Re: planned a stay at srinagar during may26 to 29 2012
1. May will be ideal weather in Srinagar but will be crowded as many tourists will try to escape the heat of the plains of India. Historical weather forecast is here:
2. Stringent regulations regarding hand baggage at Delhi as well as Srinagar airports owing to security concerns. Wiser not to carry any. Everything in check-in luggage, if possible.
3. In Srinagar, Dal Lake, shikara (house boat), Mughal Gardens, shopping.
4. Don't miss out Gulmarg - a day trip (c. 55 kms; 2/3 hours). Gondola ride.
5. You won't need a guide. Plenty of material here on VT itself.
6. Good idea to book your hotels in advance as well as your houseboat.
Be the first to rate this answer!Was this helpful?