Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular St. John Travel Answer Locations

• DancinTraveler's Profile Photo

Christmas in St. John

St. John Aug 29, 2007 at 9:25 AM

I will be in St. John, for Christmas/New Year's with family and friends. Any suggestions on scuba diving centers? Would love to get in a few, while down there. Also, we'll be having Christmas Eve dinner at the Chateau Bordeaux..ever been?

1 Answer Sep 17, 2007 at 11:19 AM
    • Over The Rainbow Villa in Reef Bay

St. John Jul 30, 2007 at 11:17 AM

Has anyone stayed at the above villa? Would be interested in reading comments!

2 Answers Dec 11, 2007 at 8:18 AM
    • vanderlust's Profile Photo

St. John villa or condo suggestions

St. John Jul 27, 2007 at 6:17 AM

Ok, we are returning to St. John this winter for our 25th anniversary and I am searching for the perfect place to stay. Any recomendations for villas or condos on St. John? I do not care for all inclusives or resorts. Looking for privacy and tranquility.

Thanks
      Tim

6 Answers Jan 12, 2008 at 10:45 AM
    • Saint John budget travel

Saint John Jun 12, 2007 at 6:11 AM

I have been to Saint john but only for a few hours off a cruise ship. Still,
      the beauty of the island is awesome.
      I have heard about Maho Bay and would like more first hand advice. Also, are there any other budget accomdations on the island?

1 Answer Jul 30, 2007 at 11:28 AM
    • camping at Cinnamon Bay/transporatation

St. John Mar 25, 2007 at 8:55 AM

would you say that a car/jeep is absolutely necessary when camping at cinnamon bay- it sounds like if you don't mind a bit of a hike (we are working on the 46 high peaks in the adirondacks so don't mind a bit of straight up)you can hike to several great spots. typically when we camp we are at the beach, hiking, etc and try to AVOID the car! I commute an hour each way to work so that's enough. Any advice would be most appreciated.

1 Answer Apr 9, 2007 at 8:43 AM
    • Staying in Cottage at Cinnamon Bay Campground--Any advice?

Saint John Nov 9, 2006 at 4:43 PM

We are staying in a cottage at Cinnamon Bay Campground on St. John, Virgin Island for one week. Any advice or suggestions to make our stay more enjoyable/comfortable? I know about the sunscreen and bug spray. Details, no matter how small, are welcome! Thanks.

5 Answers May 10, 2008 at 6:08 PM
    • Honeymoon in October 2007

Saint John Jul 31, 2006 at 9:23 AM

Hi Everyone!
      My finace and I would like to go to St. John's for our honeymoon in October of 2007. I'm obviously planning ahead and am looking for moderately priced (not cheap and but also not high priced) accomodations for our trip. We love B&B's and I have read posts about a few on other sites. I would also love a smaller scale hotel- I have no desire to stay at the large resort style complexes. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Friendliness and a clean room with A/C are a must! Thank you!

6 Answers Jul 30, 2007 at 9:02 AM
    • Weather in September

St. John Jul 19, 2006 at 5:34 PM

Hi,
      I am going on my honeymoon to St. John in September. i am just wondering how the weather is going to be. is it too hot in september?
      Thanks.

2 Answers Jul 30, 2007 at 9:04 AM
    • Jeffandnorah's Profile Photo

Where to stay in USVI St. John?

St. John Jul 17, 2006 at 12:07 PM

Hi all!

We are traveling to St. John, USVI this fall. At this point we're planning to camp the first couple of nights at either Maho or Cinnamon Bay. Then we want to stay the last couple of nights somewhere closer to or in Cruz Bay.

Anyone have any suggestions? We're trying not to break the bank, but it's hard to find a happy medium. Also, any thoughts about Maho v. Cinnamon?

Thanks!
      Norah and Jeff

3 Answers Oct 31, 2008 at 9:10 AM
    • DebBuck's Profile Photo

St John in January

St. John Jun 3, 2006 at 2:10 PM

My husband and I are thinking of going to St. John in January/February 2007 - we do have horses and do not get away as often as we would like (hardly ever) I was just wondering what the weather is like this time of year - Deb Kelly

4 Answers Jul 25, 2006 at 12:29 PM
    • Advice needed

St. John Jan 28, 2006 at 7:00 AM

We're planning on getting married on St. John this summer. Can someone recommend a reputable agency to rent a villa through? We're thinking about the villa called "Bamboo." Has anyone stayed there? Also, can someone recommend an officiant? Thanks!

1 Answer Feb 1, 2006 at 1:04 PM
    • Best Place to Propose on St John

St. John Apr 21, 2005 at 8:48 AM

Hi All, I'll be visiting St. John late this fall and would love to hear of best places to propose marriage. We'll stay at the Westin but may rent a jeep based on feedback in this forum. Ideas? Thanks!

5 Answers Apr 25, 2007 at 7:18 PM
    • KarlieBubbles's Profile Photo

Ferries to St. John?

Saint John Apr 5, 2005 at 12:14 PM

We are travelling from Canada to St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands. There is no direct flight to get there. We heard there are ferries that go there from places like Aruba and Puerto Rico... is this fact? If yes, where would we go to find out specific schedules & costs, etc.?

Please help!

14 Answers Dec 1, 2006 at 6:46 AM
    • July in St. John?

St. John Mar 3, 2005 at 11:36 AM

We are planning a July getaway, and are looking at Cruz View condos on St. John. They seem reasonable in price. Any drawbacks anyone knows of? Also, I've read some mosquito warnings. Is that just away from the beach areas, or are they "everywhere"? Thanks...

5 Answers Apr 18, 2005 at 2:26 PM
    • Can't remove tops on rental Jeep????

St. John Jul 12, 2004 at 11:42 AM

Folks, I was researching a jeep rental and I ran into this strange policy from L & L Jeep Rental "Keep your jeep tops on at all times, removal of tops,500.00 fine per day" What is up with that?? is it a policy for all rental companies there? wouldn't be better & cheaper to get a car with A/C if that is the case??? Also, has anyone used the Car Ferry between St Thomas and St John? how did that go. Thanks a Bunch.

5 Answers Apr 19, 2008 at 6:00 PM
    • Weather in October

St. John Jul 12, 2004 at 11:34 AM

We're also planning a trip in October, What is the weather (temp, Humidity) is usually like?the the begining or the end of the Hurricane season? is it common the the USVI get hit by Hurricanes? when what the last time that happened? Thanks.

2 Answers Oct 23, 2004 at 8:05 AM
    • monte bay villa st john

St. John Jun 2, 2004 at 11:57 AM

My family and I are traveling to St john in July and was wondering about the the villa we rented named Monte Bay. It is located in Klien Bay.

2 Answers Apr 18, 2005 at 12:44 PM
    • Are there any other rental properties besides overpriced vacation rentals?

Saint John Apr 9, 2004 at 8:52 PM

I'm relocating and need a long term apartment that is not priced for vacationers, any ideas?

• Relocating to USVI

Saint John Apr 9, 2004 at 8:48 PM

I'm moving to the US Virgin Islands, which island is the best to live on?

1 Answer Apr 10, 2004 at 4:28 AM
    • Maho Bay or Cinnamon Bay?

St. John Mar 24, 2004 at 4:39 AM

Hello- We are seeking affordable accomodations for St John in April. I am having a hard time choising between Maho and Cinnamon Bays. Any advise?

5 Answers Mar 24, 2008 at 7:15 PM
    • Camping in the islands

St. John Mar 7, 2004 at 10:03 AM

I'm a college student and am planning a camping trip to St. John's. Am I allowed to bring food in or must I purchase it on the island?

4 Answers Apr 25, 2007 at 7:33 PM
    • Where should I eat on St. John

Saint John Feb 26, 2004 at 5:38 PM

I would like the name of good moderately priced restaurants.

1 Answer Jul 29, 2005 at 1:35 PM
    • Do I need to rent a car.

Saint John Feb 26, 2004 at 5:33 PM

I am staying at the Westin on St. John, do I need to rent a car or can I get around by taxi or bus?

8 Answers Jul 20, 2010 at 12:58 PM
    • Freebeacher's Profile Photo

St. John Nude Beaches

St. John Jan 16, 2004 at 2:47 PM

I just want to warn those of you who are naturists (like me) that US National Park Service rangers aggressively patrols traditional nude beaches like Salomon and Jumbaie (and others) and ticket topfree and nude sunbathers. Tickets are usually50. but I have seen100. tickets issued. This latest round of ticketing has actually been going on continuously since May 2001. I obtained copies of the tickets from the NPS under the Freedom of Information Act. I saw a page on VT written within two months naming Salomon as a nude beach-it used to be, but presently is not. I wish it were, but...I moved to St. John in 1999 and stayed until May 2001 largely because of the availability of nude bathing at Salomon Beach.

2 Answers Mar 3, 2004 at 10:40 PM
    • What to do in St .John's

St. John Dec 20, 2003 at 10:54 PM

I am going to St. John's for the first time and its much in part due to the fact that in recent months I have talked to several people that say it is one of, if the not the most, beautiful places they have ever seen. I am definitely a beach nut and love the ocean but am also curious what other excursions I should take while I am there? My vacation is next March and would love any and all feedback! Thanks! Gina

2 Answers Jan 11, 2004 at 7:26 PM
    • bousquetj's Profile Photo

Hiking on St. John

Saint John Oct 28, 2003 at 8:19 AM

We plan to spend two weeks on St. John next June. Descriptions of the National Park say the hiking and snorkeling can be combined for a great experience. Warnings say "bring insect repellant". Anyone able to comment on the bugs? How bad are they really?

3 Answers Oct 29, 2003 at 10:59 AM
    • First time to St. John

St. John Sep 17, 2003 at 1:07 PM

Is the 2nd week in October a good, bad or stupid time to go to St. John. And, anyone know much about the Westin villas? Thanks.

3 Answers Sep 30, 2003 at 1:57 PM
    • housing and employment

Cruz Bay Aug 20, 2003 at 6:57 PM

How do you find listings of affordable rentals and employment in St. John USVI?

3 Answers Sep 4, 2003 at 2:20 PM