State of Rajasthan Travel Answers

change location

Planning a trip starting from jaipur ending at ahmedabad.

by quantized Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Hi, I'm have planned a trip starting at Jaipur(Coming from Delhi) and ending at Udaipur (going back from Ahmadabad) for around 8 days from 3rd to 11th march. We are 3 friends(all guys) intending to cover jaipur.jodhpur,jaisalmer and udaipur in the complete trip. My biggest concern is whether it is safe to travel at this point of time as Rajasthan is highly affected by Swine flu. And if Yes, which route is best to cover all these places and mode of transportation and accommodation. We can also think of making it a bike trip if we can have someone experienced with us and can get bikes(preferably Royal Enfield) for rent.

Thanks Satbir

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Planning a trip starting from jaipur ending at ahmedabad.

by davidjo Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Wow, you are trying top do too much in 8 days especially when you visit Jaiselmir as you will lose a day travelling in each direction unless you go overnight by bus or train. I would suggest 3 nights in the amazing fortress of Jaiselmir where you can actually find accommodation inside the fortress, take a camel trek while you are there. Udaipur is certainly worth a couple of days as well as Jaipur, i would miss out Jodhpur and possibly have an overnight in Pushkar and see the holy lake. If you decide to stick to your plan i would head for jaipur then Jodhpur where you can get an overnight train to Jaiselmir, then bus to Udaipur, bus to Ahmadabad.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

by Donna_in_India Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 4:24 AM

I agree that is too much to do in 8 days. If you continue with this plan then you can take the train from Jaipur to Udaipur, car/bus to Jodhpur, car/bus to Jaisalmer, and then overnight (train/bus) to Ahmedabad.

By doing that though I think you will be doing way too much traveling. I would definitely leave out one city depending on what you most want to see. You could skip Jaipur, Udaipur, or Jaisalmer.

Routes could be: Delhi-Udaipur-Jodhupur-Jaisalmer-Ahdmedabad or Delhi-Jaipur-Jodhpur-Udaipur-Ahmedabad or Delhi-Jaipur-Jodhpur-Jaislamer-Ahmedabad.

A reminder that there is no train between Udaipur/Jodhpur and the train is longer between Jodhpur/Jaisalmer than going by road.

Good luck with your planning!

Be the first to rate this answer!

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 4:37 AM

Your question is a bit confusing......where does the Ahmadabad part fit in? You only have 8 days- hardly enough to visit 4 cities in Rajasthan. Ahmadabad is in Gujerat, a LONG way from Udaipur.

• by quantized Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Thanks. very useful information. Probably i will drop Udaipur and route Delhi-Jaipur-Jaisalmer-Udaipur-Ahmedabad. looks good:

• by quantized Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Thanks . Will definitely try to stay at fortress of Jaiselmir. :)

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Well, if you drop Udaipur you will miss seeing the most lovely city in all of India. What is the reason for going all the way to Ahmadabad?

• jptt's Profile Photo

by jptt Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Hey ! The best route will be from Delhi to Jaipur to Jodhpur then to Jaisalmer to Udaipur and then you can go ahead to Ahemdabad. About the safety , Yes it is SAFE and im sure because i am a local citizen of jodhpur and i live there.. Ya about your bike trip that is a great idea and sounds a lot of fun... I can help you around with renting bikes or can when you are in jodhpur.. keep in touch

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular State of Rajasthan Travel Answer Locations