State of Rajasthan Travel Answers

change location
kevinborg's Profile Photo

Holi Festival 2013 in Jodhpur

by kevinborg Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 6:13 AM

Hey guys,

I will be in India next week and I plan to be in Jodhpur to spend the Holi Festival there. Someone told me that Jodhpur's Holi Festival celebrations are really great and authentic! But I'd like to hear some recommendations from locals and also travellers who had the opportunity to spend the Holi Festival in Jodhpur in the past.

So, can someone please tell me where is the best place to go to in Jodhpur on the day of the Holi? Are there any organised events on the day? And considering we are non-Indians do you think safety is an issue? Finally, is Holi in Jodhpur celebrated only on the 27th March? or else there'll be celebrations also on the 26thMarch and maybe the day after, like it's done in Jaipur?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Kev
Malta
Europe

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • adx's Profile Photo

Re: Holi Festival 2013 in Jodhpur

by adx Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 2:54 AM

Even events are organised on or just a day before Holi. As Jodhpur is a big city, you ask your hotel for any specific events in the close by area. Always be in your own known group while playing Holi. You will love this experience. Never join a Holi playing event when you are alone. And yes Holi will be played on 27th. It is play between 9 AM to 2 PM normally.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Mdangi's Profile Photo

Re: Holi Festival 2013 in Jodhpur

by Mdangi Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Hello Kevin,

I am sorry but I have not experienced this Holi yet, but I heard there are hotel organised the Holi celebrations in big way. Have fun!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular State of Rajasthan Travel Answer Locations