Stann Creek District

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Planning to revisit Caye Caulker in July 2014

Caye Caulker Apr 4, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Wanting suggestions on low cost option for house, my wife and I are are 56 yrs. old. We are Christian Missionaries in the US are getting close to turning this ministry over to another and interested in ministry in Caye Caulker. On our visit in Feb. I spoke with several Nationals, seemed very open wanting to visit a second time for a longer period of time. Needing some input, anyone, anything thanks

more
    • rental car

Belize Mar 24, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Will I need to pay extra for insurance on top of what I carry on my car policy?

more
    • Touring Belize

Belize Mar 31, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Wife and I will be in Belize 2nd week in August. Not really vacation, rather looking for potential sites to have a 2nd home. Interested in Caye Caulker, Palencia area, Stann Creek, possibly Ambergris Caye. Plan on ocean and reef access, view and will have a boat. What is the best way to travel (renting a car, plane/taxi) and in those areas what are good places to stay (comfortable, safe with A/C)? Not looking to rough it, but don't need San Francisco prices either.

more
    • what caye is best for us

Ambergris Cay Mar 25, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Family of 4 heading to belize in early August and I dont know what caye to stay on. Please help. I was going to try to rent a VRBO place to stay, I want nice beaches to wade in and snorkel, restaraunts and shops to window shop. I dont want seclusion and I dont want super packed crowded bumping into people tryjng to sell me stuff every 15 minutes. I would love to rent a scooter or golf cart. We want to stay in a nice accomadations not low budget accomadations. We dont want to take a 2 hour water taxi ride to get there, too long. Ight tame a day trip to mainland for cave tour.

more
    • Noisy near airport?

Caye Caulker Mar 24, 2014 at 9:50 AM

If you stay on the southern part of the island, near the air strip, how noisy is it with planes flying over the beach?

more
    • Passport for Ambergris Caye?

Belize City Apr 11, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Cruising on Carnival to Belize City, closed-loop with no passport. Can I fly to Ambergris Caye for the day without a passport since cruising into Belize? Thanks.

more

Popular Stann Creek District Travel Answer Locations

• we will be going to belize on a cruise ship in March

Placencia Village Mar 1, 2014 at 8:38 PM

I see that placencia has several beaches with resorts on it, as a cruise passenger are we able to get access to use their beaches, we have a set of twins age 3 and a 16 year old, would like to go to a beautiful beach, with restaurants nearby, clean facilities to use, how far away is placencia from the area when cruise ships come into port?

5 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 6:37 AM
    • Parking while shopping, etc

Placencia Village Jul 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Is there a road into Placencia Village? Is there a place to park a rental car while walking around the village? We are staying about 5km from the center of the Village.

2 Answers Jul 4, 2013 at 6:56 AM
    • Rafting

Hopkins Jan 30, 2013 at 7:17 PM

I will be visiting belize next week after making reservations today. I am an avid rafter and am curious if there are any good rivers running this time of year. We will be staying in Hopkins, but I am willing to travel. I have had a horrible time tracking down any outfitters online.. thanks for the help

3 Answers Jan 31, 2013 at 5:57 AM
    • Tutti Frutti

Placencia Village Dec 29, 2011 at 11:14 AM

I loved the above Gelato spot in the village. would anyone know if they have a website or email address?

Rick

1 Answer Dec 29, 2011 at 8:58 PM
    • Arriving in Belize

Placencia Village Sep 16, 2011 at 12:43 PM

What is the best place to fly into Belize ' to arrive close to Placencia from Vancouver Canada?

1 Answer Sep 16, 2011 at 10:14 PM
    • Fishing Trip from Placencia Village

Placencia Village Feb 10, 2011 at 6:25 AM

My husband and I are going to Placencia Village on Feb. 15 for a week and would like to go fishing. Has anyone used a guide/tour company they'd recommend?

1 Answer Feb 10, 2011 at 3:58 PM
    • minktastic's Profile Photo

Ambergris Caye or Placencia?? (URGENT!!)

Placencia Village Jun 22, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Please help!! My husband and I are making last-minute plans to vacation from July 1-6. We want a nice beach vacation, not overly touristy but not too remote. We'd love to go somewhere with clear water and comfortable beaches, great snorkeling (right off the beach and/or cheap and easy to get to), and some kind of small town with local restaurant options.

We think we've narrowed it down to 2 good options: Ambergris Caye and Placencia. I understand that Ambergris Caye is a little more touristy than Placencia, but it doesn't seem like it's gotten too bad. Which place has the better beaches, the better snorkeling, the more interesting town? Or, is there anything else that we should be considering in comparing the two? Any information or opinions to help tip the scales would be useful!

(Side note: the two hotels were looking at are Corona del Mar in AC, and Maya Beach Hotel in Placencia.)

3 Answers Jun 23, 2010 at 5:29 AM
    • Beate64's Profile Photo

plane and/or bus?

Placencia Village Dec 29, 2007 at 1:51 PM

Hello, I am coming to Placencia in February with my husband. Our plane arrives Feb. 3rd 11:56am. I saw that the next flight to Placencia goes out at 1:30pm. Is it better to reserve two seats at that time of year?
      Also, we are thinking about going back to Belize City by bus... any thoughts on that or should we rather book right away round trip tickets?
      Our plane out of Belize City leaves March 7th 12:55pm.

Also, at the time I booked this all, it was not that easy to find a suitable flight out and we ended up with 33 days in Belize instead of the allowed 30 days... do we have to especially make a trip out of the country to Guatemala for example to extend for 3 days or can this get arranged once we go through customs?? As they will see anyway the dates of our trip and the extend of our stay...

Also, I've heard that Skin so soft from Avon works very well against sand flies... any experience and input from anyone?? Should we bring mosquito stuff with deet or purchase once we arrive??

Thanks so much for your help! I look forward to any answer :))) and to our holidays!

Beate :))

7 Answers Mar 20, 2008 at 9:11 AM
    • groceries shopping

Placencia Village Oct 20, 2007 at 12:30 PM

Is there a grocery store with fresh produce, alcohol and other basic supplies in Placencia?

1 Answer Dec 9, 2007 at 2:45 PM
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Accomodations

Placencia Village Aug 24, 2007 at 11:49 AM

Anyone stay at Maya Breeze or Calico Jacks? Whats your opinions about these places? Rates are about the same.

• swimming/beaches

Placencia Village Jul 13, 2007 at 1:01 PM

Hi,
      I am planning a family trip to Belize with three teens/pre-teens. We want to stay on the beach where it is safe for kids to swim. I understand Placencia has the best beaches in Belize. Are they sandy beaches? Is it safe to swim there?
      Thanks.

3 Answers Jul 24, 2007 at 9:55 AM
    • Sunbathing

Placencia Village Nov 18, 2006 at 5:11 PM

My wife and I are planning to visit Placencia in January.
      Are there any topless or nude sunbathing areas?
      Free & Easy

2 Answers Aug 10, 2010 at 7:28 AM
    • New years accommodation

Placencia Village Jul 19, 2006 at 4:27 AM

Will there be accommodation available if I turn up a couple of days before new years eve or will it be very busy and hard to find a room?I don't really want to plan ahead because I am not sure about the dates.

• Kid friendly accomodations in Placencia?

Placencia Village Feb 18, 2005 at 2:27 PM

We are going to be in Placencia for a few days in March with our 7yr old and 4yr old. We want to kayak and enjoy the beach plus my kids want a pool. Any suggestions?

2 Answers Feb 20, 2005 at 11:19 AM
    • Hopkins swimming snorkeling

Hopkins Dec 7, 2004 at 1:21 PM

Can one swim or snorkel out of Hopkins

4 Answers Jan 14, 2005 at 8:22 AM
    • Accommodation

Placencia Village Sep 5, 2004 at 9:39 AM

We are looking for a good mid range place to stay in placencia over Christmas.

1 Answer Sep 6, 2004 at 8:50 PM
    • valliejc's Profile Photo

need to book accomodation ahead ?

Placencia Village Jul 11, 2003 at 2:19 PM

i am traveling to placencia january 16-23/2004.should i book ahead or wait unilt i get there for a better deal ?

6 Answers Dec 1, 2003 at 6:25 PM
    • Coco Plum Island Resort

Coco Plum Cay Jun 21, 2003 at 9:37 AM

Has anyone stayed at Coco Plum Island Resort?

• Lodging in Placencia, Belize

Placencia Village Jun 20, 2003 at 7:23 PM

We are considering Kitty's Place or the Maya Breeze Inn in late July and early August. Any experience-based recommendations?

7 Answers Feb 12, 2006 at 8:55 AM