change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

Best rail station

Gold Coast Mar 30, 2014 at 11:54 PM

A friend is staying at Fingal Heads south of Tweed. They want to catch the train to the Brisbane airport.Which would would be the best train station for them to use.
      Thanks guys in advance

more
    • bus phone number

Hamilton Island 19 hours ago

Hi

What is the phone number for us getting a bus from hamilton island airport to the marina

Regards

Michele

more
    • Living in Port Douglas

Port Douglas Yesterday

Hi, there is a possibility myself and my family will be moving to Port Douglas. I will start by saying it looks stunningly beautiful there. My concern is the wildlife - crocodiles, snakes etc? May sound far fetched - sorry, but where I will be coming from we have no crocodiles, tree snakes etc. Can I expect to see a lot of crocodiles, snakes, frogs etc? and will I see any or many in my house / yard?

more
    • Driving/staying on Fraser Island

Fraser Island Mar 27, 2014 at 8:53 AM

My husband, 3 children and I will be travelling to Queensland in November and would like to go to Fraser Island. We will have a rental car and will be staying on the Sunshine Coast (possibly in Noosa). Can we take our rental car to the island or are we better to walk on the ferry or take an organized tour? Not sure if we should go just for the day or stay overnight? Appreciative of any advice! Thanks!

more
    • Usctwin's Profile Photo

Daintree Rainforest Visit with a 1 year old

State of Queensland Apr 2, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Hi VTers!

I have been doing a lot of reading on the Daintree Rainforest. Little did I know that there are so many different areas to explore! It seems like these all offers different things to see in the rainforest, but my main concern is that we will have a 1 year old with us. I am trying to determine if there is an area that will be easier for us to visit with him. We will most likely have to carry him. As much as we would like to do a hike through the rainforest, I don't think that will be possible, but we would definitely like to see as much of the environment as we can.

Cape Tribulation has caught our eye, but the Daintree Discovery Centre and Mossman Gorge Center also sound like they provide good options for traveling with a young child.

We will have a rental car 4WD. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much, Kimberly

more
    • About Toll Charges in Queensland

State of Queensland Apr 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Is anyone able to advice me on the toll charges in Queensland?
      Will be renting vehicle from Brisbane Airport > Gold Coast (Day 1)
      And from Gold Coast > Sunshine Coast (Day 7)
      Sunshine Coast > Brisbane Airport (Day 10)

As I am comparing 2 car rental pricing.
      AUD837 (Toll charges to be charge direct to my credit card) vs AUD1,037 (inclusive Toll Charges)
      Which deal is a better offer with all other criteria the same.

more
    • Sunshine Coast

State of Queensland Mar 23, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Dear friends,
      Seriously need some help on Sunshine Coast total 4 adults (1 elderly age 68) & 2 childrens (age 6 & 4).
      Will be checking out from Gold coast (Tue) to Sunshine coast (2hrs journey) and tentatively staying in Caloundra area.
      Few destination in mind, but at a lost on how to plan the route. 3.5 full days in Sunshine coast.
      1) Australia Zoo (1/2 day enough?)
      2) Glass house mountain (1/2 day enough?)
      3) Fraser Island day tour (Which tour agency is recommended? But seems like alot of time will be spend on travelling as Caloundra is quite far out from Fraser Island). So might not go ahead with Fraser Island.
      4) Ginger Factory (1/2 day enough?)
      5) Blackall range
      6) King's Beach (1/2 day enough?)
      7) Eumundi Market (Wednesday AM), where to proceed next from Eumundi market?
      8) Any wineyard to recommend and is it harvesting season in early May?
      9) Noosa (What is recommended there?)
      Will be checking out on saturday early morning to catch a flight in Brisbane back to my home town.
      Therefore, would appreciate all your kind assistant on helping me to plan these few days itinernary so that I don't have to travel up and down aimlessly.
      p/s : I have already rent a car thoughout my journey from 10 days journey.
      Thank you all in advance :)

more
    • bus phone number

Hamilton Island 19 hours ago

Hi

What is the phone number for us getting a bus from hamilton island airport to the marina

Regards

Michele

2 Answers 19 hours ago
    • Living in Port Douglas

Port Douglas Yesterday

Hi, there is a possibility myself and my family will be moving to Port Douglas. I will start by saying it looks stunningly beautiful there. My concern is the wildlife - crocodiles, snakes etc? May sound far fetched - sorry, but where I will be coming from we have no crocodiles, tree snakes etc. Can I expect to see a lot of crocodiles, snakes, frogs etc? and will I see any or many in my house / yard?

2 Answers 6 hours ago
    • About Toll Charges in Queensland

State of Queensland Apr 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Is anyone able to advice me on the toll charges in Queensland?
      Will be renting vehicle from Brisbane Airport > Gold Coast (Day 1)
      And from Gold Coast > Sunshine Coast (Day 7)
      Sunshine Coast > Brisbane Airport (Day 10)

As I am comparing 2 car rental pricing.
      AUD837 (Toll charges to be charge direct to my credit card) vs AUD1,037 (inclusive Toll Charges)
      Which deal is a better offer with all other criteria the same.

5 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 10:55 PM
    • Usctwin's Profile Photo

Daintree Rainforest Visit with a 1 year old

State of Queensland Apr 2, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Hi VTers!

I have been doing a lot of reading on the Daintree Rainforest. Little did I know that there are so many different areas to explore! It seems like these all offers different things to see in the rainforest, but my main concern is that we will have a 1 year old with us. I am trying to determine if there is an area that will be easier for us to visit with him. We will most likely have to carry him. As much as we would like to do a hike through the rainforest, I don't think that will be possible, but we would definitely like to see as much of the environment as we can.

Cape Tribulation has caught our eye, but the Daintree Discovery Centre and Mossman Gorge Center also sound like they provide good options for traveling with a young child.

We will have a rental car 4WD. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much, Kimberly

5 Answers Apr 2, 2014 at 6:23 PM
    • wise23girl's Profile Photo

Best rail station

Gold Coast Mar 30, 2014 at 11:54 PM

A friend is staying at Fingal Heads south of Tweed. They want to catch the train to the Brisbane airport.Which would would be the best train station for them to use.
      Thanks guys in advance

1 Answer Mar 31, 2014 at 12:52 AM
    • Driving/staying on Fraser Island

Fraser Island Mar 27, 2014 at 8:53 AM

My husband, 3 children and I will be travelling to Queensland in November and would like to go to Fraser Island. We will have a rental car and will be staying on the Sunshine Coast (possibly in Noosa). Can we take our rental car to the island or are we better to walk on the ferry or take an organized tour? Not sure if we should go just for the day or stay overnight? Appreciative of any advice! Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 5:41 PM
    • Sunshine Coast

State of Queensland Mar 23, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Dear friends,
      Seriously need some help on Sunshine Coast total 4 adults (1 elderly age 68) & 2 childrens (age 6 & 4).
      Will be checking out from Gold coast (Tue) to Sunshine coast (2hrs journey) and tentatively staying in Caloundra area.
      Few destination in mind, but at a lost on how to plan the route. 3.5 full days in Sunshine coast.
      1) Australia Zoo (1/2 day enough?)
      2) Glass house mountain (1/2 day enough?)
      3) Fraser Island day tour (Which tour agency is recommended? But seems like alot of time will be spend on travelling as Caloundra is quite far out from Fraser Island). So might not go ahead with Fraser Island.
      4) Ginger Factory (1/2 day enough?)
      5) Blackall range
      6) King's Beach (1/2 day enough?)
      7) Eumundi Market (Wednesday AM), where to proceed next from Eumundi market?
      8) Any wineyard to recommend and is it harvesting season in early May?
      9) Noosa (What is recommended there?)
      Will be checking out on saturday early morning to catch a flight in Brisbane back to my home town.
      Therefore, would appreciate all your kind assistant on helping me to plan these few days itinernary so that I don't have to travel up and down aimlessly.
      p/s : I have already rent a car thoughout my journey from 10 days journey.
      Thank you all in advance :)

8 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 8:39 PM
    • budget and activities .

Cairns Mar 15, 2014 at 5:55 PM

what should be the budget and activities for 5 day 4 night trip???

7 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 11:46 PM
    • doraem66's Profile Photo

Davies market or Brunswick St Market

Brisbane Mar 15, 2014 at 11:30 AM

I have limited time and can only choose one, which market is more worth going?
      Thank you.

6 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 2:07 AM

Parking in Brunswick Street Market

Brisbane Mar 15, 2014 at 12:34 AM

Is it easy to find parking in Brunswick Street?
      How much is the parking rate?
      I will be staying near Barrack museum, not sure is a good idea to drive or take public transport there...

Thank you.

2 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 9:21 AM
    • dlfrausto's Profile Photo

Commuting between Main Beach/Gold Coast and Brisbane

Gold Coast Feb 28, 2014 at 12:05 PM

We will be staying at the Sheraton Mirage in Main Beach but over 4 days needing to go up and back to Brisbane for meetings/dinner etc. We like to use public transit where possible but wondering if we should rent a car this time. How is the drive in the morning or at night? Will the rail work? Thank you!

7 Answers Feb 28, 2014 at 6:06 PM
    • free photo opportunities in Brisbane -- help with my list

Brisbane Feb 26, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Am visiting 5 days mid March, using public transportation;
      Want to take pictures of shopping, dining, attractions,
      culture, diversity, daily life, economy, recreation, etc.
      Any additions, advice, or corrections appreciated!!:

1. New Farm Park, beautiful park on the river's edge
      2. Queensland Museum & Sciencentre, Hands on encounters
      3. Mt Coot-tha Lookout, Breathtaking views of Brisbane & Moreton Bay
      4. City Botanic Gardens, 10-minute walk from Queen St Mall in CBD
      5. Brisbane Square Library, new Brisbane City Council library at end of Queen Street Mall, in Brisbane Square
      6. Window shopping Queen Street Mall
      7. Albert Street Literary Walk
      8. Museum of Brisbane
      9. Roma Street Parklands, world's largest subtropical garden in a city centre
      10. Wickham Terrace at Spring Hill, oldest surviving building in Brisbane - the Old Windmill
      11. free concert at Customs House by UQ School of Music every Sunday
      12. Brisbane City Hall Visitor Experience Centre
      13. Southbank: Parklands, riverfront Promenade, 1km long Grand Arbour, Streets Beach, galleries, museums
      14. South Bank Lifestyle Markets: Friday, Saturday, Sunday
      15. suburb: New Farm Park cricket, football, Powerhouse Arts Centre
      16. suburb: People-watch in The Valley (Fortitude Valley) - entertainment precinct
      17. Valley Markets: Brunswick St Mall, ChinaTown Mall, Brunswick Street, FortitudeValley - Sat-Sun 8A-4P
      18. Kangaroo Point boats on river, abseilers & rock climbers on cliffs, bike ride base of cliffs for city views
      19. suburb: Paddington Antique Centre in historic Plaza Theatre
      20. suburb: Rocks Riverside Park in Seventeen Mile Rocks
      21. suburb: Wynnum Wading Pool
      22. Davies Park West End Markets Sat 6A-2P
      23. Riverside at the Pier Markets Sunday 7A-3P at Eagle Street Pier
      24. ?
      25. ?

6 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 4:12 AM
    • Best weather

Port Douglas Feb 23, 2014 at 3:18 AM

I'm planning a cruise to the islands around port douglas some time this year. I want to know what the weather is like.
      I'd like it to be up to 25 during the day but would like the nights to be a bit warm to. Any suggestions as to which month is good. Thanks Nina

1 Answer Feb 24, 2014 at 8:59 AM
    • Owk.luvtravelbug's Profile Photo

1st time renting a car for transport in Brisbane & Gold Coast, need advices for car insurances.

Gold Coast Feb 21, 2014 at 6:19 PM

I book a car from Avis car rental company for 7days. First time free & easy to Brisbane & Gold coast in early June. Been reading about excess reduction insurance, one vehicle accident, etc. Can someone give advices what type of car insurance should I get & which company should I get it from? I be getting just the basic travel insurance in Singapore.

Thank you.

4 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 11:19 PM
    • Airlie beach, Port Douglas from 23 of april to 2 of mai. Crowded?

Whitsunday Islands Feb 21, 2014 at 12:59 AM

We want to fly from Brisbane to Whitsundays the 23 of april. I have read some posts that Airlie beach is the cheapest and best place to stay to get around the islands. Is it holiday in Australia these dates? Will we need to be booking any room in advanced? How many days are needed in Whitsundays and Port Douglas? Where is it most fun? We are 25yo.

10 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 7:04 AM
    • ground clearance

Moreton Island Feb 18, 2014 at 12:23 AM

can any one inform me of the recommended ride height required for a 4x4 on Moreton island, I have just purchased an Isuzu mux and want to have it set up for beach and island driving (Moreton and Frazer). as you can tell I am new to driving a 4x4. thank you in advance for your responses.

1 Answer Feb 18, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Springbrook worth going?

Gold Coast Feb 11, 2014 at 9:03 AM

I have 7 full days in GC. Will be spending 2 days in Brisbane, and left 5 full days in GC.
      Not sure if I need to add in Springbrook to my itinerary on the day 4 and remove my drive to NSW.
      How long do I need for springbrook? Do I have sufficient time to touch on to tweed head and Byron bay after that?
      Can someone please advise?

Activities in Gold coast:
      Day 1 (Sun) : Carrara Market, Check in accommodation, Jet Boat ride, Beach front market.
      Day 2 (Mon) : Movie world, wet n wild.
      Day 3 (Tue) : Full day tour (includes Mt Tamborine, Lamington National Park, O'Reily Rainforest)
      Day 4 (Wed) : Bangalow, Lismore, Nimbin, Byron Bay, Tweed Head, Coolangatta
      Day 5 (Thu) : Sea World, Robina Town Centre
      Day 6: Back home

Thank you!!!

4 Answers Feb 15, 2014 at 3:49 PM
    • Conference for 100

Cairns Feb 10, 2014 at 5:26 PM

What is the best value for money venue to hold a conference for approx. 100 people in cairns and port douglas ?

3 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 1:43 AM

Will I pass by any toll from Gold Coast airport to Brisbane?

Gold Coast Feb 6, 2014 at 10:02 PM

I Will be renting a car form Gold Coast airport and will drive to Brisbane (sheriff street), will I pass by any toll road?
      Thank you.

3 Answers Feb 6, 2014 at 11:50 PM
    • Where to stay in the city?

Surfers Paradise Feb 6, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Where is the best place to stay if you want to be in and amongst the nightlife of surfers p?

2 Answers Feb 6, 2014 at 10:13 PM
    • london calling.....

Surfers Paradise Feb 4, 2014 at 5:12 PM

hi all.me and a friend visiting oz for 1 month next week.have 5 days in syd booked but was hoping to fly up to byron and gold coast before returning to syd for flight home.

defo wanted to visit byron at some point,just wanted advice how to plan said route i.e is pre booking hotels a must? can we walk in on day in said areas this time of year?

i should mention we are male late twentys looking to generally chill out/surf drink and party!..

thanks in advance

18 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 11:12 PM
    • Is there car park in Port Of Brisbane

Brisbane Jan 31, 2014 at 1:02 AM

I am planning to do the day cruise tour to Moreton island. I wan wondering if there is car parking facility in or around Port Of Brisbane? Also how much does it cost to park car for whole day?

Thanks,
      Ashley

9 Answers Feb 1, 2014 at 9:59 AM
    • 10 nights in Cairns

Cairns Jan 29, 2014 at 5:00 AM

Hello, My husband and I will be hiring a car and spending 10 nights in Cairns. Would appreciate any advice on best sites outside of Cairns, to visit in a short time, Have heard of a waterfall route, any suggestions, would like to take a ride on the Kuranda railway, should we take an organised tour or do it independently. We are happy to get off the beaten track and explore. We have already booked our accommodation, will be there in June.
      Thanks

4 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 1:30 AM
    • Contact Details

State of Queensland Jan 28, 2014 at 6:36 PM

I have read the article about Taromeo Camp Ovens at Benarkin, Queensland, however there are no contact details for the venue.
      Can you help me please?

2 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 8:34 PM
    • Advice on Transport and Itinerary for 1st time travel to Gold Coast

Gold Coast Jan 20, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Hi all,
      I am planning a 10 days trip to Gold Coast in early July with my family of 4 adults and 2 children (6 & 7 years) where some of us are going for the Gold Coast Marathon at the same time. As this is our first time there, we needed help with deciding on the type of transport and itinerary.
      I will be heading to a farm stay for 3 days at Clandulla Cottage first before heading down to Surfer's Paradise. Thinking of renting a car (never done that before). Not sure if it is wise to rent for all 10 days of the trip or just for the first 4 days and to take taxi/bus when we are Surfer's Paradise. Any recommendation?

Does the taxi in GC take in 6 pax or do we have to split to 2 taxis if we are to move around?
      If we rent the car, is parking in Surfer's Paradise expensive? Say, parking overnight at the hotel or nearby Hotel etc. We will be at the Grand Chancellor hotel, any recommendation on parking?

With regards to itinerary, any recommendation? Also if there's anything we could do while we travel from the farm to our hotel?

Many thanks! :)

Cheers,
      Gilli

4 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 12:50 AM
    • Activities for families/kids and recommendation for dinner

Hamilton Island Jan 19, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Afternoon - i am travelling with my partner, children, their partners and their kids for a 60th birthday surprise holiday on HI (total of 6 adults and 5 children ages 4 1/2 ti 11 yrs). I would like to know what activities we can do with the kids that are not going to cost me a small fortune. I would also like a recommendation for the 60th birthday dinner we will be having on the 26/1. Any adv would be appreciated.

1 Answer Jan 23, 2014 at 1:30 AM
    • transport from cruise terminal

Brisbane Jan 18, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Would like to take ferry to Stradboke Island from cruise ship. How can I do this? Is it advisable to do tour instead?

3 Answers Jan 18, 2014 at 7:49 PM
    • I'm afraid of snakes

Brisbane Jan 18, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Maybe I'm shifting to Brisbane and I'm very scared of snakes I've seen them but only in zoos I live in UAE so there is not danger of snakes and my question is what should I do if I see a snake?

11 Answers Jan 19, 2014 at 9:16 PM
    • Under 21 Gold Coast Car Rental

Gold Coast Jan 18, 2014 at 2:57 AM

Hi, has anyone used Jacks rent a car on the Gold Coast?(http://www.jacksrentacar.com.au/). I am looking at hiring a car for a few days whilst I am there. I am 19 and fully licensed, there are not many companies that hire to under 21 year olds. This company has quoted the best price and has full insurance.

I cant seem to find many reviews of this company online, If anyone has used this company, or can recommend another company, your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Chris

1 Answer Feb 25, 2014 at 8:14 PM
    • Kat_Blu13's Profile Photo

What are the best hostels in Cairns?

Cairns Jan 17, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Will be in Cairns from late june and july... looking for somewhere lively and centrally located? We will be celebrating my friends 21st so looking for a good hostel and a good night out.

2 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 1:43 AM