change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Iternariy

State of Sikkim Apr 11, 2014 at 3:20 AM

Hi,

With the below plan can I pre-book the hotels and take shared Taxis for these places or do I need to book only 2N/3D packages for Gangtok - Lachen - Gurudormarg lake - Lachung - Yumthang - Gangtok only????

If its only shared taxis how much it cost now for below itinerary???

Day 1 -Apr 16th - Arrival at Bagdogra – Gangtok.

Day 2 - Gangtok - Tshangu Lake, Baba Mandir, Nathu la - Gangtok

Day 3: Transfer from Gangtok to Lachen, O/N stay

Day 4: Day trip to Thangu, Chopta Valley and Gurudongmar Lake, transfer to Lachung, O/N stay

Day 5: Day trip to Yumthang Valley and Zero Point, transfer to Gangtok

Day 6 -Apr 21st - Gangtok to – Bagdogra (12:45pm flight)

Please advice....

more
    • ManalS's Profile Photo

Food & Cuisine

State of Sikkim Apr 14, 2014 at 6:10 AM

fun traditional food and wine of the local-ites in gangtok and darjeeling that must be tried?
      And also the restaurants that offer them .

more
    • Travelling to nathula pass with kids in may, is it safe

Gangtok Apr 5, 2014 at 6:22 AM

We are a family of 4 adults and 4 kids (aged 14, 10, 6 and 2.5 yrs ) . We are planning for a trip to Gangtok and darjeeling from may 19th (Monday) to 24th (saturday) , we will be reaching njp on 19th morning and have booked a train to kolkatta from njp on 24th night.
      Please help with the itenery and also wanted to know if it is safe to travel to nathula pass with kids.

more
    • JalpeshVakharia's Profile Photo

Gangtok visit - 2nd to 5th Oct

Gangtok Apr 8, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Hi,

We are a group of 14-15 people traveling to Gangtok during 1st week of Oct. Would really appreciate if you can help me clarify some aspects which can help us plan the trip well.

1. Does mid-sized transport vehicles like Tempo Traveller etc ply in this region given tough road conditions ?

2. We are quite keen to visit Tiger Hills during dawn inspite it being bit over-rated. How much would it take to travel from Gangtok to Tiger Hills ?

3. We did check out white water rafting on river Teesta. With winder chipping in during the planned visit month, would this be unduly adventurous ? How far is this place from Gangtok city ?

4. Can we visit Tsangmo lake and Nathu La pass in one go ? Would all the travelers need to carry their passports ? How many hours typically it takes for this visit - approx ? Is getting permit for the pass very challenging ?

Look forward to hear from you.

Regards,
      Jalpesh

more
    • suitable time to visit gangtok

Gangtok Apr 4, 2014 at 6:24 AM

is it right time to visit gangtok darjeeling & Jalpaiguri in month of may?

more
    • AnirbanG's Profile Photo

Gangtok sight-seeing

Gangtok Mar 23, 2014 at 10:25 PM

when I will reach gangtok, will I be able to find taxis for gangtok sightseeing ?

more
    • Travelling to Sikkim 02 - 09 Apr. Is our plan do-able ?

State of Sikkim Mar 20, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Travelling to Sikkim 02 - 09 Apr. Our plan of travel is as given below. We are a family with a 5 yr old. Would be grateful for any suggestions/ comments. Is our plan do-able or too ambitious ?
      Also, we are looking for any fellow travellers (family/ women travellers) who may be interested in sharing the vehicle and its costs. (Our itinerary is flexible and we could change it if we agree mutually)

Regards,
      Jovz

Itinerary we plan to follow is

02 Apr 14 - Stay at Bagdogra

03 Apr - Travel to Gangtok via Kalimpong. Visit Mangal Dham, Deolo Hills, Dr. Graham’s Home, Golf Garden, Durpin Dara Hill & Flower Nurseries.Overnight stay at Gangtok.

04 - 05 Apr Stay at Gangtok.

04 Apr - Excursion to Nathula pass, Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir. Kyongnosla alpine sanctuary on the way to the lake.

05 Apr - Gangtok Local Sightseeing . Banzakhri Falls, Cottage Industry and Handicraft Centre, Flower show\, Dro-dul Chorten & Institute of Tibetology Rumtek and Lingdum monastery. Himalayan zoological park. Deorali orchid sanctuary.

06 Apr 14 - Drive to Pelling. Overnight stay at Yuksum homestay. Half day sightseeing.
      Intend to visit following places during 06 - 07 Apr - Pemayangtse Monastery, Rabdantse Ruins, Darap village, Rimbi water Falls, Sewaro Rock Garden, Khecheopalri Lake & Khangchendzongha waterfalls.

07 Apr 14 - Morning Trek followed by about half day sightseeing.

Evening drive to Kewzing/ Uttarey. Night stay at Kewzing/ Uttarey home stay (still to be worked out).

08 Apr 14 - Drive to Darjeeling. Enroute visit Sulphurous Hot Springs Phur Cha Chu sulphur bath near Legship and nearby Kah-dosang-phu .

Afternoon at Darjeeling- Visit Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, P.N. Zoological Park , Tenzing Rock, Tibetan Refugee self-help Centre, Tea Garden, Ropeway and Japanese Temple. Overnight at Darjeeling.

09 Apr - Early Morning (at 04:00 am) drive to Tiger hill to watch sunrise over Mt. Khangchendzongha, visit Ghoom Monastery and Batasia Loop.

Afternoon - Drive to Bagdodra.

more
    • Can we travel to Gangtok and Darjeling with a 5 month kid and 2 senior citiens

State of Sikkim Mar 26, 2014 at 3:45 AM

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Gangtok and Darjeeling from 25th April 2014, for 5 days. I am going with my wife, my young son ( 5 month old) and my parents who are senior citizens ( in good health)

So , is it OK to go to these areas at this time of year with young baby and senior citizens.
      Regards

more

Popular State of Sikkim Travel Answer Locations