St. John's Travel Answers

change location

Need Help Immediately !!! Thanks

by ky2 Online Now Aug 31, 2006 at 7:40 PM

I live in Halifax, and plan to go PEI and St. John's in NFL for a few days. This will be my first time to visit these two cities. How many days will be enough? Or I might just go to one place this year. Shall I take the Acadian Line or take the ferry? Could someone be kindly direct me the routine for my trip and the bus thing? Thanks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • abbottsc's Profile Photo

RE: Need Help Immediately !!! Thanks

by abbottsc Online Now Sep 27, 2006 at 8:34 AM

St. John's is a great city! I suggest just taking in Newfoundland. I assume youre driving, so keep in mind the distances are very long. From North Sydney, youll have to take the ferry to Port aux Basques. Its a 12 hour drive from this town to St. John's. go to the marine atlantic website. you can get buses to the city, but if you have the time, stop over in Corner Brook, or even Gros Morne NAtonal Park en route- beautiful. 5 days in St. john's is good, make sure you check out Signal Hill, Cape Spear and George Street. Another option is to takethe ferry from North Sydney to Argentia. The Boat trip is much longer (14hrs??) but Argentia is only 1.5 hours from the capital. Look into cheap flights from Hali to St. John's - it might wind up being cheaper.
    hope this helps

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines