State of New South Wales

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• toll roads

Blue Mountains Dec 2, 2014 at 9:04 PM

I will be driving from blacktown.. katoomba lithgow...bells lane....mt tomah botanical gardens...penrith..then back to blacktown via featherdale wildlife park

I will be in a hire car...am I correct in my assumption from my reseach that for this routing I will not also need to hire the freeway/motorway auto toll pass unit ....

Thank you

more
    • Excited On January AFC CUP 2015

Sydney Dec 2, 2014 at 5:28 PM

It's My first time to visit australia and will be traveling there for the AFC Asian Cup 2015 as a representative for continental tyres as one of the sponsors #ContinentalTyresAFC i will be one of the people to travel over australia on january. Being a football fan myself i am excited, but its going to be mostly work also. Anyways was wondering where are some of the places good to visit? like some tourist spot area? I was pre planning some places to visit on to, I had check some hotels from here already and we had some for booking.

more
    • Updated Travel Pass Info

Sydney Dec 10, 2014 at 10:38 AM

The travel pass info on this site seems to be dated. We will be in Sydney five nights and will likely use ferries, buses, and trains to sight see. It is unlikely that we will venture out beyond the city. What is the most economical transport pass for our length of stay. We will be arriving and departing by air. Thanks.

more
    • Updated Travel Pass Info

Sydney Dec 10, 2014 at 10:38 AM

The travel pass info on this site seems to be dated. We will be in Sydney five nights and will likely use ferries, buses, and trains to sight see. It is unlikely that we will venture out beyond the city. What is the most economical transport pass for our length of stay. We will be arriving and departing by air. Thanks.

18 Answers Dec 11, 2014 at 12:07 AM
    • toll roads

Blue Mountains Dec 2, 2014 at 9:04 PM

I will be driving from blacktown.. katoomba lithgow...bells lane....mt tomah botanical gardens...penrith..then back to blacktown via featherdale wildlife park

I will be in a hire car...am I correct in my assumption from my reseach that for this routing I will not also need to hire the freeway/motorway auto toll pass unit ....

Thank you

1 Answer Dec 2, 2014 at 11:55 PM
    • Excited On January AFC CUP 2015

Sydney Dec 2, 2014 at 5:28 PM

It's My first time to visit australia and will be traveling there for the AFC Asian Cup 2015 as a representative for continental tyres as one of the sponsors #ContinentalTyresAFC i will be one of the people to travel over australia on january. Being a football fan myself i am excited, but its going to be mostly work also. Anyways was wondering where are some of the places good to visit? like some tourist spot area? I was pre planning some places to visit on to, I had check some hotels from here already and we had some for booking.

3 Answers Dec 3, 2014 at 9:14 AM
    • William Street to Sydney Harbour Bridge

Sydney Oct 30, 2014 at 6:20 PM

If I drive from Kings Cross..... William Street and want to cross the harbour, then onto M1 & M2 should I take the Cross City Tunnel to the Harbour Bridge or is there a better route...(I dont mind the tunnel tolls) just want the best route......it is not clear from google maps

Thanks Geoff

7 Answers Dec 4, 2014 at 1:29 AM
    • effazainal's Profile Photo

Listing of food products

Sydney Oct 26, 2014 at 7:45 AM

And do I need to list down all food products that il be bringing so as to pass the immigration checks?

10 Answers Nov 1, 2014 at 3:00 AM

Food products that cannot clear immigration

Sydney Oct 26, 2014 at 7:39 AM

Hello VTers!
      I'm leaving Tomorow and I' need to know if 2 cans of corned beef are allowed to pass the immigration check?

14 Answers Oct 26, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Sandboarding

Sydney Oct 25, 2014 at 5:14 AM

I've heard about sandboarding and is it worthy e visit? How do I get there by public transport? Anyone know of booking the tickets online?

2 Answers Oct 30, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Shuttle service to the city

Sydney Oct 25, 2014 at 5:09 AM

Hi Fellow VTers!
      There's a change of plan and I need to know the best transportation I should take to the city.to be specific,30 Hickson road, millers point ?
      Should I take a train or cab? With two hgr luggage. Thanx!!

3 Answers Oct 26, 2014 at 5:25 AM

Whale watching

Sydney Oct 24, 2014 at 9:45 AM

From which travel company should I buy tickets to whale watching and confirm of sighted whales.

2 Answers Oct 24, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Best mode of transportation

Sydney Oct 24, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Hi,
      What's the best mode of transportation on a weekday morning from the airport to Dee Why?
      How much will the taxi cost? Thanx!

6 Answers Nov 27, 2014 at 4:56 PM
    • margsch's Profile Photo

Public transport Panthers Penrith

Sydney Oct 23, 2014 at 7:48 AM

Hi Sydneysiders, i am considering flying to Sydney for a papercraft fair to be held at the above venue. I have studied the public transport webste and see trains to Penrith but it seems to be another 3.5 km to the clubhouse. Is there anything that will get me closer on a sunday? I would be fine with a taxi from Penrith station if necessary but would there be a taxi stand there? I would be flying in on that sunday morning and gather I have to catch the train to Central and then head off to Penrith.

I will only have a small backpack so luggage won,t be a problem.

5 Answers Oct 23, 2014 at 4:23 PM
    • Discovery Pass - Unlimited travel in NSW (Sydney to Gold Cost)

Sydney Oct 22, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Hello,
      I would be very grateful if anybody can advice me what is the best way for traveling in Sydney and around for about two - three weeks and then going to travel to Queensland. If it is better for me to purchase a discovery pass (but i have read that need to make a reservation of the seats in advance). There is a big advantage - hop on and hop off.
      Or shall I just buy a multipass for two weeks in Sydney to do some sightseeing and then purchase a ticket to Brisbane.

Thanks for your suggestion :-)
      Zuzana

3 Answers Oct 23, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Mymulti day pass vs Opal card

Sydney Oct 21, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Between these two,which one should I purchase ?

6 Answers Nov 27, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Sensible budget in Sydney for two adults in 14days

Sydney Oct 21, 2014 at 7:02 AM

Hi,
      My sister and I are travelling to Sydney and would like to know the sensible amount we should bring for the trip which excludes Accomodation n shopping.
      We are on tight budget. We do wnat to include budget transportation to whale watching n blue mountains.
      And it would be good too if anyone can recommend us of holiday jobs while we r there to gain experience from such as fruit picking or etc.
      Hope Uall can help!

9 Answers Oct 23, 2014 at 1:15 AM
    • visit idea for Blue mountains

Blue Mountains Oct 10, 2014 at 12:47 AM

I am staying at the Hotel next to Sydney Central Station on the 12th( after disembarking the Queen Mary Cruise ship) and 16th March 2105 (when I return to Hong Kong) and plan to viisit Blue Mountains area( 13-15th)
      My route plan..(Friday)13th to 15th march 2015..)....Sydney: Mt Tomah (Botanical Gardens : Mt Wilson: Lithgow: Govetts Lookout; Katoomba( all attractions): Penrith( Riverboat cruise); Wilberforce( pioneer Village); Sydney
      From my research I beleive my best options are:-
      (a) ...rent a car in Sydney Willaim Street on the Friday morning( drive M1 & M2) and drive back to Sydney Sunday afternoon
      (b)....train from Sydney Central Station to Windsor station,rent a car there , drive the same route and return the car at 1200 on the 15th (they close then), have lunch in the RSL Windsor Club then get the train back to Sydney.
      .I am staying at the Hotel next to Central Station on the 12th and 16th (when I return to Hong Kong)
      If I take the train, on the Sunday morning I can only spend about one & half hours at the Australian Pioneer village, but don't have to worry about the traffic to & from Sydney.
      I am tending towards the train option after reading all of the traffic comments....but it is difficult to comprehend the traffic situation on out from Sydney on the Friday morning and return Sunday mid day/afternoon.
      Thanks for any comments /suggestions
      Best Regards
      Geoff
      Hong Kong

4 Answers Oct 11, 2014 at 12:14 AM
    • blue mountains trip

Sydney Oct 7, 2014 at 7:03 PM

.I am staying at the Hotel next to Central Station on the 12th( after disembarking the Queen Mary Cruise ship) and 16th March 2105 (when I return to Hong Kong) and plan to viisit Blue Mountains area( 13-15th)

My route plan..(Friday)13th to 15th march 2015..)....Sydney: Mt Tomah (Botanical Gardens : Mt Wilson: Lithgow: Govetts Lookout; Katoomba( all attractions): Penrith( Riverboat cruise); Wilberforce( pioneer Village); Sydney

From my research I beleive my best options are:-

(a) ...rent a car in Sydney Willaim Street on the Friday morning( drive M1 & M2) and drive back to Sydney Sunday afternoon
      (b)....train from Sydney Central Station to Windsor station,rent a car there , drive the same route and return the car at 1200 on the 15th (they close then), have lunch in the RSL Windsor Club then get the train back to Sydney.

.I am staying at the Hotel next to Central Station on the 12th and 16th (when I return to Hong Kong)

If I take the train, on the Sunday morning I can only spend about one & half hours at the Australian Pioneer village, but don't have to worry about the traffic to & from Sydney.

I am tending towards the train option after reading all of the traffic comments....but it is difficult to comprehend the traffic situation on out from Sydney on the Friday morning and return Sunday mid day/afternoon.

Thanks for any comments /suggestions

Best Regards
      Geoff
      Hong Kong

6 Answers Oct 13, 2014 at 10:50 PM
    • aussirose's Profile Photo

Next Big Downunder Sydney VT Meet invitation

Sydney Sep 28, 2014 at 9:57 PM

You are all officially invited to the next Big Downunder Aussie VT Meet.

It is booked for October 2016 so that there is no excuse for saying that you cannot afford it. 2 years should be plenty of time to plan and save, save, save :o)

The Big Meet will be in 2 parts - The Big Sydney Meet and then The Big Sydney Cruise.

Yes, you heard it! Australia will be hosting the first ever Big VT Cruise! We want Carnival Cruises to be overrun by VT'ers and VA's!! lol. We hope that by the end of the cruise, we'll have everyone on the ship signed up to VT haha :o)

Back to the Big Sydney Meet..... you just cannot showcase Sydney in a few days, but we will give it a try. The following trips planned - Manly, Taronga Zoo, The Blue Mountains, a picnic in the Botanical Gardens and a sensational Showboat dinner and dance cabaret harbour cruise!

So what are you waiting for? Sign up below and then save those pennies!! :o)

The Big Sydney Meet
      members.virtualtourist.com/m...
      The Big Sydney Cruise
      members.virtualtourist.com/m...

19 Answers Oct 22, 2014 at 3:44 AM
    • caravan parks

Wollongong Sep 17, 2014 at 2:08 AM

hi, what is the best caravan park in Wollongong - we don't need bouncy castles but would like somewhere pretty, relaxing and close to decent places to eat.

3 Answers Oct 21, 2014 at 2:53 AM
    • Sydney areas

Sydney Sep 4, 2014 at 10:16 PM

We are flying into Sydney and then would like to travel from airport to a hotel in the area of Opera House and Sydney Harbour. Is this Central Sydney? Because then we are renting a car and would like to be able to pick up the car in the location we are staying. Any recommendations for hotels, car rentals and best way to travel from airport? Thanks.

12 Answers Sep 18, 2014 at 2:36 PM
    • Bunnio's Profile Photo

Sydney to Lightning Ridge

Lightning Ridge Sep 2, 2014 at 6:56 AM

Travelling from Sydney to lightning Ridge soon and want to explore points of interest such as mineral baths along the way. Also interested in wetlands, fishing and natural beauty. Any pointers would be most appreciated!

3 Answers Sep 4, 2014 at 5:35 AM
    • TravelingSue's Profile Photo

Tower in Sydney

Sydney Aug 28, 2014 at 6:37 AM

This is my 6th time to Australia and the last time, I visited a tall building that had a large area on top that was similar to a theatre. The program takes you so that you feel like you are flying over Australia. I think they may also do that walk up high where you walk on glass and can look down below. Can anyone tell me what building that is and where it is located? Doesn't Sydney have a Hop On Hop Off bus? Thanks for the info.

1 Answer Aug 31, 2014 at 4:25 PM
    • Which baby wrap is safe while travelling?

Byron Bay Aug 28, 2014 at 5:10 AM

It very different to travel with babies and it is not safe to carry them in baby carrier for longer hours.

2 Answers Aug 28, 2014 at 5:45 AM

Affordable accommodation

Sydney Aug 18, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Hi,
      I will be moving to Sydney late September and I'm looking for an apartment to rent.would appreciate if any of you VT can recommend an affordable apartment safe for a female,preferably furnished with minimal furniture and convenient distance to take public transport. I will be working in Sydney CBD area so I would prefer an apartment nearby or within a distance if I'm taking a public transport.

6 Answers Oct 21, 2014 at 1:54 PM
    • Second hand shop for clothes

Sydney Aug 15, 2014 at 5:23 PM

I am looking for second hand shop for clothes, souvenirs and accessories in Sydney, anyone that can suggest?

4 Answers Sep 4, 2014 at 5:11 AM
    • Traveling round Sydney for cheap

Sydney Aug 15, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Hi. Me and my wife and thinking about going traveling round Sydney for a month in January 2015. We were just wondering what would be cheaper, to book a months tour, or to book in at a hotel / hostel for a month and go round on our own? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Lewis and Kimberley.

14 Answers Oct 22, 2014 at 6:05 AM
    • evabosh's Profile Photo

Which bank and which SIM card do I choose?

Sydney Aug 13, 2014 at 5:40 AM

Hi everyone,

I'll be moving to Sydney from Croatia in two weeks to stay for at least 6 months or a year, with the possibility of moving there indefinitely. I would really appreciate if someone could suggest a bank where it would be best to open an account and the best SIM card option for me.

I will be going to school in Sydney, but also working part/full time in the Education area, so I need an account for regular salary payments, regular cash withdrawals and the possibility of online paying (via PayPal). As for the SIM card - I'd like to get a plan with a lot of data allowance, as I use all the apps for communication via internet (like WhatsApp, Viber and Skype) to stay in touch with people and am not a big texter and caller. Also, as I will be residing in Sydney mostly, I'd need a good coverage there. So if there are any tips and tricks, I'd be very grateful. :)

Thanks.

4 Answers Nov 27, 2014 at 4:47 PM
    • heydelin's Profile Photo

Transit in Sydney

Sydney Aug 9, 2014 at 3:02 AM

Hey fella travelers!

I will be traveling to New Zealand from Manila and will have a 2 hour layover at Sydney. Would you think that 2 hour layover is enough? I'm flying with Qantas.

Thank you!

5 Answers Aug 9, 2014 at 7:08 PM
    • Where is the cheese rock in royal national pack?

Royal National Park Aug 9, 2014 at 2:44 AM

Hello, I want to check out the cheese rock inside royal national park, do you know where is it? Can you help give an address?

Many thanks
      Sharon

1 Answer Aug 27, 2014 at 6:40 AM
    • BEST AND CHEAP SYDNEY AIRPORT SHUTTLE

Sydney Jul 31, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Hi, May I ask what's best airport shuttle from Sydney Airport to Oaks Goldbrough Apartment in Darling Harbour. One that is cheap and convenient for us tourist with travel bags.This is our first time to go Sydney . Thanks for your kind help  smiley. Cora

2 Answers Aug 1, 2014 at 8:56 PM
    • 7_seconds's Profile Photo

sydney - newport public transport options?

Sydney Jul 29, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Hi,
      I'll be located in Newport area, north of Sydney and I'm wondering how are public transport connections to Sydney city centre or Sydney int. airport. So far I haven't found much options and taxi is not that cheap... Can you please help me with info or some useful links?
      Thank you!

6 Answers Jul 30, 2014 at 4:24 PM