State of South Australia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• eating places

Robe Apr 22, 2014 at 6:08 AM

Whatis the best places for dining with the family. What's the best fish and chips place in robe.

more
    • eating places

Robe Apr 22, 2014 at 6:08 AM

Whatis the best places for dining with the family. What's the best fish and chips place in robe.

• Breaking our journey on the Indian Pacific

Port Pirie Feb 21, 2014 at 12:45 PM

We are contemplating getting off the train at Gladstone (or another suitable stop) and either hiring a car or joining a tour (if such things exist) to spend a few days in the Flinders Ranges. It seems like we could save 9 hours of travel, by not going into Adelaide and back to Port Pirie on the train) and get a head start on going to the Flinders (and spend time in Port Pirie, of course) when we come back to catch the train onwards to Perth.

Are there local buses or some other way of getting the 30km from Gladstone to Port Pirie? where presumably we could pick up a rental? Obviously, if it took too long to get ourselves to Port Pirie, then we might as well stay on the train.

Any thoughts anybody?

8 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 9:19 PM
    • lovinoz's Profile Photo

Where to go?

State of South Australia Jan 25, 2014 at 12:24 AM

I have lived in Adelaide for 10 years and I have seen a fair amount of places so far including the Flinders Ranges, Whyalla, Port Hughes, Robe and of course heaps of places close to Adelaide (Hahndorf, Barossa, McLaren Vale, Victor Harbor, Rapid Bay etc).

My aunt is visiting from the US for a few weeks and we are thinking of going away somewhere for 3 nights, preferably less than a 4 hour drive from Adelaide since we have an infant (3 adults plus 1 infant). Looked at KI but it's too expensive with ferry and accommodation.

Can you suggest anywhere fantastic to visit that I haven't listed above?

5 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 4:52 PM
    • lovinoz's Profile Photo

Where to stay?

Kangaroo Island Jan 10, 2014 at 2:36 AM

My husband and I are planning to take our 10 month old daughter to Kangaroo Island in March 2014 for 5-7 days. We will be taking the car ferry (we live in Adelaide). Can you recommend which part of KI is best to stay? We want to base ourself in one place. We plan to mostly self-cater meals, but with the occasional meal out. Any recommendations are welcome. Cost is not a major issue, but always after value for money. We will probably do a lot of bush walking and lazing on a beach. Not so much going to organised wildlife tours (penguins and birds).

2 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 5:02 PM
    • Migration to Adelaide

Adelaide Dec 28, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I am from India and looking to migrate to Adelaide. Would it be too difficult to adjust as its a quiet place and is there racism when it comes to finding a job and treatment amongst others in the neighborhood and at work?

5 Answers Dec 29, 2013 at 7:21 AM
    • Christmas Street

Kangaroo Island Dec 10, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Hello

Quick question: Why is Christmas Street on Kangaroo Island named so?

Many thanks for your local insight.

Sincerely

Martin

10 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 2:44 AM
    • Which Suburb To Move To

Adelaide Nov 26, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Where is a safe place to live for a retired, single 64 year-old woman who likes a bit of space between neighbours, but still wants the conveniences of shops, transport and health services? (Looking to buy a house for between $500K-$650K.)

3 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 4:22 PM
    • Schooling in PA

Port Augusta Nov 4, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Hi there, we are a professional family with two boys aged 7 and 12 looking at moving to Port Augusta in January 2014, Can anyone give me some insight with regards to schools in PA please?

1 Answer Nov 5, 2013 at 5:29 PM
    • chrisandeddy's Profile Photo

Oodnadatta Track in 2WD vehicle in June 2014

Oodnadatta Sep 29, 2013 at 6:19 PM

We are planning to drive the Oodnadatta & Birdsville Tracks with another couple in June 2014. Friends have a 4WD we have a 2WD.
      Just want to know if June is the best time to consider this trip. I have read that we should not consider October - April.
      We have 4 weeks available all up for our outback adventure and hope to see other areas as well, but the main reason for going is to do both tracks.
      I have already read a lot of good tips and the weather around June is our main concern as we don't want to come across a creek and find it is so deep that we can't cross. Any information would be most.

4 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 5:10 PM
    • MalcolmR3's Profile Photo

sea food restaraunts

Adelaide Sep 27, 2013 at 9:55 AM

in town are the best

1 Answer Sep 27, 2013 at 10:33 AM
    • Getting to the Adelaide Show & back

Victor Harbour Sep 10, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Hi - we (2) are visitors from NSW and staying in Port Elliot & want to know what are the best transport options for travelling into the Adelaide Show & back on Thursday the 12th. Need to be there to meet other folk around 11:00 am & hope to leave around 3 pm. Thanks in advance for assistance with this question. Caroline

1 Answer Sep 11, 2013 at 4:15 AM
    • Busy Country pub/nightlife

State of South Australia Aug 19, 2013 at 8:46 PM

My wife & I like to travel from Adelaide for the a weekend away. Does anyone suggest a place that's busy still?
      The Crown @ Victor harbor was great years ago but dead quiet now. Manum, Berri, Renmark, Hardorf Gawler all were good years ago but not sure now

1 Answer Aug 22, 2013 at 4:20 PM
    • Crystal Brook Cottage

Crystal Brook Aug 10, 2013 at 5:17 AM

Hi can you please tell me the address of Crystal Brook Cottage

8 Answers Aug 25, 2013 at 2:20 AM
    • Getting to Adelaide North from Adelaide Airport

Adelaide Aug 5, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Hi,

What is the best option and fare for traveling from Adelaide Airport to Adelaide North (Jerningham St)? I will be traveling solo with one hand carry bag.

I notice that there is a single ticket and a 2-section ticket for the Adelaide Metro, what is the difference? And can I buy them both at the airport itself?

Thank you for your advice in advance!

3 Answers Aug 7, 2013 at 12:02 AM
    • FlyingChef's Profile Photo

Adjahdura Land and Point Pearce?

Adelaide Jul 18, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Planning an aboriginal tour of Adjahdura Land and Point Pearce next March. Do you have any knowlege of these tours and their quality? Will also be exploring Adelaide and Kangaroo Island-- seems like it will be good weather.

2 Answers Jul 18, 2013 at 11:51 PM
    • half day tour

Adelaide Jun 16, 2013 at 3:11 AM

best half day tour please?

8 Answers Jul 28, 2013 at 6:46 PM
    • How many days would you recommend?

Kangaroo Island Apr 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM

We want to visit Kangaroo island this december. We are going to drive from Melbourne. We are not sure about how many days shall we spent in the island considering that we are driving from Melbourne just to do the Great Ocean Road and to visit Kangaroo Island. Hope you can help.

5 Answers May 3, 2013 at 9:49 PM
    • Wishing Wells

Oodnadatta Apr 22, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Can you find old wishing wells througout this region of Australia?

1 Answer Apr 23, 2013 at 1:52 AM
    • Cheryl007's Profile Photo

8Days

Adelaide Apr 9, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Need to find nice places to eat dont have to be 5 start just good quality food in city area of Adelaide
      And what markets are worth a visit in the city centre area

3 Answers Apr 29, 2013 at 5:11 AM
    • Where should we stay?

Kangaroo Island Feb 24, 2013 at 3:44 PM

My 21 year old daughter and I will be visiting Adelaide/KI in April. We were thinking about spending two days on the island. I'd rather not rent a car/drive there. I've read that you can join tours for a reduced price. I've also heard that public transportation is limited on KI and the tours don't pick up at every B&B/hotel, etc. We are interested in wildlife, sandboarding, water activities, and the rocks. Where would be the best place for us to stay in order to meet up with a tour?

4 Answers Feb 24, 2013 at 6:36 PM
    • Tanunda

Tanunda Jan 20, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Hi there, does anyone know of a beautiful winery or garden in Tanunda to have picnic party? Would really love some help of addresses and names to search because iv only been there once. THANK YOU XO

3 Answers Jan 21, 2013 at 8:12 AM
    • DaveH63's Profile Photo

Karaoke

Mount Gambier Sep 30, 2012 at 7:08 PM

do they have karaoke in Mt Gambier if so where and at what times

• Need help to plan my travel to Adelaide and Kangaroo Island

Adelaide Jun 7, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Hello

We are planning for a holiday trip to Adelaide and Kangaroo Island.
      Would it be a good place to visit for a 4 year old kid?

Perhaps, if someone could help me with the following questions, it would be of a great help to plan my travel.

1. How many days would it require to cover all the wildlife attractions around Adelaide?

2. What are the best value hotels to stay in Adelaide and Kangaroo Island, perhaps around any Indian restaurants?

3. Would anyone please help me to list must see attractions especially wildlife attractions?

4. To know about budget car rental places would be of a great help. Also could anyone please let me know how the prices are for renting a car?

5. Are there any guide book, website or an trustable agent recommended?

6. What are the upcoming events in this season?

I really appreciate your help.

5 Answers Jun 7, 2012 at 5:59 PM
    • How Safe is it to Drive

Coober Pedy May 5, 2012 at 8:25 PM

How safe is it for a woman alone to drive from Adelaide to Coober Pedy?

7 Answers May 6, 2012 at 8:40 PM
    • Cleland Wildlife Park vs Adelaide Zoo

Adelaide Apr 30, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Hi, I would like to pay a zoo visit. Could anyone tell me which is better: Cleland Widelife Park or Adelaide Zoo?

2 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 4:26 PM
    • Staying in Adelaide Central YHA?

Adelaide Apr 24, 2012 at 5:11 AM

I am planning to stay in Adelaide Central YHA. Do you think that's a good hostel? (in terms of accessibility, service and cleanliness)

1 Answer Apr 24, 2012 at 5:16 AM
    • kangaroo islands

Adelaide Apr 23, 2012 at 7:36 AM

I would like to go to kangaroo Islands with wife. Could anyone recommend any reliable tour group at reasonable cost?

4 Answers Apr 24, 2012 at 2:40 PM
    • margsch's Profile Photo

Botanical Gardens

Adelaide Feb 19, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Hi there, we are getting visitors from Germany in april and I,m considering taking them to the Gardens, do any of you know if the lovely restaurant is still there? Do they serve coffee and cake or just meals?

1 Answer Feb 19, 2012 at 9:29 AM
    • Tanunda stay

Tanunda Feb 11, 2012 at 9:49 PM

We are visiting the Barossa in 2 weeks time. Is tanunda a good, central place to stay for the night and is pub accommodation okay in the town? Can we walk to some of the wineries from the centre of town or must we drive?

3 Answers Feb 12, 2012 at 3:41 AM
    • craic's Profile Photo

train station in adelaide

Adelaide Feb 5, 2012 at 7:17 AM

i am off to adelaide for a week in early march and i thought i might catch the overlander train from melbourne

i was trying to check where the station is on the net and it seems as if the train stops out at keswick about 3 k from the city

how do you get into the centre of the city from there? i want to stay right in the centre

thanks for any help

9 Answers Feb 5, 2012 at 2:32 PM