St. Thomas Travel Answers

change location

taxi costs in st thomas

by paulholidaysite Online Now Oct 25, 2007 at 7:00 AM

Hope someone can help me in this query. Cruising the Caribbean in Jan and on our stop-off in St thomas there are just a few places I want to visit. Therefore, Is it possible to hire a taxi, tell the driver exactly where I want to go, agree a price and expect him either to wait at each destination or pick up at an agredd time (paying at the end of the day ) ?? More to the point, how much approximately would this cost assuming 3-4 hours.? All advice gratefully received. Thanking you, in anticipation. Paul

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Jamesr3939's Profile Photo

Re: taxi costs in st thomas

by Jamesr3939 Online Now Oct 25, 2007 at 8:05 PM

Yes, you can and we did exactly that about six years ago. There were six of us and we found a station wagon cab that took us to a few places then dropped us at Megan's Bay for about three hours and came back to pick us up. I believe we paid about120 total. Make sure you agree the price is for everybody. In San Juan a few years ago we agreed on the same type of deal only to have the driver try to tell us it was per person when we got to the end of the day. We refused and walked off paying him only what we had agreed on.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular St. Thomas Travel Answer Locations