I, with my family ( 8 adult member, 1 child) am planning for west sikkim during 29th oct. to 3rd nov. My plan is as follows:
Day 1. 29th morning reaching silliguri by DARJEELING MAIL. Reaching OKHREY by afternoon. Nightstay at OKHREY.
Day 2: 30th morning travelling towards HILLEY. From HILLEY 4km trek to VERSEY. Night Stay at Guras Kunj.
Day 3: 31st morning returning back from VERSEY. Proceed towards PELLING via OKHREY.
Day 4: 1st nov, morning proceed towards KALUK. Nightstay at KALUK.
Day 5: 2nd nov. After lunch returning back for New Jalpaigury to catch Darjeeling Mail at 20:00.
In this trip I have few things to clarify:
1. During Oct end or Nov first, whether it is worthy to go to VERSEY. ( as rhododendron flower is not expected during this time) ?
2. Which one will be better: 1. KALUK, 2. RINCHENPONG, 3. UTTAREY ?
3. How much time is required to reach PELLING from HILLEY?
4. What are the Hotel rates at all these places? Please give me the hotel name, rates and booking procedure ?
5. If I book a TATA Sumo or some other car for this entire trip, what will be its rate?
Pls suggest me quickly as I am looking for booking at those places