State of Kerala

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• need advise for honeymoon trip.

Kovalam Apr 14, 2014 at 2:52 AM

i am going to Kerala(india) for my honeymoon in July please advise ...

2 Answers Yesterday
    • Where to stay

Munnar Mar 15, 2014 at 4:37 AM

I ant to visit Munnar during april end for 3N/4 days.....Please teel me the locality where i should search for a hotel...from where i can visit all the sighseein gplaces.....with in the range of 2000 to 3000 per day...nd what about local transport in munnat for sightseeing???

1 Answer Mar 18, 2014 at 4:31 AM
    • Can you recommend me?

Kochi Mar 6, 2014 at 1:36 AM

In which temple in and around cochin can pitru tarpanam or shraddham done? Thank you

1 Answer Mar 6, 2014 at 1:43 PM
    • NIGHT SIGHTSEEING AT KOCHI

Kochi Feb 27, 2014 at 1:40 AM

HELLO I AM REACHING COCHIN AT 9 PM AND WILL MOVE NEXT DAY MORNING 6 AM , PL SUGGEST SOME PLACES FOR NIGHT SIGHTSEEING AT KOCHI

4 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 7:23 AM
    • Houseboat Operators

Alappuzha Feb 13, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Please recommend the good service providers for boat cruise on the back waters. read so many reviews of how some can be disappointing. Please advice as that will be one of the highlights of our trip

Thanks

Sonia

2 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 8:41 PM
    • munnar visit

Munnar Feb 7, 2014 at 1:26 AM

we will staying at sterling resorts at chinnakanal village 22 km away from munnar main city,
      1. any cheap transport facility from munnar bus stand to resort?
      2. are there any small restaurants near resort for b/f lunch.dinner.
      3, any nice places to visit near resort?

• Travelling with a 2 1/2 year old

Kochi Feb 6, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Any travel tips for travelling with a 2 1/2 year old??? We plan to visit some temples & museum s as that will interest our son as well. We are Malaysian Indians (I'm a Malaysian Malayalee). So its like going back home for me :)

Tq

Mrs. Andy

5 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 12:18 AM
    • Tourist place

Munnar Jan 17, 2014 at 10:06 AM

I want to know the places for site seeing and enjoing the trip, so please provide the details of those places in the munnar, it should be in the same route.. so that i can enjoy with my bike

5 Answers Jan 18, 2014 at 1:19 AM
    • hotel in kochi

Kochi Jan 5, 2014 at 10:33 AM

hello...we are a couple going to kochi end of jan and we want to spend 25$ per night which hotel do u suggest..the hotel to be clean and good condition

3 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 5:09 AM
    • Munnar Trip for 4 days

Munnar Dec 30, 2013 at 5:38 AM

Please suggest the places to visit in 4 days Trip to munnar.

I would be happy if someone suggest me some good hotels/Resorts.. also suggest is it better option to book a package or to plan by myself...

I am planning to visit in Feb 1st week and my preference is a over nyt stay in boat house :) .

4 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 12:18 AM
    • how to book or find a bus from Cochin or Ernakulam to Munnar?

Munnar Dec 20, 2013 at 11:59 PM

hi everyone
      we are landing in cochin airport and will stay 2 nights in Ernakulam. we would like to know where we can find a bus in Cochin or Ernakulam that goes to Munnar. are there anywebsites in which we can make online bookings?

thanks a lot.

6 Answers Jan 1, 2014 at 8:44 PM
    • Back water tour

Alappuzha Dec 13, 2013 at 4:50 AM

I want to have best and scenic experience of alappuzha. Please suggest some tips which can help me to decide following things.
      1. Convienet location of hotel to travel locally using local transportation.
      2. Houseboat cruise / common tour of about 3 to 5 hrs (need economic) through backwater.
      3. What would be the cost for cruise/boat per person.

Thanks
      Rahul J

1 Answer Dec 19, 2013 at 3:19 AM
    • Ideal hotel

Munnar Dec 5, 2013 at 8:54 AM

which is an ideal hotel/resort to stay in munnar if we intend to do lot of sightseeing?

2 Answers Dec 19, 2013 at 3:21 AM
    • balramdass's Profile Photo

Night Entertainment in Kovalam

Kovalam Dec 5, 2013 at 6:30 AM

Hi All
      Coming to Kovalam in late Jan and staying at the Turtle Beach hotel. Can you tell me if there is any evening entertainment in and around Kovalam please, any kathakali show? With bar would be great.
      Many thanks in advance

1 Answer Dec 5, 2013 at 1:54 PM
    • How to go from Kerala to Goa ?

Thiruvananthapuram Nov 28, 2013 at 2:52 AM

How to go from Kerala to Goa by bus or train on 30th Dec the peak time of the year

11 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 5:56 PM
    • mysore ,ooty and best of kerala in 11 days. is that a busy shedule?

State of Kerala Nov 12, 2013 at 9:29 AM

guys we r two couple planing for a south india toure in start of janury. we will start from bangalore (just night stay). next morning mysore for 1 day, ooty 2, kochi 2, munnar 2, perriar 1, alleppey 1 (only full day boating), kovalam 2 (2nd day morning kanyakumari for a daytrip), next day back from trivandrum cnt. we alredy booked our train tickets. guys I beg to ask u some questions as this is our first trip beyond home twon kolkata.

a) guys is that very busy shedule ? if yes what should be the modification.

b) should we book hotels in advance? which places should be give priority for book?

c) if we hire a cub/taxi for fullday shightseeing or for shift from one place to another then what whould be the fare? is that burgainable or any fixed rate follwoes? give a example for atleast 100km journy.

we r looking for a budget toure. kindly help me with some suggetions.
      I am wating for your valuable inputs and thoughts.

4 Answers Nov 13, 2013 at 1:08 AM
    • janettelatonya's Profile Photo

Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary

Alappuzha Nov 6, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Where can one go to see birds near Alappuzha in India? Where is the following place near Alleppey?

4 Answers Nov 26, 2013 at 11:05 PM
    • Whether AC required in December

Kochi Nov 5, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Hi. Im travelling to South India for the first time in December and wanting a book a hotel in Cherai and houseboat in Alleppy. Should I go for AC accommodation or non ac would be fine. Basically I want to know how the weather will be in mid december. Please guide.

6 Answers Nov 6, 2013 at 4:59 AM
    • ddavisgr's Profile Photo

Place to see around Kochi

Kochi Oct 31, 2013 at 4:39 AM

Am going to Kochi for about 4 days in December. What are the places to see within 150 kms of Kochi. Please suggest

7 Answers Nov 6, 2013 at 5:07 AM
    • balramdass's Profile Photo

kochi airport hotels

Kochi Oct 6, 2013 at 6:32 AM

hi all. I need a hotel for one night in kochi by the airport as my flight lands late and next morning im off to the falls. My question is can you suggest a hotel which has some bars and restaurants in the area where i can enjoy the evening rather than just sit in one bar of the hotel. many thanks in advance

1 Answer Oct 10, 2013 at 3:40 AM
    • aletaj.'s Profile Photo

Long stay visitor Kovalam

Thiruvananthapuram Sep 25, 2013 at 7:25 AM

I would love to know the best way to find a studio or one bedroom apartment for 3 months (Nov. > Feb. 2014 ) in Kovalam, Kerala. Searching on internet appears to only produce the luxury and expensive accommodation that are not within my budget.
      All suggestions are very much appreciated.
      Thank you...

7 Answers Oct 3, 2013 at 8:49 AM
    • Tour of Kovalam, Munnar & Kodaikanal

Kovalam Sep 24, 2013 at 5:08 AM

Hi,
      I want to make a tour plan of Kovalam, Munnar, Kodaikanal. Ca anybody guide me about the road plan starting from Kolkata to come back ?

2 Answers Sep 24, 2013 at 9:46 AM
    • Leeches in Munnar ?

Munnar Sep 16, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Are there leeches in Munnar in October month?

3 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 9:41 PM
    • aletaj.'s Profile Photo

Apartment for 3 months in Kovalam

Kovalam Sep 3, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Hello VT members!

My husband and I are arriving to Trivandrum on November 4... We need a flat or apartment... large studio or one bedroom for 3 months...Nov>Feb.. furnished, wifi internet, pool, and sea view... preferred in good  location of Kovalam.   On internet i am only finding expensive luxury places above our budget of 25,000. rupees per month..

Any suggestions or contacts is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

• kin79's Profile Photo

Traditional Onam Sadhya

Kochi Sep 3, 2013 at 3:11 AM

My family and me are reaching Kochi on the day of Onam. We would like to eat the traditional Onam Sadhya for Lunch. we are staying in Fort Cochin. Any suggestions where we can eat the Onam Sadhya ???

• Wildlife/nature arround Thrissur

State of Kerala Aug 26, 2013 at 12:55 AM

I will be visiting Thrissur soon for a wedding .Any tips for below options? :)
      Traveling from Banaglore to Thrissur;Have time from Sat evening to Tuesday evening.
      Interest: Nature/Wildlife/Tribal settlements Photography
      Travelling alone or with a single companion
      Stay: With minimum cost with hygienic condition and good food
      No car or Bike: Is there any bike renting option in Thrissur?

2 Answers Aug 26, 2013 at 3:47 AM
    • water sports in kovalam

Kovalam Jul 30, 2013 at 2:55 AM

are there any water sports activities in kovalam ????

4 Answers Jul 31, 2013 at 12:50 AM
    • Steph_1986's Profile Photo

Fellow solo female travellers

Kochi Jul 15, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Hi everyone, I'm travelling to Kerala in October this year. I'll be in Kochi for 2 nights and then planning to take a train up to Wayanad. Later on I'll be visiting Idduki and Alleypey. Let me know any if you want to travel together/take the train together? It'll be fun!

Cheers

2 Answers Jul 16, 2013 at 4:23 AM
    • GiulI79's Profile Photo

kerala

State of Kerala Jul 13, 2013 at 7:15 AM

a tip for a good driver in Kerala?

6 Answers Dec 11, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    • Steph_1986's Profile Photo

Fellow solo travellers to Kerala, India

State of Kerala Jul 4, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Will anyone be in Kerala this October? I'll be visiting these places (Cochin --> Wayanad --> Idukki --> Alleypey ) and staying at homestays at each of these places. If anyone wants to share a room, a cab or take the train together, lemme know. Cheers!

2 Answers Jul 5, 2013 at 2:46 AM