Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular State of Orissa Travel Answer Locations

• hugobaur's Profile Photo

Tribal Tour Odisha

State of Orissa Jan 21, 2014 at 12:29 PM

I would like to tour the tribal areas of southern Odisha (Orissa). Has anyone been there recently? Could you recommend a tour operator or guide for such a trip? Thank you very much for your help!

4 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 8:03 PM
    • Travel alone in Orissa

State of Orissa Dec 30, 2012 at 9:03 AM

I would like to live a month in Orissa traveling across the state with an intent to spend time with the natives preferably in the villages living their life, eating their food and spending time with them. I wish to do it alone. I plan to arrive at Bhubneshwar and take a local bus to alight in any small village I find on the way. Will carry my tent and backpack. Is this safe? I am advised by some of my friends otherwise. I do not know the local language (that is one reason I chose Orissa). I am a Tamil Hindu presently living in Hubli, Karnataka. I am a man aged 45. Can someone suggest a travel route within Orissa for me please? I do not wish to visit any popular places such as Puri, Konark etc.

1 Answer Jan 3, 2013 at 7:26 AM
    • veg food in bhubaneshwar

State of Orissa Apr 22, 2011 at 9:43 PM

wht veg foods are available here?whr can be found n what wbt the price?what is the famous food item of bhubaneshwar?

• transportation from Bhubaneswar

Puri Jul 28, 2010 at 9:10 AM

How can we, a 21 membered team, 5 of which are senior citizens, reach puri by road either from Bhubaneswar or from Khurda Road ?
      What it will cost?
      What will be the better option - train or car/bus?
      We will reach Bhubaneswar at 3.15am.
      Pls suggest.

2 Answers Jul 30, 2010 at 7:23 PM
    • Road Travel

State of Orissa Aug 14, 2007 at 11:59 PM

Hi!
      I plan to drive down to Bhuvaneswar from Kolkata with my family. How are the roads from the Bengal Border onwards? Any idea of the toll charges? How long should it take from Kolkata? Should I take a break in Balasore? What are the things to avoid? In case anybody has taken this route, 1st hand experience sharing would be welcome.

Based in Bhubaneswar I want to go to Puri, Koanrk, chilka, etc. Where can I get a good itenary?. I have 7 days.
      Thanks.

• jueny's Profile Photo

accomodation

State of Orissa Dec 2, 2006 at 3:32 AM

Can you please help me book accomodation in bhubaneswar, orissa. I will be there from the 25th December till the 30th December and need a place to stay.
      Somewhere mid range, hot water, clean toilet would be great! Please help. thanks!!

cheerios,
      jueny

3 Answers Dec 7, 2006 at 2:21 AM
    • Solar2000's Profile Photo

Looking for Teakwondo - Adademie "SRI NRSIMHA"

Puri Jun 6, 2006 at 6:32 PM

Hi,

do somebody know an address and / or phone - no. or email of Lutz Linke Teakwondo School in Puri, India?

Thank you for your hints!

Uwe !

• gyllberta's Profile Photo

tribes in orissa

State of Orissa Feb 16, 2006 at 7:43 AM

hi everyone, in two weeks I'm heading for india. SInce I'll be there for quite some time, I was thinking of visiting more remote areas as well. I've always been interested in tribes and indegenous people, so orissa seems like a perfect choice for me...But I have some doubts. Do I have to get a permitt for going there? Do I need a guide? Or even better, is there some kind of volunteer/observational type of work? what would the price be, if perhaps anybody knows..
      Thnx for your help, m.

1 Answer Dec 30, 2013 at 10:07 AM