State of Jammu and Kashmir

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hotel Mannat Resort and Grand Mumtaj

Srinagar May 23, 2015 at 1:21 AM

How is Hotel Mannat Resort for stay in srinagar? and how is Hotel Grand Mumtaj for stay in Pahelgam and Gulmarg

more
    • How good are JKTDC house boats in Srinagar?

Srinagar May 22, 2015 at 7:59 AM

Have anyone been there! Can you share your experience?

What is their exact location?

There is no information/photos in the official website.

more
    • Leh-Manali trip suggestions

Leh Yesterday

Hi everyone. I am planning a short 10-12 days trip to Leh and Manali. I'll reach Delhi on 13 june. No plans ahead. I'll travel through road. Please suggest me :
      1- Which route i should take. Shrinagar-Leh-Manali or Manali-Leh-Shrinagar??
      2- If Shrinagar-Leh-Manali then where to stay overnight?? What are bus tumings and fares as I want to travel Shringar-Leh in daylight?

3- How to reach Leh via Kargil?? Where to stay overnight??
      4- What are main tourist attractions in Leh?? How much days I should stay Leh or Ladakh to cover main and important tourist attractions??
      5- Where to stay in Leh or Ladakh as my budget is limited??
      6- I want to do paragliding then which is best place Leh or Manali??,What is its cost??
      7- How to reach Manali via Keylong? What are bus timings and fares?
      8- I want to stay for 2 days in Manali. What are main tourist attractions and where to stay there in budget rents??

Also give me all additional information regarding this trip. I shall be grateful to you..

more
    • EDENjrow's Profile Photo

anyone looking for a travel partner?

Jammu May 20, 2015 at 12:22 AM

Just a call out for anyone in the same boots as me.. In two days (providing the road is open) I'll be heading to Srinagar from Jammu via bus. Is anyone interested in joining me? or perhaps meeting in Srinagar?

I'm 20 years old, Australian and travelling solo around J&K. Having just left Nepal, I'm keen to meet up with a fellow traveler for some company. My interests include trekking, documentary photography, adventure sports and so on.

Hoping to do a full circuit of J&K over the next few weeks with day trips to the lesser visited areas. Also looking to do a bit of trekking in Ladakh. If there's anyone out there that's interested, please let me know!

Cheers!

Eden.

more
    • Is the iternary good for us considering factors like fatigue and AMS issues

Leh May 14, 2015 at 4:30 AM

Below is my plan of action from 12th of jun to 28th June..please let me know if it suits us..
      I’m primarily concerned on two major factors.. AMS and fatigue due to driving ( so do let me know if there is a miss somewhere)
      My husband and me along with my dad and my uncle are taking this drive . My dad is a heart patient and will turn 65 when we would be in Leh!!! This trip is possible only because of his sheer persistence on doing this via road and for him this is a must do!!!
      4 of us plan to travel from pune-Dhule- chittorgarh-hanumangarh-patnitop-Srinagar-and ahead
      16th June Srinagar
      17th June Srinagar to Kargil
      18th June Kargil to leh
      19th June leh
      20th June leh to nubra
      21st June nubra
      22nd June leh
      23rd June leh to pangong and back (since few ppl told us to avoid staying overnight owing to ams issues) ur views please
      24th June leh
      25th June leh to sarchu( is staying over at sarchu safe enough or should we stretch it to jispa)
      26th June starchy/ji spa to Manali
      27th June Manali to Chandigarh
      28th June Chandigarh to pune ( this time we plan to come with leisure)
      Leaves till 2nd July :))).

more
    • if we are flying directly to leh from delhi, do we need to rest a day for acclimatization?

Leh Apr 28, 2015 at 10:11 PM

if we are flying directly to leh from delhi, do we need to rest a day for acclimatization?

more

Popular State of Jammu and Kashmir Travel Answer Locations

• Leh-Manali trip suggestions

Leh Yesterday

Hi everyone. I am planning a short 10-12 days trip to Leh and Manali. I'll reach Delhi on 13 june. No plans ahead. I'll travel through road. Please suggest me :
      1- Which route i should take. Shrinagar-Leh-Manali or Manali-Leh-Shrinagar??
      2- If Shrinagar-Leh-Manali then where to stay overnight?? What are bus tumings and fares as I want to travel Shringar-Leh in daylight?

3- How to reach Leh via Kargil?? Where to stay overnight??
      4- What are main tourist attractions in Leh?? How much days I should stay Leh or Ladakh to cover main and important tourist attractions??
      5- Where to stay in Leh or Ladakh as my budget is limited??
      6- I want to do paragliding then which is best place Leh or Manali??,What is its cost??
      7- How to reach Manali via Keylong? What are bus timings and fares?
      8- I want to stay for 2 days in Manali. What are main tourist attractions and where to stay there in budget rents??

Also give me all additional information regarding this trip. I shall be grateful to you..

2 Answers Yesterday
    • Hotel Mannat Resort and Grand Mumtaj

Srinagar May 23, 2015 at 1:21 AM

How is Hotel Mannat Resort for stay in srinagar? and how is Hotel Grand Mumtaj for stay in Pahelgam and Gulmarg

• How good are JKTDC house boats in Srinagar?

Srinagar May 22, 2015 at 7:59 AM

Have anyone been there! Can you share your experience?

What is their exact location?

There is no information/photos in the official website.

• EDENjrow's Profile Photo

anyone looking for a travel partner?

Jammu May 20, 2015 at 12:22 AM

Just a call out for anyone in the same boots as me.. In two days (providing the road is open) I'll be heading to Srinagar from Jammu via bus. Is anyone interested in joining me? or perhaps meeting in Srinagar?

I'm 20 years old, Australian and travelling solo around J&K. Having just left Nepal, I'm keen to meet up with a fellow traveler for some company. My interests include trekking, documentary photography, adventure sports and so on.

Hoping to do a full circuit of J&K over the next few weeks with day trips to the lesser visited areas. Also looking to do a bit of trekking in Ladakh. If there's anyone out there that's interested, please let me know!

Cheers!

Eden.

3 Answers Yesterday
    • Is the iternary good for us considering factors like fatigue and AMS issues

Leh May 14, 2015 at 4:30 AM

Below is my plan of action from 12th of jun to 28th June..please let me know if it suits us..
      I’m primarily concerned on two major factors.. AMS and fatigue due to driving ( so do let me know if there is a miss somewhere)
      My husband and me along with my dad and my uncle are taking this drive . My dad is a heart patient and will turn 65 when we would be in Leh!!! This trip is possible only because of his sheer persistence on doing this via road and for him this is a must do!!!
      4 of us plan to travel from pune-Dhule- chittorgarh-hanumangarh-patnitop-Srinagar-and ahead
      16th June Srinagar
      17th June Srinagar to Kargil
      18th June Kargil to leh
      19th June leh
      20th June leh to nubra
      21st June nubra
      22nd June leh
      23rd June leh to pangong and back (since few ppl told us to avoid staying overnight owing to ams issues) ur views please
      24th June leh
      25th June leh to sarchu( is staying over at sarchu safe enough or should we stretch it to jispa)
      26th June starchy/ji spa to Manali
      27th June Manali to Chandigarh
      28th June Chandigarh to pune ( this time we plan to come with leisure)
      Leaves till 2nd July :))).

7 Answers Yesterday
    • if we are flying directly to leh from delhi, do we need to rest a day for acclimatization?

Leh Apr 28, 2015 at 10:11 PM

if we are flying directly to leh from delhi, do we need to rest a day for acclimatization?

11 Answers May 20, 2015 at 9:44 PM
    • Earthquake

State of Jammu and Kashmir Apr 26, 2015 at 7:04 AM

Is it safe to travel to Kashmir and Ladakh in view of the recent major earthquake in Nepal?
      Our flight is leaving on May 1 and v will b in Ladakh travelling from Srinagar on May 5. Please advise,

Thank you.

11 Answers Apr 29, 2015 at 1:17 PM
    • Type of Road

Srinagar Apr 6, 2015 at 9:22 AM

Is entire journey over hilly roads ? Or it involves some part in plain roads? Approximate division in terms of time / distance ?

1 Answer Apr 6, 2015 at 11:01 PM
    • Urgently need guidance

Srinagar Apr 1, 2015 at 7:47 AM

Helo everyone. Me and my husband are planning to visit srinagar this weekend on ltc basis. Kindly someone guide us, can we take the trip now? is it safe now? Please anyone give us clarifications so that we can plan accordingly.

3 Answers Apr 6, 2015 at 10:02 AM
    • need your help

Srinagar Mar 29, 2015 at 11:55 PM

good morning
      there is heavy rain in kashmir as i heard. is there is worry of flooding ? how safe to be there during this period? is roads closed between srinagar and other cities?
      thank you

5 Answers Apr 1, 2015 at 7:44 AM
    • weather condition

Srinagar Mar 28, 2015 at 5:08 AM

hi friends
      how are you
      i hope all of you are fine
      i will reach srinagar on 1st of april
      will the raining weather will disturb our trip? will Mughal Gardens will be open on that day?
      can you tell me about weather condition from 1 to 8 of april ?
      best regards

6 Answers Mar 28, 2015 at 6:15 AM
    • gondola ride ticket

Srinagar Mar 22, 2015 at 1:26 AM

Hello
      I want to ask about gulamarg ?
      Is it better to book the ticket on line or buy it at same day from there?

4 Answers Mar 26, 2015 at 11:45 PM
    • Anybody wanna join

Leh Mar 18, 2015 at 11:10 AM

hi,
      Me and my friend is travelling to leh in august as we are only 2 people so if any other group or few other people would like to join than kindly reply.

2 Answers Mar 18, 2015 at 12:23 PM
    • gondola ride ticket

Gulmarg Mar 15, 2015 at 4:12 AM

Hi everybody
      I have a question About the gondola ride in Gulmarg Which is booking ticket via the Internet on advance or purchased on the same day when we go there?

• Query about place and stay options

Leh Mar 13, 2015 at 1:14 AM

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what are the options available for stay and transport options. 

which places are good for food and sight seeing, etc. 

9 Answers May 22, 2015 at 11:56 PM
    • H1N1 flu in kashmir

Srinagar Mar 12, 2015 at 10:54 AM

Hi
      can you help me
      we are from oman
      Our trip to kashmir next month
      How is the situation in kashmir ?? We are worry about H1N1 flu. Plz advise us

9 Answers Mar 20, 2015 at 4:31 AM
    • tourism condition at kashmir

Jammu Feb 3, 2015 at 6:46 AM

what is the present condition of tourism at kashmir

1 Answer Mar 16, 2015 at 2:47 AM
    • aepagsuyuin's Profile Photo

Which is better Ladakh Range or Spiti Valley?

State of Jammu and Kashmir Nov 9, 2014 at 12:33 PM

Been planning on going to India on October next year to celebrate my birthday. Im also going there solo.

Which is better, going to Ladakh or Spiti?

1 Answer Nov 15, 2014 at 4:53 AM
    • drrajinderkumar's Profile Photo

Trip to srinagar in dec 2014

Srinagar Nov 5, 2014 at 9:39 AM

hi , i am new to here. i am very much fond of travelling, adventures.
      planning for a trip to srinagar in dec 2014, we will be 3-4families with kids 2yrs, 2yrs,6yrs. and a lovely HACHIKO 3 yrs old labrador. please suggest me weather going there will be gud with kids and my pet.
      please suggest any cottage in srinagar too.

2 Answers Nov 15, 2014 at 4:57 AM
    • how is the current condition of kashmir

State of Jammu and Kashmir Oct 8, 2014 at 10:08 AM

All bookings has been done for kashmir ..can i continue with the trip in october end..

1 Answer Oct 10, 2014 at 4:16 AM
    • planning to visit kashmir in December 1st week

State of Jammu and Kashmir Oct 7, 2014 at 6:37 AM

I am planning to visit kashmir in December 1st week.
      Is it safe to travel?
      What is the condition right now?
      And also advice hotels according to situation in december.
      I am planning to visit srinagar-gulmarg-sonmarg-pahalgam.
      Please advice me :(

• shrikant_tathe's Profile Photo

Kashmir in December

Srinagar Oct 1, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Will it be a good idea to visit kashmir in first week of december after all the disastrous floods.... fingers crossed. If also please suggest me the travel plan means how much I can cover in 2 and half days. Please guys eagerly waiting for your replies.

• How is Srinagar now?

Srinagar Sep 22, 2014 at 1:39 AM

I'm planning to visit Leh after Srinagar in the and of this week, is possible and safe now?
      Or is it better to get Leh after Manali? Is situation on the road Manali- Leh safe for tourists now?

1 Answer Sep 22, 2014 at 3:37 AM
    • How safe it is to visit kashmir now?

Srinagar Sep 9, 2014 at 8:50 PM

AFTER ALL THE FLOOD THE STATE HAS SUFFERED FROM, IS IT POSSIBLE TO VISIT KASHMIR NOW?
      I have a road trip from Jammu to Ladakh, 27th of this month.
      Is it possible to carry on with the plans?

1 Answer Sep 9, 2014 at 10:50 PM
    • How safe it is to visit kashmir now?

Srinagar Sep 9, 2014 at 8:50 PM

AFTER ALL THE FLOOD THE STATE HAS SUFFERED FROM, IS IT POSSIBLE TO VISIT KASHMIR NOW?
      I have a road trip from Jammu to Ladakh, 27th of this month.
      Is it possible to carry on with the plans?

2 Answers Sep 10, 2014 at 8:13 AM
    • Anyone know is this area flooded in Srinagar?

Srinagar Sep 9, 2014 at 2:58 AM

Ground Floor, Sheikh Building Shiraz Chowk, Khanyar Road, Srinagar - 190003, Jammu & Kashmir, India,.

• Advice please :-)

Leh Sep 8, 2014 at 2:51 PM

Hi, I am planing a trip with my 9 year old son in May next year, I'm a single mum, but believe this should not stop me/ or allow him to miss out, so will be traveling on my own with him, I know he will love it very much, as he is very inquisitive child who loves new things and adventure, I just wanted to see what others who have been think? Is leh save to travel alone with a child? Thanks in Advance :-)

10 Answers May 11, 2015 at 8:00 PM
    • Air ticket booked, still safe to go?

Srinagar Sep 7, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Departing on 17/9 for a onwards road trip from Srinagar to Leh. Regarding the current flooding situation, is it still safe to go to Srinagar? Anyone arriving today? How's the flooding affecting your travelling plan?

2 Answers Sep 7, 2014 at 9:43 PM
    • karan_14's Profile Photo

I will go leh Next year too (2015) in may end-june

Leh Aug 27, 2014 at 7:15 PM

I will go leh Next year too (2015) in may end-june any companions wana join for manali to leh to srinagar then join me in their vehicles.

1 Answer Sep 3, 2014 at 12:01 AM
    • Guest house

Leh Aug 27, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Anyone has any contact for stay in November 2014 for two ppl me n my wife

2 Answers Aug 28, 2014 at 11:44 AM