St. John Travel Answers

change location
2giants's Profile Photo

car rental/boat charter

by 2giants Online Now Jul 26, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Best car rental place? Looks like Courtesy is winning my vote right now...any to stay away from? This is for an October trip. Also thinking of chartering with Palm Tree Charters for a day or two? Any feed back? Thanks in advance!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • vanderlust's Profile Photo

Re: car rental/boat charter

by vanderlust Online Now Jul 26, 2012 at 4:50 PM

First, if you haven't arranged your jeep already do it now. Rental vehicles are limited on the island and during peak times rental companies run out of vehicles.
    We have used L&L jeep numerous times. ( www.bookajeep.com ) We have always been pleased. We used another company for one trip and it made us realize how good L&L is. Their vehicles are among the newest and best mantained on the island from what I see.
    We have not used Courtesy but I have read good things of them.
    With any company you use you should check the vehicle out before you leave the rental location. Pay special attention to the tires. With regular pop up rain showers and mountainous and twisting roads good tires are important. Many of the accounts of bad experiences I have read revolve around worn tires on rental vehicles.
    I have read good things of Palm Tree Charters.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: car rental/boat charter

by rolandC Online Now Sep 23, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Sail Boat? Power Boat? Local St John Trips or BVI? lots of great options.. these guys have a few operators to choose from:
    http://www.caribbeanboattrips.com/

The BVI trips are the best but a local St John trip is fun too

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular St. John Travel Answer Locations