change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• mankam's Profile Photo

watch sri lanka vs england cricket

Kandy Dec 12, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Will be in kandy , willing to watch Sri Lankan VS England cricket match.Anybody there?

more
    • travelling to negombo dolphine club hotel

Colombo Dec 3, 2014 at 4:04 AM

I am going to Negombo dolphine club hotel so anyone tell me the correct bus route number from pettah ( colombo)
      colomobo to negombo hotel fastest bus Luxury or normal?????

more
    • Christmas in Sri lanka with kids

Sri Lanka Nov 22, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Hello,

We are going to Srilanka for three weeks with kids (8,10) where would be a good place to send Christmas? Mirissa?

We were thinking beach, mountains, wildlife park and elephants. What order woud you suggest from a transport point of view? considering a mix of budget and more expensive.

Any tips really/recommendations would be very gratefully received.

Rosa

more

Hello,

We are going to Srilanka for three weeks with kids (8,10) where would be a good place to send Christmas? Mirissa?

We were thinking beach, mountains, wildlife park and elephants. What order woud you suggest from a transport point of view? considering a mix of budget and more expensive.

Rosa

more
    • Bladewings's Profile Photo

Daytrip to Bentota?

Bentota Dec 14, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Hi Guys, I'm Samantha and may be travelling to Sri Lanka in January (2015), with my son. Is mid January a good time for a swim at the beach at Bentota? i'm assuming it's quite a safe beach. My son is autistic and loves water. We will likely stay in Dehiwala. A quick search told me I can get an express train early morning to Bentota and also return via train the same day in the late afternoon.

more
    • Accommodation in Colombo near Water's Edge

Sri Lanka Nov 30, 2014 at 6:40 AM

Anyone know a pleasant hotel/guesthouse in Colombo near Water's Edge Congress Center for around 60-80US$/night? Thanks a lot for information!

more
    • Car rental in August

Sri Lanka Dec 6, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Does anybody have experience with renting a car in August? Is it easy to rent a car in August as soon as I arrive in Colombo? Or are chances high everything is booked? I contacted a car rental company in Colombo and they want me to do an advanced payment to confirm the reservation. Perhaps logical but I rather don't. So I am now figuring out what to do best.

Thanks for any reply.
      Wouter

more
    • storing luggage

Sigiriya Nov 29, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Hi,
      We'll be visiting Sigiriya and we'd like to see Sigiriya Rock, but we will not be staying in Sigiriya overnight. Could you please advise if there is any safe place in Sigiriya where we can leave our luggage for a few hours ? Paid storage lockers or any storage office ?
      regards,

Iwona

more
    • massot's Profile Photo

SRI LANKA, 14 days in January

Sri Lanka Nov 26, 2014 at 4:25 AM

Probably from 10 to 24 January. Arriving from Qatar, our first visit (we live in Barcelona).
      Also we wont to stay a few days (5-6) in Maldives, and it seems than the best way is a return trip from Colombo.
      What visits do you advice in SLanka? Cities, NP or nature, people, temples,...
      Going around the country, is a good idea to rent a car? IIs it better the train and bus and some taxi or that is too hard (I am 70, in good condition!, travelling with my wife, also fit for the age).
      Do you know a good agency, just to ask for a private travel, and to know prices?
      Thanks, my friends, for any help
      Dr. Roma Massot. Barcelona.
      26th November 2014

more
    • Bladewings's Profile Photo

Daytrip to Bentota?

Bentota Dec 14, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Hi Guys, I'm Samantha and may be travelling to Sri Lanka in January (2015), with my son. Is mid January a good time for a swim at the beach at Bentota? i'm assuming it's quite a safe beach. My son is autistic and loves water. We will likely stay in Dehiwala. A quick search told me I can get an express train early morning to Bentota and also return via train the same day in the late afternoon.

2 Answers Dec 15, 2014 at 6:03 AM
    • mankam's Profile Photo

watch sri lanka vs england cricket

Kandy Dec 12, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Will be in kandy , willing to watch Sri Lankan VS England cricket match.Anybody there?

• Car rental in August

Sri Lanka Dec 6, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Does anybody have experience with renting a car in August? Is it easy to rent a car in August as soon as I arrive in Colombo? Or are chances high everything is booked? I contacted a car rental company in Colombo and they want me to do an advanced payment to confirm the reservation. Perhaps logical but I rather don't. So I am now figuring out what to do best.

Thanks for any reply.
      Wouter

7 Answers Dec 8, 2014 at 7:50 AM
    • travelling to negombo dolphine club hotel

Colombo Dec 3, 2014 at 4:04 AM

I am going to Negombo dolphine club hotel so anyone tell me the correct bus route number from pettah ( colombo)
      colomobo to negombo hotel fastest bus Luxury or normal?????

1 Answer Dec 7, 2014 at 9:44 PM
    • Accommodation in Colombo near Water's Edge

Sri Lanka Nov 30, 2014 at 6:40 AM

Anyone know a pleasant hotel/guesthouse in Colombo near Water's Edge Congress Center for around 60-80US$/night? Thanks a lot for information!

2 Answers Nov 30, 2014 at 7:59 PM
    • storing luggage

Sigiriya Nov 29, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Hi,
      We'll be visiting Sigiriya and we'd like to see Sigiriya Rock, but we will not be staying in Sigiriya overnight. Could you please advise if there is any safe place in Sigiriya where we can leave our luggage for a few hours ? Paid storage lockers or any storage office ?
      regards,

Iwona

7 Answers Nov 30, 2014 at 8:05 AM
    • massot's Profile Photo

SRI LANKA, 14 days in January

Sri Lanka Nov 26, 2014 at 4:25 AM

Probably from 10 to 24 January. Arriving from Qatar, our first visit (we live in Barcelona).
      Also we wont to stay a few days (5-6) in Maldives, and it seems than the best way is a return trip from Colombo.
      What visits do you advice in SLanka? Cities, NP or nature, people, temples,...
      Going around the country, is a good idea to rent a car? IIs it better the train and bus and some taxi or that is too hard (I am 70, in good condition!, travelling with my wife, also fit for the age).
      Do you know a good agency, just to ask for a private travel, and to know prices?
      Thanks, my friends, for any help
      Dr. Roma Massot. Barcelona.
      26th November 2014

26 Answers Dec 1, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Hello,

Rosa

1 Answer Nov 22, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Hello,

Rosa

1 Answer Nov 22, 2014 at 10:44 PM
    • SRI LANKA TOUR FROM 29TH NOVEMBER'2014 TO 5TH DECEMBER'2014

Sri Lanka Nov 18, 2014 at 3:00 AM

MYSELF AND MY WIFE , BOTH AROUND 65 YEARS OF AGE ARE GOING IN A GROUP TOUR WITH ITENARAY : SIGARIYA 1N, CANDY 1N , NUWARA ELIYA 2N , BENTOTA 1N AND COLOMBO 1N A TOTAL OF 6 NIGHTS AND 7 DAYS' TOUR. PLEASE SUGGEST CLOTHING AND OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS TO CARRY FOR THIS ITENARARY. HOW WILL BE THE WEATHER AT THESE LOCATIONS IN SRI LANKA AT THAT TIME.

3 Answers Nov 18, 2014 at 4:38 AM
    • Masha_M's Profile Photo

how is the weather in January?

Trincomalee Nov 13, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Hi, how is the weather in January in Trincomalee and at the beaches on the East coast? I know it's rainy season, but can you still enjoy a nice beach holiday? Are most hotels open? Do people still stay on the beach? Or is it all deserted due to bad weather? Would south coast be much better? Or just a little better?
      Thanks!

7 Answers Nov 29, 2014 at 7:54 PM
    • Eden Hotel And Weather in November

Beruwala Nov 11, 2014 at 6:08 AM

Hi,

I'm planning to stay in Sri Lanka on the 18th November at the Eden Resort. What is this hotel like?

Can someone please advise on what the weather will be like?

Also not really sure on what to do about getting the currency - would it be best to get it at the hotel using either card or cash?
      Or take US$ Travellers cheques?

Are there any good restaurants and bars walking distance away from the hotel? If not by Tuk Tuk - are they easy to use and how cheap?

Many thanks

Many thanks

7 Answers Nov 11, 2014 at 9:19 PM
    • 4 days in Sri Lanks

Sri Lanka Nov 9, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Hi!

My husband and I are planning on going to Sri Lanka for 4 days. Looking at the tourism websites it seems like we wont be able to cover much but I would highly appreciate any help in picking out the absolute must-see places that can be visited in this short time so I can plan out my itinerary accordingly. I am most excited about the elephant safaris!

Your help will be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

8 Answers Nov 14, 2014 at 7:11 AM
    • Please look at my itinerary and let me know if there are serious problems with my plans

Sri Lanka Nov 3, 2014 at 6:10 PM

I appreciate your help so much. Having never traveled to Sri Lanka, I don't know if I am making plans which are reasonable......or not
      So far, this is what I am planning....please give your input......I value your opinions:
      Colombo Feb 19 (1 night) we arrive 15 minutes after midnight on the 20th)
      Ayurvedic spa Feb 20-25 (5 nights)
      Kandi (traveling from there to Sgiriya and Dambulla) Feb 25-27 (2 nights)
      Ella 27-March 1 (2 nights)
      Yala March 1-3 (2 nights)
      Colombo March 3-4 traveling to Singapore (1 night to catch a plane)
      I look forward to your input....thank you so much
      Jennie

8 Answers Nov 10, 2014 at 11:29 PM
    • beruwala to adams peak

Beruwala Nov 3, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Hi, we wanted to visit Adams Peak and are staying at the Cinnamon Bey, Beruwala. We looked at getting a train and it was going to take so long! So is it possible to get a taxi there and if so what would be the cost?

Thanks!

2 Answers Nov 3, 2014 at 12:30 PM
    • Traveling to Sri Lanka in Feb. - which 3 cities do you recommend

Sri Lanka Oct 23, 2014 at 3:58 PM

My husband and I will travel to Sri Lanka for the first time February 19-March 4. We want to stay part of the time in the mountains, part on a beach and the rest seeing wildlife (only 3 hotels - one in each location to travel from). If you were going to pick a city in each of these areas, which cities would you pick for the best exposure to Sri Lanka? If you have hotel or wellness spa suggestions I would also love to hear your suggestions. Thank you so much.
      Jennie

5 Answers Oct 26, 2014 at 7:50 PM
    • where to stay south coast

Sri Lanka Oct 20, 2014 at 1:21 PM

We visiting Sri Lanka in Dec Jan for around 10 days and would like to do a trip to kandy express train and then a beach holiday and a bit of shopping before we leave. We love snorkeling and want to do a whale watching trip too. We want to stay in not so secluded but still relaxing areas any suggestions for an itinerary? We are 26 and 28 years so want a beach new years if possible :-)

17 Answers Oct 28, 2014 at 8:19 PM
    • Sri Lanka Trip Help needed

Sri Lanka Oct 20, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Hi,
      what is the earliest train leaving from colombo to dambulla?? or nearby habarana
      what is the ticket price of
      Damabulla Cave Temple
      Sgiriya rock
      anuradhapura
      which is more good?? anuradhapura or Polonnuruwa
      what is the time of earliest train or bus from kandy to nuwara eliya??? so that i can be in time early morning to visit Horton national part and Worlds end
      what is the ticket of worlds end??
      are there any local buses WITHIN THE CITY nuwara eliya working?

2 Answers Oct 20, 2014 at 7:35 PM
    • sallam88's Profile Photo

Negombo to Kandy by bus? AND Negombo to Bandaranaike Airport @ 3am

Sri Lanka Oct 16, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Hi,

anyone here can advise on the buses availability, fares and how long does it takes from Negombo to Kandy?
      and, if there is a train, how long does it takes by train, ticket fare and is it convenient?

last thing, I have to be in the airport at 3 am on Friday, is it easy to find taxi/ tuk tuk at such early time?
      I've asked my hostel to provide a drop off service but no one reply me yet!

Thanks a lot in advance

4 Answers Oct 16, 2014 at 10:39 PM
    • excursions from beruwala

Beruwala Oct 6, 2014 at 1:16 PM

What is the best way to book excursions from beruwala? (We will be staying at the cinnamon bey). Ideally want to do whale watching and to see elephants but I'm not sure where to start!

2 Answers Oct 7, 2014 at 12:15 AM
    • BB1986's Profile Photo

Tea Plantations

Nuwara Eliya Oct 4, 2014 at 3:25 PM

I am visiting Sri Lanka in a few weeks & intend on spending a day in Nuwara Eliya whilst there. This will no doubt be one of the highlights of the trip because I am a lover of tea from all over the world. I am looking at visiting a tea Planation/factory and would like the experience to pick my own, but am struggling to find anywhere that offers this. Can anyone advise as to where I can go to enable me to do all of this?

2 Answers Oct 4, 2014 at 11:17 PM
    • squash05's Profile Photo

Seamstress / Tailor for ladies casual dress

Sri Lanka Sep 30, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Hi all VT - Travelling to SIr Lanka ans was hoping to get a dress copied . Any suggestions on where to get fabric - cheese cloth - Lycra - cotton knit for a ladies dress also any suggestions on who can make it. Many thanks

1 Answer Sep 30, 2014 at 9:17 PM
    • Request info

Sri Lanka Sep 12, 2014 at 9:09 AM

The day will be 9.30 in Colombo until 12.18 two people. I would contact the Tourist Guide Lal residing at the resort House of Sigiriya, thanks

6 Answers Sep 13, 2014 at 11:01 AM
    • 12 days in Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka Sep 9, 2014 at 7:02 AM

We will be flying into Sri Lanka on the 27th of December and departing again on the 8th of Jan. we would like to see the highlights of Sri Lanka, shopping and mostly a beach holiday. I would like to see Kandy, Hikkaduwa or Mirissa and Bentota and then a night closer to the airport for some last minute shopping. please could you advise on a good route to do all of this? thanks a million :-) also where is a good place to be for New years eve

4 Answers Sep 28, 2014 at 3:38 AM
    • club bentota

Sri Lanka Sep 9, 2014 at 4:16 AM

Club Bentota is there nearby shops for Booze and Cigarettes or will i need to source a taxi?>

3 Answers Sep 15, 2014 at 12:23 AM
    • Trip costs

Sri Lanka Sep 8, 2014 at 9:14 PM

How much does it cost to ride in the elephants ? The guide told us it was extra but not how much extra. Also what is the cost of the temple of the tooth?

2 Answers Sep 9, 2014 at 4:29 AM
    • Trips off the beach

Sri Lanka Sep 8, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Would anyone recommend going with the beach sellers at avani Kalutara ? We r hoping to go to the elephant sanctuary temple of the tooth and the turtles. We have been given a price of £45 each in a mini bus (elephants & temple)we where dubious but the rep wants £95!! But then told us it would be safe to get a. Taxi for the turtles as they didn't do that trip. We therefore assumed it would also be fine to go with 'Frank' thanks Dizzy

• 2 weeks in Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka Sep 4, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Flying into Bandaranayake International Airport in October and plan to backpack around the country for two weeks would like to take the train to the tea country, and see as much as possible as well as spending a few days at the beach - any help re itinerary would be appreciated.

3 Answers Sep 5, 2014 at 8:12 AM
    • Gifts to take

Sri Lanka Sep 4, 2014 at 4:24 AM

I would like to bring gifts from Australia to families I will be meeting. Adults and children and teenagers. Any ideas please? I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

4 Answers Sep 4, 2014 at 8:20 PM
    • Safety warning

Sri Lanka Sep 2, 2014 at 2:19 PM

Hi,

I am planning to travel to Sri Lanka this January (Colombo and Galle), but just as I was about the purchase my plane ticket, the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued a warning for citizens not to travel to this country, calling it a dangerous country because of the political turmoil. So, my questions for you are:
      1. How safe is it for 2 women to travel in Sri Lanka? We just want to do some sight-seeing around these 2 cities and spend a few days on the beach.
      2. (this is for those who are or have recently been there) Is it really dangerous for tourists, as our Ministry warns (terrorists attacks, revolts)?

Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Nov 29, 2014 at 8:02 PM