State of Sikkim Travel Answers

change location
rajsriv's Profile Photo

Do you want to join trek from Yuksum to Dzongri in India - north east???

by rajsriv Online Now Jul 14, 2008 at 12:14 AM

Hi All,
I am planning trekk in Sikkim starting 27th Sept 2008.. Looking for some energetic, experienced and enthusiastic team members to join me on this adventure trip. Expected expense per person would be around Rs.25000/- (Approx 625 USD)(Including airfare to & fro BLR-CAL-BLR which is almost half of the expense). Might be 10-15% here and there depending on the group.

It will be famous trek of Yuksom To Dzongri may be we will add Goecha La not sure, with expected mixed group of people say around 8 guys & gals , I have around 4 nominations already by now by looking for 4-5 more group members. Thought of sharing with you all. End to end it would take 2 week in all. We would need to arrange , tent, sleeping bags, food, utensils to cook, porters, cook, guide, etc. I am working to arrange and book. I starting booking for the trip once I have number group members final with me. I have attached the draft plan let me know if you need more details and you are interested, let me know. Something more i would like to share about last year Sept.I have done trek in North East. It is known as Singalila Trek. You can find details on my blog
pics on picasaweb.google.co.uk/rajsr...
This trek was also very interesting for me, as did the same trek route exactly 10 years back, when I was in Calcutta. Now the team members were different, itinerary and other logistic were changed but the beauty of nature and trek remained the same. I found these jungles and mountains standing there, untouched and unspoiled. Preserved in the lap of nature. Apart from when you find, annoying non bio degradable plastic wrapper of Chewing gums, toffees and empty plastics packs of chips and plastic bottles, left here and there by careless trekkers. Anyway it was nice to trek through mountains and jungles with magnificent close view of Kanchenjunga snow peaks range and glimpses of Mt. Everest from some part of it. Write me if you need more details. Then in 2006 I had gone to Leh that was also amazing trip , you will find details on my blog http://rajsriv.blogspot.com also you can have look at the pics at picasaweb.google.com/rajsriv...
let me know if you need more details.

Regards
Raj / Bangalore/ India /rajsriv@yahoo.com

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • bkarjee's Profile Photo

Re: Do you want to join trek from Yuksum to Dzongri in India - north east???

by bkarjee Online Now Jul 15, 2008 at 6:29 PM

I did the Dzongri trek in Sikkim in May 1988. It was totally unspoilt and was one of the best treks in my life. Other than a perpetual attack by leeches, it was a pleasant experience. The views of Mt Kanchanjunga along the trek route is mind boggling.
    Enjoy your trek
    BK

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular State of Sikkim Travel Answer Locations