change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular State of Arunachal Pradesh Travel Answer Locations

• Atmosphere

State of Arunachal Pradesh Jan 15, 2014 at 5:15 AM

What type of weather is expected in Arunachal Pradesh in February including the following parameters ?

1. Average max and min temp at Bomdila, Dirang, Sela and Tawang
      2. Precipitation in this area, if any.
      3. Wind speed at these places.
      4. Fog or sunshine

2 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 7:02 AM
    • nathanronen's Profile Photo

How is this Itinerary -- Sorry it is a bit long (f or AP and Nagaland)

State of Arunachal Pradesh Jan 17, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Hello Everyone,

I am planning a trip in December 2013 to the North East of India specifically to Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh.
      I am interested in tribes so I will attend the Hornbill Festival in Nagaland.

I have been suggested a 28night/29 day trip but i think it may be too long. Anything you think may be omitted, missing, or needs to be added. I love photography so I enjoy seeing people and landscapes.

Is Kaziranga National Park and Shillong worth the time to visit if I am already going to Tawang for example?

Any suggestions are welcome! Appreciate your expertise and help

Dec 2: Arrive in Delhi (maybe continue to Kolkata if flight available)

Dec 3: Delhi – Dimapur (via Kolkata) – Kohima --- Upon arrival visit Kisama to attend the Hornbill
      festival.

Dec 4: Kohima-- another day of the Hornbill festival

Dec 5: Kohima – Khonoma – Kohima

Dec 6: Kohima – Touphema -- In the morning again visit the Hornbill festival and spend the first half of the day. Then drive to Touphema Tourist Village. On the drive stop to visit the state museum. On arrival visit ‘Touphema Bawe’
      In the evening see a traditional / cultural presentation from the local villagers. Overnight at the hotel.

Dec 7: Touphema – Mokokchung
      Drive to Mokokchung. Go through villages of the Rengma tribes at Tsemenyiu and the Lotha
      Naga tribes in Wokha district. Also visit the AO village of Ungma and
      Mopunchuket. Overnight in Mokokchung in travel lodge.

Dec 8: Mokokchung – Noklak
      After breakfast drive to Noklak also visit Ungma village of the Ao tribe if we did not do so on Dec 7. Then proceed to Noklak – visit villages of the Chang tribe enroute.

Dec 9: Noklak – Day trip to Pangsha village
      Walk through the village and interact with the people. From here drive up to a place called Dan, this is a small place. Meet and interact with the people settled in this place. After
      visit drive back to Noklak. Overnight in Noklak.

Dec 10: Noklak – Tuensang
      Visit one or more villages in the neighbouring place then drive back to Tuensang.
      On arrival visit the old Tuensang village of the ChangTribes. Overnight in Tuensang.

Dec 11: Tuensang – Mon
      Drive to Mon. Vvisit Monyakchu village. On arrival visit the nearby Chui village. Later return back for overnight stay in Mon.

Dec 12: Mon - Day Trip to Longwa Village. Might need packed lunch..
      Later return back to Mon for overnight stay.

Dec 13: Mon – Dibrugarh
      Drive to Dibrugarh. En route visit Sibsagar (includeing
      Kareng Ghar, Rang Ghar Siva Dol and Tai Museum). On arrival, visit the local market. Overnight in Dibrugarh.

Dec 14: Dibrugarh – Along
      On arrival, visit the Mithun and Jersey Cross Breeding Farm at Kamaki. Overnight in Along.

Dec 15: Along -- Whole day in Along, visiting villages of the Adi Gallo. Take a walk from Kabu village to Paya village – along the Siang River and have picnic lunch there.

Dec 16: Along – Daporijo -- Drive to Daporijo. On arrival, visit the Hillmiri and Tagin tribes’ villages. Spend the night in a typical Hillmiri tribal village. Overnight at Village Guest House.

Dec 17: Daporijo – Ziro -- Set off for Ziro. Along the way stop at a village inhabited by Hillmiri tribes – Later check into guest house and visit the local market.Overnight in Ziro.

Dec 18: Ziro-- Visit the villages of the Apatani people in Ziro. After full day visit to tribal villages, return back to Ziro for overnight stay.

Dec 19: Ziro – Bhalukpong -- Drive to Bhalukpong. Along the way visit villages of the Nyishi tribe. Check in to hotel on arrival.

Dec 20: Bhalukpong – Dirang -- Enroute visit Dirang Dzong at Old Dirang village. Drive along the Kameng River. Check into hotel on arrival. Overnight in Dirang.

Dec 21: Dirang – Sela Pass - Tawang
      Drive to Tawang. On the way, stop by the Sela Pass. Also, visit Nuranang fall. Check into hotel Gakyi Khang Zhang. Evening walk around Tawang town.

Dec 22: Tawang -- Visit the Tawang Monastery, Visit a Monpa village, and Ani Gompa. Evening visit market and later return back to
      the hotel for overnight stay.

Dec 23: Tawang – Day trip to Zemithang -- Visit the Gorsam chorten in Zemithang Later driveback to Tawang. Overnight in Tawang.

Dec 24: Tawang – Bomdila -- Drive to Bomdila. Enroute visit Urgelling monastery. Before crossing Sela Pass stop at Jaswant Garh. Later visit lower Gompa and the local market. Overnight in Bomdila.

Dec 25: Bomdila – Kaziranga National Park -- Drive to the Kaziranga National Park. Overnight at the jungle lodge/resort.

Dec 26: Kaziranga National Park
      Early morning enter the National Park on elephant back. Return to the hotel/ lodge for breakfast. Then visit nearby village inhabited by Mishing tribe. In the afternoon go inside the park for open jeep safari. Return to lodge. Overnight at the jungle lodge.

Dec 27: Kaziranga National Park
      Early morning go for another elephant ride inside the park. Then visit a nearby tea and rubber plantation. In the afternoon enter the park for open jeep safari from another side. Return to lodge.

Dec 28: Kaziranga National Park – Shillong -- Transfer to Shillong –Overnight at the hotel in Shillong.

Dec 29: Shillong – Day trip to Cherrapunjee --- Drive to Shillong Peak. Later drive to Cherrapunjee and visit the Thankharang Park
      and Nohkalikai fall. Return to Shillong. Evening, visit market.

Dec 30: Shillong – Guwahati Airport -- Drive to Guwahati. On arrival, transfer to the airport to board the schedule flight for Delhi.

1 Answer Jan 18, 2013 at 9:08 PM

AP and Nagaland Tour Operator Needed

State of Arunachal Pradesh Jan 17, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Can anyone recommend an excellent tour operator for Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh. Will make trip to this area for December 2013.

Thank you.

2 Answers Feb 28, 2013 at 8:13 PM

North East India Tour -- AP and Nagaland in December 2013

State of Arunachal Pradesh Jan 17, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I would like to do a comprehensive tour of Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh in December 2013. In my other thread I was recommended 29 days...but this sounds too long to me.

Is Kaziranga National Park and Shillong worth visiting if I will see Tawang already.

Also the ride from Bodmila to Kaziranga is a very long one I am told.

How many days is good enough in this area of Nagaland and AP?

Thanks.

1 Answer Oct 31, 2013 at 1:28 PM
    • Daenyo's Profile Photo

Driver for Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and Assam

State of Arunachal Pradesh Aug 19, 2012 at 6:39 AM

Hello,
      I am new to the forum. I hope i can get some information here.
      We are planning to visit Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and Assam in december. Like many other travellers we do not have a lot of time and travel on a low budget. This is our itinerary.:

Day 01 Arrival in Guwhati at 6pm (by plane). After that transfer to Kaziranga.
      Day 02 Whole day Kaziranga
      Day 03 Kaziranga to Ziro
      Day 04 Ziro
      Day 05 Ziro to Daporejo
      Day 06 Daporejo to Along
      Day 07 Along to Pasighat
      Day 08 Pasighat to Dibrughar
      Day 09 Dibrughar to Mon
      Day 10 Mon
      Day 11 Mon to Jorhat

Does anybody know a reliable driver or a tour agency that does not overcharge?

Thank you and best regards
      Daniel

3 Answers Aug 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM
    • Planning a visit to Arunachal Pradesh in May

State of Arunachal Pradesh Apr 11, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Hulo,
      We are planning to visit Arunachal Pradesh, particularly Tawang-Sela Pass, in the month of May. We will be travelling as a single family, and not in any group.
      I have heard about the weather getting harsh during this time of the year.
      Please give me a feedback on:
      1. Whether we could travel during this time of the year (keeping in mind safety by road)?
      2. What would be a good route to travel from Tezpur or Guwahati?
      Thank You

2 Answers Apr 16, 2012 at 2:45 AM
    • mcguinnessdave's Profile Photo

Latest Info on Arunachal Pradesh/Assam

State of Arunachal Pradesh Nov 3, 2007 at 5:00 AM

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any up-to-date info /advice on travelling in Arunachal Pradesh (and Assam), particularly in regard to permits? Looking to travel in Feb/March...

Thanks a lot,
      Dave

1 Answer Sep 10, 2008 at 1:29 AM
    • travelling plan to roing

State of Arunachal Pradesh Apr 20, 2007 at 8:55 PM

i am transferred to roing and i have come to know that it is okay to take your family along with you to AP.But despite querrying from here and there i could not get the details about how to fly upto the place although i have heard that chopper service is there.Can anybody help me with the details to go upto roing from Kolkata/Gowhati.

• Somewhere to live with the kids

State of Arunachal Pradesh Apr 13, 2007 at 1:07 AM

We are intending to come and stay in northern India for about 9 months from September 07 onwards. We have 2 small children aged 3 and 1. We are looking for suggestions as to where might be a good place to stay for this period. We would like somewhere that is not very touristy but is not completley off the beaten track either. Trips to other interesting places that aren't days and days away would also be a good idea and if at all possible a place with lots of children and things for them to do.

Any suggestions welcome?

1 Answer Apr 17, 2007 at 1:47 PM
    • Trekking at the Himalaya of Arunachal

State of Arunachal Pradesh Mar 10, 2007 at 3:01 AM

I am interested for trekking at the region of Himalay at Arunachal with my wife & friends.But I havenot get any information from anywhere(book,internet) about this. If any one can help me, i will be oblize. My time duration is near about 7 days in the month of october or november.

• SaurabhMitra's Profile Photo

Road trip to Arunachal - need advice

State of Arunachal Pradesh May 25, 2005 at 1:11 AM

Hi,
      I am planning to visit Arunachal Pradesh along with my wife and plan to drive all the way from Kolkata, sometime in November 2005. I am planning to cover the following places in this order:
      Kolkata-Siliguri-Guwahati-Bomdilla-Tawang-Bhalukpong-Kaziranga-Guwahati-Siliguri-Kolkata.

Can any of you suggest whether this should be the preferred route. I am yet to plan the number of days I would spend in each of these places. I also need to have some info on the road conditions from Bomdilla to Tawang via Sela Pass.

Any suggestions are most welcome.

With regards,
      Saurabh Mitra

2 Answers May 29, 2005 at 10:14 PM
    • Swadeshika's Profile Photo

Tour to Arunachal Pradesh

State of Arunachal Pradesh Sep 11, 2003 at 10:34 PM

Hi All VTians, if anyone has travelled to Arunachal Pradesh, please let me know your experiences. regards, Geetanjali

4 Answers Sep 16, 2003 at 10:08 PM