Popular State of Gujarat Travel Answer Locations

• Western food restaurant in jamnagar

Jamnagar Sep 28, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Name and adres of a Western food restaurant in jamnagar

2 Answers Sep 28, 2013 at 4:43 PM
    • HumeraI's Profile Photo

Tribal jewelry

State of Gujarat Jun 7, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Can you rell me a place in Rajkot where i can find kutchi/rabari/tribal jewelry at cheap prices?

5 Answers Jun 14, 2013 at 6:14 AM
    • Advanturous Plcae

Ahmadabad Apr 24, 2013 at 11:30 PM

show me adventurous place list in Ahmedabad

9 Answers Jun 8, 2013 at 5:31 AM
    • Roads

Ahmadabad Mar 14, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Which of the roads facility development in city

5 Answers Mar 14, 2013 at 2:53 PM
    • visiting Gujarat in Dec

State of Gujarat Nov 28, 2011 at 4:26 AM

Hi,
      Can anyone help me with our plans for holiday in India. We have abt 3 weeks. We thought of Gujarat and a few days in Hyderabad.

Should we rent a car or drive ourselves? Should we pay for a guide to travel with us? Train is not my choice as I can't sleep in them.

9 Answers Nov 29, 2011 at 5:46 PM
    • searching a temple into the sea

Veraval Jul 7, 2011 at 11:40 PM

where is the temple where paandavas worshipped Lord Shiva, which is surrounded by sea?
      It is said,At time of pooja, the sea water paves way for the pilgrims.
      After the pooja is over again the water surrounds temple.
      Is it true ?
      Some told that temple is near veraval.
      if you know about the temple pl answer me.

1 Answer Jul 8, 2011 at 12:08 AM
    • Dee_P's Profile Photo

A good dentist in Baroda/Vadodora?

Vadodara Feb 18, 2010 at 8:33 AM

This is probably not a usual question someone would ask on here, but I thought I would try my luck.

I'm off to India in a few days and have started to get some tooth pain (its too late for me to get an appointment with my dentist here.

Does anyone know of anywhere good in Baroda, Gujerat I can get my teeth checked out. And also, how much am I looking to pay.

4 Answers Feb 19, 2010 at 5:58 AM
    • aberdonian22's Profile Photo

Ahmedabad Restaurants

State of Gujarat Sep 29, 2009 at 1:19 PM

I am spending a week in Ahmedabad learning Gujarati (basic) before travelling to Bhuj and Kutch. I would love to spend the evenings sampling the best of typical Gujarati food and would welcome advice and recommendations (and company).
      I am travelling from Scotland, have not visited India before and hope to learn the language and culture of the State.
      Any help appreciated.
      Ian

3 Answers Sep 30, 2009 at 4:35 PM
    • What's the best place to look at the eclipse in Surat?

Surat Apr 3, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Hello everyone,

I'll be in Surat on July 22nd, too see the eclipse. I know it will occur in the morning. Does anyone know what would be the best place to look at it from? Are there any popular heights in Surat? Or surrounding? How would I get to them at those hours?

Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!

2 Answers Apr 16, 2009 at 11:02 PM
    • Air travel to Surat from Mumbai

Surat Mar 18, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Are there any direct flights from Mumbai to Surat. It seems most flights are from Delhi. Also approx how much is the fare on train AC2/3 sleeper class?

5 Answers Mar 13, 2013 at 10:01 AM
    • Ahmedabad Hotels.

Ahmadabad Dec 14, 2008 at 12:30 PM

I have been trying to find out more about some of the truly budget hotels in Ahmedabad and have been unsuccessful. I am looking at some Guest Houses namely Akash Hotel Near Navrangpura Stadium, Madhuvan Hotel on C.G. Road. If anyone on the forum has experienced one of these establishment and can provide information on the facilities at the location, would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

2 Answers Dec 14, 2008 at 2:28 PM
    • mumbai to ahmedbad

Ahmadabad Oct 12, 2008 at 1:45 AM

iam travelling from mumbai to ahmedabad by road in december. can i get the following information/suggestion/advice?

1 what is the distance between mum to ahd in kms?
      2 how much time does it actually take to travel i mean the traffic the bottelnecks etc?
      3 any good hotels on NH8 wher i actually dont enter the city but stay close to NH8 as we wd be travelling onward to udaipur.
      4 what is the distance between ahmedabad to udaipur?and how many hours does it take
      5 want good suggestions for places en route to halt refresh and dine!!

any more information wd be useful as iam travelling on NH8 for first time.

regards'

pravdr

1 Answer Oct 29, 2008 at 5:25 PM
    • gangani2's Profile Photo

Gujrat tribal jewelry market

State of Gujarat Jun 26, 2008 at 10:58 PM

I am from Rajasthan..and looking some nice tribal jewelery from Gujarat.. recently i m also shopping at Ahmedabaad.. but want some more tradtional test..if any one can let me know the wholesale market for Tradtional jewelery.. such as womens wear on garba.. or tribal womens wear tradtional jewelery with coins..
      Ajay

• gangani2's Profile Photo

Gujarat Tribal Jewelery

Bhuj Jun 26, 2008 at 10:58 PM

I am from Rajasthan..and looking some nice tribal jewelery from Gujarat.. recently i m also shopping at Ahmedabaad.. but want some more tradtional test..if any one can let me know the wholesale market for Tradtional jewelery.. such as womens wear on garba.. or tribal womens wear tradtional jewelery with coins..
      Ajay

• panoramic views

Palitana May 24, 2008 at 8:15 PM

i ve seen great images of palitana with panoramic views over the temples tops. where can you go to have such panoramic views?

1 Answer Nov 29, 2008 at 4:36 AM
    • cooldeep's Profile Photo

Kutch Festival Feb 2008

Bhuj Jan 5, 2008 at 5:06 AM

I would like to know how many VT will visit Kutch for Kutch Festival which is planned on 20 to 22 February 2008?

I would like to arrange small get to gether for VT...

Thanks!

1 Answer Jan 5, 2008 at 8:41 AM
    • BooBoo35's Profile Photo

Ahmedabad 18 Jan - 29 Jan Ladies travelling alone

Ahmadabad Jan 1, 2008 at 3:26 AM

Hi how safe is Ahmedabad for ladies travelling on their own. We were referred to by friends to stay at Ellidbridge gymkhana. Is this a nice club to stay at? Are there any specific rules for ladies(non indian)travelling there? Where do we go for interesting markets to shop for material and traditional and western clothing? Want to fly to Mumbai what cheap reliable airlines are there and where could we stay thats not to expensive but clean and has a private bathroom. A place that can accommodate 3 in one room. What means of transport do we use in both cities. Your input will be greatly appreciated.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

4 Answers Jan 10, 2008 at 9:20 AM
    • mochajavaman's Profile Photo

Solitary Traveler in Ahmedabad Feb 2008

Ahmadabad Dec 27, 2007 at 12:43 AM

Hello all! I will be in Ahmedabad Feb 2008 for a few days (exact dates still open)...would like to know if any fellow sojourners, foreign or local, care to meet up in order to enrich the experience. Let me know if you are interested or if you have any 'must-see' items to put on my list of to-do's. Anyone know where I can get some lessons in authentic Indian cooking? Thanks a million!!

4 Answers Dec 28, 2007 at 2:28 AM
    • Surat - Car Hire & resonable lodging

State of Gujarat Sep 10, 2007 at 9:38 AM

Hello VT Friends

Can I get some information on car hire agencies in surat.

Can someone recommend decent lodges less than Rs.1000/- per nite on double occupancy.

Thanks in advance

1 Answer Nov 1, 2007 at 6:08 PM
    • jfuruly's Profile Photo

Travel from Bhuj to Jodhpur

State of Gujarat Aug 2, 2007 at 3:06 AM

I am planning a trip to Gujarat/Rajasthan in September.

What is the best connection to Jodhpur from Bhuj?

Have tried to find reasonable connections with Jet Airways via Mumbai, but I am still struggling to do the trip in one day.

Are there better options with train, bus or private driver? How long is the road trip? Are the roads ok after the Monsoon?

1 Answer Aug 5, 2007 at 4:56 AM
    • jfuruly's Profile Photo

Gir National Park - the last lions of Asia

State of Gujarat Aug 1, 2007 at 9:05 AM

I am planning a trip to Gujarat in late September. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to go on lion safari in Gir National Park around 21st or 22nd September?
      I get confusing answers on the web.

A lot of sources tells the National Park is closed until Mid October due to the Monsoon/weather conditions. But some sources tells it is possible to visit the park....

Who do I contact to get a safari organized?

• Diu Island

State of Gujarat Jul 27, 2007 at 7:43 AM

Hello,

I am planning to visit Diu isiand in southern Gujarat at the end of September. We will be travelling from Jaipur and are considering flying to Ahmedabad, before taking a coach/ train from there. Directions for taking the train in the Lonely Planet guide are somewhat confusing, however. Has anyone made this journey before? What route would you recommend?

The Lonely Planet book also states it may be possible to take a 'private coach' from Ahmedabad. How would we go about doing this/ where could we book one from?

Also, does anyone know whether there are any Navratri celebrations on in the area at this time?

Thanks a lot for any advice you can provide.

Nick

3 Answers Aug 4, 2007 at 3:30 AM
    • GirishParekh's Profile Photo

Gujarat

State of Gujarat May 25, 2007 at 2:59 AM

Can any one tell me, is there a place called Kuleshvar in Gujarat, I was told it is near Tapti River.

3 Answers May 30, 2007 at 8:43 AM
    • Ahmadabad Visit

Ahmadabad May 3, 2007 at 4:36 PM

I will be visiting Ahmadabad from May 13-23 and was wondering if anyone could recommend unique places to visit. I would like to visit an School or Orphanage if possible. Also any hand crafted local markets would be great too. Any advice welcome.

Thanks!

• General Post Office Ahmedabad?

State of Gujarat Jan 22, 2007 at 12:42 PM

I need the correct address for the General Post Ofice in Ahmedabad, I have found 2 addresses so far and do not know which one is the accurate one...they are as follows:

GENERAL POST OFFICE (GPO), Relief Road, Ahmedabad - 380 001

Ahmedabad General Post Office
      Salapose Road
      Mirzapur
      Ahmedabad 380001 - INDIA

1 Answer Jan 23, 2007 at 9:39 PM
    • fairyindadragon4rest's Profile Photo

distance by road

Surat Dec 16, 2006 at 12:00 PM

how long does it take by car from mumbai to puna gaon
      & from mumbai to mota gaon ?
      thank u

3 Answers Dec 19, 2006 at 5:03 AM
    • fairyindadragon4rest's Profile Photo

mumbai surat distance

Surat Dec 6, 2006 at 2:54 AM

just wanted to know the distance from mumbai to surat n how long it takes by raod.also is there a flight there?n hows gthe weather at this time of the yr?

4 Answers Mar 7, 2008 at 6:17 AM
    • priti's Profile Photo

Thanks

State of Gujarat Oct 11, 2006 at 6:46 AM

thanks to all of those who replied to my posting below. I appreciate the advice and have taken it on board.

Many thanks.

• priti's Profile Photo

Travelling with an infant

State of Gujarat Oct 3, 2006 at 4:21 AM

Hi

I am going to India on 19 November 2006. I will be travelling with a then 10 month old child:
      1. What baby facilities are available on board Air India i.e changing facilities, food, ideal seats on the plane as I have requested a bassinet.etc.
      2. Is it recommended that I take a stroller to India to transport my baby around and also a car seat.
      3. What should I do about sterilising his bottles.
      4. Should I use bottled water, although my parents who live there do have a filter machine fitted.
      5. can I buy Pampers nappies out there and SMA Powder milk.
      6. What other child safety tips can anyone give me with regards to keeping my child safe and prevent him from falling ill.

I'm probably asking a bit much but any comments are welcome. I'm a little stressed out about what to take and also how to handle the flight.

5 Answers Oct 19, 2006 at 6:23 AM
    • Planning a Trip to Ahmedabad, Bhuj & Gandhidham

State of Gujarat Sep 26, 2006 at 11:58 PM

Hi,

I am Indian but long gone from and back now. From way south, will speak very very broken Hindi but good english - i am also ~30 yr old male. Planning a site seeing (not too touristy) trip to Gujarat, mostly kachchh. Any info appreciated on the following:

1) How trustworthy are autorickshaws in general to "obvious strangers"? need negotiation? worry about being ripped off? safe @ night?
      2) Stay: i am not fancy, i look for the cheapest accommadataion possible provided it is 1) clean 2) has bed & toilet 3) safe. don't care about stars
      3) Travel: are trains too crowded (my preference: second class sleeper) for reserved compartments? Buses: decent?
      4) Guide: i don't speak gujarathi, very very little hindi. do i need a guide? how much do a good but not fancy guide cost?

to give an idea,50-$100 a day guided tours i have checked out so far are out of my options and i have decided against them, too much wasted money.

Thanks
      Gowri.

1 Answer Sep 29, 2006 at 4:02 AM