Hello, I'm expanding my business and outsourcing most of our work to Sri Lanka. Because of this we're intending on moving family out mid 2006 for at least a couple of years and I'll be going out November to sort some work out. I have loads of questions, if anyone has any answers please let me know! We are currently looking at being based Negombo way. Here go the questions:
- most importantly, I love playing soccer. Any teams in Negombo?!!
- any thoughts on the cost of living. We do NOT live expensively and we don't want a fully 'staffed' house, driver, etc
- how much can I rent a house for? Nothing plush needed but comfortable for a family, 4 bedroom home
- does anyone know the legalities on purchasing a house? Is there still 100% stamp duty and is this on the house or the land or both?
- is health care expensive (3 kids)? Someone mentioned Apollo Hospital
- we have been looking at the NICE school, any tips, hints or comments? Anyone know costs?
- are there any comments that people can make about living out in Sri Lanka? We know Asia fairly well but have never been to Sri Lanka!
- anyone able to make comments on the dull subject of income tax?
That's about it.