St. John's Travel Answers

change location

Pippy Park Trailer Park

by Vilmad Online Now Jul 8, 2006 at 10:26 PM

We (couple with a 22 year old son) will be visiting St. John's, Newfoundland at the end of August. We are flying into St. John's and will be renting a car. My son moves into university residence on September 1st. We thought of camping three nights at Pippy Park Trailer Park campground(without a tent). However, we will be carrying our sleeping bags in our suitcases and would like to sleep under the stars. The other 3 nights will be spent at a B&B.

1) What kind of weather does St. John's usually have around 29th August?
2) Is Pippy Park campground safe for tourists and campers?
3) How crowed or how deserted is the campground at the end of August.

Any assistance in providing information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vilma

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: Pippy Park Trailer Park

by dennyo Online Now Jul 22, 2006 at 10:52 PM

NL has a high percentage of days, even in summer, with early morning mist or fog. Even on clear days, there is a lot of dew so camping with no tent is really roughing it.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • susanbutt's Profile Photo

Re: Pippy Park Trailer Park

by susanbutt Online Now Mar 26, 2007 at 3:56 PM

No promises abou the weather anytime of year. My advice would be to bring an outfit suitable for every season. You are coming at a very nice time of year, probably the nicest. But it will likely still be chilly and damp during the night. I wouldn't worry about sleeping out being unsafe, as much as cold. The end of August is a popular time for camping as it's around labour day weekend, but don't worry about being overcrowded. Anytime we've gone camping, there's alwasy lots of sites available.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines