State of Queensland

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Queen Mary 2..city shuttle bus stop

Brisbane Dec 2, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Does anyone know where the cruise ship shuttle bus (from the Queen Mary 2) usually stops/picks up in Brisbane city

Thank you
      Geoff

more
    • I want to go to Whitehaven beach..plz help

Whitsunday Islands Dec 1, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Hi how are u
      Im now planning to travel Aus in next Feb. First my destination is here Whitsunday and going to see Whitehaven beach. I can stay in Whitsunday for only one day and I arrive in the morning around 9 45am and leave at late night to Cairns. I searched for Whitehaven beach tour and found the half day tour for it but the cruise company told me that they dont reccommend the tour on my arriving day for unsure time like delay of flight.
      So Im not sure how can I get to Whitehaven beach becuz if I cancel or change the flight, its no refundable.

Is there any other way to go Whitehaven beach from the whitsunday aiport? I tried to search any ferry to go there but I falied to find the detail info of it.
      Please help me to plan this trip asap.
      Thank you so much

more
    • esk antquie shop

Esk 14 hours ago

could anyone please advise me the phone number of the esk antquie centre located on the main road near highland street? or does anyone know their trading hours?

more
    • esk antquie shop

Esk 14 hours ago

could anyone please advise me the phone number of the esk antquie centre located on the main road near highland street? or does anyone know their trading hours?

3 Answers 13 hours ago
    • Queen Mary 2..city shuttle bus stop

Brisbane Dec 2, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Does anyone know where the cruise ship shuttle bus (from the Queen Mary 2) usually stops/picks up in Brisbane city

Thank you
      Geoff

2 Answers Dec 4, 2014 at 1:38 AM
    • I want to go to Whitehaven beach..plz help

Whitsunday Islands Dec 1, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Hi how are u
      Im now planning to travel Aus in next Feb. First my destination is here Whitsunday and going to see Whitehaven beach. I can stay in Whitsunday for only one day and I arrive in the morning around 9 45am and leave at late night to Cairns. I searched for Whitehaven beach tour and found the half day tour for it but the cruise company told me that they dont reccommend the tour on my arriving day for unsure time like delay of flight.
      So Im not sure how can I get to Whitehaven beach becuz if I cancel or change the flight, its no refundable.

Is there any other way to go Whitehaven beach from the whitsunday aiport? I tried to search any ferry to go there but I falied to find the detail info of it.
      Please help me to plan this trip asap.
      Thank you so much

• How do I get around town on a budget?

Port Douglas Oct 19, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Hi there, just got here and am staying at the Ramada resort, it's a little out of town and I don't have a car.
      What's the best way to get around that isn't too expensive, and same goes for what should I do/see while I'm here?

2 Answers Oct 20, 2014 at 6:29 AM
    • ohaqilahla's Profile Photo

Rent a car or travel in public transport?

Gold Coast Oct 12, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Hi!

I'm travelling with my sister next week to Gold Coast for 6 days. We are still thinking if renting a car or taking public transport would be cheaper. Need some advice as this is our first time travelling to Gold Coast. Below are our rough itinerary for the 6 days.

Day 1: Sea World
      Day 2: Movie World
      Day 3: Dream World
      Day 4: Mount Tamborine / Byron Bay
      Day 5: Hot Air Balloon / Wildlife Park (Transfer included in the package)
      Day 6: Carrara Market / Pacific Fair / Harbour Town (Basically Shopping)

Hope this forum can help us clear our doubts. :)

Thank you!

8 Answers Oct 18, 2014 at 7:42 AM
    • snorkeling to outer reef with small group tour and camera suggestion please

Cairns Oct 11, 2014 at 5:03 AM

I'm going to Cairns in the beginning of December 2014. And i plan to do 2 days of outer reef (not consecutive, Sat and Mon). I've searched online and there are so many tours to choose from and everyone kind of says their tour is good so i guess its all good depends on what kind you want the most. I've got 2 questions here

1. Im looking for a snorkeling tour to the outer reef with a not too big group, less than 50 passengers maybe with good crew members that will take the photos of passengers underwater and sell the files at the end of the trip cuz i kind of want my photos underwater with the Wally and the turtle. Its ok if its expensive as long as its reasonable and worth it. I've read about Seastar and Osprey V and they've got good reviews. What would u you suggest?

2. I'm also gonna rent a camera too so maybe i can do selfie with those fish probably Canon G15 or G16, has anyone used it? I've done a lot of snorkeling and few scuba diving in Thailand but i've never used a camera underwater before. What camera would u say suit the person with a lot of experience of snorkeling but 1st time of being an underwater photographer?
      Thank you in advance!

8 Answers Nov 3, 2014 at 12:15 AM
    • Airport transfers

Brisbane Oct 6, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Hi was wondering what is the best way to travel from airport to southbank at 7 in the morning is there trains or is it better in a taxie for 2 people and roughly how much would it be thanks

5 Answers Oct 7, 2014 at 6:27 AM
    • 2 days of Snorkeling, 1 day of going to the forest, sounds like a good plan?

Cairns Oct 6, 2014 at 4:53 AM

I will be working in Melbourne in December,  first time in Australia and don’t know when I will have a chance to visit again. I plan to fly to Cairns alone at the beginning of Dec, luckily Jetstar and TigerAir have got some low price flights availalble. I will get to Cairns airport around Friday afternoon and go back to Melbourne on Tuesday morning, 3 and a half day in total there. Since I plan to spend New Years in Sydney so I have to save money for it too, not planning to spend it on expensive stuffs.

I really love snorkelling, i've done a lot of snorkelling and few dives of scuba diving in Thailand. My main goal is to do snorkelling at Great barrier reef so my plan is 2 days of outer reefs and 1 day of forest visit.

Day 1- arrive in Cairns in the afternoon, then walking around the city, esplanade and lagoon, etc. Do you have any recommendation on nice hostel that is close to the city and also the Marlin warfe which I can just walk to the pier on the morning of snorkeling so I don’t have to pay for the pick up?  I have searched online someone recommends YHA central Cairns and Gilligans’ hostel which look good on the website. Is it good? Is there any other nice hostel  apart from these two that you’ve been?

Day 2 & 4- snorkeling at the outer reefs GBR, I’ve looked online and there are lots of companies to choose from. Since im going alone, I wont have so many photos of myself. I kind of want photos of myself underwater with the fish, and the turtle if im lucky enough to see one. Do you have any company to recommend that would take photos like that? And do I need the underwater camera cuz I see that they would charge around 70 AUD more? And do I need to rent a wet suit cuz I heard there are more stingers in Dec? Is quicksilvers good? I’m gonna book online before its full.

Day 3-  see more of Cairns apart from GBR , between Kuranda rainforest and Cape Tribulation, which one should I choose? Im not really into going to the forest but since people talk about it, I think I might need to go. And any travel agency that I can go with you’d recommend?

A lot of questions, but since it might be my only time in Oz, I don’t wanna regret this and I’m a female going alone, I’m pretty nervous!

Thanks in advance!

17 Answers Oct 8, 2014 at 8:17 PM
    • 2 days of Snorkeling, 1 day of going to the forest, sounds like a good plan?

Cairns Oct 6, 2014 at 4:53 AM

I will be working in Melbourne in December,  first time in Australia and don’t know when I will have a chance to visit again. I plan to fly to Cairns alone at the beginning of Dec, luckily Jetstar and TigerAir have got some low price flights availalble. I will get to Cairns airport around Friday afternoon and go back to Melbourne on Tuesday morning, 3 and a half day in total there. Since I plan to spend New Years in Sydney so I have to save money for it too, not planning to spend it on expensive stuffs.

I really love snorkelling, i've done a lot of snorkelling and few dives of scuba diving in Thailand. My main goal is to do snorkelling at Great barrier reef so my plan is 2 days of outer reefs and 1 day of forest visit.

Day 1- arrive in Cairns in the afternoon, then walking around the city, esplanade and lagoon, etc. Do you have any recommendation on nice hostel that is close to the city and also the Marlin warfe which I can just walk to the pier on the morning of snorkeling so I don’t have to pay for the pick up?  I have searched online someone recommends YHA central Cairns and Gilligans’ hostel which look good on the website. Is it good? Is there any other nice hostel  apart from these two that you’ve been?

Day 2 & 4- snorkeling at the outer reefs GBR, I’ve looked online and there are lots of companies to choose from. Since im going alone, I wont have so many photos of myself. I kind of want photos of myself underwater with the fish, and the turtle if im lucky enough to see one. Do you have any company to recommend that would take photos like that? And do I need the underwater camera cuz I see that they would charge around 70 AUD more? And do I need to rent a wet suit cuz I heard there are more stingers in Dec? Is quicksilvers good? I’m gonna book online before its full.

Day 3-  see more of Cairns apart from GBR , between Kuranda rainforest and Cape Tribulation, which one should I choose? Im not really into going to the forest but since people talk about it, I think I might need to go. And any travel agency that I can go with you’d recommend?

A lot of questions, but since it might be my only time in Oz, I don’t wanna regret this and I’m a female going alone, I’m pretty nervous!

Thanks in advance!

1 Answer Oct 6, 2014 at 6:07 AM
    • one day in Cairns for snorkelling, worth it?

Cairns Oct 4, 2014 at 11:38 AM

I will be working in Melbourne for one month in December and i will only have time to go to Cairns during the weekend. So im thinking of travelling to Cains during the first weekend when it doesnt rain that much yet, catching a flight to Cairns on Friday evening, and go for a one day trip for snorkelling on Saturday, leaving back to Melbourne on Sunday. Where is the best Snorkeling site to go? Is it Green islands? Any other place you'd recommend? I'm on a bit of budget too. But Great barrier reef has been one of my dream for a long time.

4 Answers Oct 6, 2014 at 3:06 AM
    • Entry fee?

Surfers Paradise Oct 2, 2014 at 7:07 PM

What is the general entry fee cost of the clubs in surfers?

1 Answer Oct 3, 2014 at 3:00 AM
    • Hamilton or Hayman Island & Snorkeling

Whitsunday Islands Oct 2, 2014 at 3:05 PM

We are planning on staying in the Whitsunday Islands from November 5-8, 2014 as part of our honeymoon trip in Australia. We are considering one night on Hamilton Island and two nights at One & Only Hayman Island, but not sure if this is too rushed? Does anyone have any suggestions on what's the best place to stay?

We are interested in visiting Whitehaven Beach and snorkeling! What are the best places to snorkel (I heard Reefworld is expensive and overrated?) and any recommendations of companies to book with? Is it better to book ahead of time or when we arrive?

2 Answers Oct 3, 2014 at 5:52 AM
    • caravan park

Cooktown Sep 29, 2014 at 1:55 AM

what is a good caravan park to stay in

• Fast transfer Airport to Marina

Hamilton Island Sep 18, 2014 at 9:40 PM

We have a bareboat charter starting at Hamilton Island Marina and it's going to be tight time-wise once we land at just after Mid-day. What is the fastest way to get from the Airport to the Marina.
      John

2 Answers Sep 26, 2014 at 5:06 PM
    • bongsa16's Profile Photo

DFO shop near airport

Brisbane Sep 10, 2014 at 6:33 PM

I am a Singaporean going to Auckland on Etihad airlines. I will transit in BNE for 5.5 hours.

if I intend to go DFO shop, is it good and really worth going with this time given?

do I need a visa, and do I have to clear immigration in and out.
      how about my carry on luggage?
      Please help, travelling with 2 seniors and 3 teenagers

5 Answers Sep 10, 2014 at 8:22 PM
    • TravelingSue's Profile Photo

Shopping & Must See Places

Cairns Aug 28, 2014 at 6:31 AM

Will be in Cairns for a couple days. Where is the best place to shop and what are the "must sees" besides Great Barrier Reef? Thanks for the info.

2 Answers Aug 28, 2014 at 2:31 PM
    • TravelingSue's Profile Photo

Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary

Brisbane Aug 27, 2014 at 10:36 PM

How is the best way to get to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. One book said Lone Pine Cruises depart from Hayles Wharf @1:15pm daily. Can you take another ferry instead of this one. Also where is the best shopping area in Brisbane. Thanks for the info. We only have 1 1/2 days in Brisbane so am deciding what is the best thing to do with that limited time.

5 Answers Aug 27, 2014 at 11:41 PM
    • Caravans at Tamby Hotel, Mitchell

Mitchell Aug 24, 2014 at 3:01 AM

Does Tamby Hotel still offer free camping for caravans?

• Gold Coast Holiday

Gold Coast Aug 22, 2014 at 2:34 AM

Hi,

We are heading to Gold Coast in a two weeks with our two kids and staying here -
      goldcoastluxuryresorts.com.a...

Want to know all the places and things to do around here with two toddlers!

Thanks

5 Answers Aug 23, 2014 at 11:46 AM
    • Hostel and transport

Gold Coast Aug 20, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Hi guys. My friend and I will be travelling to gold coast in this coming september for 3 days. Trying to search for suitable accommodation, but I have no idea which area should we stay.
      Here is our schedule: warner bro, white water world, dracula haunted house and wet n wild. We would like to visit some nice beaches as well.
      Can anyone please kindly enlighten me about which area is the best so we dont have to spend so much time on travelling?
      Another question, is there anything like travel pass in gold coast? How does the public transport work?

Sorry for asking so much. Thanks in advanced guys! :))))

1 Answer Aug 21, 2014 at 7:00 AM
    • How to get around the Gold Coast

Gold Coast Aug 17, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Hi, i was wondering what the easiest and cheapest way to get around the gold coast as we plan to go to theme parks and maybe other attractions, have been advised cars arent worth while and have taken that into account, we are staying at Breakfree Beachpoint and will be arriving at Coolangatta airport and departing from Brisbane, will be in the gold coast for 6 days and 5 nights? i really need some help, would be very apprectiated. Thanks guys!

1 Answer Aug 17, 2014 at 11:16 PM
    • Visit Whitsunday Islands in April 1st week?

Whitsunday Islands Aug 13, 2014 at 1:56 PM

I am planning to visit Australia in March with my family. We plan to visit Whitsunday islands around 1st week of April.With 2 toddlers (age 2) is that a good time to visit the island, considering the temperature and jellyfishes ?
      I do not want to spoil my trip by experiencing rain, which would prevent me from going out in the sea!

1 Answer Aug 14, 2014 at 4:11 AM
    • Best snorkelling off of Cairns

Cairns Aug 7, 2014 at 10:15 AM

My husband and I have been lucky enough to snorkell all over the world, so there is a lot to live up to. There are lots of reviews and companies but not many spectacular photos making me a bit doubtful. Can anyone recommend a site that has not been damaged and has vibrant coral and beautiful colourful fish and maybe a turtle if two?
      Any help would be much appreciated. We will be arriving late October.
      Thanks.

1 Answer Aug 8, 2014 at 2:16 AM
    • yorkeys knob to palm cove

Yorkeys Knob Aug 6, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Our cruise ship tenders into Yorkeys Knob. We have already done the skyrail, daintree, and GBR while staying in Port Douglas on a previous trip to Australia. We were thinking of just spending the day in Palm Cove. Does Sunbus have transportation from Yorkey to Palm cove? If not, would we need a taxi? How is the availability of taxis and cost? Any other idea for the day-- Green Island??
      thanks

• AdelaideW's Profile Photo

2WD only - is it possible?

Cape York Aug 5, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Is there no highway to Cape York? I only have a 2WD that is fairly new. Am travelling there November/December

10 Answers Aug 6, 2014 at 6:24 PM
    • Van_Derek's Profile Photo

booking accomodation

Gold Coast Aug 5, 2014 at 12:56 AM

where can I book my holiday

1 Answer Aug 5, 2014 at 5:23 AM
    • Strangler Fig

Bunya Mountains Aug 3, 2014 at 6:40 PM

What walking trail is the Strangler Fig tree on?

2 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 7:45 PM
    • Need help for Gold Coast!!!

Gold Coast Aug 2, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Hi,

I'll be coming gold coast in mid aug! It's my first time here, but I'm really clueless on where we shall go.

First, we're not into theme park and water sports. Just saw a Lillydale farm stay, are we are really interested. But we have no idea how to go there, as we don't drive. Is there any public transport we can take or something?

We're also looking at Moreton island for its wild dolphin and sand tobogganing. But we have no idea how to go to Brisbane, and the same goes for Sunshine Coast. Is there any public transport that can takes us there, or are we too ambitious for it?

Is there anybody who could advise us or recommend any special attractions other than the theme parks/ water world?

Thanks! :)

3 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 12:45 AM
    • Quartz/stone mobiles

Port Douglas Aug 1, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Last year i purchased some cut quartz (stone) mobiles. is it possible to purchase these online?

1 Answer Aug 1, 2014 at 8:54 PM
    • Tepanyaki Resturant

Cairns Jul 31, 2014 at 9:55 PM

does anyone know of a good tepanyaki resturant in cairns

1 Answer Aug 2, 2014 at 12:50 AM