Travel Answers
State of Jammu and Kashmir

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Sports(preferably adventurous) available in Kashmir.

State of Jammu and Kashmir Apr 13, 2014 at 2:56 AM

What are the sports which one should not miss if he/she visits Kashmir. Also what are the costs of the different sports available?

more
    • royalSangwan's Profile Photo

about leh, india

Leh Apr 17, 2014 at 4:53 AM

what is the texi fare of leh to nubra valley 24 april to 26 april

more

about leh, india

Leh Apr 17, 2014 at 4:03 AM

full detail of leh to nubra valley

more
    • GUIDE ME TO STAY IN PEHLGAM OR NOT

Srinagar Apr 17, 2014 at 5:12 AM

HI, first of all thanks to this very good site . we are planning to come in Srinagar in 28 of june and left on 4th of july with my family . I planned to land in Srinagar on 28 noon , go to hotel and visit to dal lake. On 29 go to gulmarg early morning and come back to Srinagar at night. On 30 explore Srinagar . On 1st of july go to phelgam early morning explore the whole day come back to Srinagar On 2nd of july go to sonmarg come back to Srinagar stay there till 4th of july . I do not want to stay in gulmarg and phelgam at night coz of very expensive hotels . I search on your site that the distance between Srinagar to gulmarg is 45 km and about 1 hr ride and distance between Srinagar to phelgam is 95 km and about 1 hr 45 min ride . SO please suggest me is it possible or not .I have 2 kids one is 13+ and other is 7+.Also tell me the car rent for both places.

more
    • help Needed

Srinagar Apr 16, 2014 at 10:29 PM

can some one provide me the details of a driver working in srinagar or jammu as we are planning to go to kashmir in july along with Amarnath yatra

more
    • URTAPANCHHI's Profile Photo

PALCES TO VISIT FROM SRINAGAR TO SONAMARG

Srinagar Mar 30, 2014 at 1:08 AM

what places can be visited on road journey from srinagar to sonamarg

more
    • ITINERARY FOR FIVE DAY STAY IN LEH

Leh Apr 14, 2014 at 4:03 AM

what would a five day itinerary be like.

more
    • risraw's Profile Photo

looking for a companion!

State of Jammu and Kashmir Apr 12, 2014 at 6:52 AM

Hi,
      I am looking for a companion to travel to Kashmir Valley. I am a lone traveler and would appreciate a friend/companion/traveler/backpacker to accompany..would be leaving Delhi to Kashmir valley on 18th of April.
      So is there anyone traveling on the same week to Pahalgam/Gulmarg/sonmarg and want a sort of companionship,please reply.Hand # 09899345604.

more
    • help needed for jammu n kashmir trip

State of Jammu and Kashmir Mar 24, 2014 at 6:33 AM

im planning j&k in june. pls gimme itnary. i wanna start frm jammu n end jammu. shld i book everything from here before leaving, or come and book thr. pls help

more
    • Honeymoon in Kashmir

State of Jammu and Kashmir Mar 22, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Can someone please advise if it is safe and good to go for honeymoon in Kashmir during mid may? Its been in the news for some wrong reasons, so I don't want to wreck up one of the most memorable moments of life. The other option I am considering is Kerala? Which would be better option during mid may? Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

more
    • Permit for Restricted areas- Nubra valley Ladakh

Leh Mar 30, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Can these permits be issued by Indian Embassy abroad?

more

Popular State of Jammu and Kashmir Travel Answer Locations

• GUIDE ME TO STAY IN PEHLGAM OR NOT

Srinagar Apr 17, 2014 at 5:12 AM

HI, first of all thanks to this very good site . we are planning to come in Srinagar in 28 of june and left on 4th of july with my family . I planned to land in Srinagar on 28 noon , go to hotel and visit to dal lake. On 29 go to gulmarg early morning and come back to Srinagar at night. On 30 explore Srinagar . On 1st of july go to phelgam early morning explore the whole day come back to Srinagar On 2nd of july go to sonmarg come back to Srinagar stay there till 4th of july . I do not want to stay in gulmarg and phelgam at night coz of very expensive hotels . I search on your site that the distance between Srinagar to gulmarg is 45 km and about 1 hr ride and distance between Srinagar to phelgam is 95 km and about 1 hr 45 min ride . SO please suggest me is it possible or not .I have 2 kids one is 13+ and other is 7+.Also tell me the car rent for both places.

2 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 10:13 PM

about leh, india

Leh Apr 17, 2014 at 4:53 AM

what is the texi fare of leh to nubra valley 24 april to 26 april

1 Answer Apr 18, 2014 at 7:35 AM

about leh, india

Leh Apr 17, 2014 at 4:03 AM

full detail of leh to nubra valley

1 Answer Apr 17, 2014 at 10:24 AM
    • help Needed

Srinagar Apr 16, 2014 at 10:29 PM

can some one provide me the details of a driver working in srinagar or jammu as we are planning to go to kashmir in july along with Amarnath yatra

2 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 6:28 AM
    • ITINERARY FOR FIVE DAY STAY IN LEH

Leh Apr 14, 2014 at 4:03 AM

what would a five day itinerary be like.

4 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 2:47 AM
    • Sports(preferably adventurous) available in Kashmir.

State of Jammu and Kashmir Apr 13, 2014 at 2:56 AM

What are the sports which one should not miss if he/she visits Kashmir. Also what are the costs of the different sports available?

• risraw's Profile Photo

looking for a companion!

State of Jammu and Kashmir Apr 12, 2014 at 6:52 AM

Hi,
      I am looking for a companion to travel to Kashmir Valley. I am a lone traveler and would appreciate a friend/companion/traveler/backpacker to accompany..would be leaving Delhi to Kashmir valley on 18th of April.
      So is there anyone traveling on the same week to Pahalgam/Gulmarg/sonmarg and want a sort of companionship,please reply.Hand # 09899345604.

4 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 4:59 AM
    • Permit for Restricted areas- Nubra valley Ladakh

Leh Mar 30, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Can these permits be issued by Indian Embassy abroad?

6 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 2:29 PM
    • URTAPANCHHI's Profile Photo

PALCES TO VISIT FROM SRINAGAR TO SONAMARG

Srinagar Mar 30, 2014 at 1:08 AM

what places can be visited on road journey from srinagar to sonamarg

1 Answer Apr 1, 2014 at 6:55 AM
    • help needed for jammu n kashmir trip

State of Jammu and Kashmir Mar 24, 2014 at 6:33 AM

im planning j&k in june. pls gimme itnary. i wanna start frm jammu n end jammu. shld i book everything from here before leaving, or come and book thr. pls help

4 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 7:47 AM
    • Honeymoon in Kashmir

State of Jammu and Kashmir Mar 22, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Can someone please advise if it is safe and good to go for honeymoon in Kashmir during mid may? Its been in the news for some wrong reasons, so I don't want to wreck up one of the most memorable moments of life. The other option I am considering is Kerala? Which would be better option during mid may? Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

5 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 11:07 AM
    • Transport Srinagar airport to Sonamarg

Srinagar Mar 17, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Where can I get or book transport from Srinagar airport to Sonamarg? And how much does it cost?

1 Answer Mar 20, 2014 at 3:20 AM
    • Is it advisable to Travel to Gulmarg & Srinagar with my kid 1.5Years old to gulmard in May

Gulmarg Mar 14, 2014 at 2:11 AM

Is it advisable to travel to Gulmarg with my Kid of 1.5Years old kid in May 2014

3 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 2:29 AM
    • Things to do in Gulmarg Kashmir

Gulmarg Mar 8, 2014 at 7:37 PM

How long a stay in Gulmarg is long enough when travelling with old ladies and children under 8 years? What are the recommended activities and places to eat?

3 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 5:27 AM
    • Visiting ladak during lok sabha election

Leh Mar 8, 2014 at 7:47 AM

We are 4 people travelling to leh, Nubra valley, Pangong Tso, Tso Moriri from 4th may to 11th may. i booked my ticket long back..now I am scared whether it is safe to visit ladakh during that time considering 7th is election date in ladakh? Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 12:58 AM
    • BhavyaD's Profile Photo

is there safety to travel in jammu kashmir at the time of lok sabha elections?

State of Jammu and Kashmir Mar 7, 2014 at 6:01 AM

is it safe to travel in jammu kasmir from 28 april to 7 may because i got my flight tickets before many months and now i am afraid due to lok sabha elections and riots happening there

4 Answers Mar 8, 2014 at 11:29 AM
    • Suggestion on road travel from Pahalgam to Jammu

State of Jammu and Kashmir Mar 7, 2014 at 12:42 AM

Hi, My name is Gargi Basu & I would be in J&k for a vacation from March 20th -28th. Pls suggest on the actual travel time from Pahalgam to Jammu. If I start at around 5.30 AM in the morning from Pahalgam on 28th March .. can i reach Jammu by 11.30 AM ?

1 Answer Mar 7, 2014 at 7:08 AM
    • Visit Kashmere in mid-march, which condition?

Srinagar Mar 4, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Hi,
      We booked a flight to Srinagar between March, 13th - 17th. What will be the weather of that time?
      I just wonder about the coldliness and the things to do there in this condiation.
      The point is we didn't prepare the warm cloth for India. Can we find some warm cloths easily while arriving there? How much should be the price?
      Is it possible to do houseboat in Srinagar, going to Gulmarg and grassland?
      Any suggestions for hotel or guesthouse? What kind of transport is better?
      We love to visit natural place and trekking acutally.

Thank you for any suggestions,

7 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 8:30 AM
    • Travel itinerary

Srinagar Mar 4, 2014 at 5:45 AM

I am planning a trip to Kashmir for 7 days in June. What are the best places to visit and hotels to stay at. I have been suggested - that Gulmarg, Pehalgam for 2 days each and 3 days in Srinagar should do it.

3 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 4:42 AM
    • uthathi's Profile Photo

Srinagar - Leh Journey, How much time one should spend in Srinagar?

Srinagar Mar 2, 2014 at 2:14 AM

Hi, I will be travelling with my parents to Srinagar - Ladakh in the month of June, We will reach Srinagar by 3:30, noon on 1st of June. We have a return ticket (flight) from Srinagar on 12th of June morning at 11 '0' clock. So how much time should we spend in Srinagar - should we depart for Leh on the morning of 3rd or 4th? Is one and half day enough for Srinagar or do we need to stay for two and a half day in Srinagar and then depart from Leh. Moreover, how much time does it take in a cab from Srinagar to Leh and no. of days to cover in Leh.

24 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 10:05 AM
    • Is it safe to travel considering lok sabha election in India

State of Jammu and Kashmir Feb 26, 2014 at 8:54 PM

is it safe to visit kashmir now....we r planning to visit sometime in mid march ?

2 Answers Feb 28, 2014 at 1:43 AM
    • srinagar during Ramzan

Srinagar Feb 26, 2014 at 6:04 AM

Is it advisable to travel srinagar during Id this july end?

1 Answer Feb 26, 2014 at 8:31 AM
    • VikkyM's Profile Photo

suggestion for trip for srinagar

Srinagar Feb 26, 2014 at 1:24 AM

hi i am planning a holiday from 24th may to 29th may 2014 in srinagar so far i booked wangnoo houseboat for 3 nights 24th may to 27th may and dar e salam hotel for 2 nights 27th to 29th may ,
      i have some questions is srinagar safe for tourism with family and kids can i stay there safely and go for sight seen
      also is wangnoo houseboats are good property as well as safe as i hear the stories living in houseboats is not good they stink and not hygienic, also is dar e salam hotel safe and good choice for stay pls help

3 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 4:19 AM
    • SumanK's Profile Photo

help with itinerary : 26th march to 1 april

Srinagar Feb 14, 2014 at 8:25 AM

HI, my parents, brother and i have planned to explore srinagar and surrounding areas of pehelgam, gulmarg during these 6 or so days. we land on 26th noon and need to leave on 1st noon, could you suggest what can be the spilt of days between these places so we can cover most of it?
      we plan on staying at hotels in srinagar and one out of pehelgam or gulmarg... please help!

3 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 2:12 AM
    • Motorbike rent in Leh

Leh Feb 12, 2014 at 2:44 AM

We are going to visit Ladakh in late August 2014. Anybody know rent prices of motorbike or scooter per day?
      Is it necessary to have bike driver license?
      Thanks
      Nomadium

3 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 3:06 AM
    • Expatriating

Srinagar Feb 11, 2014 at 7:38 AM

Greetings, I am a student from the U.S. who is considering the University of Kashmir for a M.Sc in applied geology. I have the financial ability to go through with such a move and to be able to live in the region for however long it takes to attain the degree. However, I understand that it is somewhat of an area of civil unrest occasionally? I am a decent person and respectable (by u.s. standards) but i'm wondering how well I would be received and if it's a sketchy idea to move there. I haven't been to Srinagar either, so there is that to consider.

6 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 3:08 PM
    • planning to visit in jammu and kashmir with 4yr old february end 2014

State of Jammu and Kashmir Feb 9, 2014 at 5:26 AM

We are planning to visit jammu and kashmir from 22nd to 26th Feb with my 4 yr old boy. kindly advise , is it safe to travel with 4yr old during this period

5 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 9:21 PM
    • Taxi jammu to Srinagar

Srinagar Feb 4, 2014 at 4:26 AM

How much it will cost to hire a taxi from Jammu to Srinagar??

2 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 3:40 AM
    • want travel buddy

Leh Feb 1, 2014 at 9:47 AM

I want to make a trip Srinagar-Leh-Manali in my Innova In this summer . I want tips and a travel partner ?

2 Answers Feb 1, 2014 at 11:17 AM
    • Ali_yc's Profile Photo

Share a hotel room during my Ski trip

Gulmarg Jan 29, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Hi
      I am travelling solo and would like to share my hotel room @ Heevan Retreat during my Ski trip to Gulmarg from 27th Feb to 5th March 2014. The share per night would be approx. 4000.00 INR per night.

2 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 12:12 PM