Is it a sealed road to the town?
      Thank you
      Tracey

more
    • jez25's Profile Photo

Ayers Rock Guide

Australia 15 hours ago

Hi all,
      Would anyone know of a really good private guide (with vehicle) or a service to show us around Ayers Rock for at least a half day?
      We're especially interested in the early morning sunrise experience, but would like to see and learn as much as we can.

We arrive on Sunday, 3/1, and departi on Wednesday, the 4th.

Thanks in advance,
      Jan

more
    • Weather in Mount Isa

Mount Isa Feb 9, 2015 at 2:05 PM

Can anyone tell me what the weather is like in April for Mount Isa

more
    • Jeevz000's Profile Photo

ADVICE NEEDED :)

Hobart 5 hours ago

My itenary - Devonport - bicheon (1night) - Swansea(2nights) - Hobart (2nights) & cradle mountain ( 2 nights) - back to Devonport - spirit of Tasmania( evening ferry)

I`ll be staying in Hobart , and was thinking of driving into port Arthur for the ghost tours at night. Will driving back from port Arthur to Hobart at night safe?

Also I was planning to do Salamanca market , in the morning and leave early afternoon from Hobart to cradle mountain. Is that doable, because I think the drive up is almost 4-5 hours?

Driving:
      I actually have a choice between the holden SV6 which is a 3000CC vehicle (more powerful but manual ) and the Suzuki 1200 CC ( less powerful and automatic transmission) ... tough time deciding which to go with!
      Any advice on which car to take will be helepful too .

THANKS AGAIN ! in advance :)
      jeevz

more
    • jobs/accommodation /general info

Brisbane Feb 17, 2015 at 7:21 AM

Hi everyone, me and my boyfriend have flights booked for the 15th march. Anyone know of any fruit picking/farm jobs after that time? Accommodation and general traveller virgin tips would be appreciated! :) Thanks

more
    • Holiday in Melbourne

Melbourne Feb 5, 2015 at 12:16 PM

I need to know...average cost per day for a couple in Melbourne for food and accommodation

more
    • dyah.ES's Profile Photo

Long week end itinerary suggestion in Alice Spring , please!

Alice Springs Feb 4, 2015 at 3:29 PM

We will travel to Alice Spring for one long week end (thu-sun) only due to limited time we have
      Can anyone please suggest squezed ittinerary for this short time... to get idea which place is must seen , and which one I can leave it
      For sure we would like to go to Ayers Rock (is it possible?)
      Thanks mate!

more
    • Jobs/ travelling/ accommodation/ info

Brisbane Yesterday

Hi,

I wrote on this site not long ago, so thank you for the helpful responses. However I have trawled through so many recruitment sites, pretty much covering them all with no such luck. So if anyone has any genuine contacts for fruit picking/ farm work/ or anything for two people please let me know :) we will be travelling on the 15th March from the UK so will be painfully arriving in Brisbane around the 17th, Thanks, hope you can help!

more
    • Jeevz000's Profile Photo

Driving with a small car?

Tasmania Feb 24, 2015 at 2:45 AM

Hi ! ill be driving to Tasmania via melb , on a Suzuki swift 1.2L hatchback. From what I gathered the roads are pretty steepy in Tasmania? Will a small 1200 cc Suzuki be able to take the pressure of driving round the island? ill be staying 10 days .. driving from Devonport -- bicheon -- Swansea -- Hobart -- cradle mountain -- Devonport. And is gps navigation important ? Do advise and thanks in advance!
      cheers

more
    • Where to Stay in Gold Coast?

Gold Coast Feb 25, 2015 at 12:36 AM

Hi, will be visiting Sea world, Movie World and Dream World for 3 days with my wife and 2 children. Can someone please advice where will be best hotel to stay. Will there be free transportation available from these hotel to the theme park?

Would be great if there are shopping around the hotel so as to do some shopping during the evening, after visiting the theme park.

Thanks

more
    • stevemt's Profile Photo

Best time of year to visit Hobart

Hobart Feb 1, 2015 at 5:35 PM

What is the best time of year to visit Hobart weather wise?

Many thanks in advance for all answers

STEVE

more
    • happypasttime's Profile Photo

Australia and New Zealand for 2 weeks

Australia Jan 30, 2015 at 11:31 AM

Starting to plan a trip to Australia and was wondering if taking 3 days to see New Zealand is possible? Is the transportation too far and time too long make it not worth only 3 days? I am being told by my family I should only on one, not try to visit both. Advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

more
    • Jobs/ travelling/ accommodation/ info

Australia Feb 17, 2015 at 8:43 AM

Hi,

I submitted a post earlier, but not sure if it worked. Me and my boyfriend have flights to Brisbane booked for the 15th March this year. We have given up our jobs in the UK, and are pretty much going out on a limb with no accommodation or work lined up. Could anybody advise me if there are any fruit picking/ farm jobs going and the best places to stay. Any info or potential work would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Claire

more
    • Gorge Wildlife Park

Adelaide Jan 25, 2015 at 4:26 PM

How do you get to the park from Adelaide?

2 Answers Jan 25, 2015 at 7:33 PM
    • Lobster fishing

Port MacDonnell Dec 15, 2014 at 1:54 AM

how and where can we do lobster fishing in Port Macdonnell?

3 Answers Dec 15, 2014 at 5:55 AM
    • Places for Vegans (& Raw Vegans) to travel & experience?

State of South Australia Nov 16, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Places appropriate for Vegans (& Raw Vegans) to travel & experience?

1 Answer Nov 17, 2014 at 3:21 PM
    • What Public transport at goes to the Parklands station?

Adelaide Aug 14, 2014 at 2:15 PM

I will be in Adelaide's CBD overnight in September and need to get to the Adelaide Parklands (Keswick) station on a Sunday. It appears from the websites that Skylink no longer is in business. I am wondering if there is another public transportation that goes to that train station other than by taxi.Thanks for your consideration

5 Answers Aug 26, 2014 at 3:01 PM
    • Bus from adelaide city to mount lofty

Mount Lofty Aug 4, 2014 at 3:12 AM

Mount Lofty looks amazing! I will be in Adelaide in a week's time.. Are there public transport to Mount Lofty? Was the easiest way to get there (by public transport) from Adelaide city centre?

2 Answers Aug 4, 2014 at 6:20 AM
    • Shamala's Profile Photo

new acquaintance

Adelaide Jul 28, 2014 at 10:30 PM

Hi, I am in midst of planning for a vacation to Adelaide end of Sept / early Oct 2014. I am meeting one of my friends from Perth and have a few activities sorted out for both us. But I would also like to meet some new friends from Adelaide for coffee and and expand my friends circle. If anyone here is up for it, please PM and I am happy to provide my travel dates and brief introduction about myself.

Looking forward to hear from new friend(s) soon! :)

Cheers,
      Shamala

• travel from adelaide to victorharbour

Victor Harbour Jul 18, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Are there any stops on the way to pick up other passengers

• SallyM's Profile Photo

Restaurant recommendations in Adelaide

Adelaide Jun 30, 2014 at 5:59 AM

I'll be visiting Adelaide next week, and wondered if anyone has any restaurant recommendations (any type of cuisine, average price), as those in the travel guide seem a little old.

Thanks in advance for your help.

3 Answers Jul 20, 2014 at 6:26 AM
    • Adelaide Parklands Station

Adelaide Jun 28, 2014 at 12:57 AM

I have to pick up a passenger from Perth and then drive them and luggage to Kangaroo Island. Can I get my car close to the station/platform? How?

10 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 5:10 PM
    • Is anyone going to KI on 26-27 May or 26-28 May?

Kangaroo Island May 11, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Is anyone going to KI on 26-27 May or 26-28 May?

We are looking for people who has rented a car and who would like to share costs on driving on KI

• DanaM23's Profile Photo

Anyone in Adelaide may/june?

Adelaide May 11, 2014 at 7:12 AM

Hello all

Arrive May 18th & wont know anyone in Adelaide, any fellow travellers recommendations on how to meet people? What to see & do?

Thanks
      Dana

14 Answers Jun 2, 2014 at 4:33 AM
    • Deisel and LPG on KI prices

Kangaroo Island Apr 26, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Hello,
      I know petrol is a lot more expensive on the island but does anyone know roughly how much diesel or LPG is on the island? Not sure if we should take the car or the 4 wheel drive..
      If anyone has a rough idea or an rough idea how much more it is then the mainland it would be appreciated.

1 Answer Apr 27, 2014 at 5:09 AM
    • eating places

Robe Apr 22, 2014 at 6:08 AM

Whatis the best places for dining with the family. What's the best fish and chips place in robe.

1 Answer Jun 4, 2014 at 4:26 AM
    • Breaking our journey on the Indian Pacific

Port Pirie Feb 21, 2014 at 12:45 PM

We are contemplating getting off the train at Gladstone (or another suitable stop) and either hiring a car or joining a tour (if such things exist) to spend a few days in the Flinders Ranges. It seems like we could save 9 hours of travel, by not going into Adelaide and back to Port Pirie on the train) and get a head start on going to the Flinders (and spend time in Port Pirie, of course) when we come back to catch the train onwards to Perth.

Are there local buses or some other way of getting the 30km from Gladstone to Port Pirie? where presumably we could pick up a rental? Obviously, if it took too long to get ourselves to Port Pirie, then we might as well stay on the train.

Any thoughts anybody?

8 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 9:19 PM
    • lovinoz's Profile Photo

Where to go?

State of South Australia Jan 25, 2014 at 12:24 AM

I have lived in Adelaide for 10 years and I have seen a fair amount of places so far including the Flinders Ranges, Whyalla, Port Hughes, Robe and of course heaps of places close to Adelaide (Hahndorf, Barossa, McLaren Vale, Victor Harbor, Rapid Bay etc).

My aunt is visiting from the US for a few weeks and we are thinking of going away somewhere for 3 nights, preferably less than a 4 hour drive from Adelaide since we have an infant (3 adults plus 1 infant). Looked at KI but it's too expensive with ferry and accommodation.

Can you suggest anywhere fantastic to visit that I haven't listed above?

5 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 4:52 PM
    • lovinoz's Profile Photo

Where to stay?

Kangaroo Island Jan 10, 2014 at 2:36 AM

My husband and I are planning to take our 10 month old daughter to Kangaroo Island in March 2014 for 5-7 days. We will be taking the car ferry (we live in Adelaide). Can you recommend which part of KI is best to stay? We want to base ourself in one place. We plan to mostly self-cater meals, but with the occasional meal out. Any recommendations are welcome. Cost is not a major issue, but always after value for money. We will probably do a lot of bush walking and lazing on a beach. Not so much going to organised wildlife tours (penguins and birds).

2 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 5:02 PM
    • Migration to Adelaide

Adelaide Dec 28, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I am from India and looking to migrate to Adelaide. Would it be too difficult to adjust as its a quiet place and is there racism when it comes to finding a job and treatment amongst others in the neighborhood and at work?

5 Answers Dec 29, 2013 at 7:21 AM
    • Christmas Street

Kangaroo Island Dec 10, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Hello

Quick question: Why is Christmas Street on Kangaroo Island named so?

Many thanks for your local insight.

Sincerely

Martin

10 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 2:44 AM
    • Which Suburb To Move To

Adelaide Nov 26, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Where is a safe place to live for a retired, single 64 year-old woman who likes a bit of space between neighbours, but still wants the conveniences of shops, transport and health services? (Looking to buy a house for between $500K-$650K.)

3 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 4:22 PM
    • Schooling in PA

Port Augusta Nov 4, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Hi there, we are a professional family with two boys aged 7 and 12 looking at moving to Port Augusta in January 2014, Can anyone give me some insight with regards to schools in PA please?

1 Answer Nov 5, 2013 at 5:29 PM
    • chrisandeddy's Profile Photo

Oodnadatta Track in 2WD vehicle in June 2014

Oodnadatta Sep 29, 2013 at 6:19 PM

We are planning to drive the Oodnadatta & Birdsville Tracks with another couple in June 2014. Friends have a 4WD we have a 2WD.
      Just want to know if June is the best time to consider this trip. I have read that we should not consider October - April.
      We have 4 weeks available all up for our outback adventure and hope to see other areas as well, but the main reason for going is to do both tracks.
      I have already read a lot of good tips and the weather around June is our main concern as we don't want to come across a creek and find it is so deep that we can't cross. Any information would be most.

4 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 5:10 PM
    • MalcolmR3's Profile Photo

sea food restaraunts

Adelaide Sep 27, 2013 at 9:55 AM

in town are the best

1 Answer Sep 27, 2013 at 10:33 AM
    • Getting to the Adelaide Show & back

Victor Harbour Sep 10, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Hi - we (2) are visitors from NSW and staying in Port Elliot & want to know what are the best transport options for travelling into the Adelaide Show & back on Thursday the 12th. Need to be there to meet other folk around 11:00 am & hope to leave around 3 pm. Thanks in advance for assistance with this question. Caroline

1 Answer Sep 11, 2013 at 4:15 AM
    • Busy Country pub/nightlife

State of South Australia Aug 19, 2013 at 8:46 PM

My wife & I like to travel from Adelaide for the a weekend away. Does anyone suggest a place that's busy still?
      The Crown @ Victor harbor was great years ago but dead quiet now. Manum, Berri, Renmark, Hardorf Gawler all were good years ago but not sure now

1 Answer Aug 22, 2013 at 4:20 PM
    • Crystal Brook Cottage

Crystal Brook Aug 10, 2013 at 5:17 AM

Hi can you please tell me the address of Crystal Brook Cottage

8 Answers Aug 25, 2013 at 2:20 AM
    • Getting to Adelaide North from Adelaide Airport

Adelaide Aug 5, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Hi,

What is the best option and fare for traveling from Adelaide Airport to Adelaide North (Jerningham St)? I will be traveling solo with one hand carry bag.

I notice that there is a single ticket and a 2-section ticket for the Adelaide Metro, what is the difference? And can I buy them both at the airport itself?

Thank you for your advice in advance!

3 Answers Aug 7, 2013 at 12:02 AM
    • FlyingChef's Profile Photo

Adjahdura Land and Point Pearce?

Adelaide Jul 18, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Planning an aboriginal tour of Adjahdura Land and Point Pearce next March. Do you have any knowlege of these tours and their quality? Will also be exploring Adelaide and Kangaroo Island-- seems like it will be good weather.

2 Answers Jul 18, 2013 at 11:51 PM
    • half day tour

Adelaide Jun 16, 2013 at 3:11 AM

best half day tour please?

8 Answers Jul 28, 2013 at 6:46 PM
    • How many days would you recommend?

Kangaroo Island Apr 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM

We want to visit Kangaroo island this december. We are going to drive from Melbourne. We are not sure about how many days shall we spent in the island considering that we are driving from Melbourne just to do the Great Ocean Road and to visit Kangaroo Island. Hope you can help.

5 Answers May 3, 2013 at 9:49 PM
    • Wishing Wells

Oodnadatta Apr 22, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Can you find old wishing wells througout this region of Australia?

1 Answer Apr 23, 2013 at 1:52 AM