St. John's Travel Answers

change location

FIRST TIMERS NEED HELP!

by ant0328 Online Now May 7, 2006 at 5:58 PM

Hey my girlfriend and I are first time travelers to St. John, where we will be staying in mid-July.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a car rental on the island that would rent to people under 25 (we are 23). I know I can get one on St. Thomas from Budget and bring it over, but I really don't want to do that. Also, would it just be cheaper to take Taxi's and such? I am a little worried about the Taxi's with rates, etc.

In addition, has anyone heard anything about Cruz Views condos? We are going to stay there I think, because it is the only place for125 a night that has ac and a kitchen.

Would there be any way to save money on food instead of just eating out every night?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • RE: FIRST TIMERS NEED HELP!

by Scaldisnoel Online Now May 8, 2006 at 3:19 PM

You'll need to go to the St. John Virgin Islands area of this site. This part of the site is for St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: FIRST TIMERS NEED HELP!

by newfiesweets Online Now Mar 1, 2007 at 5:09 PM

Rent-A-Wreck on Topsial Rd. You have to be 21 years old. Their rates are fairly reasonable!

• RE: RE: FIRST TIMERS NEED HELP!

by newfiesweets Online Now Mar 1, 2007 at 5:10 PM

Topsail Rd*

• RE: RE: FIRST TIMERS NEED HELP!

by newfiesweets Online Now Mar 1, 2007 at 5:13 PM

And yes, you can save money on food. If you have a kitchen in your condo, just go to the grocery store, theres many around.

but um, there's also efficiency suites called "Hillview Terrace" on Torbay Road. I got four nights there when my boyfriend came for like 270 dollars or something. I think the most expensive is 99 dollars a night. They are basically apartments, they have a layout, like kitchen, living room, bathroom and bedroom, and well, they're not condo living, but they're nice. Torbay Rd is in the centre basically, and you're around everything. If you need help with anything else, let me know.:-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines