change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Arbuckle's Profile Photo

Advice on Burslem, Please?

Stoke-upon-Trent Apr 19, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Hi. It looks like I'm going to have to relocate from the East Midlands to Burslem and I really need the (sensible) advice of Stoke residents about a particular neighbourhood.

It's the Joseph Street/Billinge Street/Lyndhurst Street neighbourhood, on the north side of Newcastle Street.

Is it a bearable area to live in? Or does it have any sort of a reputation for stuff like antisocial student behaviour or any other kind of antisocial behaviour?

I must say it looks pretty seedy on Google Street View, but then that's Stoke for you, isn't it? It's an unpretentious, scuffed sort of post-industrial city and famous for it, but the folk who live there are supposed to be okay. Mind you, I appreciate that areas can change very swiftly indeed these days due to economic migration, so frankly I don't know what to assume about that particular neighbourhood.

Can anyone shed any light?

Many thanks.

more
    • Arbuckle's Profile Photo

Advice on Burslem, Please?

Stoke-upon-Trent Apr 19, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Hi. It looks like I'm going to have to relocate from the East Midlands to Burslem and I really need the (sensible) advice of Stoke residents about a particular neighbourhood.

It's the Joseph Street/Billinge Street/Lyndhurst Street neighbourhood, on the north side of Newcastle Street.

Is it a bearable area to live in? Or does it have any sort of a reputation for stuff like antisocial student behaviour or any other kind of antisocial behaviour?

I must say it looks pretty seedy on Google Street View, but then that's Stoke for you, isn't it? It's an unpretentious, scuffed sort of post-industrial city and famous for it, but the folk who live there are supposed to be okay. Mind you, I appreciate that areas can change very swiftly indeed these days due to economic migration, so frankly I don't know what to assume about that particular neighbourhood.

Can anyone shed any light?

Many thanks.

2 Answers Apr 20, 2014 at 5:14 AM
    • themed parked out what else is there to do climbing playing within the grounds

Alton Aug 15, 2013 at 2:14 PM

one member of our party has just returned from america where they did alot of theme parks consequently not that intrested in the rides what else within the park is there to participate in which all can participate children are elevenish and are with grandparents

2 Answers Aug 15, 2013 at 11:08 PM
    • accommodation

Stoke-upon-Trent Nov 4, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Hi
      Have to make an emergency visit to Hanley next Tuesday, can anyone suggest cheap accommodation in city centre or nearby for one or two nights doesn't have to be fancy even a pub room, haven't been to Hanley before - are there any hostels or backpackers desperate situation
      Cheers

1 Answer Nov 4, 2010 at 11:58 PM
    • PTSD's Profile Photo

Anyone interested in Ghost Hunting?

Staffordshire Aug 13, 2010 at 1:08 AM

Hello all,

There will be Ghost Hunting events at TUTBURY CASTLE in September and November, where I recently paid a visit but NOT in 'night vision' :).

Was just wondering If anyone would be interested in going or attending or are already planning to attend?

Anyone out there a 'Most Haunted' fan?

Cheers.

• draytonmanor

Staffordshire Mar 28, 2009 at 3:08 AM

How would i get from derry n.ireland or belfast to draytonmanor theme park. Is there a convient airport or seacat ect...?

3 Answers Aug 4, 2009 at 7:17 AM
    • Traveling from Belfast to Alton Towers

Alton Nov 20, 2006 at 11:27 AM

Hi, i'm wanting to plan a trip from Belfast to Alton Towers for a weekend in March. I am unsure what is the best way and locations to travel to. I dont mind flying from either Belfast City or Belfast International Airports and I don't mind which airport I fly to. If somebody could give me advice on what is the best airport to travel to, and when I get there should I hire a car, get a train or any other form of transport. Any help will be very much appreciated.

regards,

Steven

3 Answers Aug 4, 2009 at 7:20 AM
    • GillianSaunders@vtmail.com

Newcastle under Lyme Oct 31, 2006 at 4:02 AM

Please are you able to tell me where the Bankrupt shop is in Newcastle under Lyme where they sell curtain fabrics?

1 Answer Feb 24, 2007 at 6:45 AM
    • Adelle123's Profile Photo

B&B in Stoke on Trent

Stoke-upon-Trent Mar 6, 2006 at 10:56 AM

Can anyone suggets a cheap and cheerful B&B or inexpensive hotel in Stoke? It would have to be a single room.

2 Answers Apr 1, 2010 at 8:13 AM
    • whats to do

Lichfield Aug 31, 2005 at 1:17 PM

i have a friend who has parents visiting at the end of september (25th) until 3rd october. she is foreign and is living in lichfield whilst working here. she is new to the town and is hoping to take her parents out whilst they are over but doesn't really know where to go but does know they like singers (elvis, frank sinatra etc) and also like to dance. can anyone come up with some suggestions for these dates.........thanks....

• afsime1's Profile Photo

Europe on $5 a Day

Newcastle under Lyme Oct 27, 2004 at 7:39 AM

Many years ago, long before VT, Lonely Planet, Rough Guide, etc. there was a book called Europe on5 and10 a Day. At the time I thought this was a huge amount of money to travel on per day and felt I could do it on much less. I was just wondering what young people today consider to be, what I used to call, a suicide budget? I suppose the major difference these days is that I used to hitch-hike which isn't common these days ... Alastair

2 Answers Nov 1, 2004 at 5:02 AM
    • johnandlynclarke's Profile Photo

Good pub?

Stoke-upon-Trent Jan 14, 2004 at 7:21 AM

We are staying in Oakham but we plan to drive to Stoke on Trent to visit the china factories. What else do we need to see while we are there? Any GOOD antique shops or markets? And lastly, do you know a good pub for lunch and a brew? Thanks

4 Answers Jun 15, 2004 at 6:40 AM