Travel Answers
State of Meghalaya

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• RomanticRaj's Profile Photo

how to reach Eravikulam National Park from Munnar Bus stand?

Munnar Yesterday

how to reach Eravikulam National Park from Munnar Bus stand?

how long is from bus stand? bus,jeep, autos available???

what is best time to visit the park?? and park timings??

more
    • Anyone know is this area flooded in Srinagar?

Srinagar Sep 9, 2014 at 2:58 AM

Ground Floor, Sheikh Building Shiraz Chowk, Khanyar Road, Srinagar - 190003, Jammu & Kashmir, India,.

more
    • Travel Condition

Macleodganj Aug 31, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Hi, I will be driving from New Delhi to Mcllodganj on 4th of October. I will starting back from Mcleodganj on 6th early morning at around 01;00AM. My plan is to reach New Delhi at the earliest to beat the jam. Will it be a safe driving at that time at Mcleodganj? Also how is the road condition between New Delhi and Mcleodganj? and finally what is the best route to follow for better traffic condition?

more
    • allouh's Profile Photo

Trip to North Goa

Goa 18 hours ago

I m traveling with friends to North Goa starting 2 October for one week, I will like to know is it good weather at that time? is it a season time?there will be any events? which is ok hotel calangutan beach? If any one traveling in this date from Dubai can contact me in inbox!!!
      Thanks

more
    • How safe it is to visit kashmir now?

Srinagar Sep 9, 2014 at 8:50 PM

AFTER ALL THE FLOOD THE STATE HAS SUFFERED FROM, IS IT POSSIBLE TO VISIT KASHMIR NOW?
      I have a road trip from Jammu to Ladakh, 27th of this month.
      Is it possible to carry on with the plans?

more
    • cuppadamoksha's Profile Photo

south goa hotels for new year

Goa Sep 8, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Hi .... Have been struggling trying to settle on a hotel for new years . we will be in a group of 10 adults and 8kids. The basic things we need are a pool. Villa or resort options will be awesome.Tia.

more
    • Girl of Arunachal

State of Arunachal Pradesh Sep 7, 2014 at 4:09 AM

How is the character of Arunachal girl …

more
    • Nightclub Chennai

Chennai (Madras) Sep 6, 2014 at 4:18 AM

Looking for a night club with music/band jazz./blues/rock/soft. More a cosy corner to spend the late evening. Very hard to find in Chennai.

more
    • JAnoopM's Profile Photo

Sunderbans

Kolkata (Calcutta) Aug 31, 2014 at 2:23 AM

Hi,

Is it advisable to travel sunderbans without a tour operator and the tour package..

more
    • roger63's Profile Photo

guest houses in GOA

Goa Aug 25, 2014 at 6:19 AM

Hi, I'm Roger, 23 years old single traveller visiting and staying in goa for a while from 20s of november. If any one is there this dates and want to share some info as well as meet there let me know!

more
    • looking to meet people in goa

Goa Aug 23, 2014 at 1:16 AM

hello, i am 26 year old, single guy visiting Goa in mid october ( 15th to 20th ) with my brother.
      we will be in north goa , love to party , music and meeting new people . if any one is there during same period, reply me so that we can know more about each other and can hangout together in Goa.

more
    • Safety of Family in Srinagar

Srinagar Aug 16, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Hi, I am planning to visit Srinagar during August 22-29 2014 along with family with my 4 year old children. Is there a concern for safety of tourists during this particular period, considering the recent spate of skirmishes between BSF and terrorists in J & K. Just a concern around the safety of my family. Can someone advise please?

more
    • Pubs in chennai

Chennai (Madras) Aug 16, 2014 at 2:29 AM

I have a plan to go for a pub in chennai.. can you pls suggest some good place?

more
    • Shimla in October

Shimla Sep 11, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Are the early weeks of October good times to visit Shimla?
      Thank you.

more
    • How safe it is to visit kashmir now?

Srinagar Sep 9, 2014 at 8:50 PM

AFTER ALL THE FLOOD THE STATE HAS SUFFERED FROM, IS IT POSSIBLE TO VISIT KASHMIR NOW?
      I have a road trip from Jammu to Ladakh, 27th of this month.
      Is it possible to carry on with the plans?

more
    • Girl of Arunachal

State of Arunachal Pradesh Sep 7, 2014 at 4:08 AM

How is the character of Arunachal girl …

more
    • Air ticket booked, still safe to go?

Srinagar Sep 7, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Departing on 17/9 for a onwards road trip from Srinagar to Leh. Regarding the current flooding situation, is it still safe to go to Srinagar? Anyone arriving today? How's the flooding affecting your travelling plan?

more
    • Amer walls

Jaipur Sep 4, 2014 at 7:11 AM

So I'm told its possible to walk along the walls that can be seen on the surrounding holds.
      How long would you say it takes to walk along the whole thing? 
      Would you advise starting at a specific spot? 
      Is there any reason it may be unsafe? 
      Any further comments or information will be appreciated. Thanks

more
    • I will go leh Next year too (2015) in may end-june

Leh Aug 27, 2014 at 7:15 PM

I will go leh Next year too (2015) in may end-june any companions wana join for manali to leh to srinagar then join me in their vehicles.

more
    • Guest house

Leh Aug 27, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Anyone has any contact for stay in November 2014 for two ppl me n my wife

more
    • itinerary feedback

Srinagar Aug 23, 2014 at 3:52 AM

Hello everyone,
      I am also going to srinagar on 26 Aug, wanted to check out your suggestions on my itenary:
      26 Aug- arrive in srinagar- go directly to sonamarg
      hotel in sonamarg (Hotel zamzam/ hotel snow heights)
      27 Aug- morning visit to tiger hills. Return to Srinagar by night. stay in houseboat
      28 Aug- srinagar to gulmarg, sightseeing in gulmarg, overnight stay
      29 Aug- gulmarg to srinagar, local s/s, stay in houseboat
      30 aug- gulmarg to pahalgam, overnight stay
      31 aug- pahalgam to srinagar. flight at 3 pm

more
    • Chandigarh to Manali by Car

Manali Aug 21, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Hi all

I am travelling from chandigarh to Manali by self car on 25th sept.

Plz guide me best route.

Also tell places in between where I can halt for Bfast and lunch as I will be starting early say 5 am. Restaurants should be hygenic with clean toilets as I will be travelling with family.

What will be weather there?? Any chances of snow??

more
    • fresh strawberries

Mahabaleshwar Aug 16, 2014 at 11:42 PM

in which months fresh strawberries are available in mahabaleshwar & panchgani ?

more
    • Visiting Srinagar in the month of feb

Srinagar Aug 15, 2014 at 11:09 PM

If I visit Srinagar in the month of feb at somewhere around 16th feb to 19 the feb. What all places i can visit. i am planning to come. Do srinagar roads to Airport gets blocked due to snow in feb, What all places can i visit in the month of feb from srinagar

more
    • Trip to andaman for a week will a 11 month kid

Port Blair Aug 17, 2014 at 8:38 AM

Hello there.

We are planning for a trip to Andaman for a week in the end of February. My kid who will be 11 months old then, would be traveling with us. I have already booked for the vacation but now I am unsure if it is safe for my 11 month old.
      We live in the mountain region of India, where weather is very pleasant all round the year.
      If it is safe for my kind, please suggest type of clothing's and all other stuffs that I need to carry for my kid.

Please advice.

more

Popular State of Meghalaya Travel Answer Locations

• Request for Itinerary

Shillong Aug 7, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Planning for a visit to NE (Total 15 days, Starting at Guwahati- Shillong-Cherrapunjee-Guwahati-Bhalukpong-Bomdilla-Tawang-Dirang-Nameri-Pobitora-Kaziranga-Guwahati) including Shillong and Cherrapunjee. Reaching Guwahati on Oct 18 By 2:00p.m. Wishing to cover maximum places in Cherrapunjee and Shillong from Oct 19 to Oct 21. There are 4 adults and 2 kids. Appreciate if anyone could suggest a Itinerary for Shillong / Cherrapunjee for 3days/ 4days.
      Thanks

3 Answers Aug 7, 2014 at 10:00 PM
    • Shillong to Agartala

Shillong Jul 13, 2014 at 5:41 AM

shared taxi or local bus what options? How long does it take....or is it better to catch a train from Silchar....having gone to silchar by bus from Shillong?

1 Answer Jul 13, 2014 at 5:54 AM
    • tour plane

Shillong Jun 11, 2014 at 11:32 PM

please give me a tour plan of shillong & kajiranga for 5 days during december from guwahati to guwahati

2 Answers Jun 12, 2014 at 1:50 AM
    • safety in meghalya

State of Meghalaya May 22, 2014 at 4:25 AM

Is safety an issue for tourists travelling alone in Meghalaya , particularly shillong and close by villages?

5 Answers May 23, 2014 at 9:30 PM
    • Trip to shilong with parents, husband & 12 yrs old son on the end of July.

Shillong Apr 25, 2014 at 3:19 AM

Hi, m planning to visit shilong with my husband ,parents & my 12 yrs old son on the end of July (at Eid ul Fiter) vacation.We'll start from Dhaka to shylet then cross tamabil boarder.W'ld u pls help me to know abt my following quarries :
      1.how will b the weather that time?
      2. Could you suggest some safe and budget hotels? I don't need luxury ... just to stay there comfortably.
      3. how i'll get the help for site seeing?
      4. As we will come by bus route so how we will reach safely in shilong?

Appreciate an early response.

Regards
      Firoza.
      Dhaka, Bangladesh

9 Answers May 6, 2014 at 9:18 PM
    • Route from silong to Lamding

Shillong Jul 17, 2013 at 9:21 AM

How I go Silong to Lamding by bus or car directly

5 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 2:32 AM
    • VEG FOOD ?

Shillong Sep 15, 2012 at 9:03 PM

I AM PURE VEG FOOD TAKEN..CAN I GET VEG. FOOD IN MEGHALAYA? SHILONG ?I WANT TO TRAVEL THIS MONTH END..THANKS. ( WHICH TYPE VEG FOOD GET..? )

1 Answer May 30, 2013 at 11:04 PM
    • RohitB's Profile Photo

meghalaya and nagaland

Shillong Sep 12, 2012 at 2:23 AM

HI
      We plan to visit Meghalaya and Nagaland from Dec 3 to 18, 2012. Please help make an itinerary for us
      thanks
      rohit

8 Answers Sep 14, 2012 at 10:49 PM
    • A short trip to Shillong

Shillong Mar 18, 2012 at 8:38 AM

I might have to make a short trip to Shillong (5-6 days( in the month of May. Could you please tell me the safest way to do this trip within a proper budget.

Could you suggest some safe and budget hotels? I don't need luxury ... just to stay there comfortably.

1 Answer Mar 19, 2012 at 9:12 PM
    • assam , meghalaya tour

Shillong Jan 17, 2012 at 11:26 PM

SIR,
      I AM PLANNING TO VISIT ASSAM AND MEGHALAYA IN THE FIRST WEEK OF MARCH. WILL REACH GUWAHATI ON THE 3RD AND WILL PROCEED TO KASIRANGA ON THE 4TH. STAY AT BOTH THE PLACES HAVE BEEN ARRANGED. WILL START FOR SHILLONG FROM KASIRANGA AT AROUND 12 NOON ON THE 5TH. WE ARE A GROUP OF SIX AND WE ARE PLANNING TO STAY AT SHILLONG FOR A DAY(MARCH 5) AND ALSO ONE DAY AT CHERRAPUNJEE HOLIDAY RESORT.(MARCH 6). HAVE ALREADY DONE THE BOOKING AT CHERRAPUNJEE AND AM PLANNING TO BOOK AT ORCHID HOTEL AT SHILLONG WHICH OFFERS BUDGET STAYS. I READ AN ARTICLE YOU WROTE ON THIS SITE AND I ALSO STUDIED SOME DETAILS FROM THE NET. I KINDLY REQUEST YOU TO HELP ME CHART OUT A TRIP COVERING ALL THE TOURIST SPOTS AROUND SHILLONG AND CHERRAPUNJEE , INCLUDING ALL THE FALLS, AND ALSO KEEPING IN MIND THAT WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO REACH GUWAHATI ON THE NIGHT OF MARCH 7.I HAVE ASKED A FRIEND OF MINE IN GUWAHATI TO ARRANGE A SUMO OR SOME OTHER VEHICLE FOR THE ENTIRE TRIP SO THAT WE CAN COVER MAX.PLACES. I KNOW YOUR EXPERIENCE WILL BE REAL HELPFUL IN EVERYWAY.

HOPE YOU'LL OBLIGE,
      THANKING YOU,
      JOHNSON, KERALA.

2 Answers Jan 23, 2012 at 4:16 AM
    • Travel plan of Shillong with wife and 2 years daughter

Shillong Dec 12, 2011 at 1:56 AM

Would anyone please help me to make a travel plan for 3/4 nights at Shillong or adjacent area to have a relax & pleasure trip with my wife and 2 yrs daughter!!

I'll start from Dhaka. And I willing to visit in January/February. Also please suggest me what time (which month in the year) will be perfect for visiting Shillong.

Thank you.

Regards,
      Sayem

6 Answers Dec 29, 2011 at 5:31 AM
    • Fishing in Shillong?

Shillong Jun 3, 2011 at 11:56 PM

I plan to visit Shillong from 10th Jun for about 10 days. Are there any good places for fishing close to the town? Also how is the weather going to be in those days? I have read that by end June the rains start. So should we schedule a visit to Sohra at the end of our stay. Is there any problems during the rains. Appreciate an early response.

7 Answers Jun 6, 2011 at 8:26 AM
    • 2 day trip out of shillong

Shillong May 25, 2011 at 6:25 AM

I am planning to visit Shillong from 07th Jun till 15th Jun with wife and 3 year old daughter. I would like to know if there is a suitable destination for a 2 day trip from Shillong which we could squeeze in, during this period? Also does the city shut down very early in the evening?

1 Answer May 28, 2011 at 2:30 AM
    • tour tura

Tura Mar 23, 2011 at 10:25 AM

i want to go to tura but i dont know anyone in tura. plz tell me your suggestion for 3 day stay at tura that should be safe and cheap.

1 Answer Mar 30, 2011 at 7:03 AM
    • Is August 1st week a good time to be there in Shillong ?

Shillong Apr 22, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Guys,

I will be in India in August 1st week and was thinking of spending 4-5 days in Shillong .. I was just wondering how the weather will be during the those time in the year .. Will it be still monsoon there ? Do u recommend to go there ? Primary reason to go there is to relax and enjoy the natural beauty and the mountains ..

Thanks,

Ranjan

4 Answers Jun 20, 2010 at 1:56 AM
    • Guwahati to Shillong

State of Meghalaya Aug 23, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Are there shared taxis to Shillong from Guwahati Railway Station? If so, where do I find them?

1 Answer Sep 25, 2010 at 6:55 AM
    • Cherrapunjee

State of Meghalaya Aug 16, 2009 at 1:38 AM

How much time does it take from Shillong to Cherrapunjee and back? Can one do it in a day or does it require overnight stay at Cherrapunjee?

4 Answers Sep 25, 2010 at 7:43 AM
    • Gawahati to Shillong

State of Meghalaya Jan 12, 2007 at 3:28 PM

Can anyone comment on the ground transportation between these two places? The internet says there are bus and taxi links. Are they reliable, and what's the price?

1 Answer Jan 12, 2007 at 11:42 PM
    • Place to see?

Shillong Sep 13, 2006 at 4:49 AM

Hi fellow VTs!

Can anubody guide me as to what all are the places to see in shillong?

Partha

1 Answer Sep 20, 2010 at 9:09 AM
    • Ibiza_Nino's Profile Photo

chassing the monsoon

State of Meghalaya Jul 4, 2006 at 4:11 PM

I have been following the monsoon,a bit,in India and spent over 1 month in Shilong and Cherrapungi 3 times,also in Goa,Kerala,a bit in Mumbai
      Has anybody have some experience in monsoons in India.?