State of Tasmania Travel Answers

change location
bonaventura's Profile Photo

One greeting and few quests!

by bonaventura Online Now Jan 16, 2006 at 10:24 AM

I just must said GREAT JOB for all of you answering and helping people here on Tasmania location!So many replies and helpfull infos!I hope so I will visit your place once as I heard its stunning!And australian people just apreacieate backpackers, and good fun!
My question is connected with fun and good meals-I heard that you people invented BBQ!Is that joke or true :-)
Also I found funny pics where Aborigins cooking white man in big pots.Was it historical or?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • 1+1's Profile Photo

RE: One greeting and few quests!

by 1+1 Online Now Jan 16, 2006 at 2:26 PM

Funny pictures are usually just that, funny pictures. Cannibalism was not normal in Australia. But in the early days of white settlement there were some white people (Europeans) hanged for cannibalism. It was forbidden by the different cultures living here, but there have always been people who break one law or another.

BBQ's are part of the Australian way of life, but whether you can say they were invented here I don't know. It's a very simple way of cooking so possibly it evolved in a lot of places around the same time. That's my opinion anyway.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular State of Tasmania Travel Answer Locations