Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• lhotsky's Profile Photo

Kuching - Sibu ferry or flight

Kuching Mar 20, 2014 at 3:09 AM

Hi,

we will travel Kuching - Sibu in August to make trip up the river. We dont expect to stay in Sibu and continue to Song or Kapit (and Belaga later). I think about two ways:
      1) Ferry - It would take 5 hr, so about early midday in Sibu.
      2) Flight - MASwings has cheap flight, early morning, so let say 9am be in Sibu. The prize is twice as much as ferry (?)
      My questions:
      - what are pros and cons except time? MASwing safe? Ferry trip boring?
      - If using ferry from Kuching, can we get into Song in the same day? Perhaps if fly we should stay in Sibu until ferry come from Kuching and follow with the same boat, so loose anyway?

Thanks

Thanks a lot

more

Popular State of Sarawak Travel Answer Locations

• lhotsky's Profile Photo

Kuching - Sibu ferry or flight

Kuching Mar 20, 2014 at 3:09 AM

Hi,

we will travel Kuching - Sibu in August to make trip up the river. We dont expect to stay in Sibu and continue to Song or Kapit (and Belaga later). I think about two ways:
      1) Ferry - It would take 5 hr, so about early midday in Sibu.
      2) Flight - MASwings has cheap flight, early morning, so let say 9am be in Sibu. The prize is twice as much as ferry (?)
      My questions:
      - what are pros and cons except time? MASwing safe? Ferry trip boring?
      - If using ferry from Kuching, can we get into Song in the same day? Perhaps if fly we should stay in Sibu until ferry come from Kuching and follow with the same boat, so loose anyway?

Thanks

Thanks a lot

• tips for Borneo and Kuala Lumpur

Kuching Feb 18, 2014 at 2:30 PM

hello,
      i am an italian young woman and will ve traveling in malaysia alone in April.
      My plan is to visit george town, kuching and Kuala Lumpur, ad long as Singapore ad last.
      Does somebody have any tour advice, "must sees" or similar, especially for the Sarawak region?
      thanks a lot!
      Gaia

2 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 4:26 PM
    • DaHongHua's Profile Photo

Are these day trips provided by tour agency do able by ourself without taking a guide ?

Kuching Jan 23, 2014 at 1:04 AM

..... which we need to pay accoding head count, to
      1. Bako National Park
      2. Annah Rais Bidayuh Longhouse
      3. Sarawak Cultural Village
      I look forward to plan for Sarawak in July.
      Thank you.

2 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 5:02 AM
    • New years eve!

Kuching Nov 21, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Hello, What is the best place to be on new years eved, Kuching or Kota Kinablu?
      Anny advice for a hotel in a lively place?

Thank you

• New years eve

Kuching Nov 19, 2013 at 7:18 AM

Hello, we are in Kuching this new years eve and i have been here before, but ling time ago. What is the best place to celebrate? We are M and F both in the 40's, we like to chat with (local) people, dance

thanks
      Harry

• lizarodgon's Profile Photo

airport transfer

Miri Oct 21, 2013 at 11:55 PM

is there an airport transfer from miri airport to parkcity everly hotel in miri?
      or there is an available public transpo at the said route?

1 Answer Oct 22, 2013 at 12:27 AM
    • 4D3N kuching trip

Kuching Oct 17, 2013 at 12:22 AM

We are a group of 9 person, going to Kuching on 8/3/2014, now is looking for private guide and itinerary, any recommendation

2 Answers Oct 17, 2013 at 6:51 PM
    • Main Bazaar

Kuching Oct 6, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Can anyone tell me about the past history of Main Bazaar, please? Sharing is caring, though.

• History of Main Bazaar

Kuching Oct 5, 2013 at 11:42 PM

What is Main Bazaar history? Some examples, pls. Thank Q

1 Answer Oct 6, 2013 at 1:04 AM
    • Damai Beach

Kuching Sep 19, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Hi. What is the best way to get to Damai Beach from Sheraton Kuching? Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Sep 19, 2013 at 5:32 PM
    • Joeycw83's Profile Photo

transport to kuching city , and vegetarian restaurant

State of Sarawak Jul 3, 2013 at 7:17 PM

i will travel to kuching this nov , may i know got any transport from tune hotel waterfront to kuching city and got any vegetarian stall or vegetarian restaurant near tune hotel waterfront , thank you

5 Answers Jul 4, 2013 at 10:37 PM
    • Accomodation in Miri

Miri Jun 25, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Hi i will be starting uni at Curtin, Miri in Aug, 2013.. I would like to find a place for me to stay....near Curtin. I dont mind sharing a house with one or two others..but would prefer a room with bathroom attached.

• BourneU's Profile Photo

Immigration at Kuching

Kuching Jun 19, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Hi, i am currently on "Social Visa Visa" in KL, Malaysia. I plan to travel to Kuching next week. Do i need some sort of special pass to enter Kuching, and is there any other Immigration Stamp to be endorsed. What would be the procedure for returning back to KL ?

8 Answers Jul 1, 2013 at 12:35 AM
    • Single Traveller

Kuching Jan 23, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Hi,

I am planning on going to Kuching in July and want to book a couple of trips before i get there (so that i have something planned). Everywhere i have looked says they only take 2 person bookings.

Can anyone recommend a good private tour guide for me?. I am planning on at least visitin Bako national park and Kubah National Park whilst i am there.

2 Answers Jan 23, 2013 at 2:17 PM
    • Car Hire in Kuching

Kuching Nov 12, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Hi Can anyone please give me an e-mail address of a car hire company in Kuching? I've only been able to get hold of Mayflower and for just one day they're going to charge RM291 - expensive in any city! Otherwise it'll be public transport. Cheers

2 Answers Aug 2, 2013 at 4:41 AM
    • kentut_besar's Profile Photo

White Water Rafting in Sarawak ?

Kuching Oct 3, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Hi, I enjoyed Kayakking 11 km along Semenggoh River during my Kuching trip in July earlier this year.

My Rainforest kakis & I will be back next July 2013 & we were hoping to do White Water Rafting this time. Who the reliable White Water Rafting operators in Sarawak we could link up with ?

2nd query => we would like to go to a proper native spa to do some Sarawak specialty treatments. Any good recommendations for this & would they have a link/website we could check ?

Lastly => we would like to do a day climb up & down Mt. Santubong, maybe start in the morning & finish in the evening, along with pick-up & return to hotel. Any safe & reliable operators to recommend for this ?

Thanks in advance to all members who can assist us with these queries.

Cheers.

1 Answer Oct 3, 2012 at 1:45 PM
    • AnnabelleLee's Profile Photo

Luggage lockers in Miri airport?

Miri Oct 3, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Are there any luggage lockers in Miri airport? I've googled, but information is conflicting or incomplete.
      We want to leave some luggage behind before going into the jungles. Has anyone been in such situation?

4 Answers Nov 14, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Loagan Bunut National Park

State of Sarawak Oct 1, 2012 at 1:24 AM

I am really interested in visiting Loagan Bunut National Park, but information about it is very limited.
      Does anyone know how to get there, or better, which agencies can organise a trip?

Birdwatching in Mulu National Park?

State of Sarawak Sep 21, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Hello fellow travellers!
      Any idea if there's any chance of birdwatching in Mulu National Park? We are going there for the caves, but I am particularily interested in photographing kingfishers.
      Most of the birdwatching places seem to be located in eastern Sabah, but I don't really have time to go there, plus I am not that interested in primates and elephants most of the people go there to see, just the birds.. there must be something closer?
      So, what are the chances of stalking some birds in Sarawak?

• drjlim's Profile Photo

Airport transfers

Kuching Sep 4, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Hi! Will be arriving KCH around 10pm on Sep 8....any advice as to how to get to the city? Will be staying at Pullman Hotel.

3 Answers Oct 3, 2012 at 8:24 AM
    • Chartered Taxi

Kuching Aug 8, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Where can I contact someone because I want a chartered taxi to Serikin? How much will it cost?

1 Answer Aug 13, 2012 at 4:19 PM
    • drjlim's Profile Photo

Which hotel? Please advice..

Kuching Jun 17, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Will be in Kuching around 2nd week of Sep 2012 for a conference at the Borneo Convention Center...can anyone advice me on which hotel would be convenient to get to the convention site? I understand that there seem to be no hotel adjacent to the venue. Would prefer a hotel that is within the vicinity of shopping/restaurants and also convenient to go the the convention center, probably by taxi...is there an Intercontinental or Crowne plaza hotel?

2 Answers Jun 24, 2012 at 7:41 AM
    • What to wear

Kuching May 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Hi, I am going to Kuching in July with my Silat team and as i am from Australia i am a shorts and singlet girl though i have been told that in order not to offend people/guru i should wear less revealing clothing. Any tips on what i can get away with. Can i wear singlets? Are shorts/dresses that are just above the knee ok? Thankyou so much

3 Answers May 19, 2012 at 3:59 PM
    • syahirsson's Profile Photo

Hire transport

Kuching Apr 27, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Hello,
      I'll be in kuching next monday
      Nd some advise on where i can hire a car n driver for a day?or isit easier to juz get a taxi when im there.planning to go places like scv.
      Are there halal eating places nearby limetree hotel?

3 Answers Apr 28, 2012 at 7:00 PM
    • Need help for Kuching travel guide, Thanks!

Kuching Apr 11, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Dear all,

I will be travel to Kuching this Friday till Monday and this is my 1st time to Kuching. Therefore,I would like to get some tips from you guys for the items below

1) Hotel? (preferable near airport, budget per night 100)
      2) Tourist spots and activities? (natural and happening)
      3) Nice Local food?
      4) Things to concern when in Kuching.

I will be travelling alone and any travel buddy who would like to join me are more than welcome.

Thank you so much in advance for your helps...

• looking for good seafood in sibu

Sibu Mar 18, 2012 at 2:13 AM

our group of 10 retiree wish to visit sibu in sarawak,please helps on the following

a)any local tour company with contact.
      b) place to visit
      c) good local food
      d) place for good seafood if possible with type of fishes.

Thanks

• Taxi fares in Kuching

Kuching Mar 5, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Hello! Is taxi the best way to get around in Kuching? Should I try the public transport? I'm game for any mode of transportation!
      How much does a taxi trip cost from say Abell Hotel to Cat Museum? Do I have to bargain for a price or do they go by meter?
      Thanks!

1 Answer Feb 17, 2013 at 6:17 AM
    • Local hawker food recommendation?

Kuching Mar 5, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Hello! I'm staying at Abell Hotel, any awesome food nearby?
      I've tried Kolo Mee and Fried Kway Teow at a coffee shop beside Kapit Hotel around the corner. Any other places nearby that I can go to? Thanks!

• Bus from Bintulu to Brunei (BSB)

Bintulu Feb 24, 2012 at 5:08 AM

Where at Bintulu can i take a bus to Brunei directly?
      Or i must take it at Miri ?
      Thank you for your help.

Quy

2 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 2:15 PM
    • Sarawak national holidays

State of Sarawak Jan 7, 2012 at 5:39 AM

Hi there

I am planning a visit to Sarawak at the beginning of June, have realised there is a public holiday on the 1st and 2nd June, does anyone know if this means everything shuts down - will we still be able to visit national parks, visit restaurants etc
      Thanks