St. John Travel Answers

change location

Weather in September

by lw9511 Online Now Jul 19, 2006 at 5:34 PM

Hi,
I am going on my honeymoon to St. John in September. i am just wondering how the weather is going to be. is it too hot in september?
Thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • catalysta's Profile Photo

RE: Weather in September

by catalysta Online Now Jul 21, 2006 at 1:16 PM

"Too hot" is a relative thing, but I've generally found I love the Caribbean islands almost any time of year unless a hurricane is imminent. The trick is to stay near the shore or in an open elevated area, where the trade winds will reach you and keep the bugs down.

And of course, stay in the gorgeous waters as much as possible. Which on St. John won't be a problem, it is a phenomenally lovely island, great honeymoon choice!

Here's the Wunderground page showing the seasonal temperatures and rainfalls for Charlotte Amalie (which is on St. Thomas just across the water from STJ):
    wunderground.com/NORMS/Displ...

Be aware September is still hurricane season, but odds are good you will have no problems, and you'll have plenty of warning beforehand if there is a storm coming. If it's something that worries you, make sure you get trip cancellation insurance.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Weather in September

by mimiworld Online Now Jul 30, 2007 at 9:04 AM

we are going in September too and yes it's hot but who cares! You'll be in a bathing suit and sitting on the beach for the entire trip! If there are storms we'll have warning so no worries on that front and it's the low season so you will avoid crowds and may find a beach all to yourselves! So pack a cooler, head to the beach and if it's too hot, go for a little dip or snorkel!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular St. John Travel Answer Locations