St. Croix Travel Answers

change location

beaches

by gaby21 Online Now Dec 15, 2004 at 1:23 PM

Hello everyone i am interested in visiting the island but have no idea where to stay. what is the best beach in the island where we could stay. hopefully near the city thank you

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • swkat's Profile Photo

Re: beaches

by swkat Online Now Nov 25, 2004 at 3:23 PM

Hi, I went to St. Croix in 2001 and stayed at The Buccaneer Resort (don't let the name turn you off...it is beautiful!). It is a short ride to Christianstad and the waterfront rooms have a beautiful night view of the lights of the city across the bay. The beach is private for the resort and well-kept. We loved our stay...everything was top-notch. Where ever you stay, be sure to take a day-trip to Buck Island for the snorkeling....it was wonderful.... Have a great time! Karen

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: beaches

by Trainwreck20 Online Now Dec 15, 2004 at 1:23 PM

We stayed in 2004 at the Tamarind Resort (fairly near the Bucaneer). It had a nice (albeit small) beach and the snorkeling was great. The price was very reasonable, but I understand that the long-time owner has sold it and retired, so I do not know what the prices are now.

• H.Margaret's Profile Photo

RE: beaches

by H.Margaret Online Now Mar 1, 2005 at 10:20 AM

Why St. Croix instead of St. John? I was in both places a month ago and St.Johns was better for everything, handsdown!. Especially snorkeling and shopping, and funky cool places to eat.

• H.Margaret's Profile Photo

RE: RE: beaches

by H.Margaret Online Now Mar 1, 2005 at 10:22 AM

Christianstad is dead, we were there in Jan 2005 and it was like a ghost town! It was sad, the cruise ships stopped going there a while ago because of theft, pick pocketing and stuff like that. They are trying to bring the ships back, but when we were there it was pretty quiet, crummy shopping.

• MichaelStx's Profile Photo

Re: beaches

by MichaelStx Online Now Sep 20, 2007 at 10:08 AM

I realize this is a really old post, but feel the need to refute the ill-informed negative responses I read regarding St. Croix. I've lived on both St. Thomas and St. Croix and have visited St. John countless times.

Rather than repeat myself, please see my reply to another post about St. Croix.

VT Forum temporarily unavailable

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular St. Croix Travel Answer Locations