change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Iternariy

State of Sikkim Apr 11, 2014 at 3:20 AM

Hi,

With the below plan can I pre-book the hotels and take shared Taxis for these places or do I need to book only 2N/3D packages for Gangtok - Lachen - Gurudormarg lake - Lachung - Yumthang - Gangtok only????

If its only shared taxis how much it cost now for below itinerary???

Day 1 -Apr 16th - Arrival at Bagdogra – Gangtok.

Day 2 - Gangtok - Tshangu Lake, Baba Mandir, Nathu la - Gangtok

Day 3: Transfer from Gangtok to Lachen, O/N stay

Day 4: Day trip to Thangu, Chopta Valley and Gurudongmar Lake, transfer to Lachung, O/N stay

Day 5: Day trip to Yumthang Valley and Zero Point, transfer to Gangtok

Day 6 -Apr 21st - Gangtok to – Bagdogra (12:45pm flight)

Please advice....

more
    • ManalS's Profile Photo

Food & Cuisine

State of Sikkim Apr 14, 2014 at 6:10 AM

fun traditional food and wine of the local-ites in gangtok and darjeeling that must be tried?
      And also the restaurants that offer them .

more
    • Travelling to nathula pass with kids in may, is it safe

Gangtok Apr 5, 2014 at 6:22 AM

We are a family of 4 adults and 4 kids (aged 14, 10, 6 and 2.5 yrs ) . We are planning for a trip to Gangtok and darjeeling from may 19th (Monday) to 24th (saturday) , we will be reaching njp on 19th morning and have booked a train to kolkatta from njp on 24th night.
      Please help with the itenery and also wanted to know if it is safe to travel to nathula pass with kids.

more
    • JalpeshVakharia's Profile Photo

Gangtok visit - 2nd to 5th Oct

Gangtok Apr 8, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Hi,

We are a group of 14-15 people traveling to Gangtok during 1st week of Oct. Would really appreciate if you can help me clarify some aspects which can help us plan the trip well.

1. Does mid-sized transport vehicles like Tempo Traveller etc ply in this region given tough road conditions ?

2. We are quite keen to visit Tiger Hills during dawn inspite it being bit over-rated. How much would it take to travel from Gangtok to Tiger Hills ?

3. We did check out white water rafting on river Teesta. With winder chipping in during the planned visit month, would this be unduly adventurous ? How far is this place from Gangtok city ?

4. Can we visit Tsangmo lake and Nathu La pass in one go ? Would all the travelers need to carry their passports ? How many hours typically it takes for this visit - approx ? Is getting permit for the pass very challenging ?

Look forward to hear from you.

Regards,
      Jalpesh

more
    • suitable time to visit gangtok

Gangtok Apr 4, 2014 at 6:24 AM

is it right time to visit gangtok darjeeling & Jalpaiguri in month of may?

more
    • AnirbanG's Profile Photo

Gangtok sight-seeing

Gangtok Mar 23, 2014 at 10:25 PM

when I will reach gangtok, will I be able to find taxis for gangtok sightseeing ?

more
    • Travelling to Sikkim 02 - 09 Apr. Is our plan do-able ?

State of Sikkim Mar 20, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Travelling to Sikkim 02 - 09 Apr. Our plan of travel is as given below. We are a family with a 5 yr old. Would be grateful for any suggestions/ comments. Is our plan do-able or too ambitious ?
      Also, we are looking for any fellow travellers (family/ women travellers) who may be interested in sharing the vehicle and its costs. (Our itinerary is flexible and we could change it if we agree mutually)

Regards,
      Jovz

Itinerary we plan to follow is

02 Apr 14 - Stay at Bagdogra

03 Apr - Travel to Gangtok via Kalimpong. Visit Mangal Dham, Deolo Hills, Dr. Graham’s Home, Golf Garden, Durpin Dara Hill & Flower Nurseries.Overnight stay at Gangtok.

04 - 05 Apr Stay at Gangtok.

04 Apr - Excursion to Nathula pass, Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir. Kyongnosla alpine sanctuary on the way to the lake.

05 Apr - Gangtok Local Sightseeing . Banzakhri Falls, Cottage Industry and Handicraft Centre, Flower show\, Dro-dul Chorten & Institute of Tibetology Rumtek and Lingdum monastery. Himalayan zoological park. Deorali orchid sanctuary.

06 Apr 14 - Drive to Pelling. Overnight stay at Yuksum homestay. Half day sightseeing.
      Intend to visit following places during 06 - 07 Apr - Pemayangtse Monastery, Rabdantse Ruins, Darap village, Rimbi water Falls, Sewaro Rock Garden, Khecheopalri Lake & Khangchendzongha waterfalls.

07 Apr 14 - Morning Trek followed by about half day sightseeing.

Evening drive to Kewzing/ Uttarey. Night stay at Kewzing/ Uttarey home stay (still to be worked out).

08 Apr 14 - Drive to Darjeeling. Enroute visit Sulphurous Hot Springs Phur Cha Chu sulphur bath near Legship and nearby Kah-dosang-phu .

Afternoon at Darjeeling- Visit Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, P.N. Zoological Park , Tenzing Rock, Tibetan Refugee self-help Centre, Tea Garden, Ropeway and Japanese Temple. Overnight at Darjeeling.

09 Apr - Early Morning (at 04:00 am) drive to Tiger hill to watch sunrise over Mt. Khangchendzongha, visit Ghoom Monastery and Batasia Loop.

Afternoon - Drive to Bagdodra.

more
    • Can we travel to Gangtok and Darjeling with a 5 month kid and 2 senior citiens

State of Sikkim Mar 26, 2014 at 3:45 AM

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Gangtok and Darjeeling from 25th April 2014, for 5 days. I am going with my wife, my young son ( 5 month old) and my parents who are senior citizens ( in good health)

So , is it OK to go to these areas at this time of year with young baby and senior citizens.
      Regards

more

Popular State of Sikkim Travel Answer Locations

• ManalS's Profile Photo

Food & Cuisine

State of Sikkim Apr 14, 2014 at 6:10 AM

fun traditional food and wine of the local-ites in gangtok and darjeeling that must be tried?
      And also the restaurants that offer them .

1 Answer Apr 14, 2014 at 8:44 AM
    • Iternariy

State of Sikkim Apr 11, 2014 at 3:20 AM

Hi,

With the below plan can I pre-book the hotels and take shared Taxis for these places or do I need to book only 2N/3D packages for Gangtok - Lachen - Gurudormarg lake - Lachung - Yumthang - Gangtok only????

If its only shared taxis how much it cost now for below itinerary???

Day 1 -Apr 16th - Arrival at Bagdogra – Gangtok.

Day 2 - Gangtok - Tshangu Lake, Baba Mandir, Nathu la - Gangtok

Day 3: Transfer from Gangtok to Lachen, O/N stay

Day 4: Day trip to Thangu, Chopta Valley and Gurudongmar Lake, transfer to Lachung, O/N stay

Day 5: Day trip to Yumthang Valley and Zero Point, transfer to Gangtok

Day 6 -Apr 21st - Gangtok to – Bagdogra (12:45pm flight)

Please advice....

• JalpeshVakharia's Profile Photo

Gangtok visit - 2nd to 5th Oct

Gangtok Apr 8, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Hi,

We are a group of 14-15 people traveling to Gangtok during 1st week of Oct. Would really appreciate if you can help me clarify some aspects which can help us plan the trip well.

1. Does mid-sized transport vehicles like Tempo Traveller etc ply in this region given tough road conditions ?

2. We are quite keen to visit Tiger Hills during dawn inspite it being bit over-rated. How much would it take to travel from Gangtok to Tiger Hills ?

3. We did check out white water rafting on river Teesta. With winder chipping in during the planned visit month, would this be unduly adventurous ? How far is this place from Gangtok city ?

4. Can we visit Tsangmo lake and Nathu La pass in one go ? Would all the travelers need to carry their passports ? How many hours typically it takes for this visit - approx ? Is getting permit for the pass very challenging ?

Look forward to hear from you.

Regards,
      Jalpesh

3 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 10:15 PM
    • Travelling to nathula pass with kids in may, is it safe

Gangtok Apr 5, 2014 at 6:22 AM

We are a family of 4 adults and 4 kids (aged 14, 10, 6 and 2.5 yrs ) . We are planning for a trip to Gangtok and darjeeling from may 19th (Monday) to 24th (saturday) , we will be reaching njp on 19th morning and have booked a train to kolkatta from njp on 24th night.
      Please help with the itenery and also wanted to know if it is safe to travel to nathula pass with kids.

2 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 1:58 AM
    • suitable time to visit gangtok

Gangtok Apr 4, 2014 at 6:24 AM

is it right time to visit gangtok darjeeling & Jalpaiguri in month of may?

5 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 5:14 AM
    • Can we travel to Gangtok and Darjeling with a 5 month kid and 2 senior citiens

State of Sikkim Mar 26, 2014 at 3:45 AM

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Gangtok and Darjeeling from 25th April 2014, for 5 days. I am going with my wife, my young son ( 5 month old) and my parents who are senior citizens ( in good health)

So , is it OK to go to these areas at this time of year with young baby and senior citizens.
      Regards

8 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 2:21 AM
    • AnirbanG's Profile Photo

Gangtok sight-seeing

Gangtok Mar 23, 2014 at 10:25 PM

when I will reach gangtok, will I be able to find taxis for gangtok sightseeing ?

4 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 7:31 AM
    • Travelling to Sikkim 02 - 09 Apr. Is our plan do-able ?

State of Sikkim Mar 20, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Travelling to Sikkim 02 - 09 Apr. Our plan of travel is as given below. We are a family with a 5 yr old. Would be grateful for any suggestions/ comments. Is our plan do-able or too ambitious ?
      Also, we are looking for any fellow travellers (family/ women travellers) who may be interested in sharing the vehicle and its costs. (Our itinerary is flexible and we could change it if we agree mutually)

Regards,
      Jovz

Itinerary we plan to follow is

02 Apr 14 - Stay at Bagdogra

03 Apr - Travel to Gangtok via Kalimpong. Visit Mangal Dham, Deolo Hills, Dr. Graham’s Home, Golf Garden, Durpin Dara Hill & Flower Nurseries.Overnight stay at Gangtok.

04 - 05 Apr Stay at Gangtok.

04 Apr - Excursion to Nathula pass, Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir. Kyongnosla alpine sanctuary on the way to the lake.

05 Apr - Gangtok Local Sightseeing . Banzakhri Falls, Cottage Industry and Handicraft Centre, Flower show\, Dro-dul Chorten & Institute of Tibetology Rumtek and Lingdum monastery. Himalayan zoological park. Deorali orchid sanctuary.

06 Apr 14 - Drive to Pelling. Overnight stay at Yuksum homestay. Half day sightseeing.
      Intend to visit following places during 06 - 07 Apr - Pemayangtse Monastery, Rabdantse Ruins, Darap village, Rimbi water Falls, Sewaro Rock Garden, Khecheopalri Lake & Khangchendzongha waterfalls.

07 Apr 14 - Morning Trek followed by about half day sightseeing.

Evening drive to Kewzing/ Uttarey. Night stay at Kewzing/ Uttarey home stay (still to be worked out).

08 Apr 14 - Drive to Darjeeling. Enroute visit Sulphurous Hot Springs Phur Cha Chu sulphur bath near Legship and nearby Kah-dosang-phu .

Afternoon at Darjeeling- Visit Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, P.N. Zoological Park , Tenzing Rock, Tibetan Refugee self-help Centre, Tea Garden, Ropeway and Japanese Temple. Overnight at Darjeeling.

09 Apr - Early Morning (at 04:00 am) drive to Tiger hill to watch sunrise over Mt. Khangchendzongha, visit Ghoom Monastery and Batasia Loop.

Afternoon - Drive to Bagdodra.

5 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 9:56 PM
    • Gangtok-Darjeeling Mid June

Gangtok Mar 11, 2014 at 6:38 AM

Hi,

We are planning for a trip to Darjeeling and Gangtok in June End 2014 for 5 adults.

Below is the itenary:
      26th June : Bagdogra arrival at 1:00 PM. Transfer to Darjeeling
      27th June : Darjeeling tour ( Tiger Hills, Joy Ride and other city tour)
      28th June : Darjeeling to Gangtok via Namchi ( Char Dham)
      29th June : Gangtok Tsongo lake and Nathula Pass tour
      30th June : Gangtok local site tour
      1st July : Gangtok to NJP ( Train at 12:15 PM)

Please suggest if this is the right time to visit the place.

Thanks,
      Shamit Agarwal

2 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 10:50 PM
    • travelling with Kid

State of Sikkim Feb 12, 2014 at 10:40 AM

We have kid of 6 Year , is it fine to take him to Gurudongmar , he is ailement free , what precaution should we take Pls advise

2 Answers Feb 15, 2014 at 8:35 PM
    • DebasishG's Profile Photo

Yumthang route plan from NJP

State of Sikkim Jan 31, 2014 at 11:41 PM

I would like to visit Yumthang Valley & Gurudongmer Lake with my wife and 5 year old daughter in May,2014 for around 4 days.What would be the shortest & ideal route plan from NJP ?

5 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 4:14 AM
    • Sahaya's Profile Photo

Honeymoon in feb 2014

State of Sikkim Jan 31, 2014 at 4:28 AM

Hello VT,
      this is my first post.

I am planning for my honeymoon in N.Sikkim and i have 5 days and 4 nights in hand.

below are my queries

I have got quotes ranging from 25k to 30K for NJP to NJP with budget hotel and exclusive vehicles.

can i go ahead and book the same or it is good to go for spot booking ?

Also can some one share me any nice and friendly drivers contact nos...

Thanks,
      Sahaya

2 Answers Feb 28, 2014 at 1:34 AM
    • precautions to be taken during my trip to sikkim

State of Sikkim Jan 4, 2014 at 8:33 PM

i am planning to visit darjeeling and sikkim from 12th january to 19th january? how will be weather during this period? what precautions should i take about dress and medicines? please guide?

4 Answers Jan 9, 2014 at 2:09 AM
    • gangtok tour details

Gangtok Jan 3, 2014 at 6:18 AM

hello

we are 9 adults 2 kids of 1 year and 4 year planning to visit gangtok-pelling-kailmpong-lachen and lachug-nathula pass-tsomog lake-yamthung valley-garudumar lake in the month of april 2nd, so i wanted to know how will the weather be in april.
      as we are carrying 1 year old child, will it be tolerabel cold for the 1 year old child, i kindly appreciate your reply

3 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 5:08 AM
    • 4-5 days tour of Darjeeling and Sikkim

Gangtok Dec 31, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I am planning to visit Darjeeling and Sikkim in the month of April(3 apr-8apr). I know 4-5 days are very less to explorer sikkim but can't do much about it.

Here is my schedule: Day 1(3 April): Reach Bagdogra airport around 1 p.m. then Darjeeling.Evening in Darjeeling. Day 2(4 April): Early morning go to Tiger Hill and also some local sightseeing then head to Pelling. Day 3(5 April): Spend half day in Pelling(i know it is less so will see few places) n leave for Gangtok.
      Day 4(6 April) and Day 5(7 april): Gangtok and nearby places.
      Day 6(8 April): to Bagdogra Airport

Guys what you think? Any suggestions?

4 Answers Jan 1, 2014 at 9:31 AM
    • NORTH EAST TOUR

Gangtok Dec 11, 2013 at 4:00 AM

WE WANT TO TRAVEL
      DARJEELING, KALIMPONG GANGTOK, PELLING,LAUCHEN,
      LACHEN , SHILLONG CHERRAPUNJEE , DIRANG, KAZIRANGA,IN TH E MONTH OF APRIL 2ND WEEK WE ARE FOUR MEMBERS AFTER REACHING NEW JALPAI GURI WE HAVE 16 DAYS TIMEPLEASE SUGGEST ITINERARY AND BUDGET FROM

2 Answers Dec 30, 2013 at 1:51 AM
    • Gangtok -Darjeeling tour in first week of december

Gangtok Nov 29, 2013 at 6:32 AM

We 4 adults are going to Gangtok and Darjeeling on 4th december . Is this a bad time to visit? should we book travel agents before arriving there? suggest some gud economic hotels and travel agencies..what care is to be taken there?

4 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 3:06 AM
    • prajakta.chavan1986's Profile Photo

Visit to Sikkim in February

Gangtok Nov 28, 2013 at 4:34 AM

I am planning to visit Sikkim in this coming Feb. Want to visit Gangtok, Lachen and Lachung.
      Please could anyone suggest a good itinerary where all the good places worth visiting are covered and also a rough estimate of the cost of the tour.

I will be going with my husband for 6 days/5 nights.

Please please please suggest.

71 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 9:52 PM
    • Anasun's Profile Photo

Tavel time from Pelling to Lachung

Gangtok Nov 26, 2013 at 6:40 AM

Hi
      We are planning a tour of Darjeeling , Pelling , Lachung, Gangtok in May
      1. Is it possible to travel Pelling to Lachung in one day by taxi? Is it via Kalimpong or else?
      What will be the approx. time required
      Please guide

5 Answers Dec 14, 2013 at 9:21 PM
    • Weather in Sikkim

Gangtok Nov 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Hi! I am visiting Sikkim between 22nd Nov and 30th Nov. Will be visiting Gangtok, Pelling, Lachung. Would like to visit Nathula pass and Tsomgo lake? Any tips/suggestions?

2 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 3:06 AM
    • Transport available for Gangtok

Gangtok Nov 6, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Is there any Govt. Transport from Bagdogra, Siliguri or Jalpaiguri to Gangtok (Sikkim) and what are the charges/fare for that. Kindly reply

5 Answers Nov 8, 2013 at 4:27 AM
    • gangtok tour operators

Gangtok Oct 19, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I and my husband are planning to visit Gangtok in the coming week for 4 days. Could anyone please list the tour operators/hotels with great value for money? Our budget is around 20-25k INR (food +stay +travel) (excludng air fare) for these 4 days.

2 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 4:27 AM
    • travelling in December

Gangtok Oct 18, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Sir,

I have decided to travel gangtak, Nathula, Lachen, Lachung and Gurudangmar Lake by the last week of december'13 with our family friends. Is it OK to go there at this time? Plz suggest

5 Answers Nov 21, 2013 at 2:56 AM
    • biren.biroo's Profile Photo

darjeeling-gangtok itenerary help -for 28oct-5nov

Gangtok Sep 12, 2013 at 10:30 PM

dear friend(s),

we - me, wife, 14 yr old son - have planned a trip to kolkata and gangtok-darjeeling this diwali. the schedule is -

reaching Siliguri/New Jalpaiguri on 28th oct. 1.30 pm (we were planning to take a cab to Darjeeling or Gangtok immediately - to reach before evening)

need to be at Siliguri on 5th nov., by afternoon 1pm so, 7 full days (and 8 nights) from 28th evening to 5th morning.

questions i have:

1. how long will it take from new jalpaiguri, by road, to darjeeling? to Gangtok? what would be the charges of a car like indica, for this 2 trips (siliguri-gangtok; siliguri-darjeeling)? what would the charges be for darjeeling-gangtok by car?
      2. is there any other travel/transfer alternate, which will not be too time consuming or energy draining?
      3. should we drop Darjeeling and do only Gangtok?
      4. can we do darjeeling for a day? with a night halt?
      5. what is the best we can cover, in and around gangtok?
      6. hotel suggestions for places you suggest, if possible.
      7. transport types and charges for trips.

we are not looking for any trekking, though, something light would be ok. we are not looking for very pricey/costly hotel stays.

hope this information is enough for you to help me.

looking forward to hearing from you.

thank you for your care.

love biren

8 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 2:36 PM
    • Political issues in North Bengal

Gangtok Aug 12, 2013 at 12:17 AM

We are planning to go to sikkim in september. will it be safe to travel then?

6 Answers Aug 14, 2013 at 11:18 PM
    • Sunilks's Profile Photo

Visit to Sikkim and Darjeeling

State of Sikkim Jul 3, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I am planning to go to Sikkim and Darjeeling on Sep end and looking for the recommendations on following
      1) Is it better to book the hotels and Transportation in advance or go there and book local tours?
      2) If yes , than can you please recommend some good tour operators.
      3) Is it necessary to take the permits in advance ?
      4) Please give reference of some good hotels in Gangtok , Lachen , Lachung and darjeeling

Regards
      Sunil

8 Answers Jul 4, 2013 at 6:47 PM
    • How many persone will allowed in One car?

Gangtok Jun 25, 2013 at 4:19 AM

How many persone will allowed in One car?

3 Answers Jun 26, 2013 at 5:56 AM
    • what is the car fare to Nathula pass?

Gangtok Jun 25, 2013 at 3:45 AM

what is the car fare to Nathula pass?

2 Answers Jun 26, 2013 at 5:54 AM
    • June month is good to go Sikkim and north sikkim?

State of Sikkim Jun 15, 2013 at 11:10 AM

IS June month is good to go Sikkim and north sikkim?

4 Answers Jul 22, 2013 at 9:32 AM
    • travel with children

State of Sikkim Mar 27, 2013 at 3:10 AM

hi,we r a group of 5 couples planning a trip to sikkim ie-gangtok-2 days,lachung-2 days,pelling-2 days. in may-june 2013.we hv children with us ,age ranging from 6 to 11 yrs.my concerns are about the problems we may face in places like lachung wrt altitude and low levels of oxygen.Is is ok to take children to gurudongmar lake n all these places .also wat precautions, medicines shuld we be carrying with us in case of emergency??these r typical city bred kids ....

5 Answers Mar 27, 2013 at 7:16 AM