a SIM card for the phone and an extra card for data using ipad. Let me know can I get this upon arrival at the international airport.

Thanks

more
    • eviec38's Profile Photo

Using Atm Card in Perth

Perth Jun 17, 2015 at 11:55 AM

Can anyone give any tips on using Atm in Perth I have a n irish card and wondering about charges, best places to use it etc thank you

more
    • Where to go During Aug ?

Sydney Yesterday

Hi all, I would be going to Sydney on 3 Aug to 8 Aug, I read a few forum that I should avoid going to Blue mountain for this month because of the poor visiblilty. can anyone advice me where i should go instead during this season or where I should not go as well. Eg Beach ? Much appreciated

Greeting from Singapore,
      Kirstein

more
    • Swimming at Mackay beaches

Mackay Jun 8, 2015 at 11:50 PM

Are there any beaches that are safe to swim at in late September?

more
    • Travelling solo for the first time

Perth Jun 29, 2015 at 12:42 AM

I am travelling solo to Perth on the 27th July to 1st Aug 15. Totally clueless on how to go about planning for the trip. Moreover having issues with accommodation as due to budget constraint. Please help.
      Anu

more
    • eviec38's Profile Photo

spending money

Perth Jun 15, 2015 at 6:38 AM

Im going to Perth from Ireland for 15 days n august just wondering how much spending money would I roughly need? is it expensive 2 eat/drink etc?

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Opal card for 10 days

Sydney Jun 14, 2015 at 1:03 PM

I am going to be in Sydney for about 10 days - will be going around Sydney including Central, Parramatta and day trip or weekend trip to Blue Mountains.

Is the Opal card the best transport card to get? Where best to get this if arriving at the Sydney International Airport?

Any tips in terms of how to make this travel card works better in terms of savings?

Thanks =)

more
    • Visiting in July

Melbourne Jun 29, 2015 at 8:42 PM

I will be travelling to melbourne this weekend and will stay there for a month. I see it's winter there and am planning my packing accordingly. It would be great though if somebody who is/ have been there can answer a few queries for me:

1. What to pack for a month in July? I will be working till 17:00 on weekdays and will have weekends for myself.

2. Any good trek/ mountain area nearby that can be covered in a day?

3. Any specific area for good food? And beer :D

Also, i would love to meet you guys on weekends to explore the city for a day or two together, the local way. Please let me know and let's plan.

TIA, vt1026

more
    • bluehome's Profile Photo

Where oh where is this just out of Mossman Gorge area?

Cairns Jun 16, 2015 at 1:33 AM

A beautiful blue pond that apparently Aboriginal women gave birth into years ago. It is so blue you can see to the bottom. We visited Mossman Gorge, then this place, then headed back to Palm Cove, but can't find it anywhere. If I could upload a photo I would, but don't know how to here....Thanks

more
    • 7 days 6 nights Perth Tour

Perth Jun 8, 2015 at 6:45 AM

Hey, May I know how much is the minimum spending for a 7 days 6 nights tour to Perth, Australia?
      Kinda urgent.
      I'm from Malaysia. About to travel to Perth by the end of September.

more
    • Mt Wellington to Fern Tree

Hobart Jun 2, 2015 at 2:52 AM

I believe if I walk from Mt Wellington to Fern tree (to catch bus back to Hobart) it will be along the zig zag track route. Has anyone actually walked this route and is it a path and steps or clambering over boulders? It seems about 5.5 km. I will be there in mid February
      Thanks. Geoff

1 Answer Jun 3, 2015 at 4:56 AM
    • Spirit of Tasmania

Tasmania Mar 19, 2015 at 9:34 PM

has any one used "Travel with a Cause" to book trip to Tasmania

2 Answers Mar 21, 2015 at 4:52 AM
    • Jeevz000's Profile Photo

ADVICE NEEDED :)

Hobart Feb 26, 2015 at 10:32 PM

My itenary - Devonport - bicheon (1night) - Swansea(2nights) - Hobart (2nights) & cradle mountain ( 2 nights) - back to Devonport - spirit of Tasmania( evening ferry)

I`ll be staying in Hobart , and was thinking of driving into port Arthur for the ghost tours at night. Will driving back from port Arthur to Hobart at night safe?

Also I was planning to do Salamanca market , in the morning and leave early afternoon from Hobart to cradle mountain. Is that doable, because I think the drive up is almost 4-5 hours?

Driving:
      I actually have a choice between the holden SV6 which is a 3000CC vehicle (more powerful but manual ) and the Suzuki 1200 CC ( less powerful and automatic transmission) ... tough time deciding which to go with!
      Any advice on which car to take will be helepful too .

THANKS AGAIN ! in advance :)
      jeevz

4 Answers Mar 5, 2015 at 12:51 AM
    • Jeevz000's Profile Photo

Driving with a small car?

Tasmania Feb 24, 2015 at 2:45 AM

Hi ! ill be driving to Tasmania via melb , on a Suzuki swift 1.2L hatchback. From what I gathered the roads are pretty steepy in Tasmania? Will a small 1200 cc Suzuki be able to take the pressure of driving round the island? ill be staying 10 days .. driving from Devonport -- bicheon -- Swansea -- Hobart -- cradle mountain -- Devonport. And is gps navigation important ? Do advise and thanks in advance!
      cheers

8 Answers Feb 28, 2015 at 3:41 AM
    • stevemt's Profile Photo

Best time of year to visit Hobart

Hobart Feb 1, 2015 at 5:35 PM

What is the best time of year to visit Hobart weather wise?

Many thanks in advance for all answers

STEVE

12 Answers Feb 26, 2015 at 11:01 PM
    • Tiparoch's Profile Photo

Bathurst Harbour - worth the trip?

State of Tasmania Dec 4, 2014 at 1:22 AM

Am considering going to Bathurst Harbour for the day...anyone been? Is it worth it to fly in for the day?
      Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Dec 18, 2014 at 2:23 AM
    • Tiparoch's Profile Photo

car vs. camper

State of Tasmania Nov 15, 2014 at 9:07 AM

which is better car and hotels or camper / caravan ?

12 Answers Dec 9, 2014 at 5:06 AM
    • Tasmania by foot/Anyone on Tasmania on 3rd - 4th Oct 2014?

Tasmania Oct 11, 2014 at 8:23 AM

I am fascinated by Tasmania, eversince I watched a movie filmed in Tasmania. Since, I am in Sydney, I decided to visit Tasmania on the end of my trip. My worry is, since I dont drive, will it still possible to navigate Tasmania tourist spots by public transport? I know it almost impossible but at least I will cover some places.

3 Answers Oct 11, 2014 at 6:12 PM
    • Eitan.R's Profile Photo

Lake Pedder & Southwest NP

Hobart Jun 29, 2014 at 12:00 PM

I spent a week in Tasmania more than two decades ago and I'm looking forward to another trip to the Island, a longer one this time. Southwest NP looks very interesting and I'm sure some of you have explored it. It seems that the only way to reach Mt. Solitary is by boat. Is there a boat service to the island ? is camping allowed on it ?

3 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 5:26 PM
    • Booking tours through Global Journeys

Tasmania May 6, 2014 at 5:20 AM

Has anyone booked a coach tour through Global Journeys? Their prices are so much better than booking with AAT Kings directly that they seem too good to be true.

2 Answers May 6, 2014 at 7:34 PM
    • 6-berth Motorhome with Shower & Toilet rental

Launceston Mar 17, 2014 at 2:28 AM

Hi, we are 6 people from oversea planning to visit Tasmania on Nov. We are going to rent a motorhome for a 12 days trip, any kindly suggestion of good rental company for it? Thank you very much!

Carol

5 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 7:36 AM
    • Waterfalls

Devonport Feb 7, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Location of waterfalls between Devonport and Launceston?

2 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 3:05 PM
    • dyah.ES's Profile Photo

Port Arthur day tour or ghost tour?

Hobart Dec 26, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Hi,
      I am thinking to take Port Arthur ghost tour, but my husband want both day tour and ghost tour
      I am afraid there will be some kind of overlapping if we do both since the location is the same
      Is anyone has experience on both? Will it be overlapping experience if we take both?
      If we have to choose which one is better?
      Big thanks in advance

Dyah

4 Answers Dec 28, 2013 at 1:55 AM
    • Trip suggestions/tips/things to see & do in Tasmania for 22 days during December2013 & January2014

Tasmania Dec 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Trip Suggestions/tips/ advice/ things to see & do for the following itinerary will be much appreciated:

I am not really keen to visit a zoo/animal park, adventure rides/adrenaline challenges, hiking/(bush)walking too long (i.e. greater than 10-12 km return) trails.
      I do enjoy nature, bit of museum visits, visiting historic sites & learning/cultural centres, gentle hiking,(bush)walking upto 10km, visiting small towns & cities, wineries, eateries, beaches, short climbs, scenic drives.

A)Day 1, 2 &3: In & around Hobart & day trips from Hobart.

B)Day 4: Bruny Island but can’t take my 2 wheel drive to Bruny because of many unsealed roads.

C)Day 5: Port Arthur

D) Day 6: Bronte Park Village, around Derwent Bridge Area

E) Day 7: Strahan

F) Day 8 & 9: Tullah(visit attractions like Cradle Mountain, Leven Canyon & Mole Creek Caves?? with Tullah as base)

G) Day 10: Stanley (not planning to take the Arthur River Cruise)

H) Day 11: Devonport & on the way see Burnie

I) Day 12: George Town

J) Day 13 & 14: St Helens, Bay of fire

K) Day 15 & 16: Coles Bay, Freycinet Peninsula

L) Day 17: Bicheno
      Any possibility to see Ross,Cambeltown, EvanDale on route during this time?

M) Day 18: Deloraine

N) Day 19,20, 21 & half of Day22: In & around Launceston & day trips from Launceston

Thanks for your suggestions/tips/ advice.

4 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 4:21 PM
    • Buy a new car

Hobart Nov 24, 2013 at 2:14 AM

can a tourist legally buy and register a new car in Hobart, Tasmania ?

4 Answers Nov 25, 2013 at 4:02 PM
    • travelling with kids

Tasmania Nov 10, 2013 at 3:50 AM

things to do and see in southern or southeast Tasmania November 2013 whilst on holidays travelling with 2 and 5 year olds

2 Answers Nov 11, 2013 at 11:31 AM
    • Hyundai Getz Auto(1.3L engine) in mountainous(with steep slopes) roads in Tasmania

State of Tasmania Oct 22, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Will Hyundai Getz Auto with a 1.3L engine be fine to drive in the mountainous(with steep slopes) roads & hilly touristy attractions/spots in Tasmania? I am planning to rent this car for a 21 day trip to all the major tourist attractions in Tasmania.

11 Answers Nov 1, 2013 at 6:17 AM
    • Transport Launceston to Bridport

Tasmania Oct 18, 2013 at 8:25 PM

How do I get from Launceston Airport to Bridport to catch the boat to Flinders Island? Thanks

1 Answer Oct 22, 2013 at 7:50 PM
    • Local transport options

Port Arthur Oct 15, 2013 at 5:22 PM

we are coming into Port Arthur on a cruise ship in December just for a day and would prefer not to use their exorbitantly expensive shore excursions. Are there any car rental firms or public transport we could use to transport us from the historic site out to the mines or to devils kitchen etc. We are a group of 13.

14 Answers Dec 13, 2013 at 9:06 AM
    • Car Rental

Hobart Sep 13, 2013 at 3:13 AM

Hello.I will be visiting Hobart on November for 3 days and planning to rent a car.Any suggestions any affordable company? I am a Malaysian international student, and can I actually drive using my Malaysian license? And how many people can the car fir in- small car for example suzuki swift etc. Cause I've checked on a few company, it seems like it can only fit in 4 adults?why is it so?Isn't it supposed to be 5 people in a car?Please advice.
      Thank You

3 Answers Sep 24, 2013 at 2:42 AM
    • Travel from Launceston

Launceston Aug 26, 2013 at 5:34 PM

How can I travel from Launceston to Sheffield?

8 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 11:27 PM
    • expatbangkok's Profile Photo

Pubs & stuff

Hobart Aug 8, 2013 at 5:36 PM

What are the best pubs to visit in Hobart? Any that brew beer on the premises? Also, what is there to do in the middle of August? Cheers

5 Answers Sep 7, 2013 at 4:03 AM
    • dyah.ES's Profile Photo

Strahan vs Mount wilderness

Tasmania Jul 30, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Hi,
      We plan to drive around Tasmania startiong from Hobart. One of the itinerary suggested by travel agent is stay 1 night in Strahan and 2 nights Mount Wilderness ( ? not sure the name, somewhe around the park)
      My husband think maybe better 2 days in Strahan instead, but I browsed about those places looks like more to do in Mount Wilderness.
      Anyone has any experiences? We'll travel around X'mast
      Big thanks as always

4 Answers Aug 1, 2013 at 5:20 PM
    • Travel company

Tasmania Jul 16, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Thinking of booking Spirit of Tasmania through Travel With A Cause Inc, are they a reliable company?

Thankyou....Carol

1 Answer Jul 16, 2013 at 7:39 PM
    • How intrusive are quarantine searches

State of Tasmania Jul 15, 2013 at 1:53 AM

How intrusive are quarantine searches?

3 Answers Aug 1, 2013 at 8:34 PM
    • WoodyPoon's Profile Photo

Car Rental

Hobart Jul 14, 2013 at 2:16 AM

We are planning to fly to Hobart early August and planning to stay there for four nights. We plan to drive around Tasmania but do not know which car rental to use. Which is the recommended car company? Is it advisable to book the car online or book while in Hobart? Thanks

4 Answers Jul 31, 2013 at 5:57 AM
    • allyson31mtim's Profile Photo

Port Arthur After Dark pass

State of Tasmania Jul 7, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Hi,
      Does anyone know if the After Dark pass allows for late afternoon entrance to the site before it closes? I tried emailing the reservations department to ask, and no answer as of yet. We really want to do a ghost tour and see the site, but we have limited time and trying to get the most bag for our buck.

Thanks!

1 Answer Jul 9, 2013 at 2:37 AM
    • Driving holiday Tasmania

Hobart Jun 16, 2013 at 9:25 PM

We are a family of four - 2 kids aged 17 and 14 and are looking at touring Tassie in December. We were thinking of hiring a motorhome but are now considering hiring a car and booking accommodation. My question is: is it better to stay in a central location or locations and do day trips or are we better to drive to the next town and stay? Any itinerary suggestions would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Trisha

7 Answers Jun 17, 2013 at 6:09 PM
    • Coles Bay & Wineglass bay activities

Will be driving (2.5hr) from Richmond to Coles Bay first thing in morning. Plan to do the 3hr Kayak Paddle or Oyster Paddle. Any recommendation between the two? Also want to visit Wineglass Bay. Can we fit all these in 1 day and leave around 7pm because we have to drive 3,5hr to Sheffield to sleep there. Thank you very much.

1 Answer Feb 25, 2013 at 10:12 PM
    • How to plan 1/2 day in Cradle Mountain

Dear Fellow Travellers,

Need advise on how to plan 1/2day in Cradle Mountain. Will be driving from AAA Granary in Sheffield first thing in morning. Can only spend 1/2 day due to flight out of Launceston at 6pm Can we pack in 1 more activity in Launceston before our flight? If so any recommendation?

2 Answers Feb 25, 2013 at 10:09 PM