Srinagar

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• GUIDE ME TO STAY IN PEHLGAM OR NOT

by ashimasahi Online Now 19 hours ago

HI, first of all thanks to this very good site . we are planning to come in Srinagar in 28 of june and left on 4th of july with my family . I planned to land in Srinagar on 28 noon , go to hotel and visit to dal lake. On 29 go to gulmarg early morning and come back to Srinagar at night. On 30 explore Srinagar . On 1st of july go to phelgam early morning explore the whole day come back to Srinagar On 2nd of july go to sonmarg come back to Srinagar stay there till 4th of july . I do not want to stay in gulmarg and phelgam at night coz of very expensive hotels . I search on your site that the distance between Srinagar to gulmarg is 45 km and about 1 hr ride and distance between Srinagar to phelgam is 95 km and about 1 hr 45 min ride . SO please suggest me is it possible or not .I have 2 kids one is 13+ and other is 7+.Also tell me the car rent for both places.

more
    • help Needed

by RakeshS10 Online Now Yesterday

can some one provide me the details of a driver working in srinagar or jammu as we are planning to go to kashmir in july along with Amarnath yatra

more
    • URTAPANCHHI's Profile Photo

PALCES TO VISIT FROM SRINAGAR TO SONAMARG

by URTAPANCHHI Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 1:08 AM

what places can be visited on road journey from srinagar to sonamarg

more
    • GUIDE ME TO STAY IN PEHLGAM OR NOT

by ashimasahi Online Now 19 hours ago

HI, first of all thanks to this very good site . we are planning to come in Srinagar in 28 of june and left on 4th of july with my family . I planned to land in Srinagar on 28 noon , go to hotel and visit to dal lake. On 29 go to gulmarg early morning and come back to Srinagar at night. On 30 explore Srinagar . On 1st of july go to phelgam early morning explore the whole day come back to Srinagar On 2nd of july go to sonmarg come back to Srinagar stay there till 4th of july . I do not want to stay in gulmarg and phelgam at night coz of very expensive hotels . I search on your site that the distance between Srinagar to gulmarg is 45 km and about 1 hr ride and distance between Srinagar to phelgam is 95 km and about 1 hr 45 min ride . SO please suggest me is it possible or not .I have 2 kids one is 13+ and other is 7+.Also tell me the car rent for both places.

2 Answers 2 hours ago
    • help Needed

by RakeshS10 Online Now Yesterday

can some one provide me the details of a driver working in srinagar or jammu as we are planning to go to kashmir in july along with Amarnath yatra

2 Answers 18 hours ago
    • URTAPANCHHI's Profile Photo

PALCES TO VISIT FROM SRINAGAR TO SONAMARG

by URTAPANCHHI Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 1:08 AM

what places can be visited on road journey from srinagar to sonamarg

1 Answer Apr 1, 2014 at 6:55 AM
    • Transport Srinagar airport to Sonamarg

by avinash9390 Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Where can I get or book transport from Srinagar airport to Sonamarg? And how much does it cost?

1 Answer Mar 20, 2014 at 3:20 AM
    • Visit Kashmere in mid-march, which condition?

by chodague Online Now Mar 4, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Hi,
      We booked a flight to Srinagar between March, 13th - 17th. What will be the weather of that time?
      I just wonder about the coldliness and the things to do there in this condiation.
      The point is we didn't prepare the warm cloth for India. Can we find some warm cloths easily while arriving there? How much should be the price?
      Is it possible to do houseboat in Srinagar, going to Gulmarg and grassland?
      Any suggestions for hotel or guesthouse? What kind of transport is better?
      We love to visit natural place and trekking acutally.

Thank you for any suggestions,

7 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 8:30 AM
    • Travel itinerary

by NidhiVarma Online Now Mar 4, 2014 at 5:45 AM

I am planning a trip to Kashmir for 7 days in June. What are the best places to visit and hotels to stay at. I have been suggested - that Gulmarg, Pehalgam for 2 days each and 3 days in Srinagar should do it.

3 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 4:42 AM
    • uthathi's Profile Photo

Srinagar - Leh Journey, How much time one should spend in Srinagar?

by uthathi Online Now Mar 2, 2014 at 2:14 AM

Hi, I will be travelling with my parents to Srinagar - Ladakh in the month of June, We will reach Srinagar by 3:30, noon on 1st of June. We have a return ticket (flight) from Srinagar on 12th of June morning at 11 '0' clock. So how much time should we spend in Srinagar - should we depart for Leh on the morning of 3rd or 4th? Is one and half day enough for Srinagar or do we need to stay for two and a half day in Srinagar and then depart from Leh. Moreover, how much time does it take in a cab from Srinagar to Leh and no. of days to cover in Leh.

24 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 10:05 AM
    • srinagar during Ramzan

by sanjaychola1 Online Now Feb 26, 2014 at 6:04 AM

Is it advisable to travel srinagar during Id this july end?

1 Answer Feb 26, 2014 at 8:31 AM
    • VikkyM's Profile Photo

suggestion for trip for srinagar

by VikkyM Online Now Feb 26, 2014 at 1:24 AM

hi i am planning a holiday from 24th may to 29th may 2014 in srinagar so far i booked wangnoo houseboat for 3 nights 24th may to 27th may and dar e salam hotel for 2 nights 27th to 29th may ,
      i have some questions is srinagar safe for tourism with family and kids can i stay there safely and go for sight seen
      also is wangnoo houseboats are good property as well as safe as i hear the stories living in houseboats is not good they stink and not hygienic, also is dar e salam hotel safe and good choice for stay pls help

3 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 4:19 AM
    • SumanK's Profile Photo

help with itinerary : 26th march to 1 april

by SumanK Online Now Feb 14, 2014 at 8:25 AM

HI, my parents, brother and i have planned to explore srinagar and surrounding areas of pehelgam, gulmarg during these 6 or so days. we land on 26th noon and need to leave on 1st noon, could you suggest what can be the spilt of days between these places so we can cover most of it?
      we plan on staying at hotels in srinagar and one out of pehelgam or gulmarg... please help!

3 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 2:12 AM
    • Expatriating

by Geodynamic Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 7:38 AM

Greetings, I am a student from the U.S. who is considering the University of Kashmir for a M.Sc in applied geology. I have the financial ability to go through with such a move and to be able to live in the region for however long it takes to attain the degree. However, I understand that it is somewhat of an area of civil unrest occasionally? I am a decent person and respectable (by u.s. standards) but i'm wondering how well I would be received and if it's a sketchy idea to move there. I haven't been to Srinagar either, so there is that to consider.

6 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 3:08 PM
    • Taxi jammu to Srinagar

by tsetan202 Online Now Feb 4, 2014 at 4:26 AM

How much it will cost to hire a taxi from Jammu to Srinagar??

2 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 3:40 AM
    • honey moon travel

by sazi Online Now Jan 17, 2014 at 5:48 AM

i am planning to take a10 days travel in jammua nd kashmir but i am not able to make a proper itiearnary can i get help

3 Answers Jan 31, 2014 at 11:30 PM
    • Kashmir trip

by Anuj73 Online Now Dec 19, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Will the tulip garden open from 23/3/14 to 30/3/14 as I am there during that period.

2 Answers Dec 23, 2013 at 1:20 AM
    • saquib189's Profile Photo

Plan to visit Kashmir in mid December

by saquib189 Online Now Nov 13, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Hello friends, I'm planning to visit srinagar in December, my destinations are srinagar, gulmarg, sonmarg and pahalgam but I'm going that way that srinagar night stay than in morning going to gulmarg after sightseeing come back to srinagar and night stay there than next morning go to sonmarg and stay one day there than next morning go to pahalgam for 2 days stay and sightseeing there than move to srinagar. This all journey I'll go through bus and sightseeing via cab, so pls give me the details of cab fare and bus fare according to my trip. And pls let me know the timing of bus from srinagar to jammu on morning.
      Thank you

1 Answer Feb 12, 2014 at 7:37 AM
    • iPhones on Srinagar flight

by kkrishi Online Now Oct 28, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I cannot remove a battery from an iPhone. Can I check in my iPhone with my luggage WiTHOUT removing the battery?

10 Answers Oct 28, 2013 at 4:13 PM
    • asood79's Profile Photo

Visiting Kashmir in Dec-Jan

by asood79 Online Now Oct 16, 2013 at 5:13 AM

Hi,

I am planning to go to Srinagar and around with family in Dec end. Was wondering if it is reallt a good time as compared to summers. I am a nature lover and in love with mountains. Have made may trips to mountains and would look forward to having good nature time there. If any one has winter experience of Srinagar please share. 

Thanks

amit

8 Answers Dec 29, 2013 at 10:40 AM
    • Climate in feb of srinagar

by vaibhav1103 Online Now Sep 23, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Hi , me and my wife are planning to go to srinagar in 1st week of febuary. I want to know is the good time to visit? Some people are saying the cold is at peak. So it wont be comfortable to visit.

3 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 5:12 AM
    • Climate in feb of srinagar

by vaibhav1103 Online Now Sep 23, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Hi , me and my wife are planning to go to srinagar in 1st week of febuary. I want to know is the good time to visit? Some people are saying the cold is at peak. So it wont be comfortable to visit.

2 Answers Dec 30, 2013 at 12:49 AM
    • climate now in srinagar

by nandadeviy Online Now Sep 12, 2013 at 10:31 AM

hi how is the weather in srinagar,i plan to travel from 16th sep to 24th . should i take jackets and woolens

1 Answer Sep 12, 2013 at 10:39 AM
    • Visit to Srinagar & Jammu in Oct'13

by premhome Online Now Aug 21, 2013 at 12:17 PM

To Srinagar with two senior citizens (aged 70+) in oct'13
      11 August 2013, 15:07
      Hi, We are a family of 7 members (2 senior citizens, 1 teen, one 19 years old youth and three 40+). We are planning to visit srinagar during mid Oct'13. We would like to visit hindu religious places and have some adventure sport activities.

1. Is it good to travel with senior citizens in mid Oct'13?

2. Places to visit in and around Srinagar

3. Religious places around Srinagar

4. Adventure sports / activities for young people

5. Planning to return from Delhi to Bangalore. Hence suggest some good trains to Delhi from Jammu or around.

Thanks
      Jayashree

2 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 3:14 AM
    • Travel saftey in Kashmir

by simont257 Online Now Aug 15, 2013 at 4:18 AM

We are travelling to Jammu and Kashmir in 2 weeks. Are there any curfews or travel limitations in place. We are hoping to go fishing and bird watching for part of thee stay?

3 Answers Aug 15, 2013 at 9:10 PM
    • The best of Srinigar?

by louisallen02 Online Now Jul 26, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Hello. I am going to Srinigar for 4 days. Any advice/tips would be much appreciated or just anything that is worth checking out.

1 Answer Jul 27, 2013 at 10:57 AM
    • MathiasL's Profile Photo

alone kashmir

by MathiasL Online Now Jul 12, 2013 at 3:48 AM

Hey. I m going to go from armistar un srinagar alone. Is it safe ? The weather, political problems.... ? Thanks

7 Answers Jul 17, 2013 at 1:15 AM
    • Van and Driver

by rluther Online Now Jul 9, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Seven of us will be spending one week in Kashmir in October this year. Any suggestions on how can we hire a van and driver for this time? We would like to be met at the airport in Srinagar where we will spend the first three nights and do sightseeing. Then we will travel to Pahalgam for two nights. We will go back to Srinagar for one final night and then to the airport the next morning. How can we hire a van for seven people with a driver and what would be the cost of this?

2 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 4:38 AM
    • LIQUOR RATE IN SRINAGAR

by mayflowerwest Online Now Jul 3, 2013 at 11:49 PM

LIQUOR RATE IN SRINAGAR

2 Answers Jul 9, 2013 at 7:44 PM
    • KashifJamali's Profile Photo

Train service

by KashifJamali Online Now Jun 27, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Hello all,

Is there new train services from Delhi to Srinagar?

Kindly advise.

12 Answers Jun 27, 2013 at 9:05 AM
    • Is it Safe to travel in Kashmir in this Weather?

by SakshiK Online Now Jun 21, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Hi,
      My family had planned a trip to Kashmir in the last week of June but with rampant rains & floods in Uttarakhand & nearby regions, we are wondering if there is any danger in traveling to J&K right now.
      Could you please confirm that the weather is clear there so we can carry on with the trip? Or do you think we should post pone till a later date?
      Please reply as soon as possible.
      Thanks!

12 Answers Jun 27, 2013 at 6:32 PM
    • transportation from Srinagar to Jammu

by ajay.pn16 Online Now Jun 13, 2013 at 11:55 PM

In July, I am planning for Srinagar and laddkh trip. I need some information

want to reach jammu airport before 6 am from Srinagar. In this case, what are the transportation options i have ? Any Volvo buses are there ? If cabs are there, what will be approximate charge. I want to start at evening time from Srinagar

3 Answers Jun 14, 2013 at 10:09 AM
    • Srinagar Sightseeing

by umavenkatesh Online Now May 20, 2013 at 6:01 AM

we are planing to go to amaranth, the reporting date is on 19th July morning before 8 am. we leave Bangalore on 15th July morning and reach Srinagar on the same day by 3 pm. i need information of local travel. and the important places to see and the budget accommodation.

thank you

1 Answer May 20, 2013 at 6:39 AM