Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular State of Madhya Pradesh Travel Answer Locations

• pavan17381's Profile Photo

Kanpur to Mumbai by Car

State of Madhya Pradesh Nov 6, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Hi, I travelled from Mumbai to Kanpur on 31st oct and 1st nov to be with my parents on Diwali. Road from Mumbai to Indore is great. But after Indore, it's terrible. Stretch from Indore to Guna and even upto Shivpuri is horrible. It's convenient only after you get NH25 to Jhansi and there onwards. In return, I don't want to take that Guna Indore route. I am planning this route - Kanpur - Jhansi - Lalitpur - Bina - Vidisha - Bhopal - Indore - Mumbai. Will that be OK.

2 Answers Nov 21, 2013 at 10:24 PM
    • JiteshT's Profile Photo

@ khajuraho

Khajuraho Oct 25, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Who is wandering here in khajuraho

1 Answer Oct 25, 2013 at 3:55 PM
    • priyabenoy's Profile Photo

madhav national park

Gwalior Oct 13, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Any info regarding the timings of the park?

3 Answers Nov 8, 2013 at 4:57 AM
    • Dubai - Student Visa

Indore Mar 8, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Hi there!

I want to do my management studies from Dubai. Would like to know - how & where I can apply the visa and bit of information about the same will be helpful.

2 Answers Mar 26, 2013 at 11:20 AM
    • hugobaur's Profile Photo

Hotel accommodation in Raipur

Raipur Oct 21, 2012 at 6:55 AM

I shall be visiting Raipur early next year. Can you recommend a nice hotel in Raipur, located in a quiet area of the town, if possible. Also, how far is the Bastar tribal area from Raipur? Any other areas that you recommend for sightseeing? Thank you for your help!

• Roadtrip from Chennai

State of Madhya Pradesh Sep 23, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Hi,

My parents and I are planning a road trip from Chennai to Madhya Pradesh (middle of December). We are thinking about covering these places in the following order:

1. Kanha National Park (2 nights)

2. Bandhavgarh National Park (2 nights)

3. Pachmarhi (2 nights)

4. Ujjain (1 night)

5. Omkareshwar (1 night)

In this regard, I have the following questions:

1. Could someone please advise me regarding the route to be taken, keeping in mind road condition and safety. Maximum distance we would like to cover in a day is 600-700 km (total trip duration of around 13-15 days).

2. Also, I wondering if is worthwhile doing rafting in Orchha? Does Madhya Pradesh Tourism or any other private company offer rafting in Orchha?

3. Related to the above question, does Madhya Pradesh tourism or any other private company offer parasailing in Pachmarhi? I have seen parasailing as a part of a package, but I was not able to spot it separately anywhere.

4. Is Satpura National Park worth a visit? How far is it from Pachmarhi?

5. Is the cost for the jeep safari included along with the room rent in Madhya Pradesh Tourism's resorts at Kanha and Bandhavgarh? Or should it be booked separately online?

Thanks and regards,
      Venkatesh

• Late night arrival in Umaria, going to Bandhavgarh

State of Madhya Pradesh Dec 19, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Will be going by train from Varanasi to Umaria and then head to Tala (Bandhavgarh NP). According to the schedule the train (Sarnath Express) will arrive about 22.15 PM. Will I be able to get transport to Tala at that time or is it better to spend the night in Umaria (if yes, any suggestions?). Anyone knows about possible delays in arrival time?

Thanks answering,

Harry

• Visiting Madhya Pradesh

State of Madhya Pradesh Aug 18, 2010 at 8:46 AM

I am arriving Jhansi on 26-08-2010 and will depart from jhansi on 30-8-2010. What are the places around jhansi other than Khajuraho to visit along with my wife. Let me know the surrounding places

3 Answers May 30, 2013 at 11:03 PM
    • Shiva Lingam stones Madhya Pradesh

State of Madhya Pradesh Jun 8, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Has anyone been to Central India near the Narmada River to see where the Shiva Lingam stones are found?

Exactly where in Madhya Pradesh are the stones found?

Is it easy to get to the site?

I am planning on going at the end of July? What will the weather be like then? Temperatures?

Are there any recommendations for accomodation and good food near the site or along the river?

Is there a lot to see and do in Madhya Pradesh?

Is it best to fly into Mumbai and travel from there? Would road or train be better?

Thanks for your help

• jain012's Profile Photo

Ujjain to Omksreshwar

State of Madhya Pradesh Apr 8, 2009 at 1:42 AM

I want to visit Omkareshwar from Ujjain. Can I vist ujjain to Omkareshwar and back to Ujjain in a single day. How can I do that.

3 Answers Apr 21, 2010 at 1:29 AM
    • Cell Phone Coverage around Bandhavgarh and Kahna

State of Madhya Pradesh Jan 14, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Just wanted check to see if there is any cell phone coverage in Tala and Mukki (where I will be staying while visting the parks). I will be travelling there in late March and wanted to see if it would be worthwhile to pick up an SIM card when I am in Delhi and if it would work while I am near the national parks. Thanks! Jeff

• jacquesrenaud's Profile Photo

Ujjain - Sagar hotel

State of Madhya Pradesh Nov 20, 2008 at 8:54 AM

namaste,

I spent some weeks in 2004 and 2005 in Ujjain, and a very good time in "my" hotel, in front the railway station, the Sagar hotel (or hotel Sagar...).

I want to give a call to Joshi-Ji, the manager, and to Kâkâ, who is working there and one day invited me for a "subah ka nashta".

If somebody is going to Ujjain or leave in Ujjain please can you be kind enough to enter there, to ask the phone number and to write it here ?

Thanks a lot.

Jacques

3 Answers Sep 24, 2011 at 7:14 AM
    • vikram_nanivadekar's Profile Photo

Indore car rental

State of Madhya Pradesh Oct 14, 2008 at 4:33 AM

Hello everyone,
      I would like to know a few names of car rental operators based out of Indore. I would prefer to know agents who actually own the vehicles. Please do share information &/or experiences.....

Warm Regards,
      Vikram.

1 Answer Oct 17, 2008 at 6:18 AM
    • gaechka's Profile Photo

ia it possible to rent motorcycle or scooter in Jhansi???

State of Madhya Pradesh Oct 13, 2008 at 3:41 AM

We are family with child 3 y.o. Have been traveling with child before in India by scooter (Goa, Karnataka,Kerala). This time (end of january) we will come to Madhya Pradesh!
      We probably will arrive by train from Agraa to Jhansi. Please share inf if it possible to rent scooter or motorcycly for 1-2 days near in Jhansi.
      How much is price?

Thank you in advance,

gaechka

• route map from mumbai tp mandu and maheshwar

State of Madhya Pradesh Aug 24, 2008 at 3:09 AM

i would like to know whetherthere is a direct road to mandu on the mumbai indore road NH3. how many hours by road to reach mandu?how are the road conditions currently and are the roads in mp safe?

6 Answers Aug 29, 2008 at 12:28 PM
    • neetuu's Profile Photo

Visiting Orchha beginning September -- too hot?

Orchha Jul 9, 2008 at 4:10 AM

Hi
      I was planning to visit khajuraho and Orchha beginning September. Will it be too hot? Thanks. Any answers will be appreciated.

4 Answers Apr 2, 2010 at 1:52 AM
    • pgladu2

Khajuraho May 28, 2008 at 8:04 AM

I was in Khajuraho in March and saw a dance program. Could you please identify which folk dance is pictured in each photo?

3 Answers Aug 16, 2012 at 12:08 AM
    • Indian Tour Companies

State of Madhya Pradesh Apr 10, 2008 at 8:38 AM

Does anybody know of a reliable Indian based tour comapny that can arrange a 21 day trip around Madhaya Pradesh and South Rajastan for two people in the spiring of 2009?

5 Answers Apr 28, 2008 at 1:50 AM
    • bhopal

State of Madhya Pradesh Nov 29, 2007 at 4:55 AM

hi everyone
      am i the only tourist in bhopal ?
      i haven't seen any .
      if there are ,you can contact me at vega_1515@vtmail.com

1 Answer Apr 2, 2010 at 1:11 AM
    • arriving tomorrow in bhopal

Bhopal Nov 28, 2007 at 5:51 AM

i'll be in bhopal for a few days ,is there someone ready to share some time walking around , visiting the caves ...things tourists do .
      leave a message if you are interested.
      thanks

• yumiyun's Profile Photo

A day trip from Bhopal

Sanchi May 2, 2007 at 10:58 PM

Can someone please help me figure out: is it possible to visit Sanchi from Bhopla in a half day? How long would it take from Bhopal to Sanchi and how much time do I need in Sanchi? Do you know any good tour operators in Bhopal?

Thank you,

1 Answer May 4, 2007 at 1:22 AM
    • untrix's Profile Photo

2 days in Bhopal

Bhopal Apr 14, 2007 at 12:13 PM

Hi VTers from Bhopal, I look forward to hear from u ppl verrrry soon cuz I will be in Bhopal on 20th of April 2007 & spending next 2 days there itself. I would like to hear from u locals abt what are the places that one must must must see in Bhopal & what is the best way to go abt the city.
      The mode of transport etc. I would also be grateful if someone who has been to bhopal helps me out with regards to a time table for touring abt bhopal in 2 days.
      Thanks all

• panna national park

Khajuraho Mar 30, 2006 at 12:08 PM

we will be in Khajuraho for 2 nights. i would like to arrange one day
      in panna national park. is Panna park worth the day. there will be 4 of us
      anyone have any suggestions of how to arrange this ??

thanks

2 Answers Aug 7, 2012 at 3:31 AM
    • sando233's Profile Photo

Bandhavgarh Tiger reserve

State of Madhya Pradesh Jan 16, 2006 at 3:15 AM

I am planning a trip for about 1 week to Bandhavgarh after a couple of weeks in Goa. I will be departing from and returning to Mumbia. The thought of a jungle safari and spotting a tiger in the wild is sooooo exciting and from what I've read, Bandhavgarh nature reserve seems to be the place to go. From my initial checks, it seems that getting a train to the area is easiest and cheapest and I should be able to arrange this in Mumbia on my way to Gao.

My main query is [1] how do I go about booking an elephant/jeep safari? Do I do this when I arrive or can I prebook [I'd hate to go that far and not get booked] [2] are there any reasonable hotels near the reserve that i can book over the net? [3] how many hours [approx] is the train trip from Mumbia to the area?

Any advice on these points would be greatly appreciated but any useful comments on how to go about this adventure would be great. Thanks in anticipation,

Sandy

2 Answers Oct 1, 2009 at 2:48 AM
    • vivekb's Profile Photo

A 7-8 day trip in Madhya Pradesh - lots of questions

State of Madhya Pradesh Nov 8, 2005 at 11:29 PM

I am planning to go to MP towards the end of February, for the Khajuraho Dance festival. However, that is not the only item on my agenda. I plan to cover Jabalpur-Bhedaghat and either Kanha National Park or Pachmarhi in the visit.
      Need help from people who have been there.

1. Please suggest a good tour company/travel agent who would help me with a car and booking a few hotels. I am based in Pune.

2. Has anybody been to the Dance Festival? How is it? How is the rush? Should I book tickets for the same in advance? What is the best way to get tickets?

3. What is a good hotel in Khajuraho to stay? I read not so good reviews about Taj Chandela. Clarks and Holiday Inn seem to be ok. How are Usha Bundela and Jass Trident?

4. It is not possible to pack all 4 (Khajuraho, Bhedaghat, Kanha and Pachmarhi) all in a 1-week trip. I am definitely planning to cover the first two. Any suggestion about whether I should go to Kanha or Pachmarhi?

5. What is the best way to see the Marble Rocks in Bhedaghat? Some details would be good.

6. Please suggest good hotels/resorts in Pachmarhi and Kanha NP.

7. What is the best way to spend two days in Pachmarhi? Is a guide needed? Where can I find a good guide?

8. I am thinking of traveling to one of the train stations in the area and then hiring a car for the rest of the tour. Is this a good idea? Any better alternative?

6 Answers Apr 21, 2010 at 2:07 AM
    • do-it-yourself tour north india

Khajuraho Oct 12, 2005 at 2:02 PM

hello,
      i am planning to visit india in december '05. i only have 4-5 days, but i really want to see the Taj Mahal, Jaipur, and Khajuraho, using Delhi as a base.
      Is it possible to do all of this in the limited time that i have?
      Can one book these tours from Delhi?

6 Answers Aug 7, 2012 at 3:23 AM
    • Bandhavgarh

State of Madhya Pradesh Dec 3, 2004 at 11:29 PM

do anyone has idea about the condition of roads around bandhavgarh. Is journey from jabalpur to bandhavgarh confortable or bumpy. Is is better to go from Umaria. How to book hotels there from delhi. I want a fairly budget hotel there. Whether they provide accomodation inside the jungle like in corbett park. I plan to go there in March 2005.

1 Answer Feb 6, 2006 at 10:12 AM
    • coconutwireless's Profile Photo

Another Question on Bandhavgarh  Wildlife Park?

State of Madhya Pradesh Sep 15, 2004 at 2:10 AM

Anyone ever stayed at the White Tiger Forest Lodge    in the Bandhavgarh  Wildlife Park? It is a MPT, Forest Rest House . Would appreciate your comments on that Lodge or any other budget minded accomodations with AC and hot water and toilet ensuite. Please include an e-mail contact and web page if you have the information. mahalo traveling with aloha the coconut wireless

2 Answers Sep 15, 2004 at 12:12 PM
    • coconutwireless's Profile Photo

KANHA, BANDHAVGARH & RANTHAMBOHRE Wildlife Parks

State of Madhya Pradesh May 24, 2004 at 1:41 PM

Aloha from Kauai Would like to know where anyone out there has stayed when visiting Kanha and Bandhavgarh and Ranthambhore National Wildlife Parks?? Comments on the level of accommodations and the costs and transportation used to get to the parks would also be appreciated. It would also be helpful to know what time of year (weather) you where there and how long ago? Mahalo(thanks) traveling with aloha the coconut wireless

1 Answer May 31, 2004 at 2:02 AM
    • jacquesrenaud's Profile Photo

To go to Mandu (Madav) arriving from Khandhwa by train...

State of Madhya Pradesh Apr 5, 2004 at 3:58 AM

Hi, I want to go to Mandu in july. I will arrive by train from Khandhwa and I prefer not to go to Indore (or Mhow) to go back by bus (3/4 hours) to Mandu (time lost ?). I want to know if it is a good Idea to stop either in Sanawad either in Barwaha. From which town I have more chances to find buses (or taxi but money money...) ? I sent an e-mail to http://www.mptourism.com/ but I think that sarkari karmacari are too busy to answer. Thank you

9 Answers Sep 24, 2011 at 7:19 AM