State of Jammu and Kashmir

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Help me find a name to for a specific guest house

Goa Dec 17, 2014 at 7:10 AM

We stayed at Silver Sands, off Beach rd in Candolim. A lady using our hotel pool said she was staying at a nearby guest house, so we went to look at it. We walked from the Silver Sands pool through a alley and arrived at the rear of the guest house on Beach road. The front was opposite(ish) "The Inferno" and the rear overlooked the back of Silver Sands. I have lost the contact details, can't find it on any map but I would recognise the lady owners name or the guest house name. Any help would be appreciated as I need to book flights soon.

more
    • nizash22's Profile Photo

new year party

Mangalore Dec 15, 2014 at 10:36 PM

which is the best destination in manglore if i plan for a night to be in a cosy and fun enjoyable night club in mangalore
      31 st dec night or jan 1 or 2 night

more
    • Visiting Coorg and stopping in Bangalore and Mysore for a few days each.

Bangalore Dec 7, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Hi!Everybody.I am travelling to Coorg in the last part of February and after having spent a week there would visit Mysore for three nights and then Bangalore two nights.Since we have never ventured that far South would be greatful if we could know the places to visit in all the three places.In Coorg we would be staying at theMahindra Resort in Medikeri.I understand it is a good place to stay.Please giveme all the finer tips of stay and eat local food.Most importantly what to do and see.
      Similarly what to do and see in both Mysore and Bangalore?Could you recommend some other places nearby.We would rather not spend time in the major cities.I am aware that in Mysore is the Krishansagar Lake and the Palace.
      I would be really greatful if we could visit another part of Coorg for a few days and not visit Bangalore,of which I am not too keen.Correct me if I am wrong.
      I look forward to hearing of some interesting places to see and do.
      Thanks!!
      Jayarep.

more
    • Middle of February 2015 - Is it good time to visit Gangtok/Pelling??

Gangtok Dec 7, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Hi I want to visit Gangtok coming this February most probably in Middle or end..So I want to know is it good time to visit there and what would be the condition there roads/snow etc. ?? Also I want few hotel names with contacts near MG Marg(fair rates)...

Thank you,

more
    • Visit Sikkim in February Last Week of February

Gangtok Dec 17, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Hello Folks, I m planning to visit Sikkim in the last week of February with my wife. We would like to visit monasteries, possibly stay away from the crowded places. We want to sometime alone but with nature. We would like to stay with local families in homely environment. So can you recommend me places that are generally not crowded, offer home stays with local cuisines and that can have small trails in the woods or along the hills. We are planning a trip for 7 days.

more
    • is it safe to visit manali in coming week

Manali Dec 13, 2014 at 10:21 PM

Me and my wife planned to visit manali from december 16th to december 22nd 2014.But in news now we are hearing that lot of snowfall happening and some tourists,vehicles are stuck due to snowfalls.So please let us know is it safe to visit manali now or not.

more
    • Quetion about Uzbekistan

Hyderabad Nov 30, 2014 at 4:28 AM

I am traveling by road from Nukus to Beynue. Crossing the border at Tagen. Couple of questions 1> how feasible if it to drive from Nukus to Beynue considering the time taken for border crossing? 2> Else what is the closest town to the Tagen border crossing to stay for the night? 3. How is the road condition between Nukus - Beynue?

more
    • Jan end is good to visit manali?

Manali Dec 18, 2014 at 12:14 PM

we are planing to visit manali at the end of jan. As we are hearing in News so much of snowfall happened their.
      So is it a good time to visit in end of January?? Please suggest us

more
    • USD in India

India Dec 4, 2014 at 11:46 PM

will need to get hold of some brand new USD. Does anyone know where I can buy USD preferably straight from my travel card so as to avoid having to do two exchange rates. My card is in £ so would be nice to buy $ straight with that and not lose out by buying rupees first.

more
    • goa 29 dec to 01 jan 15

Goa Dec 4, 2014 at 9:32 AM

hi i am travelling alone to goa between 29 to 01 jan 15, looking for companions for fun and enjoyment. you can reach me on ilu_arshi@yahoo.com

more
    • nattybabe's Profile Photo

Weekend in Chennai

Chennai (Madras) Dec 3, 2014 at 2:04 AM

Hi all,

I'm thinking about taking advantage of the new visa rules for India and heading to Chennai for a weekend next month.

Please can you let me know which area should I be looking at staying in? Having looked at accommodation it seems to be very wide spread.

Also, is it best to use cabs, drivers etc or is it easy enough to use public transport to get around.

Many thanks, Nat

more
    • Seeking Apts/Eco house - North Goa

Goa Nov 21, 2014 at 1:35 AM

We are 5 members(men) visiting goa on dec 28 and check out at Jan 1st(4 days).Looking for best accomodation in 2BHK Apartments/resorts/private houses/villas.Kindly refer me for the genuine contacts will be very much helpful.

more
    • shopping suggestion

Jaipur Yesterday

what is the best place to buy tie n dye print sarees???

more
    • windpaard's Profile Photo

info about possible diseases and dangers kerala coast

Varkkala Dec 17, 2014 at 1:12 PM

I would like to know of there are some dangers of diseases as malaria and dengue in kovalam,varkala,allepey?
      and also info about dangers of tourist traps in this places.
      I would like some review about the airport of trivandum,it's easy and quick to get through passport control?

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Sripuram Gold temple

Vellore Dec 10, 2014 at 7:14 AM

I am planning to visit Sripuram Gold temple end of this month. The walkway to reach the temple is around 2km, but will the return path covers another 2km or easy exit available. Heard special entrance fees can be paid to avoid this walk, but I think this walk is worth inside a nicely maintained premises. Anyone has any nice experiences or tips to share?

more
    • ddennis86's Profile Photo

To Start A small unique sports business in north Goa

Goa Nov 29, 2014 at 4:08 AM

What are the procedures and documents required to start a small new sports business in Goa.

more
    • Travelling to Gangtok from Dec 21st to Dec 24th

Gangtok Nov 26, 2014 at 3:15 AM

Hi,

We have planned for a trip to Gangtok and Darjeeling from Dec 21st to Dec 24th,We are a adult of 4 members and 1 child,4 years old.We ll be reaching NJP on Dec 21st morning 07:30am,We have planned to stay in Gangtok until 23rd morning and then leave to Darjeeling and stay in Darjeeling until 24th afternoon and then catch the train at NJP evening at 24th 08:00pm.

more
    • pleasehelp

Delhi Nov 23, 2014 at 2:15 AM

my domestic jet airways flight arrival at delhi terminal 3 . i have a train from the railways station. ca you tell me which is faster the metro or the taxi to reach the station

more
    • HELP US!!!!!!!

Manali Dec 7, 2014 at 11:51 PM

we are 2 guys planning a 15 day trip to manali in the coming may . our expected budject is rs30000 in total .so we are planning to make a trip with minimum cost as possible .we are hoping to divide the whole trip in to 3 diiferent sections...manali... solang...rohtang....so we would like to know a lot about the places here..and we would also like to know about food and accomadation at least prices...we are mostly interested in adventureous and natural place....so anybody and everybody can give a piece of advice............Thank you

more
    • what to wear in Mumbai

Mumbai Nov 26, 2014 at 2:03 AM

I am travelling to Mumbai on business during the first week of December. Is it ok to wear shorts and t-shirts (spaghetti straps?) during leisure time.

more
    • about nude beach

Goa Nov 22, 2014 at 1:06 AM

is there any fee to enter nude beach

more
    • Best itinerary and hotels reco for a roadtrip to Temples in Karnataka

State of Karnataka Dec 8, 2014 at 1:50 AM

Friends,

I plan to do a road trip covering the following places/temples - Belur, Halebid, Kollur, Horanadu, Udupi, Kattil, Dharmasthala, Kokke, Shringeri, Gokarna, Murudeshwar, Jog falls

I think this will be a 5-6 day trip.. please suggest the order of places to visit along with recommended hotels/places/homestay.. or pls help on any travelogue..

Truly appreciate the help. Thanks.

more
    • DIVYASRI's Profile Photo

Basic Information

Munnar Dec 10, 2014 at 12:50 PM

What are the famous Scenic Spots in and around Munnar??Please Share the Experience if You have Visited.

more
    • nizash22's Profile Photo

any Vter in india

Goa Dec 8, 2014 at 10:48 PM

i have put 2 VT meets in member meetings , one in mumbai and another one in Goa, both in india for the january first week
      no one seems answered orcome with any comments
      is there any of Vter available in iondia in mumbai goa or kerala from 30 december to january 6
      i would like to meet as i will be there in this time on inida taking a short vaccation from hectic work

more
    • Travelling alone to Goa from Bangalore 28 Dec'14 to 3rd Jan'15

Goa Nov 24, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Hello .. am planning to be in Goa for this New Year's eve ..travelling from Bangalore to Goa alone (n ya am not a fan of travelling alone) .. let me know if anyone has travel plans in the same time and I can join the group .. cheers..

more

Popular State of Jammu and Kashmir Travel Answer Locations

• aepagsuyuin's Profile Photo

Which is better Ladakh Range or Spiti Valley?

State of Jammu and Kashmir Nov 9, 2014 at 12:33 PM

Been planning on going to India on October next year to celebrate my birthday. Im also going there solo.

Which is better, going to Ladakh or Spiti?

1 Answer Nov 15, 2014 at 4:53 AM
    • drrajinderkumar's Profile Photo

Trip to srinagar in dec 2014

Srinagar Nov 5, 2014 at 9:39 AM

hi , i am new to here. i am very much fond of travelling, adventures.
      planning for a trip to srinagar in dec 2014, we will be 3-4families with kids 2yrs, 2yrs,6yrs. and a lovely HACHIKO 3 yrs old labrador. please suggest me weather going there will be gud with kids and my pet.
      please suggest any cottage in srinagar too.

2 Answers Nov 15, 2014 at 4:57 AM
    • how is the current condition of kashmir

State of Jammu and Kashmir Oct 8, 2014 at 10:08 AM

All bookings has been done for kashmir ..can i continue with the trip in october end..

1 Answer Oct 10, 2014 at 4:16 AM
    • planning to visit kashmir in December 1st week

State of Jammu and Kashmir Oct 7, 2014 at 6:37 AM

I am planning to visit kashmir in December 1st week.
      Is it safe to travel?
      What is the condition right now?
      And also advice hotels according to situation in december.
      I am planning to visit srinagar-gulmarg-sonmarg-pahalgam.
      Please advice me :(

• shrikant_tathe's Profile Photo

Kashmir in December

Srinagar Oct 1, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Will it be a good idea to visit kashmir in first week of december after all the disastrous floods.... fingers crossed. If also please suggest me the travel plan means how much I can cover in 2 and half days. Please guys eagerly waiting for your replies.

• How is Srinagar now?

Srinagar Sep 22, 2014 at 1:39 AM

I'm planning to visit Leh after Srinagar in the and of this week, is possible and safe now?
      Or is it better to get Leh after Manali? Is situation on the road Manali- Leh safe for tourists now?

1 Answer Sep 22, 2014 at 3:37 AM
    • How safe it is to visit kashmir now?

Srinagar Sep 9, 2014 at 8:50 PM

AFTER ALL THE FLOOD THE STATE HAS SUFFERED FROM, IS IT POSSIBLE TO VISIT KASHMIR NOW?
      I have a road trip from Jammu to Ladakh, 27th of this month.
      Is it possible to carry on with the plans?

1 Answer Sep 9, 2014 at 10:50 PM
    • How safe it is to visit kashmir now?

Srinagar Sep 9, 2014 at 8:50 PM

AFTER ALL THE FLOOD THE STATE HAS SUFFERED FROM, IS IT POSSIBLE TO VISIT KASHMIR NOW?
      I have a road trip from Jammu to Ladakh, 27th of this month.
      Is it possible to carry on with the plans?

2 Answers Sep 10, 2014 at 8:13 AM
    • Anyone know is this area flooded in Srinagar?

Srinagar Sep 9, 2014 at 2:58 AM

Ground Floor, Sheikh Building Shiraz Chowk, Khanyar Road, Srinagar - 190003, Jammu & Kashmir, India,.

• Advice please :-)

Leh Sep 8, 2014 at 2:51 PM

Hi, I am planing a trip with my 9 year old son in May next year, I'm a single mum, but believe this should not stop me/ or allow him to miss out, so will be traveling on my own with him, I know he will love it very much, as he is very inquisitive child who loves new things and adventure, I just wanted to see what others who have been think? Is leh save to travel alone with a child? Thanks in Advance :-)

7 Answers Nov 17, 2014 at 2:47 AM
    • Air ticket booked, still safe to go?

Srinagar Sep 7, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Departing on 17/9 for a onwards road trip from Srinagar to Leh. Regarding the current flooding situation, is it still safe to go to Srinagar? Anyone arriving today? How's the flooding affecting your travelling plan?

2 Answers Sep 7, 2014 at 9:43 PM
    • I will go leh Next year too (2015) in may end-june

Leh Aug 27, 2014 at 7:15 PM

I will go leh Next year too (2015) in may end-june any companions wana join for manali to leh to srinagar then join me in their vehicles.

1 Answer Sep 3, 2014 at 12:01 AM
    • Guest house

Leh Aug 27, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Anyone has any contact for stay in November 2014 for two ppl me n my wife

2 Answers Aug 28, 2014 at 11:44 AM
    • itinerary feedback

Srinagar Aug 23, 2014 at 3:52 AM

Hello everyone,
      I am also going to srinagar on 26 Aug, wanted to check out your suggestions on my itenary:
      26 Aug- arrive in srinagar- go directly to sonamarg
      hotel in sonamarg (Hotel zamzam/ hotel snow heights)
      27 Aug- morning visit to tiger hills. Return to Srinagar by night. stay in houseboat
      28 Aug- srinagar to gulmarg, sightseeing in gulmarg, overnight stay
      29 Aug- gulmarg to srinagar, local s/s, stay in houseboat
      30 aug- gulmarg to pahalgam, overnight stay
      31 aug- pahalgam to srinagar. flight at 3 pm

1 Answer Aug 24, 2014 at 3:24 AM
    • Safety of Family in Srinagar

Srinagar Aug 16, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Hi, I am planning to visit Srinagar during August 22-29 2014 along with family with my 4 year old children. Is there a concern for safety of tourists during this particular period, considering the recent spate of skirmishes between BSF and terrorists in J & K. Just a concern around the safety of my family. Can someone advise please?

1 Answer Aug 17, 2014 at 12:52 AM
    • Visiting Srinagar in the month of feb

Srinagar Aug 15, 2014 at 11:09 PM

If I visit Srinagar in the month of feb at somewhere around 16th feb to 19 the feb. What all places i can visit. i am planning to come. Do srinagar roads to Airport gets blocked due to snow in feb, What all places can i visit in the month of feb from srinagar

2 Answers Aug 18, 2014 at 3:32 AM
    • Leh climate

Leh Aug 11, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Hai I am planning to visit Leh between Septmeber 20th to 28th with my wife and five year old child. Please suggest whether this is the right time to visit.

5 Answers Aug 14, 2014 at 2:40 AM
    • about taxi

Leh Aug 8, 2014 at 12:03 PM

how many seater and rate

5 Answers Aug 13, 2014 at 6:07 PM
    • An hotel or a houseboat.

Srinagar Aug 7, 2014 at 4:38 PM

I'm going in October, which can be cool or cold. Should I stay at an hotel or on a houseboat and also want quasi luxury accommodations, good service, great view of the lake. Any suggestions. Barbara3@rogers.com Toronto Canada

2 Answers Aug 7, 2014 at 10:34 PM
    • Visit to kashmir in august

State of Jammu and Kashmir Aug 6, 2014 at 1:40 PM

what kind of clothes should we pack ? what other things will be required in such weather

3 Answers Aug 8, 2014 at 1:14 AM
    • indica fare from airport to gulamarg gondola

Gulmarg Aug 5, 2014 at 1:17 PM

what is the indica model taxi from airport to gondola and airport to dallake?

Regards
      Sonny

• clothing requirements?

Leh Aug 2, 2014 at 12:11 AM

what type of clothing would be needed for bike ride in leh and outside area?

8 Answers Aug 13, 2014 at 6:16 PM
    • kargil to leh

Leh Aug 1, 2014 at 2:08 AM

how can I travel from kargil to leh

6 Answers Aug 13, 2014 at 9:24 PM
    • Shopping in Srinagar

Srinagar Jul 30, 2014 at 2:09 AM

What is the Best thing to shop in Srinagar in the month of August 2014 and can anyone tell me a good Budget hotel in Srinagar ?

Thanks

PUNEET NEB

2 Answers Jul 30, 2014 at 7:55 AM
    • Kashmir trip in the last week of November 2014

State of Jammu and Kashmir Jul 28, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Im planning to visit Kashmir with my family in the last week of November 2014..Will there be snowfall. What will be the temperature during that time. which places in Kashmir we will get snow.

2 Answers Jul 30, 2014 at 4:17 AM
    • Induc's Profile Photo

Visit in September

Gulmarg Jul 27, 2014 at 2:14 AM

Me and my husband are visiting Kashmir in first week of September. We wish to know
      1. The Gondola rides will be open in September
      2. Will there be snow during that period on stage I or stage 2 of Gondola stations
      3. Can we go in morning from Srinagar, take Gondola ride and small walk in Valley and then return back by evening to Srinagar.
      4. What are bus timings.

Induc

• Safety of a 2 year old on leh trip

Leh Jul 25, 2014 at 10:20 PM

we intend to travel to leh in sept. with our 2 year old son who is going there for the first time. We have been there once prior. Is it a good idea or should we wait till he is 5 +..? AMS is scaring me a lot though our son we know can communicate his problems but what would we do if he actually develops AMS other than interrupting the trip for everyone else accompanying us.. so my question is 1 ) do we take him along.. 2) If we still do other than descending to alchi what esle can we do to counteract his AMS if he actually develops it ( God forbid).

7 Answers Jul 27, 2014 at 4:39 AM
    • i am going to leh in oct can u please suggest a decent hotel reasonably priced but good

Leh Jul 24, 2014 at 12:01 AM

pl suggest a hotel to stay

4 Answers Jul 27, 2014 at 6:58 PM
    • transportation and charges

Leh Jul 12, 2014 at 11:32 AM

How far it is from jaipur?? And what are the transportation ways except flights and how many days it will take to reach leh from jaipur by bus or by oter facilities and what are the charges for bus transport from delhi to leh ladakh?

5 Answers Jul 26, 2014 at 12:26 AM
    • visiting kasmir valley for a week during august

Jammu Jul 6, 2014 at 7:36 PM

I am planning 2 visit kashmir during mid aug for my honeymoon. Kindly suggest the places I can visit and the no of days we can stay at each place. I am looking for a place 2 stay where there wld b snow. Kindly suggest.

6 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 2:59 AM