Sri Lanka Travel Answers

change location

Travel to sri lanka

by Eusu Online Now Jun 11, 2004 at 1:06 AM

Hello, We are likely to visit Srilanka in early Jul. Would the visit be hampered by the monsoon season .?We intend to see Kandy - Nuwera Eliya-Mirissa and return . What would be the preferd mode of travel with in srilanka? We intend to spend 2 weeks there

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • travelinxs's Profile Photo

Re: Travel to sri lanka

by travelinxs Online Now Jun 11, 2004 at 1:15 AM

It is common to hire a taxi with driver if you're short on time, but if you do, be sure to get ALL the costs written down before hand and what it includes (eg drivers accomodation, food, fuel, worn-out windscreen wipers, his toothpaste etc etc!! Really, they can be a bit crafty!) But do try to get on the trains, espeacialy inland. The trip from Kandy down to Columbo is really nice. They are very rustic, very cheap and great fun. Sorry, can't advise on the weather for then. Have a great trip. Chris

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Travel to sri lanka

by Eusu Online Now Jun 11, 2004 at 2:05 AM

Thanks Chris, The tip on finalising the taxi ride is definitely worth it. Will try the train ride if time permits.

• Nilanka's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Travel to sri lanka

by Nilanka Online Now Jun 11, 2004 at 6:12 AM

Hello, The monsoon season will be on but it will not spoil your trip. There will plenty fo sunshine as well. I dont think you need to visit Nuwera Eliya and Mirissa as there are much better places for you visit like Sigiriya. If you plan on hiring a car and drievr please do e-mail me as I can get you one. Cheers, Nilanka

• Re: Re: Travel to sri lanka

by Eusu Online Now Jun 11, 2004 at 7:33 AM

Thanks Nilanka, Will definitely consider your offer .

• Nilanka's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Travel to sri lanka

by Nilanka Online Now Jun 11, 2004 at 8:29 AM

Great, You can e-mail me at: nilankap@sltnet.lk

• sanco_3's Profile Photo

Re: Travel to sri lanka

by sanco_3 Online Now Jul 1, 2004 at 5:25 AM

Hi, I am a Sri Lankan. I have experienced the luxury of the "Elephant Corridor" hotel, a 6 star hotel. Every suite has a private plunge pool and some have pool within the Suite. The rates start from US$200 room only for a doubl suite. The hotel is in Sigiriya (cultural triangle). I suggest that you could end you honey moon on a luxurious note. They have specials for honeymooners. You could travel by A/c car or a more expensive mode of the Sri Lankan Air taxi. Cheers! Sanjay

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Sri Lanka Travel Answer Locations