St. Croix Travel Answers

change location

Very Small accommodations

by katieg Online Now Jun 4, 2006 at 8:58 AM

I am looking for some place very quaint in town. What happened to the Pancake House??? Am I dreaming? Some place with a few rooms with big ceiling fans and walking distance to all the little shops? Has The Island changed sooo much? Thanks for your reply. KatieG

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • MichaelStx's Profile Photo

Re: Very Small accommodations

by MichaelStx Online Now Apr 19, 2007 at 10:39 AM

The Breakfast Club? Top of the Hill above town? Think it changed hands, but its still there, just heard about some folks who got married on-island and her mother stayed there. (I didn't find their website with a quick search, but they are listed on several other sites).

Also in town you can try The Pink Fancy (www.pinkfancy.com). Its a cute, quaint little place, walking distance to everything in town, first opened by a Ziegfeld Follies girl in 1948. Its the first place I stayed on St. Croix before moving here in 2001. Its on its third owner since then, but the current owners have the place looking great.

The Danish folks who own the King Christian Hotel, (the large yellow one right on the waterfront and across the park from the fort) have recently acquired the Danish Manor, another small quaint place in town on Company St. Been a bit iffy in the past, but this should be an improvement.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular St. Croix Travel Answer Locations