State of South Australia Travel Answers

change location
alien_species's Profile Photo

First visit to Adelaide ( via Melbourne )

by alien_species Online Now Jan 3, 2005 at 5:28 AM

Hi I am just about to start researching accomodation in Adelaide in mid Feb. Probably hotel-based, as I want a 3 day slot as a city-break .....within an inland exploration for a month ( ...animals and birds in a hilly environment if I can find one ... ) Basically a visit by car to Adelaide mid trip .... Could anyone provide a reasonably specific description of areas best avoided and those that are OK ... looking for mid to upmarket hotels but not 'rip-off' top-dollar hotels. A Feeling of 'Obvious Safety' is paramount ( I know the risks are low but you need to feel that it isn't stupid to wander about ) as we ( wife and myself ) like to be able to walk around late at night so that we can experience 'real' restaurants and small friendly bars without using taxis. Areas not known by mainstream tourism really preferable ... You could save me booking a disaster by telling me places to avoid ! I am a regular visitor to Sydney and Perth on business, but this trip to Melbourne and Adelaide is on my own shoulders ( just because I feel that I have so far ignored an important slice of the country ...and I need help from those who really know the area. ) Thanks in advance David

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular State of South Australia Travel Answer Locations