St. Croix Travel Answers

change location
vabchtraveler's Profile Photo

Good snorkeling beach in St. Croix

by vabchtraveler Online Now Jun 7, 2010 at 6:56 PM

I 'll be spending only a day in St. Croix and don't want to go to Buck Island but do want to swim and snorkel. I've read about a day pass to the beach at the Sand Castle (supposedly there is decent walk-in snorkeling). Also, apparently there's a snorkel tour that originates there with a40 westend dive trip to a couple of reefs. Anyone know about the Sand Castle day pass or westend diving with St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures? Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Good snorkeling beach in St. Croix

by kevincxxxx Online Now Jul 12, 2010 at 9:43 AM

This might be too late of an answer for you but I just signed up as a member today and was cruising around seeing what was being said about my favorite place in the Caribbean, St. Croix. Though I usually go diving there, I have found that there's a lot of good snorkeling as well. Sand Castle on the Beach hotel does have good snorkeling right in front of the hotel. (Actually go out about halfway to the swim buoys and then snorkel to your left ((north)) and it's really pretty good. I've even seen Hawksbill Turtles along the stretch of reef there. There is a dive boat based at the hotel and they also do the snorkel tour that you asked about. I don't blame you for avoiding Buck Island, it's not only a long way from the pier where the cruise ships come in, but I think there's more sealife to see and the reef is in better shape near Sand Castle than at Buck Island.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • vabchtraveler's Profile Photo

Re: Good snorkeling beach in St. Croix

by vabchtraveler Online Now Jul 12, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Thanks, Kevin. It's not too late and I really appreciate the first-hand info. We are booking the Sandcastle day-pass and I'm hoping to find seaglassand just enjoy the beach. Welcome aboard VT.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular St. Croix Travel Answer Locations