change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular St. John Travel Answer Locations

• Weather in early May

St. John Jan 13, 2014 at 12:10 PM

What is the average weather like in early May on St. John? Is May's rainfall heavy? Will definitely want to snorkel... hopefully in clear waters!

2 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 12:33 PM
    • ellen3sons's Profile Photo

Camping at Cinnamon Bay

Virgin Islands National Park Dec 26, 2013 at 5:23 PM

I want to bring my three adult sons to Cinnamon Bay for a week in honor of my quitting smoking for 5 years. Am I too late to find a cottage available in June, and how much spending money should I need? (Four years, eight months, three weeks, three days, 20 hours, 22 minutes and 44 seconds. 69233 cigarettes not smoked, saving $19,801.38. Life saved: 34 weeks, 2 days, 9 hours, 25 minutes).

1 Answer Jan 7, 2014 at 11:52 AM
    • Where to Stay

St. John Aug 29, 2013 at 5:23 AM

I am so torn! My husband and I are going to St. John in Feb. We have found a beautiful and very affordable place in Coral Bay to stay at. Three bedroom, kitchen... but this is for my 30th birthday and neither one of us have been there before. Should we stay in the nice house in Coral Bay or in a OK hotel in Cruz Bay??? We also might be having another couple coming with us and the house would be able to accommodate all of us but at the same time I don't want to be so far away from everything that we can't have a good time. Please HELP
      -Kate

4 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 7:35 AM
    • How do I add my bar ?

St. John Aug 10, 2013 at 6:27 AM

How can I get my bar listed here ? X on St John ?

4 Answers Aug 12, 2013 at 6:19 AM
    • Monte Bay Villa in St. John

St. John Jul 11, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Has anyone stayed in St John at Monte Bay Villa recently?

1 Answer Aug 10, 2013 at 3:18 PM
    • Westin renovations!!! Alternative?

St. John Jul 10, 2013 at 8:57 AM

My husband and I are visiting St. John the first week of October 2013. We initially booked at the Westin but since booking have been told that the pool will be closed due to renovations. We are in need of suggestions for a nice place to stay for only 2 people. Most condos are too big (ie. too expensive). HELP please. Thank you!!!

2 Answers Jul 10, 2013 at 11:06 AM
    • hotel or private villa?

Saint John Jun 11, 2013 at 1:20 PM

This will be my first time visiting st john. My husband and I are celebrating our anniversary and my 40th birthday.  We definitely want seclusion and privacy and are interested in renting a villa. We found one called a home with open arms. It seems like it's exactly what we are looking for except that it's not on the beach. Wondering if that should be a make or break issue. As I mentioned I have never been to st john so im not sure how accessible the beaches are from the location of that villa in particular. Anyone familiar with that villa? Suggestions are completely welcome!

2 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 12:42 PM
    • yodidoe's Profile Photo

customs and traditions

Saint John Oct 14, 2012 at 11:04 AM

A friend of mine just purchased a home on Saint John VI.
      Does anyone know of an island tradition or custom for a
      new home/housewarming gift?
      thank you

Read more: World Travel Forum

• yodidoe's Profile Photo

traditions and customs

St. John Oct 14, 2012 at 10:04 AM

A friend of mine just purchased a home on St.John.
      Does anyone know of an island tradition or custom for a
      housewarming gift?
      thank you

• 2giants's Profile Photo

car rental/boat charter

St. John Jul 26, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Best car rental place? Looks like Courtesy is winning my vote right now...any to stay away from? This is for an October trip. Also thinking of chartering with Palm Tree Charters for a day or two? Any feed back? Thanks in advance!

2 Answers Sep 23, 2012 at 9:43 PM
    • Traveling to St. John - Creative Thinking

St. John Jun 25, 2012 at 9:31 AM

My family and I (7 adults, 2 children) are looking for some suggestions for alternative means of travel to St. John.

- Has anyone ever flown into Puerto Rico, and chartered a boat (~2 hour boat ride)
      I am aware there is a ferry service, but it only runs every 2 weeks.

- Has anyone ever chartered a boat to get from St. Thomas to St. John, avoiding the ferry ride at Red Hook or Charlotte Amalie?

The idea is to make the last leg of the journey more like the begining of a vacation, and less like traveling. For the moment, let's say, money is no object....just curious what alternatives have been explored/experienced.

Happy traveling
      (232 days remaining)

3 Answers Jul 13, 2012 at 11:09 AM
    • seshsh's Profile Photo

Fun ideas for SINGLES in St. John??

St. John Jun 21, 2012 at 8:10 AM

We're two single guys (late 20's and early 30's) headed to the islands for a little sun, beach, snorkeling and beach bars--just an overall relaxing time.

We're professional adults with great careers, but we like to let loose every now and then and travel the world.

What can we do on St. John's and St. Thomas that would be fun, preferrably with mixed company? Most the people we've talked to are couples, and we want to stay away from that. We just want to hang out with a mixed group and have a great time and meet new people--no hidden agendas attached.

1 Answer Jun 21, 2012 at 8:16 AM
    • Weather in July

St. John Apr 7, 2012 at 6:53 AM

What will the weather be like the last two weeks of July? We like the Coral Bay part of the island, and are unsure if it will be too hot to relax. Also, what about hurricanes at that time of year? Thunderstorms each afternoon?

2 Answers Jul 16, 2012 at 6:15 AM
    • 2giants's Profile Photo

1st time visit

St. John Mar 10, 2012 at 10:54 AM

We are going to St John for 1 week the end of October, and staying in Cruz Bay. Would welcome any suggestions on day trips, things not to miss, favorite restaurants, etc. Would you recommend we rent a jeep for the whole time, or just a few days. We are interested in snorkeling, and diving, and beach time. Hiking is not high on the list. We're a couple in our late 50's early 60's, walking is ok, but no big hikes. We love being out on the water - so boat trip recomendations would be great. Prefer to be away from the crowds if possible.
      Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Answer Mar 16, 2012 at 8:55 AM
    • Bicycling / camping on St Johns

Johns Folly Jun 27, 2011 at 9:45 AM

I am planning a trip in November to St Johns. Over the course of possibly two-three days I would like to go on a biking expedition/camping trip. Does anyone have any recommendations as to any trails, ruins, scenic camping locations?

Also, can you rent a bike on the island for a reasonable price?

Normally I just look on google maps, find the largest green area, and just see where that gets me. But, seeing as this may be the only time I get to travel to this location... I want to make the most out of my time there.

2 Answers Jun 28, 2011 at 8:07 PM
    • anindya2012's Profile Photo

Budget accommodation in St John

St. John Nov 11, 2010 at 11:11 PM

I am visiting St John along with my wife and 3 yr old daughter. Plan to check in on 14-Dec-10 evening and checkout on 17-Dec-10 morning. We would have a car with us. Any advice on cheap but safe accommodation is greatly appreciated. We intend to have a good time around the beaches. That's all. We are not very adventurous kind. So no special needs. Thanks in advance.

• Caribbean Island - Family Friendly, Snorkeling and Golf?

Saint John Oct 25, 2009 at 7:17 AM

What is the best Caribbean destination that is family friendly, with good snorkeling and golf? We love St. John, USVI for the access to great snorkeling directly from the beaches, availability of villas for traveling with kids (ages 5 and 7) and their grandparents (ages 75 and 80), but going to St. Thomas for golf is not very convenient. We went to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic last year, where the golf and accommodations were great and convenient, but snorkeling was not good (and there was too much seaweed washing up on the beach). Where is the best place for access to all three (family friendly, good snorkeling, good golf)??? Thanks for any suggestions!!!

1 Answer Nov 13, 2009 at 5:57 AM
    • vanderlust's Profile Photo

We are headed back to St. John!

St. John Oct 2, 2009 at 3:49 PM

in one month, one week and two days. And I am already in that mode I get into just before a trip. But it is too early for that! Any suggestions to keep my mind on the here and now?

2 Answers Oct 3, 2009 at 6:30 AM
    • Health

Saint John Sep 17, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Is there any plant, animal, insect that inhabits ST. John that would effect the central nervous system, with symptoms of vertigo and visual migraines?

9 Answers Sep 18, 2009 at 11:09 AM
    • Travel in October?

St. John Sep 1, 2009 at 11:58 AM

I know it's hurricane season, but from what I've read it doesn't seem that bad, unless you get unlucky enough to hit a hurricane....any thoughts? Would you go?

3 Answers Sep 2, 2009 at 4:40 PM
    • Should we stay in Saint John or Saint Thomas?

Saint John Jan 22, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are planning to visit the US Virgin Islands this Spring Break, from Mar. 12 to Mar. 18, 2009. We cannot decide how long we should stay in Saint Thomas and Saint John. Should we stay few nights in Saint Croix as well? Which island is the most expensive? How can we save money? Please give us some ideas. We really appreciate your advice.

So many thanks from Houston.

10 Answers May 20, 2009 at 8:31 AM
    • questions about Car rentals in St. Thomas and St. John

St. John Dec 27, 2008 at 12:09 PM

Hi, I will be visiting STT and STJ from Jan 15 to Jan 18. I want to rent a car. I was looking around the tips on VT. It seems that it is cheaper to rent a car in STT and take car ferry to STJ, right? Is it OK to rent a regular car or it is better to rent a jeep? Does Compact SUV work good in STJ?

3 Answers Jan 5, 2009 at 6:55 AM
    • Getting married

Saint John Sep 29, 2008 at 12:08 PM

I'll be getting marry in St. John. Which is the best restaurant for 2 on our wedding day?

5 Answers Oct 26, 2011 at 12:47 PM
    • Cammel11's Profile Photo

Expensive?

Saint John Sep 25, 2008 at 11:21 PM

Is St. John expensive? I know, I asked the stupid question. Is food and money you pay for other attractions pricey? Or would you say it is average for a vacation destination? I know it depends on your budget, but any replies would be greatly appreciated.

3 Answers Aug 31, 2009 at 8:21 AM
    • Villas

Saint John Apr 16, 2008 at 5:39 AM

Any information on Chateau La Tete, Mystic Ridge, Great Turtle, or Balance? We're thinking of trying St. John's, although we're huge fans of Virgin Gorda. Priorities: Cleanliness, privacy, space, good pool, safe...Any opinion on the bugs in higher elevations?
      Thanks.

4 Answers Nov 20, 2008 at 11:54 AM
    • Anyone else have Villa Mollo problems?

St. John Apr 8, 2008 at 2:27 PM

We had to reschedule with all of six days notice when we were informed that he'd overbooked! And that for Easter Week, 2008! Fortunately, we were able to find another villa due to a cancellation. Ask about San Costanzo villa which overlooks Fish Bay near Cruz Bay! It cost us, and we only got six (not seven) days . . . but St. John is worth it! This was my first poor experience with a VRBO rental, but it has scared me a bit.

3 Answers Oct 13, 2008 at 6:31 AM
    • Charters to The Baths

St. John Feb 24, 2008 at 11:51 AM

Can anyone recommend a reliable and not too pricey charter to The Baths from STJ? I've heard of Limnos and New Horizons.

2 Answers Apr 8, 2008 at 2:19 PM
    • Anyone stayed at these villas?

St. John Jan 26, 2008 at 2:53 PM

My husband and I are goig to St John in June...has anyone stayed at either Lost Horizon or Allesandra villas, and what are your thoughts on them? Thanks

2 Answers Feb 4, 2008 at 11:07 AM
    • St John in June

St. John Oct 12, 2007 at 9:35 AM

I am planning a honeymoon in June and just wondering how the weather is that time of year. Would it be advisable to rent a place with A/C or are the night cool enough to go without? I've read some stuff about mosquitos... are they a big problem? Any help appreciated!

4 Answers Oct 20, 2008 at 6:41 PM
    • Cruise stopping in St. Thomas...

St. John Sep 5, 2007 at 9:00 AM

Hello...my fiance and I will be going on a Royal Caribbean cruise stopping in Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas on Tuesday Dec. 12 and we've heard great things about St. John. Is there a way to get off our ship at 9am in St. Thomas and get to St. John and back by 8pm? What should we see in St. John? Thanks!

4 Answers Sep 12, 2007 at 9:13 AM