State of Sikkim Travel Answers

change location
pepe_the_bushman's Profile Photo

sikkim

by pepe_the_bushman Online Now Sep 15, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Hi there:
I would like to visit Sikkim. I would spend seven nights a week. What is the recommended route to visit Sikkim in eight days, taking into account that the start and end of the trip is Darjeeling? I'm not interested in trekking. I'd like to visit some Buddhist monastery, landscape, small villages.
One of my questions is whether to establish the city of Gangtonk as a base from where I would visit Pelling, Yuksom, etc in a day tours each; or visit Pelling, then Yukson, then Gangtok, etc. Following an itinerary
What is the state of the roads in October? Is it rainy season?. Is it cold? What kind of clothes I wear during the first half of October?
Suggestions are welcome.

Thank you in advance

Jose Luis

sorry for my English. It is not my mother tongue

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • JessieLang's Profile Photo

Re: sikkim

by JessieLang Online Now Sep 15, 2010 at 8:55 PM

I can't help with your question, but I just wanted to tell you that you don't need to apologize for your English. It is just fine!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • anilpradhanshillong's Profile Photo

Re: sikkim

by anilpradhanshillong Online Now Sep 16, 2010 at 6:25 AM

1. Only road journey available from Darjeeling to Gangtok - buses and small vehicles. Darjeeling-Ghoom-Teesta-Malli-Singtam-Ranipool-Gangtok. Kilometers don't matter in hilly areas, number of hours do. It'll take you roughly 2-3 hrs.
    2. Rumtek monastry, near Gangtok; Enchey in Gangtok. A good link is
    travel.sulekha.com/gangtok_m...
    3. Road to Gangtok are CONSTANTLY in a state of repair owing to erosion by the mighty Teesta river, but you'll get through.
    4. Might rain in October owing to Durga Puja when Goddess Durga is believed to come in a boat. Will be cold AND warm. Better carry woollies.
    5. Experience Pujas of Nepalis in Gangtok and the 'tika' ceremony. It's totally amazing! Drink 'jaar' (brewed barley in bamboo tumbler) and eat 'momos'.
    6. Establish Gangtok as base. Better connectivity to mainland (Siliguri) and medical facilities.
    7. Your English is just fine ;-

• Re: sikkim

by vishnukumar7 Online Now Nov 17, 2010 at 2:36 AM

I have consolidated some information from internet about sikkim and found some articles and blogs on the site below..may be it will be useful.

thinkingparticle.com/article...

thinkingparticle.com/article...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular State of Sikkim Travel Answer Locations